(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

I was induced on my due date cos I got no contraction but cervix opened 3cm. At first, they broke my water bag but the contraction nvr come. So was given IV drip then within like few hrs I delivered

IV drip is the one i want to avoid as much as i can :(

May i just ask why u wanna avoid iv?
Anyway, the benefits outweighs the risk to be induced. I've also been told that i will be induced around 38/39 weeks..

While its best to let the bun cook for as long as possible, 38/39 weeks is technically full term and if u are diabetic reduces the risks during labour.

In terms of pain and how u r indiced..i've heard varied versions. Some say its fast and not much more painful, some say pitocin gives very intense contractions..

Also, there are several stages of being induced, i think they either inseet a pill in the vaginal, or break ur water depending on how dialated u r.
Then depending on ur body's reaction, some take off from there some need more pills (max 3), some needs pitocin...

At the end of the day, i think u need to discuss with ur doctor and understand it properly.. U dont wanna go into labour doubting ur doc..

All the best!

Hi ladies, I just went for my week 29 gynae visit and feel a tad sad... Doc say baby is bigger than usual... Which makes me think "am I making the baby unhealthy? Am I going to have a hard time giving birth since baby is big?" ... Even though husband show me google articles there is no problem having a big baby but I still worry... Sigh... Any moms experience the same issue?

Hi there,

I had the same experience too.
My doc told me my baby is on the bigger side. However, he did not instruct me to watch my diet or anything. I was worried about difficult labour too (since I was going for normal delivery).

Anyway, things turned okay. I had normal delivery without epidural and was done in 5 hours. (Thank God!!)
And I found out my baby isn't really the biggest around??

So don't worry too much. Eat normally and avoid bad food which you would do.

Have a good pregnancy! :)

Hi Mummies, I'm very worried now as baby still not turning yet...:( I'm currently in 36 weeks, BB's position did not change for the past 2 mths, her head is on the right side till now, doctor said monitor 2 more weeks, if BB still don't turn at 38 weeks, I can't choose normal delivery anymore...

Hi! Please add me into your fb group :)
EDD 20th Sep.
[email protected]

Thanks!

Any info to share on post natal massage review/choice?

Considering below;
1) Origins Jamu Massage- Attracted by heated stone therapy (supposedly helps break down stubborn fats etc :p) and seems reputable.
2) Traditional & Holistic Post Natal Ctr- Seems Owner Mdm Rokiah is very experienced and qualified alth web pics of therapist/masseuse seems to be PRC:(.
3) Free lancer Rose- OK review from another mummy and brings along own massage bed and of cos cheapest rate in comparison.

Last edited:
Hi Mummies, I'm very worried now as baby still not turning yet...:( I'm currently in 36 weeks, BB's position did not change for the past 2 mths, her head is on the right side till now, doctor said monitor 2 more weeks, if BB still don't turn at 38 weeks, I can't choose normal delivery anymore...

Did your gynae suggest you to prop up your hips using pillows?
I did that and bb turned.

Hi... Anyone needs CL auntie? My auntie is available in Sep/Oct.

I'm just helping my CL auntie as her sep client delivered 2-month early and she cannot assist her as scheduled.

She is available from 1 sep onwards.

Jus email me for more info.

[email protected]

Hi mummies,

Pictorial presentation of the positions to help baby turn as suggested by few mummies already. Good luck!

aomuke.gif

1. Raise your hip with pillow placed underneath for 10 mins twice daily.
utubuse.gif

2. Be on fours and raise hip as high as possible while relaxing tummy. 15-20mins.
sokugai.gif

3. Sleep on the side against which baby's back is facing. This encourages baby to turn.

Last edited:
Hi to all, Elaine here. 2nd time mummy but still a little blur.... my EDD is 9th sept. First child was born in 2013 but din feel any contractions cos jab the epidural before i felt anything.... if there is a facebook group wondering if u all can add me so last min.
FB account is Huang Shuhui (my chinese name)

Hi hi, I'm also at 34 weeks and first time mum.... Clueless about contractions too!

It's like menstrual cramp but sort of more pressure on the uterus.

And when about to deliver that time, during labour... it's many times more pressure and you feel like passing motion but constipated like that.

Hope I managed to give you an idea :p

Congrats to all mummies in here ;)

So happy to join you ladies here ! Just went for my 1st Gynae Appt ytd at 6wks1d ! Saw the small lil' heartbeat and was so excited ! EDD will be on 22 Sep and hope all goes well till then =)

Can add me to FB/whatsapp too ?
Name : Priscilla
email : [email protected]
Edd : 22 Sept
gynae: Dr Tham Kok Fun
Hi hi,may I know finally ur bill size ?Got package ?

Tot I'd share my experience here. Saw brownish discharge on 31 aug and went to see gynae. Gynae said probabky early labour and sent me home. At 330am started to feel slight discomfort. At that time pain still bearable. Until 4 plus contractions like10min apart. Woke hubby and hubby woke my grumpy toddler up. Checked in hosp at 545 and in pain and demanding epi. Epi only adminstered at 7 plus after all that monitoring, clear bowels, call doc, call anesthetician! :(
Anyway popped at almost 9 to my little baby girl:)

Pain was quite unbearable for me even though just a few hrs. So i really salute those that go all the way without pain relief.

Jiayou to the rest!!

Tot I'd share my experience here. Saw brownish discharge on 31 aug and went to see gynae. Gynae said probabky early labour and sent me home. At 330am started to feel slight discomfort. At that time pain still bearable. Until 4 plus contractions like10min apart. Woke hubby and hubby woke my grumpy toddler up. Checked in hosp at 545 and in pain and demanding epi. Epi only adminstered at 7 plus after all that monitoring, clear bowels, call doc, call anesthetician! :(
Anyway popped at almost 9 to my little baby girl:)

Pain was quite unbearable for me even though just a few hrs. So i really salute those that go all the way without pain relief.

Jiayou to the rest!!
So, you had contractions before water bag burst? Did they have to burst it for you or it burst naturally after arrival in hospital?

So, you had contractions before water bag burst? Did they have to burst it for you or it burst naturally after arrival in hospital?

Yes doc burst it for me. Couldnt feel a thing due to the epi. My first child water bag burst first. No contractions. Went to hosp and asked for epi. No pain felt throughout.

Back