2016/07 July babies

Haha I've enough of pee in a cup. Try it out and let us know what you got? :)

I did for fun the Chinese calendar prediction. We'll see in time to come.

I tried the chinese one for fun too. Getting mixed signals. Some tests tell me girl. Some tests tell me boy.

tuna, that Sprite with salted lemon sounds fantastic. Do you mind to take a pic to share how it looks like? I may like to try (I will try anything to make myself feel a little happier). Thanks.

And I need to start to look for looser clothes. I've stopped working for now but returning end Jan. My work clothes are all not loose kind so shopping needs to be done soon. Now on days I need to go out, I keep reaching for the same 3-4 pcs of baggy casual dresses. Even those shorts I wear at home are getting too tight at the waist band.

I thought shortage of breath only comes later part. Didn't know it can happen at first trime. I guess you can try to talk slower hee @mamarainbow

For those who popped before, did you manage to ever get back to your prepreg weight? I do keep myself in shape and I wonder if I can really upkeep that after delivery.

Redvel - I can't seem to attach the pic, sent u a pm instead.
I find that breastfeeding really helped me lose all the extra wt, and a bit more. Plus the busying around with a newborn really left me with little time to stuff my face no matter how hungry I was. So it was not much of an issue going back to pre-preg size for me.

Mummies - can u all share what shampoo and body wash you all are using? Sorry to be obsessed abt this topic, but this time round, even the fragrance-free kind I can't stand. Somehow, I still can smell something, this no fragrance smell which makes me queasy. So bothered by it. Now I'm just shopping around in the hopes of finding a smell I can tolerate.

Forgot to ask something - mummies having no. 3 or more - does ur tummy feel a lot bigger than the first 2 times? I'm at wk 9 and I hv difficulties feeling comfy in my bottoms already? The waistband seems to be cutting into the tummy area and it is seriously impossible to wear bottoms. I am digging desperately for my old maternity bottoms now. Is this normal to start ballooning so early? I wore normal clothes till almost 6 mths for my first two.
Me! And am only week 5, super bloated. wearing loose dresses now for work

I find that breastfeeding really helped me lose all the extra wt, and a bit more. Plus the busying around with a newborn really left me with little time to stuff my face no matter how hungry I was. So it was not much of an issue going back to pre-preg size for me.

Mummies - can u all share what shampoo and body wash you all are using? Sorry to be obsessed abt this topic, but this time round, even the fragrance-free kind I can't stand. Somehow, I still can smell something, this no fragrance smell which makes me queasy. So bothered by it. Now I'm just shopping around in the hopes of finding a smell I can tolerate.

Same here! I was so put off my own own shampoo smell n made me so sick. I switched to another n made me even worse! Now I'm using centaphil (no smell) and So far I'm ok with neutrogena rain bath smell. As for shampoo I still can't find;( I tend to have dandruff prob so I still have to use the few brands I'm suited for.

Does any mummies have morning sickness from day to night? Feeling crappy the whole day :(
morning when wake up immediately nauseous is there till sleeping at night....

any mummies can add me to the facebook group? I check in facebook often thus its easier for me to follow up....

My email is [email protected]

Thanks!

Same here. All food tasteless to me.

I dun know I should feel envy or what. I think for this preg, my ma is lesser. So that means I'm eating well = I'm putting on more weight. My last spot was at week 6 and my next appt is at week 12. A bit sian coz can't see my bb soon. But I also scare to weigh myself at the gynae clinic.. Haha living in a state of denial!

I managed to lose the weight or more with each child. (Mom of three ) AS I am always on the go and with three there's no such thing as seating down and looking comfortable.

For now I lost half a kg due to drop of appetite or more of a liquid appetite like cereal oats,milo,soup and plain bread . I count 12 weeks as my 2nd trimester as my last 3 gestation didn't last till 38.5 weeks.

Oh the bloatedness is really killing me although my ms has subsided now that I enter wk10.(thank god). 2 more wks to fully regain control of my household life.

I dun know I should feel envy or what. I think for this preg, my ma is lesser. So that means I'm eating well = I'm putting on more weight. My last spot was at week 6 and my next appt is at week 12. A bit sian coz can't see my bb soon. But I also scare to weigh myself at the gynae clinic.. Haha living in a state of denial!
Hi do you mean you have to wait 6 weeks for your 2nd appt? That's like very long. Mine is weekly for first trime but of course it's due to me being in high risk group.

My first appointment is at 6weeks, next coming soon at 10 weeks. I find the wait so long! Cannot wait to see my baby again!

Hi do you mean you have to wait 6 weeks for your 2nd appt? That's like very long. Mine is weekly for first trime but of course it's due to me being in high risk group.
YouRs is weekly? Mine is every two weeks...but 2 weeks to see the little one is like very long! Next appt is 30/12 for my harmony test

YouRs is weekly? Mine is every two weeks...but 2 weeks to see the little one is like very long! Next appt is 30/12 for my harmony test
I think those lucky ladies whom have appts spread far apart means your doc has confidence which is a good thing.

I haven't even hit 10weeks and I've already seen my gynae 6x. To be honest, every visit I'm very wary because of my past non viable bfps. At the same time, my gynae always has the right words to say to me where I feel comfort each time. He always tells me every week is a bonus and he will pray for me (my other bfps were with other gynaes though).

Adeqi - I feel comforted that I'm not the only one then, haha. I've had to buy new bras 2 wks ago, and it's not becos what matters is that getting bigger, it is just that my girth got wider and my old bras felt like they r cutting off my air supply.

Verluv - Oh, to be able to enjoy food like you, super envious, esp during this season of buffets, gorging, feasting with family. I guess maybe try to eat healthy food when u can, as in don't take stuff which r high in sugar or oil or nitrates too often, other times, just indulge in whatever u feel like it: ) hopefully can keep the wt gain within ur ideal this way.

Kitty - thanks for sharing. I dug out my bottle of Cetaphil which I chucked to the back of my cabinet some time back because it was too boring and has no scent (so ironic!). Seems OK with my evening shower.

I think those lucky ladies whom have appts spread far apart means your doc has confidence which is a good thing.

I haven't even hit 10weeks and I've already seen my gynae 6x. To be honest, every visit I'm very wary because of my past non viable bfps. At the same time, my gynae always has the right words to say to me where I feel comfort each time. He always tells me every week is a bonus and he will pray for me (my other bfps were with other gynaes though).

You have a nice gynae. Keep the faith, everything is fine. For my first pregnancy, I was also seeing my doc almost every week, jab every week in first trimester coz of bleeding issues. End of day, hugging the precious baby is all that matters.

Just to share, I called one infant care... Asking about enrollment next year and the fees is shocking..$2100/month !

You have a nice gynae. Keep the faith, everything is fine. For my first pregnancy, I was also seeing my doc almost every week, jab every week in first trimester coz of bleeding issues. End of day, hugging the precious baby is all that matters.

Just to share, I called one infant care... Asking about enrollment next year and the fees is shocking..$2100/month !

2100! Gosh! But after govt subsidy ? I heard there is a subsidy for working mummies.

Ya, still very substantial. I haven even begun to think about it, but my parents n in laws are definitely too old to take care. My option would be nanny or infant care. Likely infant care too.

Just to clarify, if your household income is more than $7.5k, working mum will not get additional subsidy right?

My first appointment is at 6weeks, next coming soon at 10 weeks. I find the wait so long! Cannot wait to see my baby again!

Haha! I feel you! Yesterday I had my appointment and finally saw my sac and small fetus, then was schedule to go back on mid January which is a month later.

The wait seems long but hey, let's not count the days and very soon you will be able to see a bigger baby again!

Ya, still very substantial. I haven even begun to think about it, but my parents n in laws are definitely too old to take care. My option would be nanny or infant care. Likely infant care too.

Can use CDA account to pay? Working mom should have subsidy. For childcare is $300 full-day/month. Not sure it's the same for infant care, do call and find out more as infant care costs more than childcare because of teacher-child ratio :)

Just to clarify, if your household income is more than $7.5k, working mum will not get additional subsidy right?

If I'm not wrong, additional income is for a family. If your household income is under $7.5k, you can seek for additional subsidy. This means additional money excluding working Mother subsidy.

If your household income is more than $7.5k, then you can get only the working mother subsidy which is the $150 or $300 (if no complications)..

Thank you. I count my blessing as it comes each day.

Me and my man haven't discuss about it before but likely either my mil quits her job to take care at infant stage or maybe my ail will do the job since she is full time housewife who stays in the same block as my mil.

Ideally I hope I don't have to send my bb to infant care but sometimes is really no choice.

Last weekend, my husband and I discussed about Oscar and harmony tests. We both agreed to keep the baby regardless of his/ her condition. We were also saying that if u detect any abnormalities, u will tend to be worried and depressed, which will affect baby too. So we decided not to go for any of these tests.

Last weekend, my husband and I discussed about Oscar and harmony tests. We both agreed to keep the baby regardless of his/ her condition. We were also saying that if u detect any abnormalities, u will tend to be worried and depressed, which will affect baby too. So we decided not to go for any of these tests.

Yesterday the nurse showed me the phamplets for these tests. Don't know which one to go for.. Both looks pretty similar?

Supposedly 9 weeks based on last menstrual date. I noticed my likes and donts is also linked to my husband's. He does not eat tau pok last time and will give it to me. Now the texture and taste puts me off. Haha. There are other similar instances too. Anyone noticed that ur preferred food is also affected by the baby's daddy likes and donts
my baby seems to like all of the food that daddy likes (and mummy doesn't like!) i have been eating a lot of fried rice, fried noodles, instant noodles! things that i normally don't eat at all. grrr..

Reactions: KWL
Will you or did you eat instant noodles during pregnancy? I have craving for the korean ones.
i had super craving for instant noodles at 1am last night. my husband went out to buy so i cooked and ate the whole packet haha i normally hate instant noodles. don't know why my baby likes all these unhealthy food. must be from the father :p

Yesterday the nurse showed me the phamplets for these tests. Don't know which one to go for.. Both looks pretty similar?
I think there were some discussion on the differences in previous posts. From what i recalled, it seems like OSCAR is cheaper but less accurate (90%); whereas HARMONY is at least twice the price with higher degree of accuracy (99%). Someone also mentioned that their friends who chose to do OSCAR, ended up doing both OSCAR and HARMONY when the OSCAR test didn't provide clear answers.

I think there were some discussion on the differences in previous posts. From what i recalled, it seems like OSCAR is cheaper but less accurate (90%); whereas HARMONY is at least twice the price with higher degree of accuracy (99%). Someone also mentioned that their friends who chose to do OSCAR, ended up doing both OSCAR and HARMONY when the OSCAR test didn't provide clear answers.

Oh thank you! Usually people will go for OSCAR because it's cheaper then HARMONY if the results reveal something ambiguous? Such a big difference in price...

Oh thank you! Usually people will go for OSCAR because it's cheaper then HARMONY if the results reveal something ambiguous? Such a big difference in price...
I think if oscar result is not good, usually will go amnio or CVS since these tests the results is 99.9% accurate

For mummies like me more than 35 guess will go harmony since Oscar may give false positive due to age

Is OSCAR test necessary? We just back from clinic and we can hear baby heart beat!!! It is 180 heartbeat rate at 8 weeks, is it very high? Gynae said it is normal.

To go for OSCAR or not (or any down syndrome test) is really a personal choice. I think this has to be discussed with your partner.
For us, we are very sure we need to know.

Likely next Wed go for Harmony test as per gynae just now. Will be 11w ish then.

My weekly visit is 180ish to 200ish depending on my supplements. Comes with weekly jab too.

Ha ha I dun think my gynae has confident with me. It's juz that he is oversea at the end of dec

My gynae is away on end of Dec too. But if he's not confident, he could have pass you to his colly for follow up. Have faith! He is confident that you'll be okay till the next visit :)

my baby seems to like all of the food that daddy likes (and mummy doesn't like!) i have been eating a lot of fried rice, fried noodles, instant noodles! things that i normally don't eat at all. grrr..

Hahaha yah that is very true! I don't really fancy wanton mee but during my first child I keep wanting to eat wanton mee and its because that my hubby fav food. Apprently the little one follows daddy appetite... all the food that I love....I totally don't like it anymore...

My first visit is $200+, second was $170+. Mine doesn't come with any package so I guess my visit will be around this price..
Mine is 160 every time excluding additional test and supplement. My gynae chop chop kind and I can be in and out within 5 mins.

Mine is 160 every time excluding additional test and supplement. My gynae chop chop kind and I can be in and out within 5 mins.

I think it's around that price. Both times I had a scan so came back with a picture ;) mine is also very fast, I'm okay with it as both my husband and I feel that our OB is very confident and knows what he is advising.

I didn't ask for any vitamins as OB says folic acid is sufficient for now. Only requested for anti nausea pills so was given a month's supply till my next appt :)

I think if oscar result is not good, usually will go amnio or CVS since these tests the results is 99.9% accurate

For mummies like me more than 35 guess will go harmony since Oscar may give false positive due to age

Eh I just realised my clinic nurse only gave me OSCAR and panorama prenatal screening. No harmony. Have you heard of that panorama?

So interesting can tell the gender of the baby too!

Paranoma and Harmony are the same type of test. It's just a "brand" name. Singapore is also coming out with their own NIPT (non invasive prenatal test). All these are considered NIPT. Some day, these may phase out OSCAR. But due to cost, it won't be so very soon. When NIPT first started, it was SGD3k ish. Now it has dropped to 1.2k. In time to come, it will be more affordable and that's when OSCAR may no longer be needed. This happens to be shared by my gynae this morning.

My gynae on the other hand is not chop chop kind. He got many stories to tell. Haa.

Yup. According to my bil, OSCAR shows you the readings of a normal child and then the readings of your child, so it is inconclusive as to whether your child is normal or not and its less accurate than Harmony. And for them, my nephew failed one component then, and they had to go through 2 weeks of needless worry cause they ended up with Harmony and had to wait for the results to be out. Hence, my bil told my hubby to just go for Harmony.

I thought I am the only one sensitive to shower foam smell. I even forced my hubby to use my daughter's shower foam coz that is the only smell I can take now.

@tuna As someone has shared, OSCAR is done around 12weeks. It comprises of a blood test and a scan. Both results are combined to give a final OSCAR result that comes in a ratio number. In nutshell, it tests for Down syndrome PROBABILITY.

I stress the word probability because that's something I don't like about OSCAR. To me, it can be ambiguous to a certain extend (Google and you can find so many couples posting their OSCAR results in forums to ask if their numbers are healthy, risk-free, etc). I find the result format leaves many couples worried unnecessarily.

Any MTBS can opt for OSCAR but I find its best suited for those who are in the low risk group (aka younger, etc) because OSCAR takes into your age number to calculate its risk.

Since me lao charbor, I prefer Harmony test that reflects result in a more "humane" way. Ha. Result will come out as an absolute Low or High risk and to me that's a clearer answer, rather than a ratio which leaves too much for imagination.
I totally agree with you. I had a 2 weeks scare during my first pregnancy due to unfavourable OSCAR results.. and undue stress...so glad that there is much more choices in terms of non invasive tests now.

Back