A good child care at sembawang??

oh dear, i was considering the Carpe Diem branch at Canada road as well. one of my concerns is about children being left to cry by themselves etc.

Any other feedback about the Canada branch?

shall have to look for others to compare as well....

I suppose cot - is for full day? I am surprised we need to buy a cot....My son will not stay in it. Hahaha

Hi, I've also signed up for CD @canada road. My boy will be starting in Jan next year. Anyone's child already there? Would love to hear more comments. Thanks!

hi mummies,

mind to share more? i'm also thinking of enroll my girl. pls never ever consider my First Skxxl
i had a bad exp with them, i saw how they treat the child and i even complain them by calling MCYS.

going to withdraw my girl from cherie heart soon. Short of teacher recently, I think bcos of the location, they are not easy to hire teacher.

my girl next year K1, already registered back to pap 4hours class. will get a maid to takecare.

ended up didn't withdraw my girl from cherie heart lo.

My girl very like the chinese teacher. and just spoke to her, this chinese teacher willing to take care my girl. untill my girl settle down.

Hope everything go smooth. I really hope my girl can enjoy the school life.

if any mummy still looking for few hours session for kids. I know there is a school (church) near to sembawang shopping centree there. also very good. my friend's son study there N2 this year. all the teacher very experience to take care of child.

mercury (mercury99) , which branch of my first skool?

so disappointed to the teacher/school, chinese teacher at cherie heart promised to take care my girl till her settle down. But one of the pg class, lack of teacher. she need to take care those small kids, can't help.

till now, everyday bring my girl go school. she still struggle, and cry. wake up keep mention dont want to go... really make me headache.. dont know how to do.. now.

Hello mummies! I'm also glad to find this thread!

I've a 4yo child and I've already registered with PCF next year. I'm also exploring Carpe Diem. Anyone has any idea on the fees for K1 (half day and full day rate) as well as the transport charges?

Thanks ya!

Hi Sembawang mummy, I would like to check on kidszone don know how is the school? Don mind to share.I have move to sembawang for 1 yr but don really know this pre school.I have been in the waiting list for little campus but almost 1 year also no news.

Hi I visited Carpe Diem on Wed. Found the environment and setup great. No fuss abt it plus is a non aircon environment with high ceiling. My girl loves the place and refuse to leave. Jus feel that the teachers and principal are not friendly. This makes the atmosphere kind of tense. Will wanted to visit cambridge n mayb Little einsteins early learning centre for comparison. Mummys, pls share views?

Hi mummies! I'll be sending my junior to PCF Sparkletots @ 504A wef Feb 2013. Any mummies currently or gng to send her junior there? :)

Hi Ari21, I'm planning to send my daughter there on April. But no vacancies and on waiting list. U manage to get a place for your junior? When did u enroll?

My boy will start his n2 class this march but seen like no one feed back for "kidszone" . Feel confuse don know whether this school is good o not. As I enrol him to this school cos it near my place and I am a working mother prefer walking distant.

Hi mummies, I am so glad to find this thread!
I recently put my girl who is 3yr old to Glory Joy. Today is the fifth day and she still cannot settle well in the cc, always needs our company (or nanny/babysitter). Teachers there advised us to stay longer to let her settle gradually.
However, I wonder if they are just unwilling to help bcoz there are so many kids there.
sad.gif

Any comments about this cc?

i love babies (lovebaby13),

that's the main reason i withdraw my girl from eager beaver. (just 1 day try) too many kids in one class.

I found that cherie heart is good, bcos just small group of kids.

Too bad, they are facing shortage of teacher problem now.

I let my girl attending both sch (cherie heart and PAP 309 canberra now) - just for temporarily.

I let her feel the different, then will decided on feb after back from cny, which scch to settle down.

Hi sembawangmummy,

Thanks for sharing!
Teacher there kept telling me that it's very normal that kids will cry a lot when they face a new environment and we parent should hold our emotion and let go.
I am really puzzled now...whether to let my girl until she comprises or change school.....

Hi,

My boy graduated in My Little Campus (MLC) located above Sembawang Mart. So far, I must say the curriculum is in accordance to standards and communication on infectious diseases are prompt. This is the 3rd childcare centre that my boy is in. Previous 2 cannot make it and my boy stayed for 3 years + with MLC.

Hi Sembawangmummy,

I would like to share my experience before recommending the school in Sembawang.

My daughter born June 2010 was at a neighbourhood school in Woodlands(and with all good intention, I will not mention names of past bad experiences). Registered her there when she was 18months old - November 2011. She was coping reasonably well. Until September/October 2012, I notice a huge change in my daughter's behaviour. She became very reserved and moody and couldnt speak her thoughts and ended up talking in a language that I couldnt understand and always cries alot. This is not her usual self at all. I checked with the principal and she mentioned that her form teacher has resigned and has been replaced with a China teacher who doesnt speak english at all. My daughter is the only indian in her class.

I have nothing against other races or languages as I too want my daughter to be exposed to various languages. However, one day my girl told me that "Lao Se" (Pardon my spelling) beat me. I asked her several times as I couldnt believe my ears. Another incident was my daughter kept having very very very bad nappy rashes. So much so that when she poos in her pampers she will hide and wont tell me. When I ask her.. she mentioned that "Lao Se wash - very pain". Okay mums, I was very patient and did not confront anyone based on my 2 year old's feedback... but how far can I not trust my daughter's words. Together with all this her moody and depressive behaviour.

I had to keep asking/checking the principal who kept on assuring me that it is a nationwide problem that there is always a lack of teacher and the only available ones are from China. It is very sad for me (and Im sure it is a the same for every mother) coz we go to work hoping that our child is in good hands and when we hear that our child is abused severely or not- it still hurts.

Thereafter, I was in search of schools all over Woodlands.. some of the top names mentioned above and there were no vacancies. Then I shifted my focus to Sebawang and after going to various schools to view - I finally settled for a new-set up: "Li'L Einsteins" at 15 Jalan Cherpen, Sembawang Springs Estate.

My daughter was enrolled in Li'l Einsteings Early Learning Centre in December 2012. In one month, as parents, me and my husband were very impressed with the change that our daughter has gone through. A complete change from a moody and depressed child to a vibrant and confident 2.5year old girl. Up to today I have no regrets with the school, the teacher, the environment.

Im not sure if you parents share the same feelings as me. But for me... it doesnt mean that a SUPER expensive school will be a good environment for my daughter. Sometimes a good and school is what a child needs.

So there you go people. Thats my story. Please do feel free to ask me anything re: the school and I will be more than happy to give you my feedback/testimony.

Im a happy parent.!

Cheers mummies.

Jaya

Oh another note: IN the previous school, my daughter cries and throws tantrums to go to school but in Li'l Einsteins, she doesnt want to go home and cries only because she wants to stay on in school hahahah.

My girl is on Full day care at Li'l Einsteins. Thank you all.

Hi lovebaby13,

I tried to PM you but I got a message saying that you do not receive private messages. Please let me know how you would like me to reach you.

Thank you.

Hi Jaya,

I note that u have been searching school at sembawang area have u ever come through "kidszone". I feel very unsecure cos go through so many post but didnt c any comment abt this sch. Mind to share? thanks.

Hi Jovic Mummy,

Which school are you referring to in relation to insecurity?

Kidszone? or Li'l Einsteins?

I did see several CCs in Sembawang but did not view Kidzone.

Li'l Einsteins is a new set up and they dont take in too many students and they would like to keep their numbers small and focus on their children as opposed to taking in too many and not able to cater to them accordingly. They started in Sept 2012 and I find their environment and curriculum pretty good. My daughter was enrolled there on 3rd December, 2012 and she is doing pretty well till date. The teachers and principal are very approachable and are good with giving their feedback about the child's development. This is important to me.

Jovic Mummy, do what I did... go to the school and have a look and you will then get a feel of it. Please bring your little child along as its crucial that the child likes the school.

This is what I did (im sure other mummies do the same) to see how the child likes/fits into the environment first before deciding on the school. Alternatively, there if a FACEBOOK PAGE on "Li'l Einsteins" -
happy.gif

Happy viewing.

Thank you.

Jaya

Hi Jaya,

I refer to kidszone.

Will bring my son here again before the school start. As when I go for registration I didnt bring him along. He is at Malaysia(I just snap photo to show him), after I call the school and they say there is a place for him I went to the school, c the enviroment and register. I have been in the waiting list of 2 sch that I prefer but wait almost 1 yr but no reply.Will do according to the advice. Thanks so much :-]

Is it true that once the baby born we have to go to the sch we prefer for registration?

HI Jayamum, can you pm me the preschool in woodlands? cos I am shortlisting a school for my kid in woodlands. thanks.

Hi,

I've visited Carpe Diem at Canada Road thrice and brought my daughter there to experience the environment thrice. So far, seems okie. So I've registered her for mid-Feb classes.

I'm a first time mum so I don't really know what else I should look out for. The moment the teacher/director saw me looking at a small boy sitting all alone on his own, they quickly informed me that the boy just attended school first day and they had all just finished a water game. So letting everybody cool down first. So far, my daughter seems to be alright when the teachers played or talked to her. But I'm not sure how it's going to be after I leave her in the school.

Any parents has kids in Carpe Diem especially for the 18 months old section? Anything to share?

Hi sufeiya

I Hv been there once, very attracted by the setting n environment. But just feel the teachers n director, do not seem to be very passionate towards the kids. Kids there seems to b inactive n not as bubbly as compare to other centre. Hence I cross out this centre.

Hi Firefly159,

Thanks for your sharing. I was attracted to the surrounding too. Have you found a CC for your child yet? If yes, can share with me? I just spoke with the Director yesterday and she seems to give me quite model answers when I ask her a few questions to clear my doubts. I hope I did not make the wrong decision but if I notice anything wrong, I definitely will pull my child out for the best interest of hers... Feels very scary choosing CC...

Hi, my husband went to the Canada Road centre once, during the kids naptime. One of the teachers was holding a toddler and using the laptop. From previous visit, the teachers told me the kid has just joined. I was a bit concerned because even if cannot nap - use laptop is not actually very gd reinforcement.
But then, I dont know the whole story.

I also feel very scary to choose cc. Dont know what happens when we not there. but guess there's cons of every cc, so the parents have to feedback and be eyes for one another
happy.gif

Timothy & Yewya (tpyy) ,

normally visit during naptime and bath time. can see alot of 'true face' of the child care.

my girl K1 now, still at cherie heart and PAP. after she experience this 2 sch. she prefer PAP.
I still let her go PAP-mon to tue, and cherie heart wed till fri.

that day when pick her up half day from cherie heart. She told me very loud, 'mummy, teacher kick my school bag' infront of the form teacher.

^-^ teacher face like dont know what to do, so sudden..

teacher also have mood, she scold my girl 'K1 already still dont want to pack your bag'... my girl told me also kick other student's sch bag...

although is small matter, worry my girl also will learn from her. when feel frustrate, also kick the thing at home..

I still havent' make up my mind. many mummy said, PAP cant learn anything.. child care standard higheer.. but PAP teacher really alot better compare to those foreign teacher (most of the child care form teacher mainly from philipine)

Hi mummies,

I am thinking to send my child to Carpe Diem at Canada Rd.

I hv visited the CC but would like to know more abt the teachers there.

Hope mummies can PM me yr view abt this CC.

I noe sometimes there isn't much of a choice but if u can..send yr child to ccc wen they r 3 or older. A age whe they r well aware of d surroundinh n wat happen to them. Imagine we lose our patience wen we look after a Toddler so wat abt a teacher...? But having said tat I still condemn such bad behavior. Someone I noe work in ccc b4 n telle she will never let her child attend a ccc.

Hi Jayamum,

Can PM me more information on Li'l Einsteins? Try to PM you but you don't accept PM. My gal is having problem with the current CC. Thanks.

Hi, anyone care to share information on the following childcare:
1) carpe diem (canada road)
2) cambridge(admiral hill)
3) starlearner
4) greentree montessori

Im planning to enroll my gal in of these childcare.

TIA

Back