A good child care at sembawang??

kellymum

I went for few childcare, to look for n2 vacancy for my girl.

1. JOY MONTESSORI SCHOOLHOUSE - 355 sembawang way ( place so small,when i been there twice, all student laying on the floor with light off. Talk with the principle for a while, really not interested at all. $945 b4 subsidy, which i see not worth)

2. CHEERYLAND SCHOOL HOUSE PTE. LTD. (511 canbeerra, this place super noisy, I stayed there for 30min, I saw the chinese teacher on the cd to teach chinese, too noisy environment I can't even listen what the cd playing? unless you take the montessori class, which got special aircon room for teaching inside - pay extra, toiet dirty.. dont like also.)

3. Little campus ( same floor, just opp CHEERYLAND SCHOOL HOUSE , very good environmental. teacher and principal vey polite, place very clean,too bad no vacancy.)

4. PCF SPARKLETOTS SEMBAWANG (BLK 504A)- just open 1 month ago. now N2 student only 6pax, environment is good, toilet very clean, fee only $288 after subsidy, but the form teacher for N2 very young seem like non-english speak teacher, the other chinese teacher so old like aunty type look not patient at all. principal and other senior teacher very polite. Main concern, form teacher too young, inexperience. the bed is not pvc type, which i like also.)

5. CHERIE HEARTS @ ADMIRAX PTE. LTD. ( I shortlisted this cc, very nice place. aicon, only worry when they bath my girl. will get cold. the rest all ok.)

6. STAR LEARNERS @ SEMBAWANG PTE. LTD.( this cc super big, my girl keep asking want to go this cc. but my husband dont like, he prefer well-english speaking environment. but here alot of prc. form teacher also chinese from china teacher. I like this place,if i want to let me my girl stay from 9-5 so long hours. i prefer bigger space for her to walk around. instead of look in the small class room. so pity)

7. Eager beaver at yishun - i like the place and the environment good. too bad no vacancy.

will keep looking for few more cc. any mummy put your kids at above cc, can share your experience.?? thanks.

My neighbour puts her 4 yo son in Star Learners and she recommended me that place.

Just a note about aircon, SIL mentioned with aircon, illnesses spread more frequently.

Other than that nothing much to share, i'm oso researching for my 7mo baby
happy.gif

but star learners, daily comminication will be mandarin? alot of china teacher there. even the principle also can't speak a good engligh. starlearner dont have aircon? all fan?

eager beaver - after 1 day try, i withdraw my girl. pay 96 dollars.

today try cherie heart. hope will be ok.

Is Perform@Junior still where it is? I came across it in other threads but can't see it in MCYS Child Care Link. But when I google, it appears..

558 Sembawang Road
S758419

Tel: 67553626

I only have an experience with Greentree when my baby was 5 months old. They took care of her for a day and gave us a report on what happened throughout the day. Fed milk an water how many times, baby tried to talk to adults when talked to, baby tried to use her leg to touch the paper on the wall when the paper produced sound as it interacted with the wind. I was very impressed.

I'm looking for CC at sembawang for my 15month boy too! Thinking to put him at MFS at Wellington 507. How is Cherie heart so far? How do they charge? Thank.

cherie heart, after $300 subsidy cost $560. 1st week my maid and me accompay inside. yesterday 1st day try let her alone wholeday. at first keep crying. when i pick her back home. very happy.

but this morning 2nd day let her alone again.
still cry... morning refuse to change uniform dont want to go also..so diff to bring her there.

tired. any mummy share little campus at sembawang?

i visited a newly open childcare Li'l einsteins early learning centre at jalan cherpen, sembawang yesterday for my children (n2 & toddler). a nice and cosy centre with a big playground.i like their small class ratio which gives me assurance that my children will get better attention from their teachers. am planning to register my kids there next month.
go check this place out mummies.

sebanwanf mummy: can u share y withdraw yr child from eaber bever?

perform junior has changed name and moved to woodlands 2 yrs ago. the current sebawang place is taken by little tree house but principle is the same one i think.

hello sembawangmummy, is the cherie heart at admirax aircon or non-aircon place?

I am most likely to put my child in carpe diem next year. Still exploring if there is suitable ones around.

Besides the MCYS link, the OneMap website also displays CCCs and the locations.

http://www.onemap.sg/index.html

Under the "Themes" icon > Family > Child Care Services

From this website, I found more CCCs around Sembawang Shopping Centre area, not reflected in MCYS website. Wonder why...

Hi all, I have created a sembawang mummies fb. Do join us there. PM me your email and I will try to add u all in.

twinklestarworld ,
cherie heart at admirax have aircon.

my girl like prefer this cc compare to last time PAP 3hours school. Still let her in this sch at the moment.

If this school is non-air con will be perfect.

jkids (jkids) ,

I withdraw my girl from eager beaver, bcoms the group is too big, more than 20kids vs 1 teacher. been told this is training class, when having lesson 2 class combine together. From what i observe, normally 1 teacher take care more than 20 kkids most of th time. ofcos the principle tell the diff story.

just 1 full day my girl and me there. the next day i quickly wihdraw my girl out of this school.

heard many ppl said this sch very good. but i wondering how come when i call last month, still have available vacancy??

babiesmeme (babiesmeme) ,

MMI montesorri at 310 canberra road, i strongly suggested you dont let your kids go there.

last time when my girl about 1years plus. I always push her in stroller go nearby cc to observe which one is the good childcare.

this 310 IMM is the worst. find one day, you down to take alook by yourself. go b4 1pm. b4 the nap time. you can see the true face..... you try to google some feedback. always have bad comment.

recently little campus called me, there is vacancy, i still consider whether next year change my girl to that sch or not.

this cherie heart i like is the sch quite big and clean. kids have mre space to play around. but the little campus at canberra road really small. the group bigger than cherie heart also aircon.....

any mummy have exp in little campus?

kellymum, ah okok. i went to the cherie heart @nurture cottage (semb rd), very old and dark. cannot make it. I google the admirax, a bit far from me.

I read quite good reviews for EB as well . So i called up and dropped by. of course gg on sat is not a good enough to review. I just want to take a look at the environment. Didn't like it, they don't have windows. Those middle session, in the area, it's enclosed room as well. the ratio is 1:8 (for toddlers) and this means they max the number given by MCYS. Still got vacancy, i was told they want to end their student care service & 3 hrs childcare to make way for more students in full day childcare.

I was hesitating between cambridge and carpe diem. So in the end I chose CD. It's more costly but the environment was quite homely, spacious with high ceiling, non-aircon. I can't visualise the teaching style as it is quite new. So have to wait till my daughter starts schooling before I can feel whether it's good or not.

hi sembawangmummy, have heard good comments on little campus but i agree the place seem small.staying near there.

Please dont put yr kids at Star learners near sembawang shopping ctr. They have many outbreaks of HFMD. My hubby colleague has withdraw her kids there. I also have bad experience with them during registration.

sebawang mummy...thanks. i oso find the teacher student ratio a turn off.
sad.gif
but i am looking for a ccc in yishun area ...

Cheryl (cherylkjh) ,

cherryland at canberra road, opp little campus?? that one super noisy, principle ms indian. environment no clean le??

if you walk over to opp little campus. that principle more polite and those kids look really so much diff compare to cherryland.

little campus really got standard. but the school really small.

jkids (jkids) ,

why not try little campus at yishun (i think near khatib) my neighbour opp me. her daughter 5 yrs old. in that school. acc to her standard quite high. only that chinese teacher turnover very high.

change till the mummy dont know who is her chinese techer.

we will move near to yishun mrt...so actually prefer one near there...

dun go starlearner coz there is more than one time there is hfmd outbreak and they had to close. many withdrew esp last yr...

i oso not in fav to go to a big sch with many kids...hard to contain hfmd...

my girl staterd at cherie heart, about 2 week later. kena stomach flu. then i brought her back to malaysia, allergic to food. see doctor again. back singapore bcos of cough and running nose, take antibiotic more than 10days. just recover, send to school only half day, since last fri. today fever again. Really headache, not sure whether her body really too weak. or under aircon virus spread very fast. bcos i heard 1 of the daddy also mentioned his 2yrs old son kena stomach flu last week. just recover and send to school same as my girl on this monday.

if find those non-air child care, really those kids can sleep during such hot weather in sg. my girl easily to feel hot and wet the body.

really make me headache. dont know how.

sembawangmummy...
how old is your ger?
are you able to keep her at home for a few more days till she gets stronger?

my girl will be starting school only in mar next yr when she is 18 Mths by then.

yup, the fb that you see is the flyer i received previously. i visited their open house in jul and recently dropped by on sat morning. saw a few mummies around too. but their kids are much older than mine.

actually i am hesitating to put her at those 2-3 hr playgroup for the start. can't bear to let her go thru whole day at cc at such young age and confirm she will fall sick frequently.

jkids (jkids) ,

she is 4years old. keep at home more than 2weeks already. sick day at home more than schooling day. pay for nothing. always get sick. 2days ago even worst. kena hfmd. throat got few ulser. 2 days fever later luckily now ok already. mc 7days at home.

twinklestarworld (twinklestarworld) ,

really suddenly my girl change fr 3hours to fulday cc. get sick very often. end aug till now non-stop. see her so suffer.

hmm..I went Star Learners open house last saturday and the teacher said they didn't close last yr..Closed as in the children couldn't attend right?

Play group for 18mo is slightly more than $1k!

On second thoughts, I may just let my bb attend 2h PG (Talent Plus or Star Tots) and only send to N1 when she reaches 3yo?

All this falling sick saddens me. Is it really that bad? Then CD will be really appealing cos it's a new place..

i feel like want to change my girl to 5hours or 7hours PAP class. dont sleep in the class. bring back and take care by my self.

googlesz82:
strange...coz it was closed last yr and d yr b4 due to hfmd outbreak. it was in the news...unless its a diff branch. yes, closed so that no children allowed to attend sch until infections is done properly.

cant be help...sure falls sick. very troublesome if working mum need to take urgent leave... personally i think 4 yrs old to fullday childcare will be ideal...

i juz rec CD's flyer in my mailbox yday...d place is ulu and far in...

sembawangmummy:
5 or 7 hrs Pap class? thought its 4 hrs max... mine used to study 3/4 hrs at pap . after tat changed him to fullday childcare when hit 4 yrs old.

kellymum, has yr girl gone back to school? I wanted to put my girl in 3 hrs pg at 18mths but not many places offer pg and some places not convenient for my ILs. So logistics wise is an issue unless my ILs don't have to send my niece to kindy. We are prepared that she will get sick. If there is someone/i am SAHM, i will pick my child around noon time, that means, she will bathe, lunch and shower at home instead in cc. paying full day for half day prgm.

jkids, that place quite isolated.. back to nature land w big space. if you visit the admiral hill which is also somewhere there, it's even more ulu. they hv trpt that cater to sembawang kids but not yishun.

jkids (jkids) ,

ya, PAP block 330 sembawang here. next year k1 5 or 7hours. but my girl refuse to go there. make me headache. When i ask her, want to change her back. she keep crying. keep saying want to stay at new sch (cherie heart). maybe cherie heart got bigger space and indoor playground. she quite enjoy.

twinklestarworld ,

me also paying full day but only 9 or 10- 1pm there. bcos my girl always sleep late..

hi all, i'm glad i found tis thread!

i hv been looking for gd sch ard our area but still haven't found an ideal one.

my ger went to cambridge, greentree and nw at home waiting to get into EB.

after reading the various positive n negative comments, i'm quite scared of letting my ger go to EB
sad.gif

i think not convenient to share here. It cld be just my own feelings, not really fair to disclose details here. Pls PM me if u need to know.

i am looking for a cc for my 2 yr old boy as well. went to carpe diem @ canada road last week, the environment is impressive - big indoor and outdoor area. but since it's new, there are not much children, we saw the kids were just playing by themselves, no difference from playing at home. one of the younger one was crying, the teacher seemed quite impatient. the fee is abt $830 after subsidise plus uniform and need to buy a cot. not sure if i am going to send my son there, will look for others to compare.

Back