(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

momocrv, hard to say now, as some babies are fussy and will reject certain types of bottles. the most common brands in SG are NUK, Pigeon and Avent. can try these out first.

@momocrv yah my fren's bb very fussy n rejected all the common brands of bottles / teats. She had to get some expensive brand Dr Brown then ok. I will be buying Avent for mine. The smaller size bottles oso no need to buy alot, cos very fast they will upgrade their milk intake de.

my elder girl was on Medela (1st month) and Pigeon. younger on Playtex (5 months onwards) then Pigeon at around 9-10 months old. this time I think I will go for the Avent Natural range. will just get the Avent sterilizer and warmer too.

@isenggirl , their group class is scheduled on Tuesday from 7.15pm - 8pm. I figured it will be quite difficult to find 6 pregnant ladies + pool facilities so I went ahead with their group class instead. Their current class size is 4.
I would like to join too , will sign up before the class start.

@isenggirl not considering Yoga.... I was never a fan of yoga and I shake a lot the last time i tried before I was pregnant...

@Vinka nice!! I will be going to their class at Eunos starting 23 Dec...hope to see you there.

I bought a nursing bra from spring maternity and it is so comfortable! Quality is also very good unlike some others I have seen that cost cheaper but lousy quality and horrible design. The bra is about $39 not too expensive I reckon?

Any mummies still drinking kopi now? I stop during the first trimester as I couldn't stand the taste but now my craving fix is back ><

Any mummies still drinking kopi now? I stop during the first trimester as I couldn't stand the taste but now my craving fix is back ><

I think coffee one cup a day shld be ok. Just dont over do it. Am not a coffee drinker, but I cant do without my teh-oh everyday. My cousin whonis a kopi addict stop totally during her first trimester as lots of ppl told her to stop. Only when she consulted he4 gynea, its ok to have a cup a day. Just minimize the intake, no need to stop totally. Its all about control I suppose.

momocrv, sterilizer and warmer are must-have items for me! newborns have weaker immune system hence it is best to sterilize the bottles and teats before using. same for breastpumps etc. warmer more applicable if you intend to express out your milk and store in fridge. it is a very convenient way to warm up the breastmilk before feeding via bottle.

Re: coffee
I will still indulge in half a cup every morning. :D need it to perk myself up!

I bought a nursing bra from spring maternity and it is so comfortable! Quality is also very good unlike some others I have seen that cost cheaper but lousy quality and horrible design. The bra is about $39 not too expensive I reckon?

I have the Spring ones, but find them more like half-cup coverage only. will only wear the bra at home 'cos my (.)(.) don't feel secure in them. lol! I prefer the Autumnz moulded cup ones. they offer more support and lifts up the breasts so also have this slight push-up effect. very soft and comfy too! got them for around $16 each. super worth it.

I couldnt sleep well ytd coz my whole body and feet cold again. We turned off aircon and switch on ceiling fan only. Still uncomfortable. Any remedy for this? Sigh.

I have the Spring ones, but find them more like half-cup coverage only. will only wear the bra at home 'cos my (.)(.) don't feel secure in them. lol! I prefer the Autumnz moulded cup ones. they offer more support and lifts up the breasts so also have this slight push-up effect. very soft and comfy too! got them for around $16 each. super worth it.
I bought a full cup one...the ones from Autumnz where did u buy it from?

I bought the bellybutton during #1 & vy useful for me. Thru out my #1 pregnancy, din get any new pants or jeans. Juz add it onto my existing pants & jeans.

Nowadays my breasts & nipples feel super itch after wearing bras for whole day. Same for all my bras. I do need to buy more new bigger bras, only 2 now.
Any 1 same like my case?

Nowadays my breasts & nipples feel super itch after wearing bras for whole day. Same for all my bras. I do need to buy more new bigger bras, only 2 now.
Any 1 same like my case?
I bought the bellybutton during #1 & vy useful for me. Thru out my #1 pregnancy, din get any new pants or jeans. Juz add it onto my existing pants & jeans.

Yeah I am not sure if I need to buy any jeans or pants later as I can still wear my clothes now and I am now coming to wk19.

@momocrv me oso bought 2 from spring maternity to wear at home, quite comfy. 29.90 for plain ones, which i tink very cheap liao. Last time i bought online too, even cheaper but quality is horrible. Rather spend more to ensure correct size n comfort.

Re: sterilizer and warmer

Should get cos better to sterilize bottles / teats etc before use for newborns. Usually both comes in a package if im not wrong. I tink brands wise for this doesnt make much difference. Im using Avent.

Felt baby's kicks again! Gentler this time. Maybe cos i was listening to the radio. Haha kiasu, maybe shld start listening to classical music now!

When preggy with my #1, we kept singing twinkle twinkle little stars to her. Then I realised she recognised this particular song as a newborn from her expressions! Keke I feel so la, so listening to music is good for the baby. Who knows become a music prodigy :D

Any 1 same like my case?
i do feel itchy ard my breast n nipples after 1 whole day. even i sleep without them at night i also feel the same

I just have my FA scan yesterday. Everything is normal. Thanks God. But baby so active moving all around but always turning down and did not want to face up. So sonographer cannot really see very clearly on the other parts except baby spine. lols.... I turn left and right side, baby also following. So funny. In the end it takes for about an hour to get the details. But I am happy to see the baby show quite in a long time. hahaha....

I'm going for my routine check up tomorrow! Hope to see the baby gender. Now at 16W1D. I'll also be going pre-natal class with my hubby as well tomorrow. Anyone else attending these lessons as well?

Now at 16W, still feel super bloated. Ahhhh...i hate this persistent MS.

mylilsheep, glad to know everything went well! :)

momocrv, so how do you find Dr Yam? he's very nice right?
@ starrymommy - yes, he's very nice and funny!
He told us if any complications or premature he will refer us back to NUH as the cost in private is ridiculously high. We really appreciate his honest feedback. Hubby also v happy with him. Likely we will go with him :)

same thing he told me and hubby. :) both of us like him a lot! 'cos he's very personal. he remembers our kids' names after all these years and will give us advices like an uncle.

just checked my vPost account and saw that my Black Friday loots for Carter's and Oshkosh have arrived! yippee~!! looking forward to receiving them by X'mas. :D

just checked my vPost account and saw that my Black Friday loots for Carter's and Oshkosh have arrived! yippee~!! looking forward to receiving them by X'mas. :D
@starrymommy, good to have present to yourselves on xmas ......

Yesterday I also have hospital tour at Mt Alvernia. They have christmas ambience already and looks so peaceful there. But I am still undecided whether want to deliver my baby at Mt A or TMC.....

mylilsheep, Mt Alvernia always gives me the very warm and cosy feel. what is it about TMC that you like but is lacking in Mt A?

@starrymommy, somehow I feel the nurses at TMC is more friendly than Mt A. That is the feeling during the hospital tour, but I have never been warded at Mt A, so not so sure about that.

Last time I stayed at TMC to remove my ovarian cyst and my experience is not bad. Nurse at TMC is nice and have sense of humour.

If I am not wrong, did you delivered your #1 at Mt A?

yes, I delivered #1 at Mt A. so will stick to it. you can go read up reviews of mummies who have just given birth recently in TMC and Mount A, to have a better "feel" of what to expect. my last time there was in Year 2011, so review probably out-dated liao. haha!

yes, I delivered #1 at Mt A. so will stick to it. you can go read up reviews of mummies who have just given birth recently in TMC and Mount A, to have a better "feel" of what to expect. my last time there was in Year 2011, so review probably out-dated liao. haha!
Hi starrymommy, dr john yam only delivers at mt a for caesarian am I correct? For natural its only at gleneagles?

momocrv, he can also do natural delivery at Mt A. :) in fact, any private hospital also can.

lil_mermaid, very easy leh!! go sign up for a vPost account. you will be given a specific USA address. when you buy from Carter's etc USA sites, just enter the delivery address assigned to you. vPost will track and handle all the rest. you just have to make payment and that's it!

momocrv, he can also do natural delivery at Mt A. :) in fact, any private hospital also can.

lil_mermaid, very easy leh!! go sign up for a vPost account. you will be given a specific USA address. when you buy from Carter's etc USA sites, just enter the delivery address assigned to you. vPost will track and handle all the rest. you just have to make payment and that's it!

oh when i ask his recep she told me only at Gleneagles le....let me try to find out again. Thanks!

really? next time best ask Dr Yam himself. i heard before he said he prefers Gleneagles since he is stationed there, easier to attend to you if you deliver there as well.

re: hospital

I have visited a couple of frens at Mt A before, they liked it there and I find that the environment seems cosier than TMC. Like I mentioned before, TMC's nurses always seem very busy and so less attentive. But overall experience was ok.

@starrymommy @momocrv Where is Dr Yam's clinic at, and is his waiting time long? I'm planning to switch gynae soon after my detailed checkup, and the idea of going back to my old one at TMC seems so sianz cos far away and need to wait so long even with appointment.

Deliver at Gleneagles oso not bad, its near and my pd is there!

cynn04, he has a clinic at Gleneagles Annex Block and another one at Jurong Point AcuFEM. wait time not long at all! in fact sometimes i get to see him the moment i reached the clinic and done with urine test. somehow he plans the appointments very well and get to spend quality time with his patients rather than rushing through the consultation and scans.

Back