(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hi all fellow mummies-to-be,
Any one with heightened sense of smell? I already have a sensitive sense of smell but I think it's gotten even stronger. Yesterday I scolded two men who were illegally smoking in the basement car park. There isn't any ventilation and I just felt so angry (must be the hormones!). After I shouted at them for about a full minute they apologized. I felt a bit bad but it hate it when people impose their horrible habits on others.

A friend's sister is also pregnant and her sense of smell is even stronger! She will feel nauseated when she smells anyone else's breath. Not even bad breath or anything, just the exhale from the nose!

Anyone with similar experiences?

hello everyone, i'm now in a dilemma, last week i went to dr chua TLC clinic for my 1st check-up, and then this week upon my good friend's advice i just visited dr ben tham from WC Cheng. Both are good, but i realised that Dr Tham's consultation and package is much cheaper than dr chua. He scheduled for an oscar scan 4 weeks later, which is into my 11th week. i'm not sure who i should go with, any recommendations/advice from mummies-to-be?
How much is dr tham package dear :)

Any one with heightened sense of smell? I already have a sensitive sense of smell but I think it's gotten even stronger. Yesterday I scolded two men who were illegally smoking in the basement car park. There isn't any ventilation and I just felt so angry (must be the hormones!). After I shouted at them for about a full minute they apologized. I felt a bit bad but it hate it when people impose their horrible habits on others.

A friend's sister is also pregnant and her sense of smell is even stronger! She will feel nauseated when she smells anyone else's breath. Not even bad breath or anything, just the exhale from the nose!

I can smell what my flat mate cooks from the door :(
And I feel like vomiting every single time
Not like it's bad cooking
But I just feel nausea at everything :(
I crave for food but when I buy it and smell it I feel nausea and don't eat and I go hungry :(

Tell me about it, I can smell when my downstairs neighbour cooking, people smoking, my colleagues who removed her shoes while at work *pinching my nose* bad perfumes, bad breath etc Hubby said I suddenly developed sniffer dogs nose lol

Ladies, I am not sure if it is true but it seems to be working for me. I started taking Blackmore vits for pregnant woman recently and I noticed my ms symptoms have eased quite a bit. I forgot to take yesterday and whole day I have the nausea feeling.

Tell me about it, I can smell when my downstairs neighbour cooking, people smoking, my colleagues who removed her shoes while at work *pinching my nose* bad perfumes, bad breath etc Hubby said I suddenly developed sniffer dogs nose lol

haha me too! i was in the office yesterday and i could smell bad sewage, was asking a male colleague of mine sitting next to me if he could smell it and he said he couldn't. 15 minutes later he said he could and he wondered how come my nose was that sensitive... i can't walk past food stalls that are selling fried food/when they are cooking sambal chilli!

I crave for food but when I buy it and smell it I feel nausea and don't eat and I go hungry :(

Ugh!
My neighbour is very disgusting, there are quite a few people living in his house and the place smells like concentrated human. And when I open my windows, sometimes the smells wafts in. I have to put on my air freshener. My husband can't smell a thing!

Oh yeah same here as well, didn't want to eat many of the food I made or bought. :/ torture!

haha me too! i was in the office yesterday and i could smell bad sewage, was asking a male colleague of mine sitting next to me if he could smell it and he said he couldn't. 15 minutes later he said he could and he wondered how come my nose was that sensitive... i can't walk past food stalls that are selling fried food/when they are cooking sambal chilli!

I am even told my hubby got body smell I cannot tahan, so ask him to take bath or take some distance from me. lols......

However..... I just caught flu from yesterday. I think my nose would not function that sensitive anymore. But feel so weak and dunno what medicine I can eat for my flu.

Haha I would be so grossed out too by the taking off of shoes!

Yesterday I was quite turned off by my own perfume cos I put on too much. Gahhhh

I am even told my hubby got body smell I cannot tahan, so ask him to take bath or take some distance from me. lols......

However..... I just caught flu from yesterday. I think my nose would not function that sensitive anymore. But feel so weak and dunno what medicine I can eat for my flu.

Haha poor husband! My husband ate a banana and I asked him to close his mouth afterwards, cos I could smell his sour breath. Haha

I'm worry about my baby.. This is my first time getting pregnant, been trying for 2yrs plus. When will the Oscar scan result out? Is it a immediately? Plus I just change new job :( still under probation. Dunno how to tell my boss
esnbh, I will be having my oscar scan tomorrow. The nurse told me the scan result is out immediately, but the blood test might need 1-2 days. She said my doc also want to meet me right after oscar scan tomorrow. Hope everything will be alright ....

congrats and welcome, new mummies! let me have your email address and I will add you to the FB group. :)

mylilsheep, so fast Oscar liao! think you are the 1st in our group! do update after your scan. :)

Hello mummies! I just went to see Dr Ben Tham. Seen my baby for the first time and so happy about it. I could see the baby and hear yhe heartbeat.

Im very heartened to have Dr Ben Tham as he's really patient and nice. Think I'm really going to go for this package.

Im currently having morning sickness. Really made me lose appetite. Dr Ben Tham recommends soup, soy milk, honey drink, milo etc if really no appetite so i guess I'll just follow.

My EDD is 28th May (anyone the same) and baby stands at 7w5d. Next appointment with Oscar at 11w. Cant wait.

I enquired and they mentioned it takes 2-3 days Oscar results to be out.

Hello mummies! I just went to see Dr Ben Tham. Seen my baby for the first time and so happy about it. I could see the baby and hear yhe heartbeat.

Im very heartened to have Dr Ben Tham as he's really patient and nice. Think I'm really going to go for this package.

Im currently having morning sickness. Really made me lose appetite. Dr Ben Tham recommends soup, soy milk, honey drink, milo etc if really no appetite so i guess I'll just follow.

My EDD is 28th May (anyone the same) and baby stands at 7w5d. Next appointment with Oscar at 11w. Cant wait.

hello
my EDD is the same as yours too! i visited dr tham yesterday as well, but i think i'll be going back to Dr Chua from TLC even though she doesn't have a package....

Hi bubs! My EDD almost the same as yrs I think. I'm at 7 weeks and a few days. I have to see the doc again at the end of this month because my hCG levels were super high (4400!) and the scan revealed only one baby. So hopefully there isn't one hidden ectopic in my tubes.

What will the OSCAR entail?

Hi all, I am new here...:) Having my 1st pregnancy and my edd is on 19May2015 (anyone same as me) My gynae is Dr Sim LN at TMC. I am recovering from food poisoning now...:confused: Havent been eating well and skipped the supplements for 2days already... I am taking Blackmores Pregnancy&Breastfeeding and Fish oil with 4x DHA of standard fish oil. At the same time i am using Clarins Oil treatment for stretchmark, love the herbs scent very much.;)

Add me @ [email protected]

Last edited:
I see alot or mummies here are opting for Oscars instead of Harmony. Have anyone of you heard of the Genetic test scan by Dr. Anand?

I see alot or mummies here are opting for Oscars instead of Harmony. Have anyone of you heard of the Genetic test scan by Dr. Anand?

I have....read fr another forum that some mummies if tested not so good for Oscar will go for this test scan instead but by then is 5th mth and if really anything wrong cannot do D&C le

But seems like a lot of times Oscar ratio not so good but Dr Anand will scan and determine if really got issue, usually turns out fine.

I have....read fr another forum that some mummies if tested not so good for Oscar will go for this test scan instead but by then is 5th mth and if really anything wrong cannot do D&C le

But seems like a lot of times Oscar ratio not so good but Dr Anand will scan and determine if really got issue, usually turns out fine.
No wor you can do the test at 14 weeks....I have mine scheduled 2nd week of Nov.

mylilsheep, so fast Oscar liao! think you are the 1st in our group! do update after your scan. :)

Starrymommy, i thought you also about the same with me, EDD 1st May, rite? On my first visit, I ask doc when is my EDD, he told me would be around early May. But through scan and baby size, it has been move at around end of April liao. I am on week 12 oredy today. When you will be scheduled for oscar?

I get a bit flying today coz bad flu... dunno whether it will impact my oscar test tomorrow.

momocrv, yes I have seen on another forum about Dr Anand. But I think I take oscar first and see how. If everything is ok, then I will just stop there and would not go for further test. But if got problem, I will need to think whether to go to Dr Anand or do harmony test .... will think it later.

mylilsheep, my EDD is 5 May. still waiting for my Oscar appointment to be confirmed.. feeling a bit antsy liao 'cos there was some screw up with gynae office and NUH fetal care centre where I will be doing the scan.

ladies, if you have added me as friend on FB, do let me know it is you (indicate your SMH forum nick) so that I don't add wrongly into the secret group.

mylilsheep, my EDD is 5 May. still waiting for my Oscar appointment to be confirmed.. feeling a bit antsy liao 'cos there was some screw up with gynae office and NUH fetal care centre where I will be doing the scan.
starrymommy, what happen to ur gynae office and NUH?
My gynae has already booked for this appointment a long time ago, think about more than 1 month ago. Nurse told me it is difficult to book one, that's why they book first then if I want to cancel, I can just cancel 1 day before.

mylilsheep, there was a mix-up with my edd... ended up they scheduled me for Oscar at 14 weeks! lol!! had to make a few calls to both gynae's office and NUH to clarify things. and gynae's staff wasn't exactly helpful. so I am still waiting for the revised Oscar date.

Starrymommy, i thought you also about the same with me, EDD 1st May, rite? On my first visit, I ask doc when is my EDD, he told me would be around early May. But through scan and baby size, it has been move at around end of April liao. I am on week 12 oredy today. When you will be scheduled for oscar?

I get a bit flying today coz bad flu... dunno whether it will impact my oscar test tomorrow.

momocrv, yes I have seen on another forum about Dr Anand. But I think I take oscar first and see how. If everything is ok, then I will just stop there and would not go for further test. But if got problem, I will need to think whether to go to Dr Anand or do harmony test .... will think it later.
Ok I will update here after my scan

mylilsheep, there was a mix-up with my edd... ended up they scheduled me for Oscar at 14 weeks! lol!! had to make a few calls to both gynae's office and NUH to clarify things. and gynae's staff wasn't exactly helpful. so I am still waiting for the revised Oscar date.
wow..... ur gynae office so jialat ..... hope they settled on your appointment soon. Coz I heard quite hard to book one, especially last minute. Tat's why i did not even dare to change the date ..... lols.

Back