(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

You are very postive, really good. My hubby alway say all my thoughts are negative.. I really hope I can change my mindset during these few mths so that my baby can be a happier baby. I have to keep telling myself money is not everything.. At least for the next few mths, I m free of work stress n can enjoy my time after working so hard for the past decade. And I can also concentrate on my online business, start since last year with a friend n did not pay a lot of attention to it thus no really making money.keke
I'm in the same situation as you, resigned from work after working for 8 yrs, last day 6th march...i'm also not sure if resigning will make me happier or more stressed about money haha so contradicting, I've been low in mood as well, hopefully I can find something more fulfilling to do during this period before I pop!

I wasn't prescribed any fish oil by my gyane. He gave me multi vitamins instead. Should I buy fish oil to eat? But last time our mummies didn't take fish oil or DHA and we all turned out okay leh.

But fish oil is for bb brain development. Maybe because my mum didn't take that is why I always fail my maths in school. Hahahaha!

A bit worried about overdosing on vitamins since most supplements have more than 1 vitamins in them. If I take a few then certain vitamins I will be exceeding.

my gynae gave me fish oil during 1st tri

Hi Mummies, I was sharing this on our fb group. i know some have not join so i will share here as well

those who have not sign up http://***************/strutyourbump

On 8 March, If we have 10 or more mummies.. can get sponsored tix!! Got Mrs Wong Boh Boi's breastfeeding talk.. have goodie bag.. u all can see pregnancy workout. and brunch and dessert provided.. at end there is a big big baby shower party

So comment here. Once hit 10 I let them know. We have around 9 for mummies aug fb group

Hai.. My boss just call me, he saw n accept my resignation but want me to fly to Cambodia for one week to hand over to him. And want me to do a lot reports to him for the handover.. Stressed !!! I can't rejected him say I don want to fly cos he say need my help here.. Don't know if my hubby going to let me go or not cos till now still got cramps but no spotting already. How how!!

I wasn't prescribed any fish oil by my gyane. He gave me multi vitamins instead. Should I buy fish oil to eat? But last time our mummies didn't take fish oil or DHA and we all turned out okay leh.

But fish oil is for bb brain development. Maybe because my mum didn't take that is why I always fail my maths in school. Hahahaha!

A bit worried about overdosing on vitamins since most supplements have more than 1 vitamins in them. If I take a few then certain vitamins I will be exceeding.

Don't take too much, really. Too much vitamins can cause intoxication. Your body cannot function like normal.

I have plenty of prenatal vitamins but not all are suitable for my body. I am cutting back to fish oil (DHA) and calcium. Even then I don't take everyday. As for multivits, I take the kid's ones which is mild for my body but good enough for baby.

The rule is don't over do it.

Hey, don't be upset. I realised that many friends, relatives, well wishers tend to judge us quite harshly. Seems that if we even think of other alternatives means we won't be good mothers. It happened to me so often.

I was asked who will take care of my baby if I am going back to work. Then I said I am not sure. Since my MIL passed away and my mum didn't wanna take care. So I said maybe get a trusty maid or infant care. I was immediately told that I am very irresponsible and that I should quit my job to be a stay home mum.

Then comes the breastfeeding part. I said that I don't have a decision yet. Maybe breastfeeding maybe formula. Wah! Immediately kena that I am not a good mother since I am considering formula instead of breastfeeding. I myself drink formula since my mum not enough breast milk. Not as if I don't know the benefits of breastfeeding.

I haven't even really decided on anything yet but I was made to feel guilty about even thinking of other alternatives. I got really fed up after a while.

Don't feel guilty. It is your life. You decide what you want.

When I decided to only have 1 child. Everyone fired like machine gun. The usual nonsense. But I just snapped back, "if you guys want 1 more, go give birth yourself." I won't get pregnant again, even if I were to want another child, I would consider surrogates. This stir another round of judgement.

It is your body and your life. You don't owe them anything. Don't need to bother.

$60 is higher than buying in DFS right :D
Really...? I am not so sure, but I checked the price at NTUC, for 70 ml, it's cost about S$ 70+ if I am not wrong.
Mine is 1 little, so I let go S$ 60.00 thinks it's reasonable, I hope can have more feedback from others mummies.
Thank you

Hi all MTBs, any recommendations for Harmony Test? As my gynae quoted me 3k before GST. It's quite ex, I passed my Oscar but feel unsecured too...:)

Hai.. My boss just call me, he saw n accept my resignation but want me to fly to Cambodia for one week to hand over to him. And want me to do a lot reports to him for the handover.. Stressed !!! I can't rejected him say I don want to fly cos he say need my help here.. Don't know if my hubby going to let me go or not cos till now still got cramps but no spotting already. How how!!
It's up to you how you feel about your body. But with cramps seems a bit unsafe. Do you want to delay flying first until you are more stable?

You are very postive, really good. My hubby alway say all my thoughts are negative.. I really hope I can change my mindset during these few mths so that my baby can be a happier baby. I have to keep telling myself money is not everything.. At least for the next few mths, I m free of work stress n can enjoy my time after working so hard for the past decade. And I can also concentrate on my online business, start since last year with a friend n did not pay a lot of attention to it thus no really making money.keke

yes.. to be very real you will definitely go through ups and downs. The downs will be there because it is already quite a feat to anticipate the arrival of a baby and each time you think of a cost item , the guilt will strike. So keep the positive pointers on your side ready at hand and always always think of them. it can really lift up your mood and help getting us back on our feet.

I ventured into online biz once too! it is not easy definitely, lots of dedication and effort on your own time. but it is considerably lower risks and i guess it is just a matter of priorities -- ie now you may need the rest more and no point getting yourself overworked if your point of resigning in the first place is to avoid the stress getting to you. I think in terms of spending, we will adjust accordingly, and its not a bad thing because I guess i cant be spending that way for the rest of my life.. haha.. a part of me always knew it was not right. So.. still a good change

I'm in the same situation as you, resigned from work after working for 8 yrs, last day 6th march...i'm also not sure if resigning will make me happier or more stressed about money haha so contradicting, I've been low in mood as well, hopefully I can find something more fulfilling to do during this period before I pop!

yeah jia you jia you... you may find yourself happier at times so do try and remember how it feels. especially when you get to spend quality time with your family and realise that there were many things you were missing out on when you were busy working

also the fact that no doors are always closed. I also try to tell myself that if I really dont find this way of life suitable (no fixed income), i can always go back to a paid job after giving birth. so just have to be a little more budget conscious this period when it comes to spending.

I realised that MEALS are a very significant item in determining how much we spend a month! i dont know if anyone noticed. I used to step into restaurants every other day so each person dines for around $30-$50 a meal. after quitting, we tried places that are $5-$10 per pax and food is still good, and so much easier on the pockets by the month end. i guess in the past it was a therapy -- hey work sucks, bad mood, lets have something nice. but it drains so much $ in a month and I didnt realise it.

so .. will never go hungry one.. dont need to worry

Our Little Lamb is growing 14.5 weeks! My tummy is stretching and it's sooooo uncomfortable especially at night when I'm trying to sleep. Ugh. Thankfully it passes after a few days. I've also been using Bio Oil everyday after my shower to help with stretch marks.

I bought the DreamGenii from Mothercare, it does help but the fabric makes me itchy. Will probably have to sew a cover for it.

How's everyone else doing?

Hi maxlene, I think you should check with gynae first to be safe. Now with skype and email maybe have other alternative if it's better for you not to fly...

Actually I experienced the opposite which is also equally irritating. I have been slim so nobody says I'm fat. But slim also got problem. Some people tell me I must eat when I was suffering from MS and tell me how not eating is bad for my baby and I am irresponsible. It was depressing. Then even worse. They kept saying my hips are not big enough for natural birth, so angry to hear them say, "your baby sure need c-section one..." It is really very irritating. I just learn to ignore. Just talk to ppl who are more understanding.

One good thing about this forum is that you don't feel alone. Some times when pregnancy gets me down, I come to read the posts which always make me giggle.

Aiyo, why these people lidat 1?
Agree to just ignore them.
Nowadays people ask me natural or C-section, I just said as long as baby is healthy and can be born, I just accept whatever Heaven prepares for me. Some people may be got big butt but if the baby don't turn, also have to prepare for C-section.
Actually no matter natural or C-section, we are all mothers and mothers all try their best to give their kids what they need, so I feel the general public shouldn't always bring us down.
Don't worry, we all understand the pains of MS. I week 15, I still feeling the effects of MS. My gynae also can do nothing, ask me to try and give it a week or two, she said she do have patients who vomit till week 32.. hehe.

Hey, don't be upset. I realised that many friends, relatives, well wishers tend to judge us quite harshly. Seems that if we even think of other alternatives means we won't be good mothers. It happened to me so often.

I was asked who will take care of my baby if I am going back to work. Then I said I am not sure. Since my MIL passed away and my mum didn't wanna take care. So I said maybe get a trusty maid or infant care. I was immediately told that I am very irresponsible and that I should quit my job to be a stay home mum.

Then comes the breastfeeding part. I said that I don't have a decision yet. Maybe breastfeeding maybe formula. Wah! Immediately kena that I am not a good mother since I am considering formula instead of breastfeeding. I myself drink formula since my mum not enough breast milk. Not as if I don't know the benefits of breastfeeding.

I haven't even really decided on anything yet but I was made to feel guilty about even thinking of other alternatives. I got really fed up after a while.

Hugs... like what I told bullionairess in the earlier post, some people really too unforgiving to mothers. Mothers are already a very guilty lot of people because we constantly wonder if we made the right decisions for our children, we really don't need some people to make us feel worse.

I would say just go with your feel. If one really cannot do breastfeeding, no point forcing and make herself so miserable and unhappy until it affects the baby. If can breastfeed, then go ahead and just save some money. I also been trying to brainwash myself to just try and chill it out, don't be too stressed out, if not end up I become grumpy, who is going to suffer, but our hubby and baby?

I just tender my resignation letter yesterday after long dilemma for the past 2mths.. Had been working in this company for 12 years n really hard to come to this decision. But this job required me to fly frequently n causing a lot of mental stress to me cos I can't perform effectively due to pregnancy.

Really worry about being jobless, no income no saving.. All depend on my hubby income. Don't know if resigning will make me happier or become more depressed.. Haiz.

Hi Maxlene! I understand how you feel as I have the same worries as you now. even though the mathematics may tell us that hubby income is sufficient to support the family, there are still moments where I feel a little bad that all the burden is now on him, or whenever any one of us has to hold back purchasing something, which is a very stark contrast to our past spending habits.

During these moments I choose to think some positive thoughts:
- that it would have been worse to have to deal with other worries if I am now pregnant in my previous job. I believe this will work for you as you mentioned having mental stress plus all the flying. I think about how if I am still in my previous sleep/food-depriving stressful job I may end up suffering a miscarraige and by then, no amount of money would be able to compensate no matter what.
- positive support from family members
- much more time for husband and family now. I think my hubby and 2 dogs are the most happy with the very obvious change in me now that I am self-employed and a happier person. I am no longer tired, frustrated, complaining. Esp now I can listen more to hubby's problems and offer him the support.
- my house is cleaner and more organised now that I can afford more time on them. I still have my once-a week helper but the things i can do in between really makes the house so much more pleasant!
- also that God never gives us more than what we can handle. If we look into some of the little things going on, it is also ways that are helping us along. like chancing upon a good bundle promotion for the breast pump because I was honestly a little horrified at a machine like that costing close to $800 without even accesories.

In any case, we can always chat when we are down, offer each other support! feel free to pm me... Have lotsa faith meanwhile!

Thanks for the positive thoughts, Feather Duster!

maxlene and mlys, understand how your feel. I am contemplating to resign too. Was away for work for about week due to MS and I feel it is hard to catch up plus I am really not sure how family friendly here is going to be. I have been with my company for close to 5 years so I will also feel sad if I have to leave.
I think there are definitely pros and cons of resigning and loss of income is definitely one big concern for me too. But I really hope that my baby will be safe and healthy and I don't want to pass my stress to my baby so it is really dilemma.
But since your have decided, make the best out of it, have a good rest and just recharge! When the baby is out, you have loads to do and may not have the time to think about the smaller spending money, instead maybe you will try your best to save by going for great bargains! :)

Our Little Lamb is growing 14.5 weeks! My tummy is stretching and it's sooooo uncomfortable especially at night when I'm trying to sleep. Ugh. Thankfully it passes after a few days. I've also been using Bio Oil everyday after my shower to help with stretch marks.

I bought the DreamGenii from Mothercare, it does help but the fabric makes me itchy. Will probably have to sew a cover for it.

How's everyone else doing?

my tummy stretches only in the later part of the day and it feels like a balloon of air leh. no matter what I eat..
dunno if i should get those pregnany pillows. now im happy lying on my back except some nights will wake up with backache..

i keep thinking.. the baby now so small.. what are the rest of this huge tummy im seeing.. lol

Thanks for the positive thoughts, Feather Duster!

maxlene and mlys, understand how your feel. I am contemplating to resign too. Was away for work for about week due to MS and I feel it is hard to catch up plus I am really not sure how family friendly here is going to be. I have been with my company for close to 5 years so I will also feel sad if I have to leave.
I think there are definitely pros and cons of resigning and loss of income is definitely one big concern for me too. But I really hope that my baby will be safe and healthy and I don't want to pass my stress to my baby so it is really dilemma.
But since your have decided, make the best out of it, have a good rest and just recharge! When the baby is out, you have loads to do and may not have the time to think about the smaller spending money, instead maybe you will try your best to save by going for great bargains! :)

yes Piggling, thats definitely a huge decision to make. what does ur hubs think?

my experience is that hubby support is really key. if he objects, its going to be difficult to face the down moments that you will have when you face the loss of income and lack of purchasing power. If he does, and firmly believes you are making the right decision, he is going to be there whenever you doubt yourself or feel insecure. that assurance is really important in keeping a mommy-to-be healthy.

wow.. 3k is alot for harmony test..

Did U hear correctly? Maybe is 1.3k??

Or perhaps is not harmony test but some other more detailed & advanced test..

Hi all MTBs, any recommendations for Harmony Test? As my gynae quoted me 3k before GST. It's quite ex, I passed my Oscar but feel unsecured too...:)

Really...? I am not so sure, but I checked the price at NTUC, for 70 ml, it's cost about S$ 70+ if I am not wrong.
Mine is 1 little, so I let go S$ 60.00 thinks it's reasonable, I hope can have more feedback from others mummies.
Thank you

Ic ... just share of what the 1L dom I brought in DFS, $47.10. Price increase><... I think it used to be around $40.... 20150224_182025.jpg

Anyone drinking anmum or enfamama milk powder? I am a bit lactose intolerant and can't take normal milk except HL. a friend recommended i look for such milk powder for calcium. I went to watsons, guardian and ntuc that is near my place but i couldn't find such milk powder for pregnant women. Am i looking for it at the wrong places?

Hugs... like what I told bullionairess in the earlier post, some people really too unforgiving to mothers. Mothers are already a very guilty lot of people because we constantly wonder if we made the right decisions for our children, we really don't need some people to make us feel worse.

I would say just go with your feel. If one really cannot do breastfeeding, no point forcing and make herself so miserable and unhappy until it affects the baby. If can breastfeed, then go ahead and just save some money. I also been trying to brainwash myself to just try and chill it out, don't be too stressed out, if not end up I become grumpy, who is going to suffer, but our hubby and baby?
Thank you Piggling. Hugs! Your words bring so much comfort. I am overwhelmed by so much advices and judgements from colleagues, friends and relatives.

I am so tired of the 101 advices that a "good mother would do or eat". Makes me feel like I am gonna be a lousy mother when I am already suffering from MS, acne breakouts on my face, scalp, chest and back, backaches, insomnia etc etc.

As if I don't have enough things to 烦。

my tummy stretches only in the later part of the day and it feels like a balloon of air leh. no matter what I eat..
dunno if i should get those pregnany pillows. now im happy lying on my back except some nights will wake up with backache..

i keep thinking.. the baby now so small.. what are the rest of this huge tummy im seeing.. lol
Haha. Inside is the baby's personal swimming pool.

During my 14 weeks i went to dr ananda for genetic scanning..

Today went to my gynae & he explained to me some of the 'findings' on the report..

Bb left kidney slightly bigger than right kidney.. He mention something abt urine..

Is call mild unilateral renal pelvis dilatation..

He tel me dun need to be worry but of course i will & i am lah..

Anyone has any knowledge on this issue & can share wif me..

Don't feel guilty. It is your life. You decide what you want.

When I decided to only have 1 child. Everyone fired like machine gun. The usual nonsense. But I just snapped back, "if you guys want 1 more, go give birth yourself." I won't get pregnant again, even if I were to want another child, I would consider surrogates. This stir another round of judgement.

It is your body and your life. You don't owe them anything. Don't need to bother.
Hahahaha! I like your attitude. I also told people that I don't like being pregnant and I may consider just having one.

The reaction was as if I just murdered someone. How can I don't like being pregnant??!!

When I explained that have terrible MS, painful acne all over my face, scalp, chest and back that I cannot comb hair or even lie down properly plus I look damn ugly. Backaches and insomnia. I was told that ALL mothers will experienced these. Then I asked if they have the same symptoms they admitted they have an easier pregnancy and symptoms not so jialat as mine but still insisted that they are right. -.-"

Every pregnancy is different and I feel that we all make the best available decisions we can for our own children. Our babies are in OUR tummy. Not in the tummies of our mother in laws, our colleagues, our friends, our relatives or even random strangers.

After a while, I just ignore them. Hahaha! I just continue with what I am doing and keep quiet and let their words blow over me. When they asked me questions I would just say I will decide when the time comes and if they persisted, I will say I will think about it. Hee. Drives some of them crazy.

Anyone drinking anmum or enfamama milk powder? I am a bit lactose intolerant and can't take normal milk except HL. a friend recommended i look for such milk powder for calcium. I went to watsons, guardian and ntuc that is near my place but i couldn't find such milk powder for pregnant women. Am i looking for it at the wrong places?
Did you try Similac for expectant and breastfeeding mothers? Can be found in NTUC. If you are lactose intolerant like me, I just take the normal supplements by the gyane which already has calcium and I drink HL milk like water. That's like almost half to 1 carton a day. Gyane told me that any excess calcium in milk can be flushed out naturally from our bodies compared to calcium pills which, if in excess, can lead to stones.

yes Piggling, thats definitely a huge decision to make. what does ur hubs think?

my experience is that hubby support is really key. if he objects, its going to be difficult to face the down moments that you will have when you face the loss of income and lack of purchasing power. If he does, and firmly believes you are making the right decision, he is going to be there whenever you doubt yourself or feel insecure. that assurance is really important in keeping a mommy-to-be healthy.

My hubby is quite supportive but I am just afraid I will keep worry about finances. But working full-time, i have no time to cook myself some healthy food n buying takeaways feels so bad and makes me disgusted (food aversion). Will continue thinking about it, am hoping to tahan till maternity leave, to earn the 4 months.

Thank you Piggling. Hugs! Your words bring so much comfort. I am overwhelmed by so much advices and judgements from colleagues, friends and relatives.

I am so tired of the 101 advices that a "good mother would do or eat". Makes me feel like I am gonna be a lousy mother when I am already suffering from MS, acne breakouts on my face, scalp, chest and back, backaches, insomnia etc etc.

As if I don't have enough things to 烦。

Yah, especially with our raging hormones, sometimes it is normal that some pregnant ladies will think 1 is enough with all the uncomfy symptoms. Actually every symptom is not easy to conquer. Those who have not encountered it will never know. Like previously, i can never understand how tired can a pregnant lady be. But after being through first 3 months myself, i can say I never felt so tired, so lack of energy, so lifeless in the whole of my life.

Even if you only want 1 kid, people also don't have the right to judge. Not that they are footing the bill to raise your child, end up everything is ourselves. I wish that if some people don't have nice things to say then is best that they keep their mouths close. Lol.

Let's try to ignore them and just try to make ourselves feel more comfortable so that baby can feel happier too. :)

During my 14 weeks i went to dr ananda for genetic scanning..

Today went to my gynae & he explained to me some of the 'findings' on the report..

Bb left kidney slightly bigger than right kidney.. He mention something abt urine..

Is call mild unilateral renal pelvis dilatation..

He tel me dun need to be worry but of course i will & i am lah..

Anyone has any knowledge on this issue & can share wif me..

Though I know nothing about this issue, just want console you not to be too worried. Do trust your gynae. I am sure if it really is a concern, your gynae will let you know. And perhaps when you did the scan, you were only 14 weeks, maybe the right kidney will catch up with the size of the left in the weeks to come? Take care n stay cheerful, ok? :)

Did you try Similac for expectant and breastfeeding mothers? Can be found in NTUC. If you are lactose intolerant like me, I just take the normal supplements by the gyane which already has calcium and I drink HL milk like water. That's like almost half to 1 carton a day. Gyane told me that any excess calcium in milk can be flushed out naturally from our bodies compared to calcium pills which, if in excess, can lead to stones.

Thanks! Ok i think i will drink more HL milk then.

Thanks piggling,

The issue here is wif é left kidney cos is swollen.. It is suppose to be same size as right kidney but because it is swollen (dilated) so is bigger than right one

Haiz..

Though I know nothing about this issue, just want console you not to be too worried. Do trust your gynae. I am sure if it really is a concern, your gynae will let you know. And perhaps when you did the scan, you were only 14 weeks, maybe the right kidney will catch up with the size of the left in the weeks to come? Take care n stay cheerful, ok? :)

Hahahaha! I like your attitude. I also told people that I don't like being pregnant and I may consider just having one.

The reaction was as if I just murdered someone. How can I don't like being pregnant??!!

When I explained that have terrible MS, painful acne all over my face, scalp, chest and back that I cannot comb hair or even lie down properly plus I look damn ugly. Backaches and insomnia. I was told that ALL mothers will experienced these. Then I asked if they have the same symptoms they admitted they have an easier pregnancy and symptoms not so jialat as mine but still insisted that they are right. -.-"

Every pregnancy is different and I feel that we all make the best available decisions we can for our own children. Our babies are in OUR tummy. Not in the tummies of our mother in laws, our colleagues, our friends, our relatives or even random strangers.

After a while, I just ignore them. Hahaha! I just continue with what I am doing and keep quiet and let their words blow over me. When they asked me questions I would just say I will decide when the time comes and if they persisted, I will say I will think about it. Hee. Drives some of them crazy.

All the people I know who got pregnant, speak as if pregnancy is very blissful. I mean I totally do not feel the same as them.

I told my mum and my husband firmly, I don't want to have another kid. They were understanding, cos they saw how I was suffering.

I don't think I got pregnant at first trial because I was lucky. I lead a good lifestyle with no alcohol no cigarettes, exercised a lot. My husband too. So I guess that is what makes the crucial difference. I have enough of people telling me I am blessed cos they want also cannot (they have bad lifestyles).

I admit I hate being pregnant. But that doesn't mean I love my child any less. And loving my child does not mean I give birth to another one.

I think a lot of mommies are suffering silently because of these politically judge mental bunch.

All the people I know who got pregnant, speak as if pregnancy is very blissful. I mean I totally do not feel the same as them.

I told my mum and my husband firmly, I don't want to have another kid. They were understanding, cos they saw how I was suffering.

I don't think I got pregnant at first trial because I was lucky. I lead a good lifestyle with no alcohol no cigarettes, exercised a lot. My husband too. So I guess that is what makes the crucial difference. I have enough of people telling me I am blessed cos they want also cannot (they have bad lifestyles).

I admit I hate being pregnant. But that doesn't mean I love my child any less. And loving my child does not mean I give birth to another one.

I think a lot of mommies are suffering silently because of these politically judge mental bunch.
Yes. How we feel about pregnancy does not affect how we will treat our babies. I don't know why some people thinks that we hate pregnancy means baby come out we will abuse the baby. -.-"

Anyway, we know what we are doing can le. Not as if they will support our babies financally. Talk is free mah.

Back