(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

Hi ladies, I just went for my week 29 gynae visit and feel a tad sad... Doc say baby is bigger than usual... Which makes me think "am I making the baby unhealthy? Am I going to have a hard time giving birth since baby is big?" ... Even though husband show me google articles there is no problem having a big baby but I still worry... Sigh... Any moms experience the same issue?

dont' worry, like GWLEE said, sometimes the estimated weight is more than the actual weight. on a positive note, if your baby is big will be easier to carry. my first born came out big too but now she her weight is on the skinny side...haiz. my doc said my current baby is on the small side *sob* i want her to grow bigger. she was estimated 1.5kg at 30 wks.

dont' worry, like GWLEE said, sometimes the estimated weight is more than the actual weight. on a positive note, if your baby is big will be easier to carry. my first born came out big too but now she her weight is on the skinny side...haiz. my doc said my current baby is on the small side *sob* i want her to grow bigger. she was estimated 1.5kg at 30 wks.
Is 1.5kg at 30weeks considered small? My gynae showed me the chart and she's right on average.. My bb's 1.5kg at 30 weeks too... Hahah eat more durain?? Lol old ppl say bb very big when u eat durain..

I also have a 1.5kg baby at week 28 and I think most of the gynae just want to play safe and send most of the mummy here for GD test. Ouch!
Seriously, after calculating I dun think 1.5kg baby at week 28 is big at all. If i can carry my baby to full term and allow 600g increase in weigh for every 4 weeks then my baby is only 3.3kg. It is not very heavy to me because both of elder two are heavier than this.

Phoebe, is that your real tummy photo? So cute!
Same here, feeling so heavy and have backache and couldnt sleep well as well.

32weeks, baby is 1.95KG, can't wait!! the belly is getting really heavy!!! Got the estimate cost for Raffles Hospital, single bed normal delivery with epidural, 12.3K!!! Is this normal charge here in Singapore?

I visited gynae at end of 31 weeks, baby at 1.7kg and doc say a little too heavy. Just a little and not a major concern but asked me to continue to control diet. =(

Hi hi, are your babies in head down position already? Mine has turned head down since 6th month of pregnancy. Too early or normal?

Mine was at a weird position when I check on 29 week. I was laying horizontally cross my tummy. The head is at the side of my tummy. May be he is trying to turn.
Any mummies here feeling breathless?

I'm breathless after a short walk or even after a meal.

My bb didn't turn at w28 but turned at w31 check up. At w28 gynae suggested propping a pillow under hips at night for 10min to help with the turning.

5Potato, thanks for the tip. Anyone gave birth via C-section and going back to natural birth again?

First time mummy to be, 31 weeks and edd is on 22 Sept. So excited but feeling quite miserable. Can't even sit properly. The pressure is on the bladder area. I'm delivering at NUH. Hopefully natural birth. Anyone from NUH too?

Who has sleeping problem? 30 weeks now... My baby is very active at night. Kicking whole night affecting my sleep. Keep visiting the toilet as well :( insomnia is back at 3rd trimester again...

Who has sleeping problem? 30 weeks now... My baby is very active at night. Kicking whole night affecting my sleep. Keep visiting the toilet as well :( insomnia is back at 3rd trimester again...

I am 31 weeks now and baby is very active especially at night too. Move around ALOT and when he settled down a little, I'll force myself to fall asleep. and yes, my bladder feels like going to burst! :(

Can try talking to baby. I always tell baby that mummy needs to have a good rest cos need to work tmr. Tell baby to rest tgr with mummy and you two will work hard tmr. Somehow it works for me.

Picked this up from childbirth class. ☺️

I am 31 weeks now and baby is very active especially at night too. Move around ALOT and when he settled down a little, I'll force myself to fall asleep. and yes, my bladder feels like going to burst! :(

Especially when I am relaxing and trying to sleep. My boy will start his karate kicks... I remember my girl wasn't that active... Miss the gentleness now :(

Can try talking to baby. I always tell baby that mummy needs to have a good rest cos need to work tmr. Tell baby to rest tgr with mummy and you two will work hard tmr. Somehow it works for me.

Thanks for the tips... Will communicate with baby...

On the topic of baby turning head down.. mine has been turning up and down for the past 1 mth.. 1 mth ago was up during scan, 2 weeks layer flipped downwards, then another 2 weeks later, turned back head up again..

On the topic of baby turning head down.. mine has been turning up and down for the past 1 mth.. 1 mth ago was up during scan, 2 weeks layer flipped downwards, then another 2 weeks later, turned back head up again..
Wow! The space must be quite tight for the baby to do constant somersaults. You are feeling lots of movements then?

Okay, I actually feel quite weird and funny to talk to my own tummy without the baby physically in front of me. Is this normal?

Hi mommies,

First time mom here! EDD around end sept/early oct that week.
My email is --@ gmail.com.
Can admin add me in Sep facebook group? Thanks!

Last edited:
baby is very active all night long but I'm sleeping soundly n don't have to get up middle of night for toilet. In fact the moment I open my eyes is when my alarm clock rings. sometimes I have to adjust myself abit to free my left arm, I can feel him doing his usual kicking n stuff then. guess I'm just a heavy sleeper n I dream as usual n stuff.

i can see my tummy having a life of its own, wobbling and shaking as i sit on the bus/mrt/at my desk. hahah. i also waddle around like a duck now. LOL

Okay, I actually feel quite weird and funny to talk to my own tummy without the baby physically in front of me. Is this normal?

We were taught in childbirth lessons to talk to baby for bonding reasons. Daddy was taught to say good night and good morning to baby too. My hub was quite shy initially but now he comes to rub my tummy every morning before he goes to work and say bye bye to him.

I practiced it and I felt good about it!

Andrew,
I registered to take up the goodies bag but may not be taking up the plan as my AIA is offer me $200 vouchor if I signed up for my baby.

Wow! The space must be quite tight for the baby to do constant somersaults. You are feeling lots of movements then?

Babibambi, ya lorz... some days baby will move a lot till I can't rest properly.. some days lesser movements.. but think movements nowadays are more of the painful jabbing kind.. LOL...

Hi mummies,
I read somewhere that ginger&lemongrass shampoo is beneficial during confinement. May I know where to get them?

Back