(2015/6) June 2015 Mummies

Hello! thank you all for sharing the info :). I am doing mine next monday. Nt mentally prepared yet!

By the way, does any of you feel any straining at lower ab? It is somewhat similar to very mild period cramp. Gynae reassured me that it is normal as long as I have no spotting. I am at week 11 and I feel the strain a few times a week. Hope to hear more from you all.

Hello! thank you all for sharing the info :). I am doing mine next monday. Nt mentally prepared yet!

By the way, does any of you feel any straining at lower ab? It is somewhat similar to very mild period cramp. Gynae reassured me that it is normal as long as I have no spotting. I am at week 11 and I feel the strain a few times a week. Hope to hear more from you all.
Hope ur scan will go smoothly! Yes I also feel the straining at times.

Btw also feeling some pain in cervix area occasionally. Is this normal or need to bring up to doctor? Cuz will be seeing him soon....

At week 11 i do experienced the cramps as well.. mine was throughout the day.. but short instances of like probably 1 min each time.. the wave will come at no fixed time throughout the day.. my other fren also.. but as long no bleeding is fine.. i m at my 14th week le..

@hi_mei, me too!! I do feel pain at cervix area is not an everyday thing but is as and when, but once the pain comes i will feel pain a few times a day.. I didn't check with gynae though..

Re pain.. I had a bad cramp last week. Walked pain, sat down oso pain. So I went walk in at kkh and insisted an ultrasound as they dun do ultrasound unless bleeding.

Ended up I had uti even though I din feel any burning sensation when I pee. Asked my gynae ytd, he said when we are pregnant, our symptoms for uti are different and its a good thing that I found out it's uti cramp not due to baby.

Am drowning myself with cranberry juices now. HTH!

I had slight trigger near the cervix too but lasted for few seconds.

Unfortunately past few days ive been suffering from backaches whenever i woke up from sleep next morning. Had trouble positioning myself at sleep too.

Only 14 weeks now. Anyone experiencing the same? My next appt end of this month. Should i go in earlier?

A little paranoid. Been reading on missed miscarriages during 2nd tri and it really freaks me out.

Unfortunately past few days ive been suffering from backaches whenever i woke up from sleep next morning. Had trouble positioning myself at sleep too.

Only 14 weeks now. Anyone experiencing the same? My next appt end of this month. Should i go in earlier?

A little paranoid. Been reading on missed miscarriages during 2nd tri and it really freaks me out.
Your baby shd be fine. Don't read that thread anymore! I got backaches also, tried to sleep on my side and it is better...

Your baby shd be fine. Don't read that thread anymore! I got backaches also, tried to sleep on my side and it is better...
Ive experienced losses (several ectopics) hence the paranoia.

You're right. I should stop reading those thread.

Thanks hi_mei

Hi all. I'm currently seeing a Gynae at My E but she doesn't do delivery of babies. We are frantically looking for someone whom we can trust after my harmony and nt scan this coming Friday. Would like to have a female Gynae if possible. Does any of the mummies here have anyone that you can recommend please? Thanks much in advanced!

I have problem finding the right position to sleep. I cant keep my leg close and have to put a bloaster in between. More confortable when I sleep side way but my leg and hips gotten numb after a while.

I am also having backache... put a pillow behind when you seat on the office chair.. it helps...

some of my friends are commenting why having backache while the bump is not big... I also don't know...

btw, how is everyone's baby bump?? getting obvious?

For me, i often feel a sharp pain either on the right or left side ...i asked gynae n she said most prob ligament stretching n as long no bleeding is ok...

Dont worry so much though i had one mc earlier on n sometimes will worry haa...but i just tell myself ok second trim liao!! More or less safe side now :) backaches common as long no bleeding n cramping that's worse than menses cramp :)
Hi all. I'm currently seeing a Gynae at My E but she doesn't do delivery of babies. We are frantically looking for someone whom we can trust after my harmony and nt scan this coming Friday. Would like to have a female Gynae if possible. Does any of the mummies here have anyone that you can recommend please? Thanks much in advanced!
I m seeing dr w.k tan in thomson...she is very experienced n gentle though she dun chit chat much hee..u might want to consider? :)

@lovelymoments me too....i toss n turn right to left, left to right, to center every night haa...but articles show that sleeping on left helps promote blood circulation to baby...though at the moment might not be a lot of difference since our bump is still v small....
@pinkylove my bump is not v obvious...looks more like my own tummy ! Hahaa...but my hubby feels that it is more pointed...n insisted is a bump....i had a gathering recently n no one asked me if i m preggy! Haa...so i guess not as obvious? But i cant wait to feel baby kicking!
@missus_bl hope ur uti goes away soon with ur cranberry!!! :)

I am also having backache... put a pillow behind when you seat on the office chair.. it helps...

some of my friends are commenting why having backache while the bump is not big... I also don't know...

btw, how is everyone's baby bump?? getting obvious?
Have no bump at all. Previously ard 2 months had a bit but guess it was just air??! Waiting for it to appear lei. Otherwise a few times I sat down on MRT then an old uncle/auntie will stand in front of me and glare... Paiseh max. Sometimes scared I kena stomp also! Haha!

hi all,
did your gynae prescribe you the pre-natal vitamins such as fish oil, calcium, iron on top of folic acid during first trimester/upon cfm of pregnancy? or only folic acid?

hi all,
did your gynae prescribe you the pre-natal vitamins such as fish oil, calcium, iron on top of folic acid during first trimester/upon cfm of pregnancy? or only folic acid?
From 5th week to 8th week gynae only give me folic acid n vitamin B complex.
Then from 8th week onwards gynae give me pre natal multi vitamin, calcium n fish oil.

Week 8 onwards folic n multi vitamins (obimin) sec trim only multi vitamins (obimin) n fish oil...no calcium leh...cuz she said drink milk twice a day will b sufficient ....hee...
hi all,

@bliswifu, I booked this trip quite a few months back and din know I will be so Heng to tio juz one month before the trip. Ya, survived the commercial flights and regional flights as well. Phew... My #1 was very cooperative and my poor hubby had to carry the heavier luggage. I helped with those lighter ones but still ard 7kg! Lol.

As for shopping, I bot mostly mine! The clothes there are winter. :p and since dunno the gender oso no point. If it's a gal, my #2 will take over #1 preloved. Hehe..

Hmm, I dun think u can travel when u are near to end of 2nd trim leh. I think latest is 28w. Plan a trip next year if u can! I'm planning for hk! :)

Oic...yes we r oso quite worried since the flight will b really long! My gynae said best time to travel will b 16weeks,20weeks...she said have to walk every 2 hrs when we asked her if we can travel to the states...i think i will ask her again nearer the date ...haa..

hello ladies.. hw is everyone doing? seems quiet at SMH :)

Im waiting for my next check up on this thur n fri.. cannot wait........ did my oscar on 5 dec .. all shd be well.. since my gynae didnt call to inform any news.

hello ladies.. hw is everyone doing? seems quiet at SMH :)

Im waiting for my next check up on this thur n fri.. cannot wait........ did my oscar on 5 dec .. all shd be well.. since my gynae didnt call to inform any news.
Hi! Nice to hear u are doing well! Ur next check up only a few days more! How many wks are u now?

I am 15w5d now, since Sun i did not feel any baby movements , should I be worried ? I used to feel twitching and light fluttering all the time. I really couldn't help being paranoid.

Last edited:
I am 15w5d now, since Sun i did not feel any baby movements , should I be worried ? I used to feel twitching and light fluttering all the time. I really couldn't help being paranoid.
Hi hippo! So u are a jun mummy too! Wave... It's still early to feel baby movement now.. When is your next checkup?

@missus_bl, I am going to do a walk-in to my gynae later. My next checkup is supposed to be 23rd dec.
During my last pregnancy i can feel my son movements very early.
Last week i feel alot of twitchings, and this week none even when i lie sideways.

@missus_bl, I am going to do a walk-in to my gynae later. My next checkup is supposed to be 23rd dec.
During my last pregnancy i can feel my son movements very early.
Last week i feel alot of twitchings, and this week none even when i lie sideways.
Oic, I rem I felt fluttering and twitching ard 16w for my #1. This one is only 14w so nothing yet.

Dun worry, all will be ok. :)

Yup... U are right. EDD keeps getting pushed up though... Later i become May mummy haha. How are u doing?
Hahaa is good news!! Cause that means bb growing well :) during oscar, my edd stated late may too haa...n i oso know my bb gender liao.,.is a boy...haa..
After a long Hospitalisation Leave, I am going back to work. So tired, how you all suvivie yhe long hours. I am yawning non stop =.="
me too...actually i feel more tired n pee a lot more often compared to first trim >.<" i tot theory says that we will visit the washroom less...but opposite for me :( jiayou !
@missus_bl n @hippo78 wow u guys can feel bb movements so early stage? Hippo....mayb bb sleeping...hopefully all is good when u see ur gynae later :) update us!

I can't really feel movement.. A few times (very rare) felt bubbles but maybe it is just imagination...
Then again the last two scans baby is sleeping...

Back from the clinic. My baby boy is fine! He's moving his limbs during the scan but I cannot feel anything. He's now 9.35cm at 15w6d.

Thanks everyone for consoling me. I think I am being too over stressed over this pregnancy due to my #1 missed miscarriage.

Last edited:
Back from the clinic. My baby boy is fine! He's moving his limbs during the scan but I cannot feel anything. He's now 9.35cm at 15w6d.

Thanks everyone for consoling me. I think I am being too over stressed over this pregnancy due to my #1 miscarriage.
That's great... Mb wait a bit more and u can feel him kick soon! ;)

Back