(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Ask u all..

For confinement after birth u all do at in laws place or own hse

For me currently staying at inlawis hse... but my mum wans me do confinement at her hse

My hubby give straight NO to my mum last week when she ask politely.....

Abit rude hor

Do ur hubby allow to confinement there?

How are ur in laws ?? Have you spoken to them .., Will they be able to help with confinement?
True .. it's nothing like having your own mother helping with your new baby ., also you CAN complain all you want to ur mom and she won't be offended. Something you might have to be extra careful with your inlaws.
Or maybe because ., this is their first grandchild .. That's why hubby's a bit ' changchong' And wants his parents to be involved .
Whatever it is .. Talk it out 'gently' with your other half .Hope it all works out for you . Take care .

Doc dun understand why did it happen also cos all was well a few days ago when he checked. Maybe is the fibroid, maybe is the leep cone biopsy she did 2 years ago. cant really explain.

I am very sorry to hear about this. Take good care of her. Have a good confinement and if possible, see a TCM after this.
God bless.

Doc dun understand why did it happen also cos all was well a few days ago when he checked. Maybe is the fibroid, maybe is the leep cone biopsy she did 2 years ago. cant really explain.
Hi conybrown.. Sorry to hear your loss... Take care and have a mini confinement for your wife.. Most importantly now is to build up her health... And don't think too much...

It was later part when i was more direct but that doesnt work on the stubborn folks. Give up.

Wave the white flag :D

thanks for the great heads up! yes i heard a common issue with parents becoming grandparents -- they are really too soft with the kids. And I really believe in discipline because I cannot take bratty behaviour!

and its not easy telling in laws when you have differences in opinion like raising kids.
I can picture most mothers will go "i raised you/your husband this way, he turned out okay" and thats like the ultimate winning card to shut us up. I think my own mum would be this sort already so I can empathize with anyone with a difficult MIL ...

How to be the same? Last time my mum ruled with a iron hand, always cane me and my brother and now she's trying to convince me must use "love" to educate the kids nowadays.

My mil worse, I heard she almost take the chopper and now she behave so angelic towards her grandchildren.
>< "

Random shout--- CNY coming up mommies! prepare for lots of advice/nagging/bugging from relatives ... haha

maybe we should all prepare for our pet peeve comments before we go berserk

mine
- how can you still keep your dogs now that you are having a baby?!
- huh girl? your husband is an only child/grandchild, u must try for a boy next!
- you must not eat AAA, BBB, CCC..... ZZZZZ
- or, just anything that starts with "you should....."

I really dreaded the CNY, full of entertainment and I need my bed!!!!!!!

Hihi :D u feeling the same too? Not really by MS though is rather mild now compared to the past but is tiredness and fatigue.

I feel like going anywhere is a chore. I am worried that there isn't a bed when I really need one during CNY.

I still have MS, like a time bomb, I have one good day then the next is unimaginable. Seems never ending.

Kind of mentally drained by the ups and downs.

I feel like going anywhere is a chore. I am worried that there isn't a bed when I really need one during CNY.

I still have MS, like a time bomb, I have one good day then the next is unimaginable. Seems never ending.

If no bed just sit on the sofa and nap. I think they will understand. Hee

Hihi :D u feeling the same too? Not really by MS though is rather mild now compared to the past but is tiredness and fatigue.

me too.. i read that in 2nd trimester we are supposed to feel more energetic.. but im still v tired every morning. especially after many many nightmares/vivid dreams through the night.

i dunno if I should be thankful I am now self-employed.. i miss my fixed salary a lot as I am new to the business! but on one hand I also know it can be difficult to get bosses and colleagues' understanding for absence and at least now i get to sleep in on my own timing.

have u observed what you eat to find a pattern in the MS? i was surprised to notice that some food that I thought was comfortable (like oat) actually made me sick.. but i think we can only wait for the hormones to balance off and we wont feel so sick anymore. meanwhile, its an assurance that baby shd be doing well ! jiayou, will get there soon.

In my 14th week but my MS has worsen over the past few days. I vomited almost everything that I swallowed, even water. I feel so tired and nausea and having a headache. I wonder how to enjoy my CNY. I am also afraid that I will suddenly vomit in relatives' house.

I agree that being employed, can be abit hard to keep missing work. I need to stay at home for the whole of these 3 days but I really no choice, the moment I get on some form of transport to go work, I m pretty sure I will just end up vomiting. Sigh.

In my 14th week but my MS has worsen over the past few days. I vomited almost everything that I swallowed, even water. I feel so tired and nausea and having a headache. I wonder how to enjoy my CNY. I am also afraid that I will suddenly vomit in relatives' house.

I agree that being employed, can be abit hard to keep missing work. I need to stay at home for the whole of these 3 days but I really no choice, the moment I get on some form of transport to go work, I m pretty sure I will just end up vomiting. Sigh.

oh dear hope it wil be over soon! yeah i find water q hard to take since first tri, and i have resorted to making a huge bottle of cold honey water to ensure I stay hydrated. q easy, even a table spoon mixed with a huge flask of water works. fussy little one lor
if not cant try ribena .. i try to make it as dilute as possible so its not too sweet.

for nausea on transport, it happened to me only when I take a long bus ride if I dont take hubby car to work when I need more sleep, so I bought a pair of Sea Bands from Guardian and they seem to work! then have 2 things ready in ur purse-- mints and those vicks nose inhaler in case u get a smelly person in front of u, really can make u wanna die.

Hello mummies!!!! Hav been following the thread.. but cant contribute...damn xin ku!!! Finally I am allowed to talk abt it as my 1st trim is over! I'm at 13 weeks now.. due date is 18 august..

I hav been nausea since day 1 until now.. no appetite as well.. everyday pop sour plum that make me feel better. I got motion sickness man! Take mrt car taxi.. really wan my life.. hope this phrase can faster b over soon!!!

Mummy3 Jay... I hav pm you.. can add me in fb?

Happy Chinese new yr everyone!!!

Take care. Better to stay at home cuz u may have giddy spells too

me too.. i read that in 2nd trimester we are supposed to feel more energetic.. but im still v tired every morning. especially after many many nightmares/vivid dreams through the night.

i dunno if I should be thankful I am now self-employed.. i miss my fixed salary a lot as I am new to the business! but on one hand I also know it can be difficult to get bosses and colleagues' understanding for absence and at least now i get to sleep in on my own timing.

I really salute the working mummies, feel so lethargic and tired. On my non active days, I just feel like nua on bed.

Let me guess, are u insurance agent/blogshop seller?

If so, post your link here. Those who are keen can support support :)

I hope you are feeling better!! I still have mild ms now and it can really affects my mood.

Have a good rest at home.

I still have it despite being in the 19th week now. Feeling so tired and edgy, I m laying on my sweet bed now, trying to take a noon nap

I dreaded the CNY, hot weather and still have to make small talks and entertain my relatives. Reminded me of the uneventful China trip with them during my 1st tri, feel so tired and still have to accompany them for ktv singing till wee hours. ><"

hi babe,

Hope u dun mind me asking.. Your menses is not quite regular is it?

U no morning sickness all these while?

Waha I know a friend who only found out in her 7th month!!

She say she was still bf her 2nd child and cause she's fleshy and too tired with her 2 young toddlers, she never notice the symptoms.

She went only check up when she keep getting constant pain in the tummy...tats when the gynae want to knock her head and tell her that bb's already in 7th month!!

I told her if I could breeze through the pregnancy like her, I won't mind to have babies lo .....

Hello mummies!!!! Hav been following the thread.. but cant contribute...damn xin ku!!! Finally I am allowed to talk abt it as my 1st trim is over! I'm at 13 weeks now.. due date is 18 august..

I hav been nausea since day 1 until now.. no appetite as well.. everyday pop sour plum that make me feel better. I got motion sickness man! Take mrt car taxi.. really wan my life.. hope this phrase can faster b over soon!!!

Mummy3 Jay... I hav pm you.. can add me in fb?7

Congrats to u entering the 2nd tri and now u can post to yr heart's content :D

Happy New Year too ;)

Mummy3 Jay... I hav pm you.. can add me in fb?

Our due date quite near.. Heehee... My nausea has lessen since 2 weeks ago.... bear with it a while I think it will be gone soon...

Is there a fb group? Can add me too?

hi babe,

Hope u dun mind me asking.. Your menses is not quite regular is it?

U no morning sickness all these while?

It's ok np asking.. Last month I bled so I thought my menses came but now it's been confirmed it wasn't AF. And last month I was hospitalized for stomach flu.. So I really thought I was just under the weather, and I didn't suspect anything until I missed my menses this month...

I really salute the working mummies, feel so lethargic and tired. On my non active days, I just feel like nua on bed.

Let me guess, are u insurance agent/blogshop seller?

If so, post your link here. Those who are keen can support support :)

<"

haha thanks! Im actually newly entering commercial property (offices, retail etc). whole new change after 8 years of administration work. hubby wants me to change because the previous job wasnt allowing me to sleep well for months in a year due to the super late nights. but didnt know we will conceive almost days into this new job because we were not planning to! haha.
I choose to think she is a blessing from God and that perhaps this period I can really concentrate on being a better wife. though we cant buy things frivolously now (we used to really spend a lot on clothes i dont wear, luxury items, gadgets -- he has >8 handphones at one time!),but i think it has been years since I can really pay a close listening ear to my hubby work problems, because in the past he used to think that I am in a much worse work environment and always listening to my problems. and I am always too sleep deprived to pay attention to him. so in a way, less $ but happier now.

Any newly self-employed mommies or new SAHM? we can support each other!

Waha I know a friend who only found out in her 7th month!!

She say she was still bf her 2nd child and cause she's fleshy and too tired with her 2 young toddlers, she never notice the symptoms.

She went only check up when she keep getting constant pain in the tummy...tats when the gynae want to knock her head and tell her that bb's already in 7th month!!

I told her if I could breeze through the pregnancy like her, I won't mind to have babies lo .....

Hahaha now I only have like 3 months + to prepare everything! Rushed to Gynae yesterday and did scan as well as harmony test everything on the same visit. Lol even my Gynae was surprised when he scanned, so big already! I was supposed to see him last month as I just had Myomectomy but I didn't as I was hospitalized for stomach flu (which was a complete nightmare being on drip etc), and then now when I rushed to see my Gynae... He found out I'm already in week 11!
Yup I also salute working mums! And yes this is my #1!

haha thanks! Im actually newly entering commercial property (offices, retail etc). whole new change after 8 years of administration work. hubby wants me to change because the previous job wasnt allowing me to sleep well for months in a year due to the super late nights. but didnt know we will conceive almost days into this new job because we were not planning to! haha.
I choose to think she is a blessing from God and that perhaps this period I can really concentrate on being a better wife. though we cant buy things frivolously now (we used to really spend a lot on clothes i dont wear, luxury items, gadgets -- he has >8 handphones at one time!),but i think it has been years since I can really pay a close listening ear to my hubby work problems, because in the past he used to think that I am in a much worse work environment and always listening to my problems. and I am always too sleep deprived to pay attention to him. so in a way, less $ but happier now.

Any newly self-employed mommies or new SAHM? we can support each other!

Yup self-employed here.. Moved out of corporate 1.5 years back :) can't say I miss the hours!

Yup self-employed here.. Moved out of corporate 1.5 years back :) can't say I miss the hours!

yeah! i guess in any situation we just have to focus on the good things

if im paid now I will be thankful every payday, and the things i can buy
but if self-employed, think more of the things money cant buy. and the things that time can give you

Have been inactive in biz due to the pregnancy and I am thinking i dont have many months more to chiong, just in case too heavy or tired nearing birth, then taking a few months off after that-- self-declared maternity leave.

working mums also have a challenge-- i noticed many bosses now like to call moms on maternity leave back to work early! asking them to claim the remaining later on ad hoc basis
I have a friend who kept doing that to her staff now, cos she is a workaholic and always perceiving everything at work to be a crisis. I have always been asking her to take it easy, as I was in a similar line as hers and I know that sometimes workload from management isnt as heavy as she likes to imagine it to be. once she asked me to help her with a report that she thinks will need a week, end up i completed it in a day.
so its also a source of pressure. working moms need to be prepared.

I hope it wouldn't be too hard to juggle.. So far my boss has been quite nice...asking me to go off if I feel too tired at work... Took mc a few times past month due to MS... I think Aug is a great time to give birth... combine ML and AL to take the rest of the year off and return to work in 2016..!

Hahaha now I only have like 3 months + to prepare everything! Rushed to Gynae yesterday and did scan as well as harmony test everything on the same visit. Lol even my Gynae was surprised when he scanned, so big already! I was supposed to see him last month as I just had Myomectomy but I didn't as I was hospitalized for stomach flu (which was a complete nightmare being on drip etc), and then now when I rushed to see my Gynae... He found out I'm already in week 11!
Yup I also salute working mums! And yes this is my #1!

btw this is your no.2? maybe still okay, less things to buy?
i just mapped out what to buy over the next few months, for us is no.1 .. so many things, but seems manageable. just settle the baby room first, buy storage, then start buying small items that wont gather dust

I hope it wouldn't be too hard to juggle.. So far my boss has been quite nice...asking me to go off if I feel too tired at work... Took mc a few times past month due to MS... I think Aug is a great time to give birth... combine ML and AL to take the rest of the year off and return to work in 2016..!

blessing to have understanding and family oriented boss! yeah Aug is good, most likely can spend a lovely xmas with our new little ones

yeah! i guess in any situation we just have to focus on the good things

if im paid now I will be thankful every payday, and the things i can buy
but if self-employed, think more of the things money cant buy. and the things that time can give you

Have been inactive in biz due to the pregnancy and I am thinking i dont have many months more to chiong, just in case too heavy or tired nearing birth, then taking a few months off after that-- self-declared maternity leave.

working mums also have a challenge-- i noticed many bosses now like to call moms on maternity leave back to work early! asking them to claim the remaining later on ad hoc basis
I have a friend who kept doing that to her staff now, cos she is a workaholic and always perceiving everything at work to be a crisis. I have always been asking her to take it easy, as I was in a similar line as hers and I know that sometimes workload from management isnt as heavy as she likes to imagine it to be. once she asked me to help her with a report that she thinks will need a week, end up i completed it in a day.
so its also a source of pressure. working moms need to be prepared.

Yup honestly there are pros and cons on both sides. Since I'm self employed I'll make the most of it. Money isn't stable but I guess it all depends on priorities. I wouldn't say what I earn now is less than when I was in corporate, but then again I never really minded. Guess I've been lucky and hubby is not doing too badly. After almost a decade of being married, we are happy to be blessed with this news, and to be able to move on to another phase in life together... The only thing is probably we will have to travel less in future!

btw this is your no.2? maybe still okay, less things to buy?
i just mapped out what to buy over the next few months, for us is no.1 .. so many things, but seems manageable. just settle the baby room first, buy storage, then start buying small items that wont gather dust

Haha it's my #1!! We have the room ready but there's so much else to be done!!

Yup honestly there are pros and cons on both sides. Since I'm self employed I'll make the most of it. Money isn't stable but I guess it all depends on priorities. I wouldn't say what I earn now is less than when I was in corporate, but then again I never really minded. Guess I've been lucky and hubby is not doing too badly. After almost a decade of being married, we are happy to be blessed with this news, and to be able to move on to another phase in life together... The only thing is probably we will have to travel less in future!

I'm self-employed too. And a few more I know in whatsapp chat group.

As I'm having #1 as well, I have a lot to learn from experienced mummies here and also to manage biz. I'm definitely looking forward to spending lotsa quality time with bb in the future.

I'm self-employed too. And a few more I know in whatsapp chat group.

As I'm having #1 as well, I have a lot to learn from experienced mummies here and also to manage biz. I'm definitely looking forward to spending lotsa quality time with bb in the future.

Nice to meet you :)
Is it ok for me to be included in the whatsapp chat group too?

What have you ladies bought so far? I haven't started buying any baby stuff or preparing the room yet.. Not sure where to start.. Should we wait to know gender first?

Back