2016/07 July babies

I want to ask about everyone's views about transabdominal vs transvaginal scans.

My scan at first appointment (wk 6) was done using transvaginal scan.
The scan at second appointment (wk 10) was initially done using transabdominal scan initially, but later changed to transvaginal scan for clearer imaging.
My third appointment will be at about wk 15-16. Should i continue to opt for transvaginal scan?

I dont want to incur twice the charges again! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure by week15 an abdominal scan would suffice. My weekly scan from 4weeks were transvaginal till I hit about 9 weeks and it has been abdominal since.

I'm pretty sure by week15 an abdominal scan would suffice. My weekly scan from 4weeks were transvaginal till I hit about 9 weeks and it has been abdominal since.

Understand. I could also see the rough form of baby on the ab scan at week 10. But i could see very clear images of baby moving, waving and even dancing using the transvaginal scan. I think i will just opt for that scan henceforth hahaha.

At week10ish I could see very clear dancing of my bb by abdominal. By your week15 it will be a true showtime for you :)

I can see mine dancing at week 11. That was when I went o&g last week during Xmas eve. I dun really like transvaginal coz its a bit uncomfortable for me.

@papalee my gyne also didn't give me a list of things not to eat. She just said raw food don't eat. The rest eat in moderation all no problem one.

And so far I've indeed been eating as per normal, it's less stressful this way! I heard of a friend's friend who will check google before she eats anything just to check if it's ok. I find that too stressful!

Happy mummy, happy baby! ;)

@papalee my gyne also didn't give me a list of things not to eat. She just said raw food don't eat. The rest eat in moderation all no problem one.

And so far I've indeed been eating as per normal, it's less stressful this way! I heard of a friend's friend who will check google before she eats anything just to check if it's ok. I find that too stressful!

Happy mummy, happy baby! ;)

I totally agree! Like that eat also not happy. No sashimi and not fully cooked food for me too. The rest in moderation :D

Like to hear updates from mtbs here on your MS. Have they gone away for good? Is your food aversions gone too?

I'm 12wks ish and still feeling energy drained and feel sick in the stomach when I smell or eat food that I don't really crave for (can't always find the food i only want to eat at the moment). If I eat a full meal, I would still feel super bloated and so uncomfy the whole day with queasiness and reflux.

Pardon for the early rant but I'm just really counting the days for these symptoms to go away.

Like to hear updates from mtbs here on your MS. Have they gone away for good? Is your food aversions gone too?

I'm 12wks ish and still feeling energy drained and feel sick in the stomach when I smell or eat food that I don't really crave for (can't always find the food i only want to eat at the moment). If I eat a full meal, I would still feel super bloated and so uncomfy the whole day with queasiness and reflux.

Pardon for the early rant but I'm just really counting the days for these symptoms to go away.
Same here. Mine is gastric discomfort/pain for weeks already. Even on antacid only can help.to relieve for one to two hrs. Sleepless nights including frequent urination. Really affect my work performance. My superior said I looked tired and pale. I have not.informed them about my pregnancy. And the thought of doing Overtime twice a week is a must, make.me more tiring. Even if I informed.them I dun.Think they will reduce my.OT as work.place is short.of staffs. Haiz. Feeling.stress.

Hello, I'm currently 10 weeks going onto 11... My morning sickness went away at around 8 to 9 weeks, but came back with a vengeance this week :/ hopefully it will be gone by the time 2nd trimester rolls around!

Redvel - same for me. Tolerance for smells is still very very low. I've resorted to breathing through my mouth most of the time as environmental smells and that from persons standing near (perfume, cigarette, BO, perspiration etc) will set me gagging. I am more normal in the morning, so I try to eat a little more for breakfast, like a sandwich or some fried bee hoon). Come noon to night time, I'm completely useless. Still popping the anti-vomiting pills before leaving work so I won't puke on the journey home. I try to drink just some soup for dinner. The other night, I tried a tiny bowl of bovril soup with some veg thrown inside for some nutrients, haha! Lunch is usually also some boiled soup, or a bit of green leafy veg from those economy rice stalls. Full meals are a no-no.
Let's draw strength from one another here, and that the nausea and hyper-sensitivity to smells will be gone in a few weeks.
Oh, I just put on more makeup to counteract the paleness. At least it makes me happier: )
Jiayou to all mummies! I tell myself each passing day means a higher stability for the pregnancy. 7 more mths to see our precious, yay!

Thank you everyone for sharing. I feel better now that I'm not alone and normal (sorry obviously at all your expense haa).

I keep telling my man I'm sorry on some days that I feel crappy and go to bed by 8pm... I feel I can't focus on him as much now but myself (after all we are so used to having just us both for so many years). And when bb pops, he literally doesn't exist (just kidding). Of course he says don't be silly.

Yeah we need to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel...

Anyone planning for baby moon in 2nd trime? (Change to happier topic).

Thank you everyone for sharing. I feel better now that I'm not alone and normal (sorry obviously at all your expense haa).

I keep telling my man I'm sorry on some days that I feel crappy and go to bed by 8pm... I feel I can't focus on him as much now but myself (after all we are so used to having just us both for so many years). And when bb pops, he literally doesn't exist (just kidding). Of course he says don't be silly.

Me! I am going away in late Jan period :) Looking forward. But its not a baby moon, is a vacation with friends that was pre-planned before my pregnancy. I hope all you ladies are doing better now, end of 1st trime is coming for us! :)

I think a babymoon far or near is perfect since the trip might be the last for a loooong time.

We travel few x a year and hope to do one in 2016 before God knows when again. Yes Phuket will be perfect since we both love it and basically do nothing but sun sand eat. Food wise, just skip street food but proper shop/cafe and that'll be fine.

Hello mommies, will MS only appear during week 5-6? I feel slightly better as compared to my week 6 like I can eat slightly more types of food. Still will feel nauseated at times though after eating.

I heard that week 8-10 usually is the peak so I'm not sure is it coming soon or will be like that on and off nauseated throughout first trimester.

Currently I'm at week 8, 2 days.

I'm suffering MS like whole day since 3 days ago. Puke day and night. Heartburn kicks in as well.12 weeks and counting. Hope it will be better soon. :(

Hello mommies, will MS only appear during week 5-6? I feel slightly better as compared to my week 6 like I can eat slightly more types of food. Still will feel nauseated at times though after eating.

I heard that week 8-10 usually is the peak so I'm not sure is it coming soon or will be like that on and off nauseated throughout first trimester.

Currently I'm at week 8, 2 days.

I think to each of her own, every pregnant mum would have diff symptoms to diff degree. For 1st pregnancy I only feel lethargic, no ms symptoms at all.I'm now at week 12 plus , nvr vomited. Think week 5 onwards will have this uncomfy queasy like feeling ard my stomach abt every 2 hr, or when I'm about to go hungry. After eating will be better no nauseated feeling. Feeling much better frm week 9 onwards. I can't eat too full if not bloated feeling thereafter. Will feel hungry but no craving for certain food basically just eat for the sake of bb now.
Just to try to eat more if u r feeling better but not full meals of coz, it will be over soon

I can see mine dancing at week 11. That was when I went o&g last week during Xmas eve. I dun really like transvaginal coz its a bit uncomfortable for me.

Hi verluv,
I saw mine dancing today too.
Did my harmony test today so result will be back in 2 weeks time. Finger crossed that everything will be fine....

Redvel, me me!!
My hubby and I are planning to go Australia next Mar.
I wanted to bring my boy too, but hub said no coz could be too taxing on me plus he need time to adjust to his new school.

Are you heading anywhere?

Redvel, me me!!
I wanted to bring my boy too, but hub said no coz could be too taxing on me plus he need time to adjust to his new school.

I m also thinking of Perth next March but will bring my daughter....
We cancel our japan hols in December coz hubby think unsafe for me to travel in first trimester....wasted 3 air tix....

Redvel, me me!!

Good to hear many of you have plans for the great 2016.

Actually my man is quite skeptical about flying/traveling during bfp. The last bfp didn't end in good note after we travelled but then it was blighted ovum which I think it wasn't viable to begin with (gynae did say it didn't look good during first scan, before our travel). So it will take a bit of convincing for this round babymoon. We want minimal walking so I feel Phuket is our perfect getaway. A private resort that takes us to a private beach so not much walking.

Did the nuchal scan and blood test today. Neck width was good, and nasal bone was prominent, so doc said once blood tests results return and there's no indication of anything, there's no need for further tests despite my age grp. I think SGH doesn't offer harmony or paranoma tests, any further tests would prob be amnio.
Anyone found out the gender of your bb yet? My friend knew abt hers when she was 11 weeks and it was just through the normal ultrasound scan.

Thanks Ocean. I just assumed that because he said don't need any test the several times I asked over different occasions, and he's never elaborated about the different options. I suppose SGH only does harmony if nuchal results are not sufficient to derive conclusive results.

Tuna, may I ask if your gf is carrying a boy? Can detect that early must be due to a micro birdy spotted on the screen hee.

I will know the gender in a week's time. That's when I will know my harmony result. Btw, those whom had done it before, is the report sent to the gynae or it will be mailed to your home? Btw, sometime ago I mentioned about Thalassemia. I have 3 sisters whom 2 are minor carrier. Mine and hubby's BT results are out and we are both cleared. It's a relief (not worrying about bb being a minor; but if us both are minor then the chance of bb being a major is high).

Tuna, your test result sounds awesome. That deserves a little celebration already. My NT scan is this Sat.

I m also thinking of Perth next March but will bring my daughter....
We cancel our japan hols in December coz hubby think unsafe for me to travel in first trimester....wasted 3 air tix....

My hub also don't think it's safe to travel during 1st trimester.
By right we are supposed to go Taiwan yesterday, but hub thinks better to cancel, but lucky for me, I haven't gotten the tickets.

How to combat fatigue?

I'm so tired throughout the day. Just barely 2 hour in office n I'm already so sleepy. What do you all do to maintain your energy?

Tuna, may I ask if your gf is carrying a boy? Can detect that early must be due to a micro birdy spotted on the screen hee.

I will know the gender in a week's time. That's when I will know my harmony result. Btw, those whom had done it before, is the report sent to the gynae or it will be mailed to your home? Btw, sometime ago I mentioned about Thalassemia. I have 3 sisters whom 2 are minor carrier. Mine and hubby's BT results are out and we are both cleared. It's a relief (not worrying about bb being a minor; but if us both are minor then the chance of bb being a major is high).

Tuna, your test result sounds awesome. That deserves a little celebration already. My NT scan is this Sat.
My report was sent to the gynae and the nurse informed me through a phone call.

Anyone's bump showing and getting speculations about possible pregnancy?

My tummy is still not very prominent, though i have put on about 2-3kg. My immediate family members didn't spot anything unusual cos i am still eating and behaving normally in the same manner before pregnancy. In the office, my frequency of toilet trips are just about normal. Also I didn't take any MC during the first trimester too.

Nonetheless, someone in the office still speculated that i am possibly pregnant because i am wearing loose clothes. hahahahaha....

How to combat fatigue?

I'm so tired throughout the day. Just barely 2 hour in office n I'm already so sleepy. What do you all do to maintain your energy?

I tried to take sour stuff and portion my meals so i don't get tired or sleepy after that. But the min i reached home, i will try to nap like 30-45 mins, while my hub handle my boy.

Last edited:
My bump is already showing and today I went back office to pick up few stuff and met up with my teammates whom have been speculating that I'm preggie since I'm away whole 2months ish from office. I think today they saw me and no more speculation heh.

As for friends and some family members, they do not know yet.

Used to drink 2L of water daily but now I can't take much of plain water too. I've been taking some lime juice and fruit juices to replenish the fluid. Plain water seems to be only possible when I pop pills.

anyone having problem drinking water? i can't take much water, sometimes just a sips also make me feel uncomfortable.

Try hot or warm water? It taste better than room temperature water. Smoother on your throat.
Insufficient water will lead to water retention. So please do water parade whenever possible hahahaha....

I Am done with my 12wks scan too.hopefully all is well. Although we have done this several times but with every baby we still feel anxious.
As expected my vein was too small for the blood test and I was poked twice as one failed to get enough blood. Bummers.

I saw the average neck width and nasal bone so I am at ease (for now). I'll know by tomorrow hopefully.

Wishing all that whatever test you did and will be doing will turn out favorable .

Nausea is gone but frequent urinating and flatulence and oh gosh the dreadful aching back is back!

Try hot or warm water? It taste better than room temperature water. Smoother on your throat.
Insufficient water will lead to water retention. So please do water parade whenever possible hahahaha....

I tried both hot and warm, not quite okay for me. But like what you said, i'm trying my very best to drink water. otherwise the whole body feels very dehydrated too

Mummies, when does your nausea start to subside? I'm week 10 and it's getting worse. Was only throwing up gastric juice and water since week 7 but started throwing up food a few days back! Luckily I'm clearing leave now but wonder how to cope if the sickness comes during working hours... sigh.

Redvel - yup, microbirdy spotted during my gf's scan :) Congrats on your BT results, certainly a relief. Happy for you! I'm thankful for my results too.
My bump is really prominent, maybe it's number 3 or i could just be really bloated. Tryimg very hard to hide my bump under layered tops and a jacket at work.
I drink ice water all the time, lots and lots of ice in my glass, can't really take room temp water. Best is sprite or 7-up with salt. Yum!
Anyone can feel any fetal movements yet? I know we normally start feeling from around wk 18, but what i feel coincides with the noise level. The noisier it is outside, the more action i feel. I really dont know whether it's just gas. Watched Ip Man and there was so much "bubbling" inside I had to slouch to get comfortable. Can anyone share?

Hell0panda - do make sure you have plastic bags around. Sorry, don't mean to sound discouraging, but it's necessary so you have something to puke into. I have plastic bags in my pockets, bags. Whenever the feeling comes, I whip one out, even if it means I'm puking while sitting in my workstation. see if your gynae can give you anti-vomiting pills to help you.

I think for first time mtb it won't be so soon (1st trime) to feel bb movement? So nice you're feeling it already Tuna. I wonder how if feels...

Just took my plunge and called PEM because I'm hoping I can get my chosen CL. I did ask PEM if I'm too early, she says no. The CL ends her assignment in June so if I I'm not too far off from my EDD, I will have chance to get her. I hope. The consultant will drop by my place next week.

Anyone booked one yet?

@redvel, I had booked mine. I called up a few and all taken and to think I thought I was early....we have forgotten that there are some mummies giving birth in June and confinement will stretch into July and some extended the engagement of the confinement lady by a few weeks.

Hello fellow mummies!

I just went for my first appt today. Saw the baby for the first time, 9w3d. EDD 31 Jul.
First time mummy so hope to learn more from fellow mummies :)

MS has been worse these few days, sometimes can't figure if I'm hungry of full... Can't seem to take the taste of meat like pork and beef nowadays.. Food without too heavy sauces and carbos seem to work better for me...

@bbq98, indeed their assignment start/end dates are really subject to changes. I've given PEM my 2nd choice of CL. Also not sure at this point if she will be available. Have to play by ear then.

@fishie, congrats! Spread your meals into smaller ones and eat whatever you fancy as MS does get worse when we eat "undesirable" food.

@tuna yup I've prepared some plastic bags in my bag but my colleagues are not aware of my pregnancy yet hence I'll try not to vomit in front of them where possible..

@redvel I'm thinking of using PEM too but will not be choosing the lady.

@fishiefish same same. I stopped taking meat for days already because they look and taste horrible when they end up in the toilet bowl. Can't wait for ms to end man. I dare not go out on xmas eve and new year eve because of ms. Haven't been visiting my parents n parents in law for a mth cus I don't feel good n they stay very far away.

Back