(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Hi Mtb, happy lunar year.!

Yesterday just went for gynae visit, first time listening to my bb heartbeat. Almost tears. Lol
Was trying to check on the gender but gynae couldn't cfm at all.... :)

maybe next visit! baby gotta cooperate. maybe go out walk a lil before your appointment so baby is "awake" and active.. haha

Mtb.. Anyone of u here experiencing itchy and peeling around ur areolas? Mine is esp on the left side and sometimes it gets so itchy! :( i have been putting mothercare nipple cream but it doesnt seem to go away.. I really hope it will be gone jus in time for baby arrival if not im at a loss.. Cant breastfeed in this kind of condition.. :(

maybe next visit! baby gotta cooperate. maybe go out walk a lil before your appointment so baby is "awake" and active.. haha

Yeah. Looking forward to next visit! At first my hubby saw something and he say it's a boy but later gynae mentioned it could be the cord that misled so my gynae don't wanna confirm anything with us. Lol

Mtb.. Anyone of u here experiencing itchy and peeling around ur areolas? Mine is esp on the left side and sometimes it gets so itchy! :( i have been putting mothercare nipple cream but it doesnt seem to go away.. I really hope it will be gone jus in time for baby arrival if not im at a loss.. Cant breastfeed in this kind of condition.. :(

Sometimes I feel itchy, but I feel better after apply moisturizer.

initially when i joined this forum i was like 5-6 weeks..

Times flies..

I dl babycentre app, then they will send weekly 'reminder' how many weeks u r, baby is the size of what fruit, how baby is growing, what organs are developing etc

Yah, i waited so long, finally 14 weeks. Many ladies here are already in their 16th week.
Hang on, you will reach 14th in a flash!

There was a period of time i feel rather itchy and i realised is when i apply my stretch mark cream over it. Now i just apply on breast, and the itch is gone.
To heal the skin, would u want to try aloe vera? At least it is something more naturally? Just a suggestion, not sure if it will work. Take care.

Yeah. Looking forward to next visit! At first my hubby saw something and he say it's a boy but later gynae mentioned it could be the cord that misled so my gynae don't wanna confirm anything with us. Lol
Hello! My first post, expecting our first child edd 23 August :) is there a fb group, can add me? [email protected]

Also very excited to find out gender, doc says next visit in two weeks (week 16) will be able to find out gender!

I remember my mum mention to me an 'incident' when she gave birth to me in kk hospital last time..

There was this mum in the same ward who was to give birth to a 'boy' ..

When come out is a 'gal' ..

The doc took out the scan tey did for her & review again, & sort of realised that it was the umbilical cord that they mistaken as the kkj..

This happen 30+ ago, when scan might not be so 'clear' ..

Hi mummies, woah so long never log in liao...
I did my harmony test weeks ago and found out that I have a boy instead....

So any mummies want my girl's preloved clothes? Can send email to [email protected]

happy cny mommies!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: gained 1 kg in a week! my gynae is gonna "scold" me.. she is famous for being strict about it

thank you CNY... thank you goodies, love letters, chocolates, and good old home cooked food!

Hi. I am new here. My EDD is 20 August. First time mummy. Very sua gu and dunno what to expect. I am seeing Prof John Tee at KKH. Can add me into the Facebook group? [email protected] Thank you so much! Usually how many weeks can we find out about the gender?

Hi... Aug pretty mummies,
Congratulation to all of you.
I have 1 bottle DOM (1 liter) to let go at S$ 60.00
If you keen, pm me at 92217257.
Anyone looking for CL, perhaps I can recommend to you too.
Take care and wish you Happy Chinese New Year.

Attachments

• 2014.jpg
    2014.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 190
happy cny mommies!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: gained 1 kg in a week! my gynae is gonna "scold" me.. she is famous for being strict about it

thank you CNY... thank you goodies, love letters, chocolates, and good old home cooked food!

Gong xi fa cai to all :D I have been eating non stop too, don't dare to weigh.
Worse I have been eating till tummyache.

Hi i will like to recommend my current confinement lady. I am not related to her. Recommending her cos I find her diligent and responsible. Pls PM me if u want her contact.

welcome new mommies!

btw i have a deal alert esp for first time moms. Hubby and I legs itchy went around baby price checking and chanced upon Philips Avent Single electric breast pump set with many accessories selling at OG for bundle of $228 only

Set includes (all from AVENT) :
- 1 comfort single electric breast pump (selling $309 with discount if I am not wrong)
- 1 sealing disc
- 1 breastfeeding dvd
- 10 pre-sterilised milk storage cups and lids set
- 1 ribbon bra clip
- 2 milk storage cup adaptors and newborn teat pack
- 1 Natural feeding bottle
- 12 disposable breast pads (day)
- 6 disposable breast pads (night)
- 2 nipple protectors
- 1 moisturising nipple cream
- 1 pouch
- 1 nursing cape
- 2 packs of milk storage bags (think each sold for $9.90)

Think this is huge savings but its a while stocks last promo. we grabbed a set even though its still q early on our timeline

If any moms interested can head to OG baby dept to purchase. i saw about 5 sets left at the albert complex outlet. OG also threw in a Total Body support from Benbat.. q cute.

maybe the 20th week detailed scan can further 'cfm' that..

Usually if is a boy, high chance will 'maintain' a boy, unless reali mistaken the umbilical cord as the kkj.. which is rather unlikely nowadays.. Ahhhaha..

My Facebook and email is [email protected]

when can we confirm the sex of the baby? I 14.5 weeks and doctor say maybe team blue. But not 100%. Hahaha!

haha thanks! Im actually newly entering commercial property (offices, retail etc). whole new change after 8 years of administration work. hubby wants me to change because the previous job wasnt allowing me to sleep well for months in a year due to the super late nights. but didnt know we will conceive almost days into this new job because we were not planning to! haha.
I choose to think she is a blessing from God and that perhaps this period I can really concentrate on being a better wife. though we cant buy things frivolously now (we used to really spend a lot on clothes i dont wear, luxury items, gadgets -- he has >8 handphones at one time!),but i think it has been years since I can really pay a close listening ear to my hubby work problems, because in the past he used to think that I am in a much worse work environment and always listening to my problems. and I am always too sleep deprived to pay attention to him. so in a way, less $ but happier now.

Any newly self-employed mommies or new SAHM? we can support each other!

Here! Just left my job in Jan ;)

have u observed what you eat to find a pattern in the MS? i was surprised to notice that some food that I thought was comfortable (like oat) actually made me sick.. but i think we can only wait for the hormones to balance off and we wont feel so sick anymore. meanwhile, its an assurance that baby shd be doing well ! jiayou, will get there soon.

Thanks featherduster! I think my hormones have seemed to balance off. Just hit 13 weeks. Hopefully it stays like that. But still feel kinda weird after eating, not bad, just weird.

Haiz.. Just want to rant...

Actually I lost weight, but I got tummy. So today a colleague (A) who knows about me being preggie, told me that another colleague (B) approached her and asked her about me because B feels that I put on weight liao (or maybe she use the word fat). I feel v upset leh, I know it is normal la, but I don't feel I put on that much weight (except tummy) then I just don't understand why some women can talk until so tactless. Maybe because this kaypoh colleague has never been pregnant before so just anyhow shoot off her mouth. I think maybe is my hormones, so I feel kind of sad.

Somemore is like have been battling with MS and have lost abit of weight so it was really a torture and struggle lately then hear people said like that, just feel very sensitive about it.

:(

Actually I experienced the opposite which is also equally irritating. I have been slim so nobody says I'm fat. But slim also got problem. Some people tell me I must eat when I was suffering from MS and tell me how not eating is bad for my baby and I am irresponsible. It was depressing. Then even worse. They kept saying my hips are not big enough for natural birth, so angry to hear them say, "your baby sure need c-section one..." It is really very irritating. I just learn to ignore. Just talk to ppl who are more understanding.

One good thing about this forum is that you don't feel alone. Some times when pregnancy gets me down, I come to read the posts which always make me giggle.

Actually I experienced the opposite which is also equally irritating. I have been slim so nobody says I'm fat. But slim also got problem. Some people tell me I must eat when I was suffering from MS and tell me how not eating is bad for my baby and I am irresponsible. It was depressing. Then even worse. They kept saying my hips are not big enough for natural birth, so angry to hear them say, "your baby sure need c-section one..." It is really very irritating. I just learn to ignore. Just talk to ppl who are more understanding.

One good thing about this forum is that you don't feel alone. Some times when pregnancy gets me down, I come to read the posts which always make me giggle.
Hey, don't be upset. I realised that many friends, relatives, well wishers tend to judge us quite harshly. Seems that if we even think of other alternatives means we won't be good mothers. It happened to me so often.

I was asked who will take care of my baby if I am going back to work. Then I said I am not sure. Since my MIL passed away and my mum didn't wanna take care. So I said maybe get a trusty maid or infant care. I was immediately told that I am very irresponsible and that I should quit my job to be a stay home mum.

Then comes the breastfeeding part. I said that I don't have a decision yet. Maybe breastfeeding maybe formula. Wah! Immediately kena that I am not a good mother since I am considering formula instead of breastfeeding. I myself drink formula since my mum not enough breast milk. Not as if I don't know the benefits of breastfeeding.

I haven't even really decided on anything yet but I was made to feel guilty about even thinking of other alternatives. I got really fed up after a while.

haha thanks! Im actually newly entering commercial property (offices, retail etc). whole new change after 8 years of administration work. hubby wants me to change because the previous job wasnt allowing me to sleep well for months in a year due to the super late nights. but didnt know we will conceive almost days into this new job because we were not planning to! haha.
I choose to think she is a blessing from God and that perhaps this period I can really concentrate on being a better wife. though we cant buy things frivolously now (we used to really spend a lot on clothes i dont wear, luxury items, gadgets -- he has >8 handphones at one time!),but i think it has been years since I can really pay a close listening ear to my hubby work problems, because in the past he used to think that I am in a much worse work environment and always listening to my problems. and I am always too sleep deprived to pay attention to him. so in a way, less $ but happier now.

Any newly self-employed mommies or new SAHM? we can support each other!
I just tender my resignation letter yesterday after long dilemma for the past 2mths.. Had been working in this company for 12 years n really hard to come to this decision. But this job required me to fly frequently n causing a lot of mental stress to me cos I can't perform effectively due to pregnancy.

Really worry about being jobless, no income no saving.. All depend on my hubby income. Don't know if resigning will make me happier or become more depressed.. Haiz.

///////
Thanks featherduster! I think my hormones have seemed to balance off. Just hit 13 weeks. Hopefully it stays like that. But still feel kinda weird after eating, not bad, just weird.

yay! yes it will go away some time and for most moms its usually ard the 14 wk period. after that you will feel fantastic... i read everywhere that the 2nd tri is the "honeymoon" period for pregnancy.

Should any1 intend to hire a maid, u can try to contact Dylan @96490891 from 1 Assist Agency. His service is good and agency fee reasonable. Pls understand that I am not affiliated to him and do not earn any comm from him. Must say so far the maid that we got from him is hardworking and had been with us for 1 year+. ;)
Angie, what nationality is your maid?

I wasn't prescribed any fish oil by my gyane. He gave me multi vitamins instead. Should I buy fish oil to eat? But last time our mummies didn't take fish oil or DHA and we all turned out okay leh.

But fish oil is for bb brain development. Maybe because my mum didn't take that is why I always fail my maths in school. Hahahaha!

A bit worried about overdosing on vitamins since most supplements have more than 1 vitamins in them. If I take a few then certain vitamins I will be exceeding.

I just tender my resignation letter yesterday after long dilemma for the past 2mths.. Had been working in this company for 12 years n really hard to come to this decision. But this job required me to fly frequently n causing a lot of mental stress to me cos I can't perform effectively due to pregnancy.

Really worry about being jobless, no income no saving.. All depend on my hubby income. Don't know if resigning will make me happier or become more depressed.. Haiz.

Hi Maxlene! I understand how you feel as I have the same worries as you now. even though the mathematics may tell us that hubby income is sufficient to support the family, there are still moments where I feel a little bad that all the burden is now on him, or whenever any one of us has to hold back purchasing something, which is a very stark contrast to our past spending habits.

During these moments I choose to think some positive thoughts:
- that it would have been worse to have to deal with other worries if I am now pregnant in my previous job. I believe this will work for you as you mentioned having mental stress plus all the flying. I think about how if I am still in my previous sleep/food-depriving stressful job I may end up suffering a miscarraige and by then, no amount of money would be able to compensate no matter what.
- positive support from family members
- much more time for husband and family now. I think my hubby and 2 dogs are the most happy with the very obvious change in me now that I am self-employed and a happier person. I am no longer tired, frustrated, complaining. Esp now I can listen more to hubby's problems and offer him the support.
- my house is cleaner and more organised now that I can afford more time on them. I still have my once-a week helper but the things i can do in between really makes the house so much more pleasant!
- also that God never gives us more than what we can handle. If we look into some of the little things going on, it is also ways that are helping us along. like chancing upon a good bundle promotion for the breast pump because I was honestly a little horrified at a machine like that costing close to $800 without even accesories.

In any case, we can always chat when we are down, offer each other support! feel free to pm me... Have lotsa faith meanwhile!

I wasn't prescribed any fish oil by my gyane. He gave me multi vitamins instead. Should I buy fish oil to eat? But last time our mummies didn't take fish oil or DHA and we all turned out okay leh.

But fish oil is for bb brain development. Maybe because my mum didn't take that is why I always fail my maths in school. Hahahaha!

A bit worried about overdosing on vitamins since most supplements have more than 1 vitamins in them. If I take a few then certain vitamins I will be exceeding.

my gynae prescribed DHA rather "unwillingly" cos she shared that she was somewhat pressured when patients start comparing what other gynaes give. plus like you mentioned this is a recent trend and honestly it is hard to say what other side effects that may arise because the generation whose moms took DHA have yet to grow up..

For me, i have a habit not to take them and just try to take the more essential calcium and iron supplements. the large capsule size really bother me lol

seriously.. reading some of the comments you shared, i really dont know what is going on in these ppl's mind when they pass such thoughtless remarks. Really shows a severe lack of basic EQ.
I tend not to get them either cos I filter people very strictly (only close and trusted friends, so not many), plus in general ppl think I am damn fierce and know I take no shit. if I activate my mouth and retort i think they will crawl back into their mom's womb. haha.. maybe next time just tell them off! no one should need to suffer this.

Hi Maxlene! I understand how you feel as I have the same worries as you now. even though the mathematics may tell us that hubby income is sufficient to support the family, there are still moments where I feel a little bad that all the burden is now on him, or whenever any one of us has to hold back purchasing something, which is a very stark contrast to our past spending habits.

During these moments I choose to think some positive thoughts:
- that it would have been worse to have to deal with other worries if I am now pregnant in my previous job. I believe this will work for you as you mentioned having mental stress plus all the flying. I think about how if I am still in my previous sleep/food-depriving stressful job I may end up suffering a miscarraige and by then, no amount of money would be able to compensate no matter what.
- positive support from family members
- much more time for husband and family now. I think my hubby and 2 dogs are the most happy with the very obvious change in me now that I am self-employed and a happier person. I am no longer tired, frustrated, complaining. Esp now I can listen more to hubby's problems and offer him the support.
- my house is cleaner and more organised now that I can afford more time on them. I still have my once-a week helper but the things i can do in between really makes the house so much more pleasant!
- also that God never gives us more than what we can handle. If we look into some of the little things going on, it is also ways that are helping us along. like chancing upon a good bundle promotion for the breast pump because I was honestly a little horrified at a machine like that costing close to $800 without even accesories.

In any case, we can always chat when we are down, offer each other support! feel free to pm me... Have lotsa faith meanwhile!
You are very postive, really good. My hubby alway say all my thoughts are negative.. I really hope I can change my mindset during these few mths so that my baby can be a happier baby. I have to keep telling myself money is not everything.. At least for the next few mths, I m free of work stress n can enjoy my time after working so hard for the past decade. And I can also concentrate on my online business, start since last year with a friend n did not pay a lot of attention to it thus no really making money.keke

Back