2016/07 July babies

Hi, himawari, I had bad food adversion which i can only eat veg, fruit and plain cracker for about a month. No meat!!!
I did notice my hair dropped more before my pregnancy but my hairs also growing. Checked with my gynae yesterday, he said as long as my hairs grow, should be fine. My hair loss is mostly likely becos i could not eat any meat and protein. Not sure for ur case but hope this helps.

Yeah I also cannot take meat for now. How many weeks are you currently?

I don't think there is an pre meet up arrangement. Call PEM, book a CL and the one assigned will turn up on that day you need her. Unless you already know who you want and specify her (and provided she is available). Otherwise it's totally random. But so far all my closed friends booked by recommendation so maybe I'm not totally correct :p

End first trime : some say 13weeks but I go by 14 weeks. I won't tell my family until I hit 14 (my past bfps never crossed more than 13 so it's just my personal benchmark).

Same here. My hubby says we only announce to family and my immediate supervisors on the 14th week.
I read that the risk of miscarriage gets lower with each passing day. The risk is even lower if you can hear the baby's heart beat during gynae checks.
So dont worry! You've already passed the most critical period. You'll be fine.

Hi, himawari, I had bad food adversion which i can only eat veg, fruit and plain cracker for about a month. No meat!!!
I did notice my hair dropped more before my pregnancy but my hairs also growing. Checked with my gynae yesterday, he said as long as my hairs grow, should be fine. My hair loss is mostly likely becos i could not eat any meat and protein. Not sure for ur case but hope this helps.

Thanks for the reassurance.
First time having this hair loss thing on a first trimester although I am not a first time
Mom.We learn new things with each pregnancy.

I top up on protein but have to drink extra fluid as protein makes me bloat and constipated and currently take extra prune juice each morning.

Usually I don't inform friends or anyone till I get my Oscar results and even with that I won't tell the whole wide world either unless they notice the bump .
I am usually very low profile as I know the detailed scan at 20wks usually reveals more of what to come and till that detailed scan is over and baby is ok and usually by then can't hide the fact I am expecting with the bulging tummy then more or else friends will know .

We almost lost our 2nd one during an otherwise perfectly normal natural delivery due to unforeseen sudden circumstances when she was on her way out. If gynae didn't react in time and grab her out in 1min she would have been still born, brain dead or brain damage or any complications.
So we usually won't reveal anything till the day I see my baby after birth and when all the health check and hearing test bla bla is done.
Once bitten twice shy can't afford to have a big announcement sadly.

Thanks KWL. It's really nice to be receiving words of assurance over here.

I know everyone and even every pregnancy is different. My anxiety builds up max especially a day before my gynae visit. My heart tears up with joy every week (so far) whenever I see my bb on the screen. And I surely hope my prayers are heard for a safe pregnancy throughout this time. I have come this far.

Hope everyone is ready of Xmas. Happy feasting and feeding your precious baby with goodies :)

Hi Himawari.

I can understand where you're coming from. And I'm glad things went well for you but it must have been such a stressful moment.

Likewise, it's only very very close people whom I will tell to after first trime. I'm not even gonna post anything in FB (not active anyway). Unfortunately, I can only secretly agree nothing is real until we hold the baby in our arms.

Doing my harmony test today. Next week will be scheduled a NT scan.

Got some samples of milk powder. I hope I can gain some weight from there.

*edited : the staff was so nice to give me two full size tins instead. I hope they taste nice (I remember they don't taste good)

Last edited:
10vs3 - thanks for sharing CL rate. Quite a significant increase.

Redvel - will the harmony results be released quite fast? NT is the nuchal test? Still require that after harmony? Jiayou, don't worry too much first.
I rem the milk powder really tasted not good, but it's slightly better when taken cold. Maybe try that?

Tuna, yes it's the first trimester nuchal test. I didn't ask but it's a valid question. Will ask next week on this. I will know the result in two weeks time. Thanks.

Good idea on adding couple of ice cubes into the milk. Room temp milk in any form sounds irky to me to begin with.

Tuna, yes it's the first trimester nuchal test. I didn't ask but it's a valid question. Will ask next week on this. I will know the result in two weeks time. Thanks.

Good idea on adding couple of ice cubes into the milk. Room temp milk in any form sounds irky to me to begin with.
I thought harmony will replace the NT test. I did the harmony equivalent test and told that I just need to do an additional blood test for HIV etc...

I thought harmony will replace the NT test. I did the harmony equivalent test and told that I just need to do an additional blood test for HIV etc...
Will enquire next week as I'll be seeing him anyway before the NT scan at another clinic. I know he covers all grounds kind so I'll hear his enlightenment.

I'm required to do NT even though I'm going for Panorama. The nurse explained something and I can't remember the details.

My next test after NIPT will be detailed scan. So I would be really curious to know why your gynaes recommended NT....

Same, my evening sickness is worse. Gynae said the word of morning sickness is wrong, evening sickness is more common and worse:(
Same here! I m 12th week now , started to have evening sickness 2 weeks back ... Had OSCAR test at TMC yesterday & realized I lose 0.6 kg within 4 weeks ... -.-|||

I've lost 3kg within 2.5mths but I'm sure we will gain it all back from 2nd trime. I see many preggie friends feed themselves enjoyably from 2nd trime and I'm looking forward to resuming to live to eat.

My doc told me my MS should be gone in another 1-2weeks. Hope so too.

I've lost 3kg within 2.5mths but I'm sure we will gain it all back from 2nd trime. I see many preggie friends feed themselves enjoyably from 2nd trime and I'm looking forward to resuming to live to eat.

My doc told me my MS should be gone in another 1-2weeks. Hope so too.
Wow 3kg is quite a lot...! I can feel the food stuck at my throat everytime I eat something ... :(

Doing my harmony test today. Next week will be scheduled a NT scan.

Got some samples of milk powder. I hope I can gain some weight from there.

*edited : the staff was so nice to give me two full size tins instead. I hope they taste nice (I remember they don't taste good)
May I know how much is ur harmony test? Mine is $1550 before GST.....The test is called panorama prenatal test.

May I know how much is ur harmony test? Mine is $1550 before GST.....The test is called panorama prenatal test.
1200 before GST. It's seems like panorama costs a little more from what I read from most mtbs. Wonder what's the difference, if any.

Found this article on difference between NIPT P and H tests.
ImageUploadedByForum1450871112.702249.jpg

Also it explains the need for NT scan at 12 weeks regardless of NIPT.
ImageUploadedByForum1450871188.079504.jpg

1200 before GST. It's seems like panorama costs a little more from what I read from most mtbs. Wonder what's the difference, if any.
I paid 1.3k for verifi...wonder how is verifi different from the other two.

Thanks for the info above.

Merry Xmas everyone! I had a scare yesterday! I was waiting for my brother to pick me up for my Xmas party and suddenly I feel a very severe cramp. Went to toilet and nth much came out. I was in the toilet for almost 15 mins - 20 mins. The cramp is really indescribable n can be comparable to labour pain. However it subsides after ard 20 mins. I went back to the car but still my tummy feel strange. I decided to go O & G to have a piece of mind. Waited for 1 hr and managed to see the heartbeat and saw the baby. Finally feels better. I dun know why I feel like that but I am really worried. Next appt will be 2 weeks later n hopefully it's going to be ok

Merry Xmas everyone! I had a scare yesterday! I was waiting for my brother to pick me up for my Xmas party and suddenly I feel a very severe cramp. Went to toilet and nth much came out. I was in the toilet for almost 15 mins - 20 mins. The cramp is really indescribable n can be comparable to labour pain. However it subsides after ard 20 mins. I went back to the car but still my tummy feel strange. I decided to go O & G to have a piece of mind. Waited for 1 hr and managed to see the heartbeat and saw the baby. Finally feels better. I dun know why I feel like that but I am really worried. Next appt will be 2 weeks later n hopefully it's going to be ok
Take care and continue to monitor. Have plenty of rest too whenever possible!

Bed rest and more bed rest. Lift your leg up with a pillow and also reduce all walking and moving if possible.
Make arrangement with your gynae as soon as possible.

Merry Xmas.

@verluv, hope your gynae can enlighten why that had happened. Maybe give a call to ask him directly? Rest well meantime.

My gynae is out of town and will only be back in jan. In the meanwhile I juz pray hard that everything is ok. Thanks for the concern and support. :)

Anyway my next appt is on the first week of jan, I will tell my doc then. Actually i have been eating well and putting on weight. Hopefully nth bad will happen.

Just checking do you all continue do household chores during yr 1st trimester? Feeling tired and lazy to move ard for me...thinking of hiring a pt helper

Just checking do you all continue do household chores during yr 1st trimester? Feeling tired and lazy to move ard for me...thinking of hiring a pt helper
My hubby has been doing most household chores now. I'm mostly on bedrest due to continuous spotting issues. Just wash some dishes at times only. Used to be very particular about cleaniness in my house but now i just close one eye...

Dearest mummies, I need your thought for my concern regards with changing gynae... We have went to see gynae twice and today is week 10. The gynae we went has some good reviews based on the comments given on this forum and other forums but some comments are not up to date...

Now, we found him is not so advisable for our comfort... He only advised not to take Chinese medicine and cold drinks... and eat all you can....even coffee, red snapper fish (we found out this fish contains high level of mercury).. he did not advise much most of the time except asking if we have any qns...

recently suffering constipation until last thursday... push a little harder to see two drops of blood from vaginal... after that the CM shows brown color then yellow color...and sometimes brown color until now... Since Friday was holiday we also cant reach doctor... so feel like no way to get help if anything happens....

If we arrange another appointment with new gynae, would too much scanning no good to baby?

I need your advice:(:(:( tqvm

Different docs will have different style and I find finding the right gynae also depends on the 缘, regardless good reviews or not from past patients. And to me personally I feel coffee and red snapper are not "bad" food. I consume them in moderation and I have mummy friends who ate/drank everything during their pregnancy and their babies popped out just fine. I feel your gynae knows what he is doing (if not there would have been much bad reviews about him where mummies/babies have unpleasant side effects from consuming red snapper and caffeine).

But it's surely good for you to change gynae if you no longer feel 100% comfy with your current's. You need to entrust one totally in this whole chapter. Now is a good time since most package starts after 13weeks. Now you're free to change without monetary tie down.

I always feel bleed/spot is never to be taken lightly during pregnancy (yes it's common but it's not always normal). Having the gynae (current or new) addressing the spotting issue outweighs the concern on frequent scanning. Just how I would do if I were in the position.

Hi papalee, I agree with redvel. Some gynaes will tell you that you can eat anything, but in moderation. Mine tells me that, and frankly, I never abstained from any food that I wanted, but that is really a personal choice. If there is something you don't feel comfortable consuming while preggie, it's better that you stay away from that, at least for your peace of mind.
Now, as for changing gynae at this stage, if you already have doubts about the current one, personally I feel it is better to change, not because of the gynae's competency or anything. But rather because you really need to trust your gynae 100%, considering the fact that you will be with him for another 7 mths ante natal, showing him your most vulnerable self during labour, and at least 1-2 mths post-natal, and if you are planning for more babies, it would all the more be a long long journey. Gynae visits are enjoyable because you get to connect with the life in you through listening to the heartbeat each visit, having your gynae assure you that all is going and growing fine etc. However, if you don't have that relationship and trust with your doc, I think it is time to find a new one. My two cents worth: )

I feel that u should go with your instinct. If you dun like this gynae juz change to another that makes you more comfortable

My next appointment with Gynae is 3 weeks away. (Now week 9) I feel it is quite long. ;( is it normal to space out so long?

I've started to drink prenatal milk. Surprisingly it's acceptable (used to dislike) when I have it warm. But must have some crackers to dip in than its easier on my pallet.

Kitty16, I presume it's normal if your case is "normal" too. Your doc would know best what you need.

Dearest mummies, I need your thought for my concern regards with changing gynae... We have went to see gynae twice and today is week 10. The gynae we went has some good reviews based on the comments given on this forum and other forums but some comments are not up to date...

Now, we found him is not so advisable for our comfort... He only advised not to take Chinese medicine and cold drinks... and eat all you can....even coffee, red snapper fish (we found out this fish contains high level of mercury).. he did not advise much most of the time except asking if we have any qns...

recently suffering constipation until last thursday... push a little harder to see two drops of blood from vaginal... after that the CM shows brown color then yellow color...and sometimes brown color until now... Since Friday was holiday we also cant reach doctor... so feel like no way to get help if anything happens....

If we arrange another appointment with new gynae, would too much scanning no good to baby?

I need your advice:(:(:( tqvm

Hi papalee,
If you are not comfortable with the gynae - change. Gynae are experts, they will give their views. Whether we want to adhere to it, it is up to us. It is just us asians who had alot of restrictions. Cannot do this, cannot do that. My #3 pregnancy now, i drink coffee as usual, not excessively, in moderation. I eat as usual just not raw stuff (though I still eat salad) that will jeopardise the baby's health. My gynae is not against chinese medicine, it is just dont self-medicate chinese medicine cos we are ignorant of the ingredients in the self-medication. my last pregnancy, I went to TCM to have chinese medication due to some reasons. I dont have any problem. As for cold drinks, I still drink as and when my body tells me to.
As for frequent scanning, I dont think it is a major issue.
Most important be comfortable with your gynae and you must trust them.

My next appointment with Gynae is 3 weeks away. (Now week 9) I feel it is quite long. ;( is it normal to space out so long?

Hi Kitty16,
Yes it is normal to space out 3 weeks. Usual it is 4 weeks. My guess yours is 3 weeks cos the gynae want to check the baby at week 12 for their checks.

Hi Kitty16,
Yes it is normal to space out 3 weeks. Usual it is 4 weeks. My guess yours is 3 weeks cos the gynae want to check the baby at week 12 for their checks.

for my gynae during the 1st trimester, he will see every 2 weeks. Different gynae works differently i suppose

I told myself I will continue with normal household this pregnancy till I was asked to bedrest n still on bed rest now so just close an eye, hubby will try to help out at times n I know it's hard on him. U can continue with simple chores if everything is fine but take rests in between. Part time helper will be great too if can afford

Papalee
I'm visiting the same gynae for my 2nd pregnancy n I don't rmb she even asked if I have any questions for her when I saw her 8 years ago, didn't advise what to eat or what not to eat either n that's her style. I was quite ignorant that time too. Some food r a big no while some can eat in moderation. It's best to do some research on our own . I think ultrasound scanning has no negative effect so if u really feel uncomfy u may change gynae. For spotting issues u may Wana seek help from another gynae if u can't wait or can't reach ur current gynae, in any case take note there's some tests to be done week11-13 so u may Wana keep ur appointment within if u have not done the test

Back