(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Have but I think pretty common for preggy to have discharge.

But to lash it out really feel so shiok .... waha ....

Now I m immune, like that happier .. to speak out our mind and at the same time not to bother about what the gossip mongers say. Life is so much happier.

As long as u eat healthy food, doesn't matter if there are minimal weight gain.

U manage to pm her?

I've pm her but no news yet.

Hi all, anyone planning to engage a live in maid once the baby comes? I'm a full time working mum and my parents and in laws are overseas so will have little to no support once I return to work. Baby will likely go into infant care after my ML.
I'm just wondering if a maid will help make things more "manageable" at home by cleaning and cooking esp after work when we are tired. I don't like the loss of privacy though. Any experienced moms have advice on this?

My gf has a live in maid and there's no one at home daytime - her child goes to full day childcare. She's very happy with this arrangement apparently. Say if both parents can't pick up the child by 7, then the maid can do that, especially for those without assistance from grandparents.

Engaging a part time helper will yield cost savings. Right now, I'm using that.

I am 13 weeks+ 2 days today and this morning discovered brown spotting on my panty liner. Should I be worried?

Brown spotting means the bleeding probably started a while back, as brown means old blood. Perhaps there's no more bleeding inside now, perhaps there still will be. Bleeding may cause infection etc. So I guess if you feel you can wait, you may observe and see if the brown spotting starts to get lesser within the day. If u are feeling unease, I would recommend to consult your gynea to get a piece of mind.

If spotting is red, it's best to see gynea asap as different person's body may react differently.

Some of my friends will get spotting throughout their pregnancy and usually triggered by something. This gf of mine, if she was to carry anythg slightly heavier, she will get spotting, even a laptop.

Nonetheless, I feel it's safer to consult gynea to ensure the safety of our little ones, it's better to err on the side of caution.

Just to share another example. When a pregger has already reached full term, and experienced spotting (be it red or brown), even though dilation hasn't started/ waterbag hasn't burst/ no contraction yet, some gynea will choose to induce birth. As they fear spotting could be a sign of infection and since full term already, might as well reduce the risk and induce birth.

It's hard for us to speculate why there's spotting. But we can get a peace of mind with gynea's assurance. Just my 2 cents :)

Hi i think it depends on a few factors. If your hubby is the hands on type you don't need a live in maid since your bb is going to infant care. The maid will be too free in the day time. Perhaps consider a part time to clean once a week?
Of cos it also depends on job nature of you and hubby. If one of you needs to work shift or travel frequently having a live in may actually be better since there is one more person on hand to help.
I have a live in cos we bring over to my mil daily so need someone to help her out. But it is a lot of trouble. Very hard to find committed ones that don't give trouble. I am now looking for a new one. My third one. So if given a choice i will not hire one. My grand plan is to stop hiring once kids go to preschool.
Just my thoughts...

My pt cleaner has been with us for many years, on and off. committed but getting more n more slack these days. It's very hard to find consistently good ones :( I'm planning to tahan and stick to her until full time maid comes in.

lol... pple will comment on anything, life is full of boredom for some. In fact ever since I've become sahm, I've kept my profile very low cos don't wanna be a topic of discussion amongst relatives. In fact, I've a few sahm cousins, 1 is kinda quite high profile and always hear gossips about her, not that she's done anything wrong, just that pple likes to talk. ah well...

I'm trying to gain weight now cos lost abt 2kg since. Still no appetite but I'm trying my very utmost best to finish my meals. In between I'll have oatmeals, fruits, nuts, bread, etc.
Yea. People are too bored.. My mil is a major gossip monger aand complains about everything. My husband says his mom needs hobbies that does not include shopping, mahjong and gossip. Lol. I don't outwardly agree with him cos I don't want to encourage his fury at his mom but I don't disagree either!

Has your ms stopped? I've stopped vomiting but food aversions is ridiculous. Food court smell turn me off big time.

I am 13 weeks+ 2 days today and this morning discovered brown spotting on my panty liner. Should I be worried?

My gynae did the scan for me at 12 weeks and told me that there's bleeding around the womb. Asked me only to go back to him only when it's red with clots.

Soon enough, on the 13th weeks, there's brown discharge for 1 day. I just leave it.

I've pm her but no news yet.

Keke okok I let her know.

@Piggling, how not to be moody when there's fatigue and ms.

I hope to regain my energy soon. Try to take food in smaller intake, won't feel so bloated.

Yea. People are too bored.. My mil is a major gossip monger aand complains about everything. My husband says his mom needs hobbies that does not include shopping, mahjong and gossip. Lol. I don't outwardly agree with him cos I don't want to encourage his fury at his mom but I don't disagree either!

Has your ms stopped? I've stopped vomiting but food aversions is ridiculous. Food court smell turn me off big time.

Just switch off and filter out everything that she say. Sometimes my mum did that and keep repeat, think being a housewife is too free.

Me too... when i walked through Chinatown especially the China food lane. I seriously felt like wan to vomit. That feel is horrible.

My pt cleaner has been with us for many years, on and off. committed but getting more n more slack these days. It's very hard to find consistently good ones :( I'm planning to tahan and stick to her until full time maid comes in.
True good help is hard to come by nowadays. Live ins may have problems too. Any comments on how to pick a good live in maid? I guess sometimes it's blind luck...hard to tell from profile or biodata.

Sneak preview of a pre natal yoga class that my friend is attending now, she send me this pic. If u gals r interested, is located at Tong Bahru.

IMG-20150204-WA0002.jpg

True good help is hard to come by nowadays. Live ins may have problems too. Any comments on how to pick a good live in maid? I guess sometimes it's blind luck...hard to tell from profile or biodata.
I think maids are really a matter of luck. From biodata you can only filter out those who change employer very frequently. My first maid changed 7 employers within like 2 years but agency din show it to me during selection. If you looking for experienced ones you can insist to look at their past records. It is your right.
The rest depends really on luck. Some say find older better cos more mature but maybe more stubborn. Some say find single better cos with young kids and hubby a lot of baggage but they also need money more. Mine has 2 kids but still wants to go back cos hubby insist so i will try single next time.
When during interview ask whether got food allergies. My first had allergies to prawns so it was such a hassle and she kept falling sick which is not good since got baby at home.
The phone and off day issue you also need to consider. Must be agreed upfront.
Hope you find a suitable one.

My sis recently gave birth to no.2 and my parents were deployed to help, kinda on standby basis. As my folks are used to their carefree lifestyle, hence now living like semi caged birds, definitely has cramped their style, especially my dad's. He has been quite moody recently because of boredom mostly we feel. I really hope my sis can find a good childcare solution soon before my dad goes ballistic. Conclusion, boredom is bad bad bad...

I don't puke now, don't feel as lousy as before but still not very good appetite. I don't dare to step foot into food places too...the puking feeling will come very soon.

It's good you have stopped to puke, that's so awful esp the build up to it :(

Sneak preview of a pre natal yoga class that my friend is attending now, she send me this pic. If u gals r interested, is located at Tong Bahru.

View attachment 481947

heee looks scary....The one at orchard rd that I used, has these apparatus too. They are good support I reckon. It's nice to stretch the back and spine...goes a long way. You know how we thought it's normal to feel these aches and pains (will get more pronounced as our tummy gets bigger). Prenatal yoga will help to alleviate these and provide longer term benefits as a result.

But honestly I do feel a good jamu massage plus plenty of lying in bed during confinement is extremely important too. It's quite unbelievable how much strains our bodies get put through during this period. Hence a bit of pampering indeed isn't a luxury at all, if we look at the longer term health benefits that come outta it.

Healthy mummy = happier mummy = happy motherhood journey :)

1 thing I've learn is that, we need to look after ourselves well before we can look after others. When my baby is sick, I can nurse her back to health. When I'm sick, the whole world seems to have collapsed especially the initial months. So it's good to stay healthy and strong :)

I think maids are really a matter of luck. From biodata you can only filter out those who change employer very frequently. My first maid changed 7 employers within like 2 years but agency din show it to me during selection. If you looking for experienced ones you can insist to look at their past records. It is your right.
The rest depends really on luck. Some say find older better cos more mature but maybe more stubborn. Some say find single better cos with young kids and hubby a lot of baggage but they also need money more. Mine has 2 kids but still wants to go back cos hubby insist so i will try single next time.
When during interview ask whether got food allergies. My first had allergies to prawns so it was such a hassle and she kept falling sick which is not good since got baby at home.
The phone and off day issue you also need to consider. Must be agreed upfront.
Hope you find a suitable one.

gosh I'm seriously procrastinating thinking abt maid... :(

Thanks for the advice. I'm clueless when it comes to maid. I can only pray for the best.

btw for prenatal yoga. not all will have to go through tough-looking positions. usually only the more seasoned ones will go all the way... :)

usually the instructors will tailor to students needs. as some may have low lying placenta or tailbone problem etc.

good instructors will go through with individuals to understand the status of their pregnancy. then when it comes to doing certain exercises, will modify accordingly.

oh, and definitely have to clear with gynea before starting prenatal yoga. cos different people has different conditions. in general, I heard gynea discourages those with low lying placenta.

heee looks scary....The one at orchard rd that I used, has these apparatus too. They are good support I reckon. It's nice to stretch the back and spine...goes a long way. You know how we thought it's normal to feel these aches and pains (will get more pronounced as our tummy gets bigger). Prenatal yoga will help to alleviate these and provide longer term benefits as a result.

But honestly I do feel a good jamu massage plus plenty of lying in bed during confinement is extremely important too. It's quite unbelievable how much strains our bodies get put through during this period. Hence a bit of pampering indeed isn't a luxury at all, if we look at the longer term health benefits that come outta it.

1 thing I've learn is that, we need to look after ourselves well before we can look after others. When my baby is sick, I can nurse her back to health. When I'm sick, the whole world seems to have collapsed especially the initial months. So it's good to stay healthy and strong :)

I think i will choose swim and pre natal massage instead :D
When I do the headstand, always fall and bang on the floor, quite clumsy.
I will opt for jamu massage too, lost quite abit of weight + bf.
I think with bf, will be quite hard to rest. Bb need to be latched and we need to pump frequently.
Hopefully with experience, this time will be be smoother than the previous one. :D

@Piggling, how not to be moody when there's fatigue and ms.

I hope to regain my energy soon. Try to take food in smaller intake, won't feel so bloated.

Just switch off and filter out everything that she say. Sometimes my mum did that and keep repeat, think being a housewife is too free.

Me too... when i walked through Chinatown especially the China food lane. I seriously felt like wan to vomit. That feel is horrible.

Yah lo, v hard not to be moody at times...
I seem to be able to swallow food better liao... I am surprised, like the after-taste seems to be much much better but some smells will still turn me off and vomiting still can happen. But at least can eat somethings.

The poses in sane's photo look quite tough to achieve but must be shiok to stretch the back, but I think I don't dare to do until so scary. lol.

So your think jamu massage is good? Any idea how many sessions we should sign up for? I see other threads, many recommendations, don't know which one to go to.

I absolutely agree with you that we really need to take care of ourselves first then can take care of others. If we are the mummies are weak then how to care for our babies in the long run when they need night feeds or fall sick.

Haiz.. Just want to rant...

Actually I lost weight, but I got tummy. So today a colleague (A) who knows about me being preggie, told me that another colleague (B) approached her and asked her about me because B feels that I put on weight liao (or maybe she use the word fat). I feel v upset leh, I know it is normal la, but I don't feel I put on that much weight (except tummy) then I just don't understand why some women can talk until so tactless. Maybe because this kaypoh colleague has never been pregnant before so just anyhow shoot off her mouth. I think maybe is my hormones, so I feel kind of sad.

Somemore is like have been battling with MS and have lost abit of weight so it was really a torture and struggle lately then hear people said like that, just feel very sensitive about it.

:(

Sometimes we feel we look the same..

But others may spot the difference in us..

Like my hubby can see the difference in my face.. He say my face like more chubby.. I look in the mirror & keep saying 'sure anot, where got???!!' ..

Then he say 'okok very slim not chubby' .. Haha..

Maybe she did not use the word 'fat' .. U think too much lah..

She pregnant or never pregnant before, she still will speculate one

Actually I lost weight, but I got tummy. So today a colleague (A) who knows about me being preggie, told me that another colleague (B) approached her and asked her about me because B feels that I put on weight liao (or maybe she use the word fat). I feel v upset leh, I know it is normal la, but I don't feel I put on that much weight (except tummy) then I just don't understand why some women can talk until so tactless. Maybe because this kaypoh colleague has never been pregnant before so just anyhow shoot off her mouth. I think maybe is my hormones, so I feel kind of sad.

Somemore is like have been battling with MS and have lost abit of weight so it was really a torture and struggle lately then hear people said like that, just feel very sensitive about it.

Tmr i gg for genetic scan by Dr Ananda..

My gynae clinic had faxed over my harmony test result to dr ananada.

Thou my harmony results is normal, i still feel o_O cos i duno wat to expect from the detailed scan..

Sometimes we feel we look the same..

But others may spot the difference in us..

Like my hubby can see the difference in my face.. He say my face like more chubby.. I look in the mirror & keep saying 'sure anot, where got???!!' ..

Then he say 'okok very slim not chubby' .. Haha..

Maybe she did not use the word 'fat' .. U think too much lah..

She pregnant or never pregnant before, she still will speculate one

Even if can spot the difference, can be more tactful.
When my colleague conveyed the message, she used the word 'fat'. Just that I trying to think for her that maybe she did not really mean fat. But nvm.
Anyway, none of her business to speculate. Not as if she will contribute to my baby's living expense.

There are really such people - they somehow forget that the company is paying them to do a job instead of scrutinizing every one's body and pounce to gossip once they detect an additional inch somewhere.

there is a word for them - LOSERS.

just rem that you are gonna be a mummy soon and you will have the most precious gift in the world while that person, mother or not a mother, is still going to be a loser who obsess over others

:)!

There are really such people - they somehow forget that the company is paying them to do a job instead of scrutinizing every one's body and pounce to gossip once they detect an additional inch somewhere.

there is a word for them - LOSERS.

just rem that you are gonna be a mummy soon and you will have the most precious gift in the world while that person, mother or not a mother, is still going to be a loser who obsess over others

:)!

Yah, there are always people who will say, ahh you too fat, or ahh you too thin, must eat more. Really don't need that kind of scrutiny now.
Thanks for consoling me. :)

Thou my harmony results is normal, i still feel o_O cos i duno wat to expect from the detailed scan..
Must have the result than can go the the scan? Are u doing the NT scan.. went to his site. Not sure wat is the difference between NT scan and genetic scan? Both to be done between 13 to 14 week?

Yah, there are always people who will say, ahh you too fat, or ahh you too thin, must eat more. Really don't need that kind of scrutiny now.
Thanks for consoling me. :)

exactly everything also can say.
in fact i was glad to have left my first company where i stayed for 5 years. I loved the ppl there, they were like family, but in a way TOO MUCH like a family. I got married towards the end and for the year leading after that, they were constantly on "baby watch" when I wasnt even ready to have kids.

So yea i put on a lil of weight, all the aunties and machiks start asking "baby? dont have?".. there are like >50 of them.
Not planning to concieve will also feel infertile lo wa piang

Is the genetic scan the same as oscars? Tot harmony test would be good enough? I was thinking if I need to do oscars too since my harmony test results is normal.

Maybe u feel moody, tats y got annoyed when u hear all these. I can't get rid of the very sian feel. My frd has been asking me to go kopi now but I rather go my mum's house or home to play with my pets.

My friend also say I put on weight, butt sagged and I can feel I am expanding everywhere but never mind la ... bb comes first.
We can always lose weight after birth, I don't mind to put on weight now. :)

any moms to be staying west, or in hillview?

not planning for >1 kid so will need playdate!.. and most of my friends not married/ not having kids so my kid's gonna be a lonely one. Sg is really in trouble siah -- my group ladies all above 30yo

Me me! I'm staying in Bukit Batok. :)

Harmony test result is 98% accurate compared to oscars results which is 90% ..

So mtb only do harmony test if oscars results is not favourable. Not the other way round.

I wanna do genentic scan cos cos dr ananada uses a more 'powerful' scan machine to see deep into bb organs like heart, limbs etc...

Harmony test does not tel u if bb missing a kidney or whatever..

Is the genetic scan the same as oscars? Tot harmony test would be good enough? I was thinking if I need to do oscars too since my harmony test results is normal.

Nurse tel me if have harmony test result would be better.. So maybe dr ananda can refer lah..

She say no have also is okay, but she say since i alrdy done it, might as well just bring it along..

But my gynae appt is late feb, so tat means i have to make a trip to go down to take the report & then go dr ananada clinic, which i was abit 'lazy' ..

Luckily dr ananada's nurse say she can call my gynae & ask them fax over. I called today & ya, tey alrdy hv my report from my gynae..

Must have the result than can go the the scan? Are u doing the NT scan.. went to his site. Not sure wat is the difference between NT scan and genetic scan? Both to be done between 13 to 14 week?

I not sure if dr ananda would be doing the Nt scan on me or there will be other types of scan available.

I believe whatever scan he is doing, should be able to tel me more info about the bb organs.

I in my 14weeks alrdy, so i believe the scan can provide more info abt the bb..

Maybe tmr evening when i come back i will update è procedure

I not sure if dr ananda would be doing the Nt scan on me or there will be other types of scan available.

I believe whatever scan he is doing, should be able to tel me more info about the bb organs.

I in my 14weeks alrdy, so i believe the scan can provide more info abt the bb..

Maybe tmr evening when i come back i will update è procedure
Ok.. Thanks to update.. so when do u call to make appointment? I heard he is quite fully booked..

Ladies, my friend is able to teach prenatal yoga. Location will be east side. The studio is in Siglap. Looking at $280 for 10 sessions. Anyone interested?

My hubby keep saying preg have valid reason to put on wt. u r preg, so normal for tummy to reveal. These ppl really got nothing to do... she should envy / jealous u tat u r preg. I also put on a lot of wt. Before ppl say i fat, i self admit. Haha! Fat fat lo.. my hubby still love me n i have a happy family.

exactly everything also can say.
in fact i was glad to have left my first company where i stayed for 5 years. I loved the ppl there, they were like family, but in a way TOO MUCH like a family. I got married towards the end and for the year leading after that, they were constantly on "baby watch" when I wasnt even ready to have kids.

So yea i put on a lil of weight, all the aunties and machiks start asking "baby? dont have?".. there are like >50 of them.
Not planning to concieve will also feel infertile lo wa piang

Yah, though they may think that they mean well but saying is easy, receiving end tends to feel stressed. So many people asking, really can be v stressed. I experienced that when I first got married too.

Maybe u feel moody, tats y got annoyed when u hear all these. I can't get rid of the very sian feel. My frd has been asking me to go kopi now but I rather go my mum's house or home to play with my pets.

My friend also say I put on weight, butt sagged and I can feel I am expanding everywhere but never mind la ... bb comes first.
We can always lose weight after birth, I don't mind to put on weight now. :)

You are right! Baby is no.1! Maybe like too sudden to hear of this and v straightforward so like caught by shock.

You still feel v sian? Then just do whatever makes you feel better. If going to your mum's hse or play with pets let you relax better then go ahead. :)

My hubby keep saying preg have valid reason to put on wt. u r preg, so normal for tummy to reveal. These ppl really got nothing to do... she should envy / jealous u tat u r preg. I also put on a lot of wt. Before ppl say i fat, i self admit. Haha! Fat fat lo.. my hubby still love me n i have a happy family.

Haha, good one! You are right! We cant help it if we put on weight, we are carrying a life afterall. :)
My husband said, just tell people i 发福。He said also is 福 mah! Lol!

Thanks ladies for all the consolation. Recollect my feelongs and feel better le. :)

I call last week maybe on wed or thursday..

1 week before lor..

Nurse will ask u when is your lmp so she will roughly know when to schedule u..

Cos too early organs not fully formed.

So keep a look out for my updates tmr :p

Ok.. Thanks to update.. so when do u call to make appointment? I heard he is quite fully booked..

Haha, good one! You are right! We cant help it if we put on weight, we are carrying a life afterall. :)
My husband said, just tell people i 发福。He said also is 福 mah! Lol!

Thanks ladies for all the consolation. Recollect my feelongs and feel better le. :)
My hubby relative also said i fat. One auntie worse. Said even before i have my child i am already fat. How direct these aunties are... her 3 daughters all slim slim even after childbirth. But i can see they got tummy too.
whatever... they wan to bad mouth ppl they will have karma... juz ignore them.

My hubby relative also said i fat. One auntie worse. Said even before i have my child i am already fat. How direct these aunties are... her 3 daughters all slim slim even after childbirth. But i can see they got tummy too.

Wah lao! Why the auntie talk like that? My mil also tell me, it is normal to have tummy after giving birth. Some people slim down easily so go round saying people. No good. Yah, really will have karma 1.

Wah lao! Why the auntie talk like that? My mil also tell me, it is normal to have tummy after giving birth. Some people slim down easily so go round saying people. No good. Yah, really will have karma 1.
I take it lightly if ppl want to say. After my first one my tummy very big when i went back to work. A few ask if i have second one haha. But i know they dun mean harm so i just take it lightly and laugh...

Ladies, my friend is able to teach prenatal yoga. Location will be east side. The studio is in Siglap. Looking at $280 for 10 sessions. Anyone interested?
Interested but my foundation is not good. I will ask my gynae next week when i see him. But i can only do weekends...

All the best. You have been looking forward to this, I'm sure you'll ace it :)

Last edited:

Hugz... some people really 'shake head'

But I do agree that this preggy hormones doesn't help. When I watch sad scenes on tv, tears will roll down very easily, never been like this before my first preggy. I think I never really fully recover from this and now with preggy no.2, the tears are getting worse again lol...

listen to some nice music...watch a funny movie etc and try to ignore these comments :)

Aunties mah. Like to kaypo n talk nonsense.
initially was mad at them. After tat i hack care. i think the tummy v difficult to go away.. maybe massage n wrap might help.

Sigh some aunties are really just too damn bored and bitter. Must be insecure about something that they must try and make others feel bad in order for themselves to feel good. Pathetic. Yes just ignore their rude asses!

Weight gain is normal. We need to gain a healthy amount of weight to provide for our babies. Breastfeeding, good balanced diet and exercise helps with weight loss for sure but there will be changes in our body that will be there no matter what - stretch marks, scars, loose skin.. Those are our motherhood "badges" and "battlescars"! Each mark tells a story of the baby we carried. We should wear them proudly. Cheer up mommies!

Interested but my foundation is not good. I will ask my gynae next week when i see him. But i can only do weekends...
Oh... It's actually a weekday class! :( anyway, this is a new class in her schedule so she's she's able to do weekend, i'll definitely let you know.

Back