A good child care at sembawang??

Hi mummies ,

Would like to gather feedback on my little campus in sembawang area. I notice there are 3 branches.
1. Blk 511 @ sembawang mart
2. Blk 406 sembawang drive
3. Blk 482 admiralty link

May I know if you have any experience on anyone of them? Could you please share your experience with us? Eg. Environment, teachers, curiculum etc

Thanks

Hi
My youngest son has graduated from MLC last year 2014. Both my 2 sons are from MLC.
They are both from MLC Blk 511 wellington branch in Sembawang. Both of them enjoyed their stay in MLC for 4 years...
Happy with their cirriculum and my 2 sons are well prepared for pri 1..
Teachers wise - ok.. as usual.. Chinese teachers are from China.. but are well trained...
K2 are actually very close to Pri 1 syllabus. So Pri 1 is a breeze for them...
However, during the last year of my son in MLC.. noticed a lot of new teachers in other classes... So I can't commend much on the new teachers.. but the "old" batch of teachers whom handled my 2 sons are great... no complains.
they also have extra cirruclum like abacus, speech and drama, art classes and MPM.. optional which you will have to pay extra.. but will conduct during the school time.. (like 1 of the days no naps.. or after 5pm which is their TV time)
So sort of no need wkend enrichment classes.. :)

Environment wise for blk 511.. its conducive for learning.. clean and well lit and well decro... toliets are well maintained and clean.... happy and comfortable with the environment compared to other CCC.. the 2 aunties who worked there also friendly and they all loved kids..
the showering... children poo poo cleaning are all done by the aunties... and can see that my boys are well maintained and clean when I picked them up after work...
Admin is strong and the branch in charge look seriously in all feedbacks and complains and make sure they are well addressed...

When choosing CCC 8 years ago for my oldest son, also compared with Cheeryland and all other CCC in sembawang
Not comfortable with Cheeryland as their classroom settings was not organised and the whole environment was very dark and dim... look very "dirty" then... teachers didn't look very pro and well trained... and not well maintained...
so not too sure about now..
when I visited MLC.. straight away I know this is the CCC which I'm going to enrol my oldest son in... overall feeling is great... also on waiting list and luckily they decided to open another new class the following year and straight away my boy was in.. :)
But MLC only take in children 3 years of age as of the year calculated...

my girl K1 now, still at cherie heart and PAP. after she experience this 2 sch. she prefer PAP.
I still let her go PAP-mon to tue, and cherie heart wed till fri.

that day when pick her up half day from cherie heart. She told me very loud, 'mummy, teacher kick my school bag' infront of the form teacher.

^-^ teacher face like dont know what to do, so sudden..

teacher also have mood, she scold my girl 'K1 already still dont want to pack your bag'... my girl told me also kick other student's sch bag...

although is small matter, worry my girl also will learn from her. when feel frustrate, also kick the thing at home..

I still havent' make up my mind. many mummy said, PAP cant learn anything.. child care standard higheer.. but PAP teacher really alot better compare to those foreign teacher (most of the child care form teacher mainly from philipine)
Hi Kellymum,

Shoppes @Sg (duffysg) ,

my gal exactly like your child. last time vomit and cry .. dont sleep eat sch food. everything the same.

finally i withdraw her from cherie heart.

Now she is happily go sch at 309 canberra 1.15-5.15pm.

I let my girl try from aug2012 till 8feb at cherie heart. (about 6months) she still dont seem happy to go there.

but at 309canberra, less than 2weeks. now she happily learning, I even went to toy musuem with her this monday. (PAP teacher really diff compare to those foreign teacher)...

K1 very impt year, lucky my gal settle down. start to learn thing.

my gal back home, dance and sing again just like last time when she was N1.... ^-^

hope all mummy get the good cc for your kids too.

Hi Kellymum,
Can we enroll to two different school in the same time?
My son also at the Blk 309 Sparkle Tot PCP, N2 this year. I am planning to send him to full day child care at My first skool Canberra.
Firstly I am also same as you to send him to two CC until end of this year. But MyFirstSkool say if I haven't withdraw from current CC, they can't register for him.
How did you do it? Thank you.

Hi mummies, I'm a dady.... just to share something I feel great.
My son is now studying in Berry Tree Preschool at 511 Canberra Road, Sembawang Mart. I'm not sure what mummies really care about when choosing school for your kids. As a dady, I believe education is the most important thing in early years of one's life. No one wants his/her kids to loose at starting line. The reason that I transferred my son to this school is due to the cozy and neat classroom arrangement, non-aircon but still airy environment, friendly staff and a variety of activity facilities such as art atelier, cookery room, performance stage, dance studio, multi-media interactive learning centre... But what really impressed me is when I came back from work one day and saw my son was pointing at Chinese characters on a story book while reading the story to his grandpa! Apart from strong Chinese curriculum, the school also use branded math and english curriculum. Early years education should be learning while playing games, rather than indoctrinating knowledge and taking exam like what my son's previous school does. Now I can see from my son's eyes that he really proud of what he can do in front of his grandpa..
I just attended a curriculum talk organised by the school. It was great!

Hi Sun Xue Jin daddy , how long your kid has been studied in berry tree? Does it include the fee for enrichment classes during day time?
What is the teacher student ratio?

I just called up Berry Tree. The person spoke to me said the ratio for playgroup is 1 to 6. Currently they have 14 and its due to many toddlers have reached 18mths and exited the playgroup class. So I have made an appointment to go visit them tomorrow :)

Hello mummies

pls share your experience on Berry Tree @ Sembawang Mart....had visited the cc recently, looks clean, wide space, tidy....still considering if want to put my son there.....thank u all!!

any mummy at sembwang looking for child care like me?? pls share? thanks.
Hello hello. I am very happy with my son's childcare. It's called Froebel Kindergarten, previously known as Happy Brainy Kidz. It's the single story bungalow at the end of the rows of houses on Sembawang just before it becomes Yishun. Here's what i just posted on sgchildcare.sg

My son loves going to school everyday. He likes it because “I like all my friends” and “the toys are very nice”. From what I have seen, it’s a warm and loving place with a lot of space and toys for play.

I like it because the kids there all seem to be excited about being at school, most of them speak English very well and best of all, my son has learned to eat vegetables! They have an organic vege garden in front which is tended to by a ‘garden aunty’ who has the greenest fingers in Sembawang. The fruit and veg are always in abundance and glistening in the sunlight.

Very importantly, my son has learned to be more courteous, considerate and responsive to routine.

From an academic point of view, I know a few parents who have withdrawn their kids because this school does not believe in forcing drills down the kids and the parents are worried their kids will not be sufficiently prepared or ahead by the time they get to P1. Fair enough. From my perspective as a teacher and a relaxed one, I am super happy they don’t try to force anything down my kid. My kid is excited, he is inspired and he will pick up whatever they teach him because he loves being at school.

He’s only been there since August 2016 but he has made a huge leap in reading. Instead of me reading to him, he can now read to me. His phonics is also strong, thanks also to the PCF kindy he was in before, and he can guess the spelling of new words quite well.

In terms of math, he can add and subtract. For science, they are always doing little experiments which he enjoys and can’t wait to tell me all about.

All in all, I have a kid who is excited about life and excited about learning. What more could I ask for?

Back