A fresh thread looking for JURONG mummys...

mummypooh, actually i never think about how i'm going to pay for his education, it's more of like, hope to have a sum of $ when he's an adult in case of anything. Projected interest rates are between 3.75% to 5.25%. If never use the 1K yearly withdrawal at all, maturity sum is $49K+ at 3.75% and $60K+ at 5.25%. If every year use the 1K, its $21K+ at 3.75% and $26K+ at 5.25%. But premiums for this 25 year plan is flexible, just that i choose to pay 1.7k (sorry, not 1.8K+, got the sum mixed up, haha) per year. Can choose lower premiums, then returns are lower and vice versa....

apple, ya lor..every month not so sim tia. Like income tax like that. Thou can pay at one shot, rather choose GIRO ^^ Wuhahahahahaha!

batbat, the reason why i ended up donating cord blood is because actually, diseases that develop later in life (genetic ones, usually treated with cord blood transplants) are generally not curable with cord blood because it already carries the disease. Also, cord blood is actualy very little. Around 100ml plus?? Might actually not be enough for a proper transplant for anyone weighing more than 40kg or so. Most cord blood receipents have actually a much higher chance of getting a match from the public bank...even if he has a sibling, the chances of a match is only 25% or so. BUT...medically, we are advancing everyday. I've read somewhere that cord blood has the potential to even treat nerve or heart damage. Usually those who choose to bank bb's cord blood in private banks are those of mixed heritage and family history of diseases. I struggled very long before deciding to donate.....If cord blood units are too small, i think the public bank actually discards them or use them for research. But the private bank stores them anyway, since we pay for it right? Thou they may or may not be able to be of any use in future...Finally...i've actually not been able to hear of any doctors who readily recommend to bank cord blood. But this area is pretty unknown. If parents feel there is a need, by all means go ahead...if not, just donate lor.

Mummies,

I juz realised we can claim for parenthood tax rebate, I surf thru iras website. Need to submit doc in order to claim...May I noe wat r d docs needed? Me v blur le, hiaz reali 1st time parent. Haha

Butterwaffles, thx for d info, I will go chk out in details. Btw r u d mummy who order from lengleng?? Coz nw iherb having additional 10% for all bath & beauty prodts. I'm interested to get hand cream coz always do hsework but I had v sensitive skin. Do u have any recomm ?

mummypooh, good morning...need to submit docs meh? I just enter the BC number, haha..but it didnt reduce my husband's income tax by alot leh. Abit nia....For hand cream, i use cheapo vaseline aloe vera & cucumber! Haha, but my friend swears by the Egyptian Magic Cream. I just ordered 2 tubs for her from Leng Leng. Now Leng Leng starting spree for that too....1 tub 118ml for $35 nett. I find the cheapo vaseline nice to use, not greasy after application as my job requires typing. Tried physiogel, cetaphil, nivea but still prefer vaseline's light texture. I have eczema and find rose hip oil very good too, especially for my legs. You can try ah..

Hi, it the Eqyptian Magic Cream good? I like vaseline aloe vera & cucumber as well. Like the light and fresh scent. I used a few tubes of it on my tummy to relieve my PUPPP when I was preggy.

Mummies..

I posted something on our jurong FB.. then the comments appear in my own FB where all my friends, colleagues or work related supplier/vendor/customer can see!!!

How.. I thought it is "private".. sorry huh.. I not very good in FB, log in sometimes to read read friend's updates only...

So how to "de-activate" my comments so that they cannot see?

Hi Bat,
Sure anot??!! Did u go to our group to post?? If u post from your own wall, yur friends will see...

Hi ladies

Is there a group for jurong mummies in FB? Can I join?

Sorry for missing in action for the past few days... mil is away at church camp - that means I need to take leave to take care of baby this whole week. haha... parenting can be a full time job indeed.

How's everyone?
happy.gif

ashwen, i'm not sure good or not wor...I will beg my fren to let me try when her 2 tubs arrived :p If you google it, alot of rave reviews! Leng leng herself uses it, that's why she organises sprees for it. How good it is, i'm not sure. You also use same lotion?! Nice right! I also like the scent, fresh & light
happy.gif
Now i see the word PUPPP my hairs stand. Really hope it won't happen this time.

batbat, i think you can see because you are in the group. Your hubby got FB? My husband logs into FB cannot see anything. Because he is not in the group, haha.

cartier, dark blue stroller ah? What i know is last time when there were only a few babies, they have like 3 to 4 dark blue strollers at the door. For the teachers to use when they bring babies out for walks
happy.gif
The one you saw, i'm not sure belongs to who ah....but to me, no issue already as my boy refuses to be in a stroller for very long liao. He's been so clingy to teacher F recently. Maybe he knows teacher F going on maternity soon...

Bat,
Our group is closed one lei.. should not be able to publicise.. Aiyo.. nw i so scared.. i think i better ask my husband to view my wall...

Butter,
R u referring to the egyptian cream? Its not suit for oily skin yah?

I just sms him to check his FB.
He say didn't see any.
Ask him to try again later.
He worse than me, even more seldom log into FB.

Hi ladies

I just happen to see the FB link above. I've just sent a request to join the group. Am I on the right track? Cos I am not a FB guru...
sad.gif

SmurfyFamily,
<font face="tahoma">dun worry, i intend to change the group to secret group, so only add as friends then can add to this group, so no onw outside the group can view anything</font>

Hi Cutiebb99

Thanks!!! Yes, I am in the group. Right now, I need to synchronize the FB names and the nicks here in my head. haha...
happy.gif

Butterwaffles: I hope this post didn't come too late. I was away from the forum for the past few days... and now trying to do catching up with the reading. Just wanna to say CONGRATS!!!

batbat,
<font face="tahoma"> yes,they cant even search for the group, must be add as friends lst before can add to the group...hee</font>

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Mummypooh / Butterwaffles</font>
Actually if want, u all can order uself via iherb. They got flat $4 shipping provided u dun exceed a certain weight and certain amt of pdts..</font>

cartier, i dont know the egyptian cream suitable for oily skin or not leh. I don't think my friend uses it on her face. On body only i think....she same as me, suffers from eczema ah.

sailor, thanks! Really a surprise but i welcome it....hope to have smooth pregnancy this round!

ILoveMaxMax, i lazy...and no iherb account thou i know can register for it, wuahahaha. It's the shipping lar. Always no one at home only after 7pm, i think hard to wait for packages to arrive. With Leng Leng, i usually get her to courier everything to me at one shot as i buy big big bottles of toiletries for the whole family. Do you regularly buy from iherb?? It has the most reasonable shipping charges compared to drugstore. I find drugstore quite expensive ah.

Hi butterwaffles,

Whats Rose nip oil? Where can I get it? I'm also curious why d eyptian cream le but dun dare to try due to my sensitive skin. Tint becoz I wash my hands many times at hm &amp; plus daily household chores make my hand v sensitive. I'm using Jergens hand cream &amp; Nivea thick cream. Then i can feel my hands moistursed &amp; I always apply many times in d day.keke

Ilovemaxmax
Ya, I tried ordered direct from iherb b4 &amp; d DHL courier fee was Usd 8, though i have d use 5 off, d total cost still higher than lengleng. Coz she has 10 % disc off all purchase plus if order in bulk, d shipping disc is more when there's promo.I wonder is She a VIP member tats y gota disc?

mummypooh, i tried the Trilogy organic rose hip oil sold in bigger Watsons. Now 30% off i think...you can go and see. It's like oil lor, its known to be good for moisturising purposes and improve the appearance of scars. My right upper arm kenna eczema a few months back. After 1 month of faithfully applying rose hip oil twice a day to the scars, faded liao. It's quite good man! My eczema very bad de, always leave my skin with brown patches here and there.

Earn credit card points lor. Or earn from exchange rate. They can put a higher exchange rate mah. Leng Leng earns the points, she is upfront about it. But she only charge us what her credit card charges her. Plus her memory is super good and she's very organised and efficient. And she lives at Sengkang, wuahahahah. So i dont mind buying from her, she's an honest spree organiser
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">butterwaffles, think the spree for your boy shoes close liao right? When did u start let your boy wear shoes huh?

mummypooh, leng leng sell Breastpump too.
happy.gif

Yar I think she is quite good, although eventually I din buy from her. Dun think she earn or earning much.

So all of you at FB now?
</font>

hihihi...

super long din long in.... too many thing happen.... my bb sick... all thanks to my elder kids.... i was still tired almost everything.... i din have the time to start my post natal massage....i was abt finish my 3th month of maternity leave... so sad....

how is everyone doing...

am i'm on the group in Facebook can some one add me?? [email protected]

hi jamie,
how is the part time maid getting on??? sorry keep giving you the wrong information.... hopefully you are able to get a good helper soon....

hi P2me1a,
u still around?? i though u are suppose to pass me some glass bottle, u don accept pm.... do pm me okie... or you can add me in facebook - [email protected]

Hi Apple,

Ya lo, she organize so many sprees. I tint if order directly will be cheaper rite? I remember last time I had difficultly finding medela accessories esp d membrane until I found them at KKH which is so far &amp; inaccessible.

I started to let my boy to wear his 1st pair of shoe when he learning to walk Aka pre walker shoes. Pls dun buy too many shoes coz they outgrown v fast in a few mth time. My boy has such huge feet on d front part, can only buy those shoes w a broad head. Esle I can't "squeeze" in his fat feet. Kaka.

Hi mummies, surfing FB on iphone gives me a headache so haven't been surfing much. MS is kicking in and its terrible. Struggle to wake up every morning. Yesterday puked so hard my boy got frightened and cried, totally inconsolable. Felt so bad to frighten him but i can't help it.

apple, ya the pediped sprees close already but she will take in new batches once the current batches reach singapore safely
happy.gif
You can bookmark the thread if you are keen? But pediped doesnt inform us beforehand whether the sheos are OOS or not. When the shoes reach her friend's place in the US, then we will know ^^ I only started my boy on shoes when he starts to walk, haha. Before that, just socks. You should try looking at Bubblegummers brand, under BATA. Very nice &amp; soft prewalker shoes and cheap too. $19.90 per pair only. No need to buy too expensive shoes for toddlers learning to walk. Now my boy running about so i dont mind investing in pediped. If #2 is a boy, he can wear too....

poshies, how you feeling? Tired right...i kowtow to you for having 3.

batbat, the chinese teacher i always see in the evenings at the centre is actually on loan from another branch. To help out...Tuesday when i fetched my boy, he so poor thing. Cos the teacher had to tend to 4 babies, 3 in rockers, she carrying one, so my boy was left on his own in one corner, crying. When he saw me, he cried so hard and i so heartpain ah. Don't understand what the other part-time teacher is doing. I think till now, they cannot get a full time cleaner is it? So they have to clean up the centres themselves?

<font color="ff6000">Butterwaffles, hope you get better soon. Jia you jia you. I cant use iphone on weekdays. No Camera phone allowed for my work place. So I also dun really or cant really surf FB.

Oh, btw, Cutie, I think I saw ur nick in yahoo abt the RWS scam, hope u can get back ur $$$$
</font>

butterwaffles
On loan?
She taking care of total 5 babies then?
3 in rockers, 1 carrying n another one your son at a corner?
Actually, I think the 2 part time teachers not so good in child minding compare to the main ones.
My girl her cheek/eye accident happened during one of the part time teacher (the older one) was minding them.
Either they are careless, or blur.

My gal had fever for past 2 days. husband had to take 2 days of urgent fever as i attending trainings.

Lately, I saw a chinese woman cleaning. She's goine too or she is a teacher?

Morning sickness... you take care ya. It will be another 2 to 3 mths for this stage.

Apple
Most are in FB chatting.
Cuttie99 say the yahoo reporter anyhow extracted from the thread and quoted her.

Hi all,

long time never log in here.. glad that all of you are still active.

Iam in my 32weeks le.. most probably will give birth on 08/08.. Iam c-sect lo.
My boy still in MFS,already 1 month plus but has sick for 2weeks..."cham". Kinda worry for his health coz he is getting thinner
sad.gif

Mind to add me to FB chat group ? [email protected]

Butterwaffles.. congrats congrats.. MS is real "xin ku". hope you can getting better soon.

Big Hi to Mummies,
Can i join the thread? My boy is 10mths old now and he is currently in a ifc.
Just wondering, has anyone got a
good part time cleaner to recommend? It's just too tiring for us to clean the place ourselves.

<font color="ff6000">Hi Bakaholic, My girl is going 10mths soon. and in inf care too.

I dun have cleaner to recommend. and agree that cleaning is tough.
</font>

Back