(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

Hi Mummies, can we eat curry during pregnancy? as some of my friend tell me cannot, but both my mom and in-laws did not mentioned it at all.
I think because of coconut milk?
I know we cant drink coconut juice early in pregnancy as it is too cooling. But not sure if milk is also cooling. To me seems ok to eat curry.

even kiddy palace de don look real
Even toys r us is not real. Bought b4. Quality of the water pen is very bad.
Maybe can try buying via amazon.
Alternatively u can find a child-safe pencil that is triangular and big.
The fake aqua doodle for my son didnt last long as he got sick of it and within months he can use normal pencil and paper. Kids grow very fast.

Just wondering are you all curious about gender of baby? I know most say healthy baby can le.. Heard there are many old wife tales and some gynae or Chinese tcm doc can predict baby gender very early?

yups im curious know baby gender... hope baby will cooperate and let me know soon :)

Hi Everybody! I'm new to this forum.

This is my #1. Went for IVF twice before but failed. Now naturally conceived after trying TCM acupuncture. Pretty excited and anxious at the same time. Hope everything goes smoothly for the next few months. Currently, I m 8wks+ preggy. EDD 20 Sept. I hv already gone for my 1st doc appt and saw the baby's heart beat at 6wk+ but I don't really have any preggy symptons and my next appt is on 10 March, which worries me. I haven't decided on which gynae to see yet though I would prefer to deliver at NUH, more convenient for me cos it's near to my work place & home. I'm kinda lost now as in dunno what I hv to do, research, buy or prepare. :S

Mt A can consider Dr Esther Ng too. Her charges are ok so far for me. $95 for consultation and $45 for scan. Supplements are $5 each. For your reference.
Hi Damahome,how are u?
After seeing dr Esther and dr han, my hubby n me are deciding to go back to Dr Esther. Then my hubby called due to i m bz today to make appointment.
yet he was being scolded by one of the nurse ,the nurse blamed us that we didnt turn up for the oscar scan. After i heard from my hubby, i find it so unreasonable.So just now i called back to clinic.
The nurse called me back and said it's my hubby over sensitive and she didnt blame us... :( denying.. (angry)
i told in first place they didnt get our consensus before booking NUH for us, then y should we be blamed.She said cos need to chop the slot ,bla bla bla.....
At the end i told her i cannot make it for march due to work, she very irresponsible and ask me to consider to go Thomson for my oscar scan (she didnt even sound willing to check available slot for us)..

Finally we decided to go back to Dr Esther, now i really dont feel comfortable anymore because of the nurse attitude:(:(

dilemman now ....:(

I asked also for the gynae package she told me is $900 ,start from wk 20. Is it same as yours?

Now again i m stuck.... on choosing which gynae. Hope can get feedback from mummies. Thanks:)

Hi Everybody! I'm new to this forum.

This is my #1. Went for IVF twice before but failed. Now naturally conceived after trying TCM acupuncture. Pretty excited and anxious at the same time. Hope everything goes smoothly for the next few months. Currently, I m 8wks+ preggy. EDD 20 Sept. I hv already gone for my 1st doc appt and saw the baby's heart beat at 6wk+ but I don't really have any preggy symptons and my next appt is on 10 March, which worries me. I haven't decided on which gynae to see yet though I would prefer to deliver at NUH, more convenient for me cos it's near to my work place & home. I'm kinda lost now as in dunno what I hv to do, research, buy or prepare. :S

Congrats!
My No. 1 was very smooth with barely any morning sickness or headache. Just tired at times and that is it. So smooth! Don't have to worry. U r blessed not to have these symptoms! My no. 2 has bad symptoms though...

the best way to research is to go to the library and borrow physical books as opposed to the internet. Books feature A to Zs of pregnancy but internet info are not consolidated. You may find them in the children's books section. 618.

In my opinion, too many parents focus on comparing products and few spend the time to talk and discuss about parenting. It is also a good time to discuss with ur partner what do you want your child to focus on. Sports, music, character building, attributes, etc. with the list of positive attributes (responsibility, filial piety, honesty), we can start reminding ourselves on being a role model now while we are pregnant. reflect on the tone we speak to our own parents, make some changes, as children can see how we act. For myself, i speak to my dad very casually and always wave him off when he starts to nag. As a result, my son dont really like my dad as much as other Grandparents. And that started even when he is only 1 plus yrs.

Also, align with your partner on punishments and discipline, where to draw the line. I find these r more impt to think about within the 9 months of pregnancy than thinking about brand of milk bottles or breast pump. Kids grow up fast. And 2 parents need to have same expectations and walk the same line so that kids will know and follow, without any bias towards any parents. Just a hindsight thing after my no. 1. At the end of the day, kids are not affected by brand of stuff u buy, natural/caesarian, hospitals, but their environment which u create.

Just a personal reflection.. Because it is funny to me that i spend 9 months reading about births, comparing milk brands, bottle brands, breast pumps, docs, hospitals and all these last probably till my son is a toddler. My responsibility is till my son is 25. Might as well spend the 9 months on building a gd family foundation, habits, practices... And communication with partner on parenting. And also dropping hints on parenting to grandparents, e.g. Buying of toys...

Last edited:
Mommies, selling these brand new with tag maternity wear from asos coz too big for me.
Both uk size 12
Black dress at $35
White lace dress at
Pm if keen

Attachments

• 1423820915203.jpg
    1423820915203.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 1423820924783.jpg
    1423820924783.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 237
My tcm doc already predict is a boy. My #1 she got it correct. Let see if this time round will she be correct again.

I didnt know my #2 gender until I popped. It was exciting. This time I still considering if I wan to know hehe.. anyway health come 1st :)

Even toys r us is not real. Bought b4. Quality of the water pen is very bad.
Maybe can try buying via amazon.
Alternatively u can find a child-safe pencil that is triangular and big.
The fake aqua doodle for my son didnt last long as he got sick of it and within months he can use normal pencil and paper. Kids grow very fast.

I brought mine online. still in very good condition, I use it when my #1 play waterplay... hahhaa

Are you all going to take OSCAR test? Doc was telling me the risk for me is low cos of age so I am in a dilemma. Still thinking if I should go for it. Anyone, thoughts pls? Thanks

Are you all going to take OSCAR test? Doc was telling me the risk for me is low cos of age so I am in a dilemma. Still thinking if I should go for it. Anyone, thoughts pls? Thanks
Yes, I am going for the test. I prefer some assurance with data." Opinion confuse, data convince"

Hi Damahome,how are u?
After seeing dr Esther and dr han, my hubby n me are deciding to go back to Dr Esther. Then my hubby called due to i m bz today to make appointment.
yet he was being scolded by one of the nurse ,the nurse blamed us that we didnt turn up for the oscar scan. After i heard from my hubby, i find it so unreasonable.So just now i called back to clinic.
The nurse called me back and said it's my hubby over sensitive and she didnt blame us... :( denying.. (angry)
i told in first place they didnt get our consensus before booking NUH for us, then y should we be blamed.She said cos need to chop the slot ,bla bla bla.....
At the end i told her i cannot make it for march due to work, she very irresponsible and ask me to consider to go Thomson for my oscar scan (she didnt even sound willing to check available slot for us)..

Finally we decided to go back to Dr Esther, now i really dont feel comfortable anymore because of the nurse attitude:(:(

I asked also for the gynae package she told me is $900 ,start from wk 20. Is it same as yours?

Now again i m stuck.... on choosing which gynae. Hope can get feedback from mummies. Thanks:)
Hey, I haven't ask about package yet. I presume it's the same bah. I think oscar scan very packed one. And has to be done before week 13-14 else cannot test le. So they probably abit more worried that you miss the period bah. I usually see her at Mt A.

If you are not comfy then better that you go for another gynae bah. Coz comfy level very impt.

But if it's just a 1 off incident, then probably just let it go lor. Hope you feel better. :)

Hi Damahome,how are u?

I always book Dr Han through the central appointment via email and the kk nurse will always call me to confirm again, always very nice and accommodating.

And this time I keep changing and change again because I wan my gal to go but unfortunately no desired time slot.
If you have singpass, u can track ur appt at singhealth too.

I don't like anything related to V check too, so uncomfy and painful :confused:

U decide cause the most impt is u feel more at ease with the gynae ;)

Hi Everyone! I am so glad to be able to join all of you here and I am currently expecting my 1st child with EDD to be on 7th Sept.. For those who are having ms, let's jiayous and soon our first trimester is ending soon! :)

Hey, I haven't ask about package yet. I presume it's the same bah. I think oscar scan very packed one. And has to be done before week 13-14 else cannot test le. So they probably abit more worried that you miss the period bah. I usually see her at Mt A.

If you are not comfy then better that you go for another gynae bah. Coz comfy level very impt.

But if it's just a 1 off incident, then probably just let it go lor. Hope you feel better. :)
Yeah it was just an small incident so i called them n wanted to clarify.
However the nurse didnt sound sorry at all and when i told her i cant make it on the schedule she booked for me and requested her to help me find other slots she said afraid cant anymore and ask me to go other hospital n do oscar scan ..for tis one i find she is so irresponsible
Where got ppl push away the customer...:(
While we finally decided to go back to dr esther never expect get tis kind of treatment frm the nurse sigh..

I always book Dr Han through the central appointment via email and the kk nurse will always call me to confirm again, always very nice and accommodating.

And this time I keep changing and change again because I wan my gal to go but unfortunately no desired time slot.
If you have singpass, u can track ur appt at singhealth too.

I don't like anything related to V check too, so uncomfy and painful :confused:

U decide cause the most impt is u feel more at ease with the gynae ;)
Yo which one u said u dont like abt?
Dr han is ok but my only concern is to match his timing ..his availability in kkh is very minimal..and other concern is tht he doesnt have gynae package.
My hubby wants me to sign package asap so that we can claim to his co:p

Yo which one u said u dont like abt?
Dr han is ok but my only concern is to match his timing ..his availability in kkh is very minimal..and other concern is tht he doesnt have gynae package.
My hubby wants me to sign package asap so that we can claim to his co:p

Ic ... I don't like anything related to vaginal check or scan... really uncomfort....
Since can claim.... take the one with package better :D

Hihi! My edd 's 30 Sept. Still considering abt which hosp or gynae to go to. Hearsay some horror stories abt KKH.. whilst considering TMC... any suggestions? Thanks!

@jassk79 , what horror stories did u hear about? i heard about long waiting times but i guess that depends on gynae. we were with Dr K T Tan for our #1 and most of the time we didn't have to wait more than 5 min to see her. Many times we enter and exit the car park within an hour as recorded by the ERP system. The only time we had to wait was when Dr Tan went to deliver a baby. But I know those under other doctors usually have to wait a while. I guess this is due to Dr Tan's style which is chop chop don't waste time chit chat one...

my friend who went TMC usually have to wait 1.5 hours to see doc... so i guess... depends?

Ic ... I don't like anything related to vaginal check or scan... really uncomfort....
Since can claim.... take the one with package better :D
Ya i decided to give them another chance.if today they never even bother to call me back abt my oscar scan then i afraid i gotna choose another gynae(since they push me away and never bother to retain me as customer):(

Back