(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

cynn04, he has a clinic at Gleneagles Annex Block and another one at Jurong Point AcuFEM. wait time not long at all! in fact sometimes i get to see him the moment i reached the clinic and done with urine test. somehow he plans the appointments very well and get to spend quality time with his patients rather than rushing through the consultation and scans.
Yes I only waited less than half hour to see him and he is super nice...did some calculation the cost of delivery is not much diff in all hospitals. I personally don't like TMC as I find the nurses there very abrupt and ask you to pay before anything else ><

don't know much about TMC, only heard from friends who delivered there mention the same thing - horrible carpark.

momocrv, did you sign up for Dr Yam's package? find it very reasonably priced and i signed up for it since week 14.

@starrymommy Yeah, Dr Paul tends to rush thru his appts cos his schedule is so packed. He's not dat popular among these forums but his clinic always so many people! Looks like half are expats oso haha. I shall discuss w hubby and see how. He's not dat impressed w Dr Paul. Btw hows Dr Yam's stitching?

Oh I got my Asos purchases liao. Its fine fitting wise but I really gotta go alter the lengths. I think their dresses are really made for taller gals. Below the knees length make me look very auntish…

@BubsandBloms, hope your baby is cooperate to show gender to you ....:)
Where u are going to attend the prenatal class? Is it at TMC?

I saw my baby earlier just now! Gynae showed us and we saw something small bulging out. Most likely boy boy, but will 100% confirmed during next month visit.

Im attending the lesson @ TMC later. Our first lesson! :)

not sure about his stitchings as i only went to him for #2 but delivered by another gynae in NUH.

ASOS dresses really made for ang mohs. those tall, skinny and fair ones. haha!

I saw my baby earlier just now! Gynae showed us and we saw something small bulging out. Most likely boy boy, but will 100% confirmed during next month visit.

Im attending the lesson @ TMC later. Our first lesson! :)

Have a great lesson! Gosh its really the boy season now isnt it? Saw a fren's posting on fb oso having a boy. Most here are having boys too lol

yah man, A LOT of boys! it is indeed the season for blue. :D also just saw a friend announce that she is expecting her 4th boy. so amazed! she's the only rose among the thorns at home.

Yea, hubby and I were guessing a boy actually because his family tree has lots of male, therefore, chromosome Y is actually very dominant.

And we attended the lesson and I personally found it especially useful. Esp when it comes to the sleeping and daily postures.

Wow hi all, din realise theres a lot of coversation here for me to catch up and read!!
Counting down 5 mths more .....

don't know much about TMC, only heard from friends who delivered there mention the same thing - horrible carpark.

momocrv, did you sign up for Dr Yam's package? find it very reasonably priced and i signed up for it since week 14.

I haven't sign up yet but most likely I will...by time I see him next I will be in week 23. He asked me to consider joining nuh as private patient but I told him I want to keep my options open in case of emergency I can go back there as subsidised patient. He's really super nice.

Me too.... counting down for 5 mths. I start to think if want to take pregnancy photo shooting. Haha!

@momocrv regarding the belly belt which I bought, I had tried today. It's another type which is only cover the zip area. So far I find it's ok to wear it with my jeans. I bought it around $29 at Spring Maternity

I think maternity shoot ard 8mths shld be jus nice, with the 'look enough big' bulge.... Haha. Jus did a family shoot 2 weeks back, but cant really see tummy so abit waste money...
Starrymommy, 6 mths also no difference... Just by few days (maybe 20 odd days lah)... Haha.

Me too.... counting down for 5 mths. I start to think if want to take pregnancy photo shooting. Haha!

@momocrv regarding the belly belt which I bought, I had tried today. It's another type which is only cover the zip area. So far I find it's ok to wear it with my jeans. I bought it around $29 at Spring Maternity

Hi @doraemon_mumny, thanks I have seen those..will probably last for few weeks before our belly grow again

I think maternity shoot ard 8mths shld be jus nice, with the 'look enough big' bulge.... Haha. Jus did a family shoot 2 weeks back, but cant really see tummy so abit waste money...
Starrymommy, 6 mths also no difference... Just by few days (maybe 20 odd days lah)... Haha.

Hehe I think u replying to me ah...my EDD end may. My neck long long.....

isenggirl, what happened? did you over exert yourself? hope the spotting will stop soon! seeing your gynae?

I have no idea.. ytd we went out whole day. But just walking around n catch movie. Thats all. But today seems ok. Will monitor few more days.. Happened to me in my 1st tri but stopped awhile until ytd..

Abt maternity.. if i am wearing M size now.. shall i buy M or L size maternity clothes?

For infant care, it is true must start to register now especially if u are staying in new towns where there's a lot of competition from other families. Friends in Punggol and Sengkang said they register when they found out they are pregnant. Really 夸张..

Isenggirl, i also had light spotting during 1st tri, den went to a random gynae. I think that time i over strain by too much movement.. If still have spotting just go back ur gynae at least for reassurance :) will be fine de!

@starrymommy u r right! My colleagues already asked me go to register for infant care 2 weeks ago. She told me she had a hard time to look for infant care when she started to register the infant care during her last trim. Her area at toa payoh, so not only happened at new towns. But me n my hubby still looking for private nanny as 1st priority around our blocks so I haven't go to register for the infant care yet.

Isenggirl, i also had light spotting during 1st tri, den went to a random gynae. I think that time i over strain by too much movement.. If still have spotting just go back ur gynae at least for reassurance :) will be fine de!

Thank you! I hope its really nothing to worry about..

Doraemon_mummy, sg getting super competitive. :( worse when you want to enroll your child in top primary schools next time! i shudder to think... elder girl is now 4yo. still have 2.5 years till I have through the whole primary school nightmare!

regarding nanny, hard to find good ones lately. my mum used to be a nanny, but now looking after my 2 girls. her aunty friends used to be nannies too. but parents' expectations getting higher with no pay increase so all decided to stop looking after babies/toddlers.

@starrymommy I totally understand ur worries. But dun put these worries into ur pregnancy now. Sinve it's still have 2yrs to go. U still can slowly plan it aft ur no.3 is out. Take care urself n baby 1st... and I believe 船到桥头自然直☺

At least you got a very good mother can help you to take care baby. Both my mil n my mother already gave me a heads up that they are not able to help me to take care baby. Somemore I'm the 1st time mummy. Lots of things which I dunno and keep asking my colleagues, friends n from this forum to get some update. @starrymommy thanks to u open this forum and luckily we have all the mummies are actively sharing the tips. I feel less worries with all ur info sharing ☺

Can I ask if any mummies here experience backache? My backache really hurts at times of the day... Mil says no medicated oils... Any remedies for this? Thanks!

Normally those older gen wont allow chinese medicated stuff on preg mama body. Maybe u can ask ur gynae for recommendation to ease the pain? Or the maternity belt to ease the weight of ur back?.. I know of friends who experience backache from 2nd tri till delivery!! Very jialat, cannot walk too long nor use the stairs de...
For me i normally start my backache after the 8th mth so can still tahan (but i cannot endure the occasional leg cramps :x ).. if ur back is unbearable i suggest u to see ur gynae for help, at least can enjoy some less painfree pregnancy instead of occasional aches when sit , stand or lying down..still got half lap to go....

Doraemon_mummy, sg getting super competitive. :( worse when you want to enroll your child in top primary schools next time! i shudder to think... elder girl is now 4yo. still have 2.5 years till I have through the whole primary school nightmare!

regarding nanny, hard to find good ones lately. my mum used to be a nanny, but now looking after my 2 girls. her aunty friends used to be nannies too. but parents' expectations getting higher with no pay increase so all decided to stop looking after babies/toddlers.

Actually u have to start thinking abt primary school now if u need to do parent volunteer. Some schools need 2 yrs ahead. Thru church also abt 2yrs. Clan & town council may already b too late, heard needs more than 2 yrs.

Can I ask if any mummies here experience backache? My backache really hurts at times of the day... Mil says no medicated oils... Any remedies for this? Thanks!

Im experiencing not really backaches but aching legs, esp calf area? Not cramps le, more like very weak and no strength. After barely walking for awhile feel like have to sit down. Anyone like this oso?

Not sure if lacking any vitamins or wat since im taking multi vits. Does chicken essence help? Feeling so physically weak and tired despite already in second tri haizz. Totally different from when preggy with #1 :(

Im experiencing not really backaches but aching legs, esp calf area? Not cramps le, more like very weak and no strength. After barely walking for awhile feel like have to sit down. Anyone like this oso?

Not sure if lacking any vitamins or wat since im taking multi vits. Does chicken essence help? Feeling so physically weak and tired despite already in second tri haizz. Totally different from when preggy with #1 :(

Me too. Calves and thighs will be so sore esp after a whole day. sometimes I dont even have the strength to move my own legs and will ask my husband to help me move them. It is that weak. My right butt cheek also have the same feeling. At times when I walk, I gotta hold on to the butt to make walking a lil easier.

U elevate my legs whenever I lie down on the bed. It helps abit tho. Heard that it's due to lack of calcium. I dont drink milk but have been depending on calcium pills. But I take it only when I remember. Hehehhe

50_BBN, I am not so siao-on about voluntary work for schools.. I know of a friend who already started clocking don't know how many hours per week doing voluntary work there. her child is currently is 4yo.

cynn04, no idea about that. maybe chicken essence will help to boost your strength. if you are open about TCM, can go to one that specifically treats pregnancy-related issues to see what doctor has to say? or it could be a sign that you need to do some simple exercises to strengthen the muscles there.

nazriah, I have the same issue as you in the butt cheek department... mine is predominantly on the left side. when I sneeze, the ache will come from lower back to butt cheek to upper thighs. must hold the butt area when that happens. so unglam. lol!

missyblueberry, can give ginger cream a try for topical relief of backaches. if the pain is really bad, then it probably won't be effective.. I bought my ginger cream from here, in case you are keen to try out: http://originsjamumassage.com/shop/gingerly-yours/

@cynn04 I saw the pregnancy book highlighted calcium is very important starting frm 2nd trim. Probably u can remind urself by setting a reminder on ur phone to take calcium pill. Other than milk, u can try to boil some bone suop to drink, eat some ikan bilis and other food which contain calcium. For our stage nw, we needs about 1200mg calcium per day. Pls take care ya!

@50_BBN that's crazy...... for me I'll try to arrange the best I can when the time come closer. If want me to actively involve in voluntary job, I think i also cannot commit myself to do so. Haha!

@missyblueberry the actual reason why the older gen mentioned not to use medicated oil during pregnancy is because some of those oil contained "red flowers" which will cause high chance of miscarriage. If u want to use any medicated oil, it's good to consult ur gynae 1st before using it.

Doraemon_mummy, I was using ruyi you last night. somehow tummy very bloated and I couldn't sleep. so applied some above the belly button area. felt better after that. but I think when the uterus comes up further in later weeks, I will have to stop using liao.

cynn04, no idea about that. maybe chicken essence will help to boost your strength. if you are open about TCM, can go to one that specifically treats pregnancy-related issues to see what doctor has to say? or it could be a sign that you need to do some simple exercises to strengthen the muscles there.

nazriah, I have the same issue as you in the butt cheek department... mine is predominantly on the left side. when I sneeze, the ache will come from lower back to butt cheek to upper thighs. must hold the butt area when that happens. so unglam. lol!

missyblueberry, can give ginger cream a try for topical relief of backaches. if the pain is really bad, then it probably won't be effective.. I bought my ginger cream from here, in case you are keen to try out: http://originsjamumassage.com/shop/gingerly-yours/

agree with starrymommy, i drink chicken essence once-twice every week. usually 1 time is brands chicken essence, one is my mum make the black chicken essence for me.

me too. they say 2nd trim will be better than first. cos more energy liao but i feel more tired. i sleep but never enough. walk abit my here pain there pain. sleep on my back then will feel organs like crushed by something. sleep by the side, can feel my spinal bones all cracking and backache until like siao. n no food seems to interest me again. although i have appetite to eat but if u ask me any cravings, i got none and dont know what to eat anymore

hello everyone...today seems a good day for me. minimal sickness and I can stomach teh and a prata for breakfast. just that mouth gets very very bland after every meal no matter what I ate. Anyone have any remedy to combat this? I've tried sour plums, sweets, sweet fizzy drinks, but the bland taste comes back right up. I usually just close my mouth and try not to taste or think about it, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't and then I may throw everything back up.

Still prone to the sickness every evening at week 17 now...although sian but I really count my blessings already coz it's already so much better than initial 6-15 weeks when I always feel like wanting to die honestly.

Recently on my angelsounds doppler, I start to hear swooshing sounds (placenta), slower pulsing beats (umbilical cord) and the baby's fast heartbeat. sometimes baby heartbeat gets very very echo-ish and light probably due to the position. sometimes it gets so clear and loud i get a headache listening to it coz it's so fast and stressful on my ears....haha. I listen every other night coz i can't feel any kicks or movements yet. I guess when I start feeling kicks I may not use the doppler that often.

another qns, do you think costs at Mt A or TMC will be cheaper for delivery?

Yr 2013 when i stayed in TMC deluxe single bedded extra cash forked out after medisave deduction was approx $3k (with epi ) , whilst in yr 2011 was only $2k (epi, assisted with vacuum).. So can expect slightly higher cost by now i suppose :(

Backache may be caused by lack of calcium. I also started to feel it but not too bad now. (My cold feeling at night is worse than backache now). I asked my gynae to prescribe me calcium supplements. Taking it 2x a day and so far backache is manageable.. Tired after long walk is also normal. And when u put ur leg higher than ur heart it actually released pressure to ur legs. But that also means lesser blood flow to ur leg.

me me....my legs so weak and i can't really stand long. 5-10 mins and i feel like i need a chair.
i think taking magnesium helps with muscle strength and cramps for legs.
paisey to tell everyone....i am so physically weak and non energetic i can't go out on weekends leh....
so many ppl says second trim energy come back and appetite come back. all didn't happen for me. I think I am one of the not very lucky ones.

Yr 2013 when i stayed in TMC deluxe single bedded extra cash forked out after medisave deduction was approx $3k (with epi ) , whilst in yr 2011 was only $2k (epi, assisted with vacuum).. So can expect slightly higher cost by now i suppose :(

ohh thanks for the info....this is very useful. :)

Back