(2015/6) June 2015 Mummies

Wise decision.
I also agree to let both parents visit newborn n us! :p
For my first pregnancy. . My boy is out in noon.. But we told our parents to visit us next day..
N my hb is smart. . He informed them like 5 plus telling them we r safe n baby out..

I think at least sometimes our own to enjoy looking at the baby n some bonding time with hb n baby is important.

When my in laws came next day I rarely have chance to carry my boy..

I also realise when baby is inside me.. He belongs solely to me.. listen my voice n bring him everywhere I go..
But when he is out I got to share him with others. .
N i have to remind myself he is receiving more love from others. .
:) okie... Yes I think yr kid is also blessed to receive love from many ppl!

I m quite puzzled why need to bring newborn to visit them when baby is not yet a month old?
Can't they visit u n baby since u r in confinement?
Any reasons from them?
N they not going to visit u n baby in hospital?
I didn't ask them yet... But noticed that my cousins brought baby to visit them... Dunno if it is expected of us.

I don mind pple to visit me.. but I would prefer they don hang out for more den 1 hr and not there to watch tv...if Juz wan watch tv den might as well stay hm n don come. .haha
I can't slp with visitors ard me in e ward .. sometimes donwan slp but juz wan rest my body ..

@hi_mei that is a smart move...to inform them later haha!! I think u r a good dil that's why u mind their feelings :)
@bel_vodka hahaa i agree with u !!! Abt the watching tv part is just so off haa...n if relatives can b quite awkward...wan to sleep yet ppl watching tv...haa n not talking to u oso... Really -.-"""
@babyunicorn ya lo..need to maintain gd relationship with them :) zen, act blur all good ways hee!! But end day, like u said, they r hub parents...in a way they r oso worried abt us... In laws relationship is a piece of art !! Haa

Last edited:
Hi mei, thank you for ur reply =)

Any more mummies at kkh?

i'm not sure whether i shld juz anyhow choose a doc at kkh anot?
most of my fren recommend doc are w thomson,
but now thomson not good, my fenz juz delivery her baby there,
juz a year apart (2013 n 2014), she says the staff change, and the way they work diff,
its all FT, they wash her lower part after birth with cold tap water etc..
the only good thing is room is big..

@rabbitakachan I'm with Dr John Tee from the private suite (TPS). I have chosen kkh cos this is my 1st pregnancy and scared if there's any complication at least I know kkh has all the Facilities. The queue at TPS is quite fast.. normally done within half an hr. My husband is civil servant so I have the civil service card so will be subsidized in a way.

@rabbitakachan I'm with Dr John Tee from the private suite (TPS). I have chosen kkh cos this is my 1st pregnancy and scared if there's any complication at least I know kkh has all the Facilities. The queue at TPS is quite fast.. normally done within half an hr. My husband is civil servant so I have the civil service card so will be subsidized in a way.
I am with john tee too. Same same, prefer kkh cos of thr facilities.

Hi mei, thank you for ur reply =)

Any more mummies at kkh?

i'm not sure whether i shld juz anyhow choose a doc at kkh anot?
most of my fren recommend doc are w thomson,
but now thomson not good, my fenz juz delivery her baby there,
juz a year apart (2013 n 2014), she says the staff change, and the way they work diff,
its all FT, they wash her lower part after birth with cold tap water etc..
the only good thing is room is big..
I think better don't anyhow choose KKH doctors... If possible, take the recommended ones... :)

Hi mummies,

Care to share what is your adjusted risk for trisomy 21 of your oscar test? Mine is 1:2197. Not sure if it's considered the norm...

Hello Mummies,

My trisomy 21 result is 1: 10,000 and i'm having a female fetus with probability of greater than 99% according to results generated :)

Hi hushtots,

Apologies for not giving this background info. I am 25 this year. The reason why we went for harmony was that we wanted to go for a test which yields higher accuracy after gynae explained pros n cons to us.

According to the profiling chart on my results slip, your results fall in the low risk range so don't fret :)

Hi twirlycandy,

Thanks for the update!
My trisomy 21 ratio is so diff from trisomy 18 and 13. Got a scare.
Oh btw, u r such a young mummy! ;)

Hushtots,

No worries. Just had dinner and had time to check the thread now :) care to share your other trisomies test results? And yes, haha, part of our family planning to have kids earlier..

Any mummies have recovered from ms? I am at week 13 and vomit badly still, especially today. I cant work at or. So miserable. Cry also no tears...

I am at week 12. It was quite bad for me at first but I have smaller meals frequently and that helps a lot. Milk makes me feel bloated and more nauseated in the morning. Diet high in protein helps me.

Any mummies have recovered from ms? I am at week 13 and vomit badly still, especially today. I cant work at or. So miserable. Cry also no tears...
Sorry to hear that... My MS got better but it is still there at week 14. I know it can be very depressing. Most ppl shd have it better by wk 16, if it hasn't gotten better already. If u need to, just stay off work. It is tough enough carrying a baby.

Sorry to hear that... My MS got better but it is still there at week 14. I know it can be very depressing. Most ppl shd have it better by wk 16, if it hasn't gotten better already. If u need to, just stay off work. It is tough enough carrying a baby.
Thanks hi_mei.
I have been on HL for a month plus already, cant extend it further. I need to go back to work soon but ms is not getting better. I am so stress up, I dont know what ti do about myself. I puked everything out today and now naseous plus hungry plus thirsty. Life seems to come to a "stop" like that :( this is worst than my 1st pregnancy.

Thanks hi_mei.
I have been on HL for a month plus already, cant extend it further. I need to go back to work soon but ms is not getting better. I am so stress up, I dont know what ti do about myself. I puked everything out today and now naseous plus hungry plus thirsty. Life seems to come to a "stop" like that :( this is worst than my 1st pregnancy.
Yes at times the nasty feeling really feels like 24/7 torment. If u return to work u also won't be able to function properly... If not u consider taking medication for the vomiting? Gynae can prescribe, it is safe to eat.

My HL also overused. I dock pay this year liao.

Yes at times the nasty feeling really feels like 24/7 torment. If u return to work u also won't be able to function properly... If not u consider taking medication for the vomiting? Gynae can prescribe, it is safe to eat.

Seems like we are all in the same boat, me too getting on no pay leave already, first time in my 7years of working I didn't had any balance leave to bring forward and still have to dock pay haha

Ya lor.... the feeling no stop at or. No naseous medicine works for me and eat liao, also puke out. If go back work really like that, think I got to take unpaid leave.

I'm at week 12 also. MS still the same! Still feel giddy when I'm outside.
I thought things will get better as the week progresses. But nooooooooooo.
This is so torturing

I'm at week 12 also. MS still the same! Still feel giddy when I'm outside.
I thought things will get better as the week progresses. But nooooooooooo.
This is so torturing
Ya lor, others keep telling me it will be better. But mine seems to worsen. Getting worry that it will not get better. Keep yawning too. So tired.

I am week 12 + , turning 13..

MS got better but the feeling of throwing out after meals is still there. Instead of throwing out every meal, its like 1 meal out of 3 a day...
Lots of burp due to indigestion I guess, and the bloatness is not improving.

Fatigue... no improvement... Sleep through hours but still a zombie at work...

My MS gets better but I still have fatigue.. And occasionally vomitting. I also have elevated temperature (37.2-37.4) during the day.

Cant wait til nxt June when we will all hold our dear bb in arms and talk abt more interesting topics like breast feeding! Haha..

I just drank coke. Now my stomach so bloated it's going to explode soon.
I can literally feel the wind running around in my stomach

I m 14weeks plus still have ms too...getting better but still there...my ms worsens at night... Let's hang on ! We have all come so far!!
@Happybump hahaha i like that idea ! Hold baby in our arms n talk abt breast feeding! Haha...actually i m looking forward to second trim...can feel bb kicks...i will feel more assured! N second trim is the best part of pregnancy right hee...can run everywhere with baby inside...
@jean1986 maybe avoid coke but if u crave for something cold can try 100plus :)

Hahaa...mine around dinner time n after dinner time...i will squeeze a few drops of lemon into my water...sometimes i will eat kiwi too cause kiwi has this sour plus sweet taste quite good...hahaa...but still ms wins....not much fight one la...hahaa

Hahaa...mine around dinner time n after dinner time...i will squeeze a few drops of lemon into my water...sometimes i will eat kiwi too cause kiwi has this sour plus sweet taste quite good...hahaa...but still ms wins....not much fight one la...hahaa
It is not nice to have MS but think night MS better than day MS... At least u can sleep it away :)

Hello mummies, it's been a while since I posted! Hope all is well.

I actually went europe for holidays a week back! Walked a lot with my 9w-10w old tummy. Glad the lil one inside me enjoyed the trip though I did throw up every single morning. Zzz. Had fun sightseeing and shopping compared to my #1 time whereby I had to cancel my Korea trip. Still having a bit of ms though I'm officially on 2nd trimester.

Did my oscar today too. Baby is quite active throughout the scan. Went toilet to throw up when my name was called, haha!

Let me know if there is any fb group, will join u gals from there. :)

@hi_mei hahaa true oso...i can try to sleep early to get over it... But still dislike it hahaa:p
hang in there baby unicorn!!
@missus_bl wow !! U went europe?? Powerful !! Hahaa!! Did u buy a lot of baby stuffs or ur own stuffs? :) my hubby needs to go usa n i m wondering if i can tag along...will b end sec trim by then....how did u survive the long hours flight to n back missus? Li hai !

Seem like a lot of us are having ms from evening onwards! Tot I was getting better from ms but suddenly these few days the feeling all came back... wondering when wud our ms topic stop and start on "I feel the baby kicking me!" :)

@bliswifu, I booked this trip quite a few months back and din know I will be so Heng to tio juz one month before the trip. Ya, survived the commercial flights and regional flights as well. Phew... My #1 was very cooperative and my poor hubby had to carry the heavier luggage. I helped with those lighter ones but still ard 7kg! Lol.

As for shopping, I bot mostly mine! The clothes there are winter. :p and since dunno the gender oso no point. If it's a gal, my #2 will take over #1 preloved. Hehe..

Hmm, I dun think u can travel when u are near to end of 2nd trim leh. I think latest is 28w. Plan a trip next year if u can! I'm planning for hk! :)

Just did the NT scan this morning ..
It was pretty fast ..
NT measurement was a bit above average but the nasal bone measurement is good ..
Overall ratio is high risk with the age factor ..
But dr assured me that high nasal bone measurement is definitely good ..
Withdrew 4 tubes of blood for Harmony & other tests required by the clinic ..
All we can do is just wait for the harmony results ..
Hope that it will be a good xmas gift for me & hub .. :)

Just did the NT scan this morning ..
It was pretty fast ..
NT measurement was a bit above average but the nasal bone measurement is good ..
Overall ratio is high risk with the age factor ..
But dr assured me that high nasal bone measurement is definitely good ..
Withdrew 4 tubes of blood for Harmony & other tests required by the clinic ..
All we can do is just wait for the harmony results ..
Hope that it will be a good xmas gift for me & hub .. :)
My NT is on high side too, ard 2.8mm I think. But we managed to see the nasal bone, normal anot I'm not sure but gynae said ok.

How old are u btw?

Hopefully with the blood test, all will be well. It will be a good Xmas gift for us. ;)

My NT is on high side too, ard 2.8mm I think. But we managed to see the nasal bone, normal anot I'm not sure but gynae said ok.

How old are u btw?

Hopefully with the blood test, all will be well. It will be a good Xmas gift for us. ;)

Just turned 36 not long ago ..
So decided to take harmony test instead of oscar test ..
How about you ??

Just turned 36 not long ago ..
So decided to take harmony test instead of oscar test ..
How about you ??
I'm 32 this year. I rem seeing some NT measurement was 3.x mm. -_-" I rem my #1 time, hers was 2.x mm, definitely lower than this one.

They drew 3 tubes of blood to combine the result for more accurate reading too.

The person doing the sonogram din say much except saying bb is active to capture measurement.

I'm 32 this year. I rem seeing some NT measurement was 3.x mm. -_-" I rem my #1 time, hers was 2.x mm, definitely lower than this one.

They drew 3 tubes of blood to combine the result for more accurate reading too.

The person doing the sonogram din say much except saying bb is active to capture measurement.

The sonograher just told me that the ratio is not so accurate after the age factor so harmony test is better ..
U did harmony test too ??

The sonograher just told me that the ratio is not so accurate after the age factor so harmony test is better ..
U did harmony test too ??
Actually I hv no idea on what is harmony test, lol. Just go and had my blood drawn when I was told.

She told me only our gynae will understand the final result when combined. When I went for my routine check after that, gynae saw the nasal bone but the NT was 2.8mm. He told me the Oscar result shld be out by Thursday.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. Did u see what was the NT measured?

Back