(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

I bought Medela Freestyle at Isetan at $699 with a further 5% discount during the Private Sale. N a further 3% for Isetan card members. During Isetan baby fair, there was a free Medela bottle warmer. I think Dept stores like Isetan and Takashimaya have better deals than expo...
However if you like freebies and bundles, expo might be a better choice.

OK cool..! *determined to breastfeed*

I suddenly remember, there's 10% store wide discount at Isetan this weekend for card members. That's like $70 direct off!

I'm also determined to breast feed!!

Just nice I will be near Isetan, I'll drop by have a look.

Medela Freestyle Pump

Btw I just ordered Medela Freestyle from http://www.Kulily.com yesterday n juz recv sms its gonna arrive later in afternoon!! SO FAST! Bought just the freestyle breast pump set. I calculated already. Buying separate is still cheaper than the bundle. Will update sometime after I recv.

Shipping from USA is cheapest but too much trouble to save that $50. Somemore Kulily is providing 7days free warranty if you open the set and find that it is faulty. They do a 1 to 1 replacement.

http://www.agapebabies.com/ has immediate $10off but during then it has no more stock so i ordered from Kuliliy.com. Now stock is back in case any of you are looking at the pumps too. They are also offering 7 days free warranty.

Last edited:
Just nice I will be near Isetan, I'll drop by have a look.

Medela Freestyle Pump

Btw I just ordered Medela Freestyle from http://www.Kulily.com yesterday n juz recv sms its gonna arrive later in afternoon!! SO FAST! Bought just the freestyle breast pump set. I calculated already. Buying separate is still cheaper than the bundle. Will update sometime after I recv.

Shipping from USA is cheapest but too much trouble to save that $50. Somemore Kulily is providing 7days free warranty if you open the set and find that it is faulty. They do a 1 to 1 replacement.

http://www.agapebabies.com/ has immediate $10off but during then it has no more stock so i ordered from Kuliliy.com. Now stock is back in case any of you are looking at the pumps too. They are also offering 7 days free warranty.

I went to take a look at kulily web. The price is indeed much lower. But it doesn't come with 1year warranty?
The 7 day free warranty starts from date of purchase? How will you if it works well? The warranty for set I bought only starts from baby birth date.

When you rec the parcel, can you also let me know if the contents are the same as the standard package?

Hello Everyone,
Late comer here, i'm due 8 sept but will probably be induced a week earlier!

Just dropping in to say Hi!

Edit to add some info:
- I'm delivering at SGH due to previous cardiac issues. I think they are the only hospital in SG that has joint clinic with OB

- Conceived while on birth control .. -_-|||
(not that i'm not happy, but it did take awhile for me to process, plus my first visit to KKH, the stupid DR told me i'm DEFINITELY going to suffer a heart attack either during pregnancy or during labour, so i though i had to terminate. Went for second opinion in SGH, apparently i'm totally fine and can even opt for natural birth... )

- Started ordering stuff for my lil girl, and it is just crazy expensive here!!
- Currently setting up my nursery (painting in progress)

oh oh!! I have a question for anyone with advise,
1) Breastfeeding, do you buy the pumps now or later?
There are different opinions to this base on my research.
- Some say BF is demand supply, even if you don't have much at first, keep using the pump, the milk will follow...
- Some say better to wait till confirm can BF then buy..

I'm so torn, and not sure what to do about this. I quit my job for the baby and i've 100% committed to BF, but I know sometimes ur body just will not cooperate!! :(

2) Anyone flew >10hrs with a 3 mth old baby before?
I need to fly back to UK in december... any tips?

Thanks in advance should anyone reply! :)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

Edit to add some info:
- I'm delivering at SGH due to previous cardiac issues. I think they are the only hospital in SG that has joint clinic with OB

(not that i'm not happy, but it did take awhile for me to process, plus my first visit to KKH, the stupid DR told me i'm DEFINITELY going to suffer a heart attack either during pregnancy or during labour, so i though i had to terminate. Went for second opinion in SGH, apparently i'm totally fine and can even opt for natural birth... )

- Some say BF is demand supply, even if you don't have much at first, keep using the pump, the milk will follow...

I'm so torn, and not sure what to do about this. I quit my job for the baby and i've 100% committed to BF, but I know sometimes ur body just will not cooperate!! :(

Cheers!

I might be flying my twins to New York in Dec i'd like to know too! :)

Hi all, am new to this group. First child EDD 18 Sep. Anyone having problems sleeping, read that its best to sleep on your left side, but can't seem to get the right position. Any tips would be appreciated?

Hi Mummies, My EDD is 4th Sep, anyone start to prepare your hospital bag? I have no idea for what to pack into the hospital bag, can anyone advise me on it?

Hi all, am new to this group. First child EDD 18 Sep. Anyone having problems sleeping, read that its best to sleep on your left side, but can't seem to get the right position. Any tips would be appreciated?

Get a pregnancy pillow! Its very helpful.. While many people like the snoogle, i personally just got 2 pregnancy wedge one on each side.. Works well for me since i already use a bolster... :)

Hi Mummies, My EDD is 4th Sep, anyone start to prepare your hospital bag? I have no idea for what to pack into the hospital bag, can anyone advise me on it?

Hello!

Basically i tink for mommies
1) toiletries
2) decent nightie (if your hosp allows, otherwise they provide)
3) all your documents
- marriage cert etc if you intend to register your bb's bith immediately and the hosp has the service.
- prenatal card etc
4) breast pumps (subjective)
5) disposable underwear/comfy underwear
6) maternity pad (if not, hosp provides them too, chargeable i think)

Baby
1) baby car seat
2) newborns usually provided with clothes/ receivng blanket etc..in most hosp... Can always bring your own if you prefer

Not sure if i miss out anything impt... Please feel free to correct me if im wrong..

I got a baby pillow to place under my belly when I sleep on my side. N I'll hug a bolster in between my legs. Hub will then place another pillow behind my upper back. So far so good.

Alternative is preg pillow but i have enough pillows to play with already so decided to forgo it.

Hello!

1) toiletries
3) all your documents
- marriage cert etc if you intend to register your bb's bith immediately and the hosp has the service.
- prenatal card etc

Baby
1) baby car seat
2) newborns usually provided with clothes/ receivng blanket etc..in most hosp... Can always bring your own if you prefer

Not sure if i miss out anything impt... Please feel free to correct me if im wrong..
Thanks for your advise...

Hello mummies!
I am having my #3 now.
EDD at 7th Oct 2015, Seeing Prof. John Tee at amk clinic.
Though I am due in Oct but I maybe having an early delivery.
May I join this Sep Grp please?

Hello!

1) toiletries
3) all your documents
- prenatal card etc

Baby
1) baby car seat

Let me add on a few things.
7) a Jacket or Cardigan - it may be cold in hospital
8) Camera - you need that to take photos.
9) Tummy Binder

Baby
3) Mitten & booties
4) Baby Cap.

BTW, my friend has a breastpump to let go, although is pre-loved but used less than 5x. She got it in April 15 and comes with 2yr warranty, the breastpump has pretty good review but it just doesnt seem to suit her so she decided to let go. She got it at $318 and willing to let go cheaper. Anyone interested please PM ok.

breastpump.jpg

Hello PhoebePan,

Maybe we have met before? :p
#2 was delivered by him so went back to him again.
He is a man with not much words but give me the fatherly feel. :)

To add on the lists..
1) toiletries
3) all your documents
- prenatal card etc
7) a Jacket or Cardigan - it may be cold in hospital
8) Camera - you need that to take photos.
9) Tummy Binder
10) Makeup pouch *.*
(Read somewhere online that this is a thing not be leftout for mummies as you may likely have visitors and you still want to look good!)

Baby
1) baby car seat
2) newborns usually provided with clothes/ receivng blanket etc..in most hosp...
3) Mitten & booties
4) Baby Cap.

I went to take a look at kulily web. The price is indeed much lower. But it doesn't come with 1year warranty?
The 7 day free warranty starts from date of purchase? How will you if it works well? The warranty for set I bought only starts from baby birth date.

When you rec the parcel, can you also let me know if the contents are the same as the standard package?

Hi, missed the alerts on this forum.. sorry dn mind I censor the serial numbers n all.
I've put the photos in sequence of unboxing. Delivered to me in brown box. opened up I find the free micro steam bag kulily.com gives. in the sealed original medela box is the bag (box states Made in Switzerland) . In bag there's extra breastshield as seen obviously in pic. The packets contained the handsfree straps n other lose parts as stated on box. Inside the bag there's the cooler bag with 3 bottles. I'm holding the 4th bottle which was not kept in the cooler bag, so total there are 4 medela milk bottles.

As for warranty, I put in the battery n did an initial test of the motor. Warranty 7 days from purchase date.

Motor works fine, LCD screen is ok.. the functions work fine - I didn't connect the tubes or anything to it btw, I just rest the freestyle pump unit by itself only.

Anyone bought from other places with warranty? what does the warranty cover? I I suppose

2015-06-16 19.27.23.jpg
2015-06-16 19.27.43.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

Edit to add some info:

Cheers!

Not sure flying with a baby, I'll let you know next time! U can share with us your experience.

For those who want to fly when preggie...

my EDD is 15 sep. in fact I just came back from 10 days holiday last week in Western Australia. Flew 5 hrs+ on SQ. Went trekking at Kalbarri national park.

At Changi airport they didn't stop me although I had my gynae letter ready (certifies I'm fit to fly, my EDD, n my travel period). I was 26 weeks. The security gantry officers even ask me to skip the body scan and a lady search my body gently to make sure I'm no terrorist.

2015-06-16 19.43.37.jpg

Last edited:
About breastpump, I bought early becos that's the least I want to worry about when I'm caring for baby. Dn want to stress over giving hubby instructions to shop for right one.

I'm working office job, will start maternity 1 week before EDD 15 sep. My plan is...

1. BF direct latch for 1 mth..
2. Anytime in that 1 mth if baby dn like latching onto me, then I'll pump.
3. if baby latch, other factors such as "if he sleeps throughout the night", I'll pump when he sleeps so as to maintain If not increase the supply. I hope he latches tho.
4. go back office 17 Dec (Thurs). So that I work 2 days n it's weekend. easier for me n baby to adjust to new schedule.

As long as he latches direct, I'll not use the pump.

If he forever latches (love my boobs), I'll start using the pump while he feeds or when I'm engorged.

Most importantly I'll get him to drink BM from bottle 2 weeks before going back to office.

That's y I got the freestyle. It's very portable n double pump for efficiency esp when go back work. Also simulates how baby feeds. I really hope it works on me. Manual pump slow n tiring.

Hello Everyone,

Cheers!

Hihi,

I will be travelling to Japan with my baby end November when he is about 2 months old. I wish I could wait till he is older but then it will be right smack in the middle of winter and the drastic change in climate might be difficult for baby. So decided to travel earlier when the weather is still mild. The flight will be 7 hours.

It is my first time so I have no experience. But just to share my plan.
1. Reserve a baby bassinet when booking flight. Some also suggested booking a window seat for more privacy and less distractions but I am not sure if bassinet can be placed beside window seat.

2. Prepare to nurse during take-off and landing. I read that this helps relief pressure in baby's ears and prevents ear pain.

3. Supply of milk for baby. I probably need to feed baby 2-3 times, hopefully can breastfeed directly. So will need a nursing cape. Will also bring supply of EBM and disposable sterilized bottles, just in case. Changi Airport security allows reasonable amount of breast milk to be carried on board and exemption to the 100ml rule, if you are travelling with a baby. But will be subjected to additional security check. I will try to pack everything into 100ml individual package to avoid the hassle. Also will request for the EBM to be kept in fridge when on board.

4. Change of clothes and sleeping gear. As many as possible as I really don't know what baby will need:D. I often saw mums travelling with babies carrying huge bags filled with.... everything! Sweater, blanket, socks, cap, etc. And of course the usual diapers, wet wipes and sanitizing supplies.

5. Travel with a companion.

6. In your case, you have to consider jetlag too. Some people suggested preparation before you travel so baby (and mummy too!) can gradually switch to the new time zone.

And finally, hope for the best haha! It's going to be a challenge no doubt.

Hi, missed the alerts on this forum.. sorry dn mind I censor the serial numbers n all.
I've put the photos in sequence of unboxing. Delivered to me in brown box. opened up I find the free micro steam bag kulily.com gives. in the sealed original medela box is the bag (box states Made in Switzerland) . In bag there's extra breastshield as seen obviously in pic. The packets contained the handsfree straps n other lose parts as stated on box. Inside the bag there's the cooler bag with 3 bottles. I'm holding the 4th bottle which was not kept in the cooler bag, so total there are 4 medela milk bottles.

As for warranty, I put in the battery n did an initial test of the motor. Warranty 7 days from purchase date.

Motor works fine, LCD screen is ok.. the functions work fine - I didn't connect the tubes or anything to it btw, I just rest the freestyle pump unit by itself only.

Anyone bought from other places with warranty? what does the warranty cover? I I suppose

View attachment 542429 View attachment 542430

Your package looks slightly different from mine. I don't remember seeing a milk bottle teat in my pack but it did come with a Calma. I don't have the sterile pack too. Mine comes with one year local warranty which starts from baby birth.

My friends' advice is to see whether baby is fast or slow drinker. Some teats has slower flow. if baby is fast drinker, he gets frustrated if need to suck harder. If teats flow fast & baby drinks slow, might choke if he suck too fast. I'll buy bottles & teats later, those can be found easily in most shops.

Storage wise, I am gonna get some lansinoh, read alot of reviews, doesnt leak n it's very affordable.

My friends' advice is to see whether baby is fast or slow drinker. Some teats has slower flow. if baby is fast drinker, he gets frustrated if need to suck harder. If teats flow fast & baby drinks slow, might choke if he suck too fast. I'll buy bottles & teats later, those can be found easily in most shops.

Storage wise, I am gonna get some lansinoh, read alot of reviews, doesnt leak n it's very affordable.

Thanks for the advice! I'll make do with my philips avent first then...

Hi.. I'm also expecting 1st child 18sep :) my gynae says that any position is ok so long comfy to sleep..

Hi ladies, very embarassing topic here. I'm on my 27th weeks in a few days. Just start a few weeks back I noticed I tend to take longer time in the toilet. I tried not to strain my bowels... but somehow ytd I felt external piles on my anal area. Went on down to Watson to get the cream. Applied it last night but somehow the ext pile still there. Anyone experience this before? How to cure it and should I head on down to the doc?

I'm very worried cuz a friend mentioned if the piles get worse.... I probably hv to csect. First time mummy here... Please advise.

Hihi,

I will be travelling to Japan with my baby end November when he is about 2 months old. I wish I could wait till he is older but then it will be right smack in the middle of winter and the drastic change in climate might be difficult for baby. So decided to travel earlier when the weather is still mild. The flight will be 7 hours.

It is my first time so I have no experience. But just to share my plan.
1. Reserve a baby bassinet when booking flight. Some also suggested booking a window seat for more privacy and less distractions but I am not sure if bassinet can be placed beside window seat.

2. Prepare to nurse during take-off and landing. I read that this helps relief pressure in baby's ears and prevents ear pain.

3. Supply of milk for baby. I probably need to feed baby 2-3 times, hopefully can breastfeed directly. So will need a nursing cape. Will also bring supply of EBM and disposable sterilized bottles, just in case. Changi Airport security allows reasonable amount of breast milk to be carried on board and exemption to the 100ml rule, if you are travelling with a baby. But will be subjected to additional security check. I will try to pack everything into 100ml individual package to avoid the hassle. Also will request for the EBM to be kept in fridge when on board.

4. Change of clothes and sleeping gear. As many as possible as I really don't know what baby will need:D. I often saw mums travelling with babies carrying huge bags filled with.... everything! Sweater, blanket, socks, cap, etc. And of course the usual diapers, wet wipes and sanitizing supplies.

5. Travel with a companion.

6. In your case, you have to consider jetlag too. Some people suggested preparation before you travel so baby (and mummy too!) can gradually switch to the new time zone.

And finally, hope for the best haha! It's going to be a challenge no doubt.
Thanks for the tip!!!

How are all the mummies? I just went for my 26 weeks check up and baby is now 865g.

Mjane, do you used to have pile issue? I do have colleague who has piles and still manage to delivery naturally.

Mine is 850g+ at 25weeks 4 days. I put on 6kg to date... so much to me, so little to baby:(.

Mummies, I'd like to ask... are you feeling heavy and starting to have difficulties to walk? Does your tummy tighten when you stand or walk? Mine does and my gynae is a bit concerned, asking me to return to visit her in 1 week instead of the usual 2 weeks. Do you also feel contractions?

Back