(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

I'm not going for the gathering because hubby can't make it. They not only have cookies, brownie,muffin and butter cake too. I ordered the brownie and muffin will update again after i try. I'm not really a fan of cookies and i'm glad they have others option.

Mummies.. who's going to the SG50 May Babies FB group meet up tomorrow? There's a magical cookies that is in the goodie bag that caused one of the mummies to have 3 times yield than normal. She had 340ml yield of milk after feeding LO!!! Can't wait to lay my hands on the cookies.
How can i join the fb group?

Bb pattern change so fast. I tot my lo so guai, 2 whole wk slp before 12am, den suddenly this 2 days again 2am den slp after fussing. 100days miracle!! Soon soon.... Can countdown liao... Hehe

Ya ya what's 100 days miracle?
My lo didn't sleep from 8am until now. I'm so stress as i already start working from home. Need to reply so many emails and a lot of things to do at same time baby want to carry and cranky. Once she sleep put her down immediately wake up again. Seriously can't concentrate replying office email and question.

Hi there,
My girl has previous episode of infrequent bowel movements. Is ur baby having some tummy distention (ie check if the tummy appears bloated/ hard or bigger than usual). Is baby feeding well or has been decreasing his or her feed? Is she well in general?

Sometimes breastfed babies can have fewer bowel movements for a week. I think a trip to ur pd can put ur mind at ease.

Haha baby milk intake increased, but will make a trip to my pd on monday to play safe. Thanks ya

Ya ya what's 100 days miracle?
My lo didn't sleep from 8am until now. I'm so stress as i already start working from home. Need to reply so many emails and a lot of things to do at same time baby want to carry and cranky. Once she sleep put her down immediately wake up again. Seriously can't concentrate replying office email and question.
hahaha.... I was considering work from home too before... Lucky I did not do that. I think better go to office, then let my mum take care my baby at home. At least I can have a piece of mind here.....

Okie Okie... heard that its from Melody Bakes. Will update u mummies what type of cookies are those. For the FB group mummies, will hv discount to buy too. Let me munchie munchie them and try out the yield. Heeee
@jjmom, if the cookie is so miracle, I want too! I'm not in the FB group too. :p

Mummies who using spectra, are we suppose to change the membrane/ back flow protector once a while?

Today I change a new back flow protector and I never felt my breast so empty before!

Been using the M1 for almost 3 mths...

hahaha.... I was considering work from home too before... Lucky I did not do that. I think better go to office, then let my mum take care my baby at home. At least I can have a piece of mind here.....

You make a right decision haha. I was thinking to go back early to office but but but can't see my lo every time.

Mummies who using spectra, are we suppose to change the membrane/ back flow protector once a while?

Today I change a new back flow protector and I never felt my breast so empty before!

I nv change leh. I now using my medela parts with spectra pump... Lo.

Any mummies using Moo Moo Kow or Charlie Banana? Any reviews?

I am using moo moo kow and sgbums (I think).

I think all the cloth diaper out there are all abt the same quality and same material. Price wise are between $20 to $30 per pc. Just need to look out for promotions during fairs.

I kinda like this cloth diapering thing. Very easy to use. Cept that u need to wash it lah.

I will use 2 nappy liners each time. One I will fold three and put on first then I put another one on top of it. When they are soiled, I just flushed down the nappy liners. if its just urine, I will just rinse then dump into a pail. If its poo, I will spray wash the diaper and give a lil scrub with a lil soap and then rinse and dump into pail. I'll normally wash 2days load of diapers together.

At night and if going out, I use disposable diapers.

I bought the moo moo kow too but it's sitting inside my cabinet. I guess when bb is older 4 month n above when they poo less I can let him wear.
Nazriah how many inserts u have to change daily on average?

I bought the moo moo kow too but it's sitting inside my cabinet. I guess when bb is older 4 month n above when they poo less I can let him wear.
Nazriah how many inserts u have to change daily on average?

Abt 4-5 like that.
I find that my girl urinate more at night rather than in the day. She was abt 2 mths when I started cloth diapering her. I have a total abt 8 cloth diapers and many2 inserts.

Any mummies using Moo Moo Kow or Charlie Banana? Any reviews?

I am using moo moo kow and raf raf. I started using them since bb is born but night time I use disposable. I have 6 moo moo kow diapers and 12 inserts, 6 raf raf with 6 day and 6 night inserts but I haven't use the night inserts yet. I bought the liner inserts from moo moo kow and can just flush after use. I will briefly scrubbed the inserts when they are soiled with poo and dump into a pail with soapy water. For urine, I just dump into the pail. I washed them Every alternate days in the washing machine under baby cycle and everything turned out very clean. I also bought traditional 20 cloth nappy, fold and use as inserts too. I change about 6-7 inserts a day.

Personally I prefer moo moo kow. The inside of the raf raf cover will be wet everytime bb urine so it has to be changed everytime. For moo moo kow, it remained dry even when the inserts are wet so I will reuse the cover. If not, it will not be enough to change.

I have never use cloth diapers before. Is it troublesome? Hygiene wise, is it really clean? Really save a lot of money? Need to change the 'diaper' as baby grows rite?

I have never use cloth diapers before. Is it troublesome? Hygiene wise, is it really clean? Really save a lot of money? Need to change the 'diaper' as baby grows rite?
I think not so hard. Just wash the diapers every 2 days in washing machine... Does not even take 5 min of ur time. But must be diligent in washing lor.

I hear ppl say that once baby hit 100days,will be much easier to handle. I read in some article that babies won't be as insecure once they're 4 months old,they can start to be alone and self entertain. So the Chinese saying of 100days is about 4 months too.
Yup! Thats what the elderly and my nanny are saying. Once u tahan past 4 months or 100 days, u will find LO a joy to be around with and a breeze (relatively to pre 100 days) to take care. I think the medical rationale behind is that baby's gastrointestinal system matures after 3 months and increasingly less gassiness and tummy discomfort. And also like what @Purplehunny says they feel less insecure and more at ease with the outside world and stimulants.. They become more sociable too. So yup, im counting down too! Fingers crossed

May I know what is sign of colicky baby? These 2 days my baby cry ard 7-8pm about 15mins. For some reason I feel her cry sounded different from usual. Today is 3rd day I am monitoring..

May I know what is sign of colicky baby? These 2 days my baby cry ard 7-8pm about 15mins. For some reason I feel her cry sounded different from usual. Today is 3rd day I am monitoring..
If u google, colic is defined as prolonged crying for more than 3 hours a day for at least three times a week. However, in real life, a colicky baby may not cry exactly for this amount of time yet he or she is still colicky. Watch out for high pitched persistent crying or even 'screaming' for no apprent reason (ie already fed, diaper changed, temperature ok, nt sleepy) and is v hard to soothe (no matter if u gently rock, shush her, cuddle or sayang) and u can sense baby is in some sort of discomfort or 'pain'. Tends to occur in latter half of the day...

Have u checked ur mouth etc? Cos my mama friend lo also dun wanna drink, only wanna slp. End up having thrush on the inner top (11hrs nv drink).
Or is she colicky? I remember someone post tat it happened from 7pm to 10pm something liddat wor...
Ur girl 4-6hrs nv drink? What her max hours wo milk? Jus monitor her output that she have wet diapers..

@yew_yew , nope mine not back. Hope after 1 yr.. U sure feel sian!! Is it heavy flow? I heard ppl mummy menses once den subsequent month dun have again leh...

In the end she drank at 10pm using bottle den fall asleep. Today tried bottle feed, she ok already. I guess she not used to it as she direct latch on every day.
=D

time flies so fast, this is my last weekend on leave. Monday got to work. i will miss LO.='(

In the end she drank at 10pm using bottle den fall asleep. Today tried bottle feed, she ok already. I guess she not used to it as she direct latch on every day.
=D

time flies so fast, this is my last weekend on leave. Monday got to work. i will miss LO.='(

Yes. . U will definately miss ur bb.. I took a week to get used to it n always looking foward to see him after work!

Any of u flying with newborn baby alone? What do i need to do during the entire trip? How risky is it?

Fly alone nv, but whole family with bb lor.
On board plane -
Pacifier, milk bottle, (hot water, boiled cool water, for fm),( hot water, cooler bag, ice pack, for ebm)-can request keep in plane fridge, clothes etc. some plane provide diaper..
During trip, stoller if its baby friendly, carrier, many diapers & wipes, tissue, clothes, bibs, socks, changing mat, toiletries,oil lotion,etc.
for me, i try to travel light n some stuff will buy from the place i travel if its a long trip.

The only troublesome part is scrubbing the napkins or inserts when bb poos. Some pole may not like to do that too. Soak in pail and wash alternate days. I use baby cycle and it turns out very clean. If there is any stain from poo, just sun the inserts and it will get rid of stain. So far so good. The diaper cover has buttons to adjust the size so can wear till quite big depending on your bb size. I think saving money is one, I feel that it's more environmentally friendly and better for bb butt. Personal preference cos it's definitely more work than disposable.

Just collected bb passport. Very fast n efficient!

Wahh!! Can go for a trip alrdy!!
Been wanting to do passport for my daughter, day in day out kept on procrastinating. It didn't help that its still hari raya season... but must do fast2... I intend to go for a short getaway end September!

Fly alone nv, but whole family with bb lor.
On board plane -
Pacifier, milk bottle, (hot water, boiled cool water, for fm),( hot water, cooler bag, ice pack, for ebm)-can request keep in plane fridge, clothes etc. some plane provide diaper..
During trip, stoller if its baby friendly, carrier, many diapers & wipes, tissue, clothes, bibs, socks, changing mat, toiletries,oil lotion,etc.
for me, i try to travel light n some stuff will buy from the place i travel if its a long trip.

Wow so many things to bring haha. I booked my ticket for christmas overseas trip and by then lo 8months should be easier and no need to bring so many things.

Wahh!! Can go for a trip alrdy!!
Been wanting to do passport for my daughter, day in day out kept on procrastinating. It didn't help that its still hari raya season... but must do fast2... I intend to go for a short getaway end September!

Bring bb back malaysia to visit my family next month:)
Naz, do it online v fast n easy. Aft that u go collect when it's ready.

Any of u flying with newborn baby alone? What do i need to do during the entire trip? How risky is it?
I'm a cabin crew and have seen many mummies fly alone with babies. Depends on the behavior of your LO by then. Cos some can really cry cry cry and there's nowhere in the plane u can 'hide'. Like what @furbee said,Bring bottles and milk powder,diapers,wipes onboard. Don't risk or take for granted that onboard has it all. Stroller have to be checked in. Can push until the gate then ground staff will keep into cargo.

U can request hot water from the crew but for normal temp water,only mineral water is available. But securities very strict,cannot bring water onboard,u need to tell the security that you've an infant.

EBM can request to put in fridge or ask for dry ice. Go to a toilet that has changing table,can look for the sign. (Not all has changing table)

Best to feed baby during take off and landing so that they suckle and it will prevent ear block which causes a lot of pain for them.

Remember to request for bassinet if not u gotta carry LO whole flight. Lastly just pray that LO don't lose control if not you'll get all the unfriendly stares.

Thats the thing. Wanna do online also procrastinate. Still haven't take photo. Every time take photo she moves alot.
Haha. You can download a phone app for phototaking for the passport. But its not easy to catch the moment when the bb dun move. I will be trying out next week too. Really wish to travel even if its nearby.

Dear mummies, when can we stop burping the bb? After 3 months or we need to continue doing so after each feed? My boy seems to burp lesser recently.

Recently I can't empty my breast... until found out the tear on the valve. After changing it, the pump power back to expectation.
So... I think those rubber parts like back flow protector and valves need to change after using it for sometimes.

Btw, i'm had used M1 for 2mths +

Attachments

• 1437834640611.jpg
    1437834640611.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 112
Hi mummies! My LO already has her passport and photo taken at ICA itself. They're really pro at taking baby photos so best to go there (I gave up taking myself that's why I went there).
Then you can go to the passport information counter to verify the application (you need to bring baby, his/her birth certificate, and the IC of the person collecting the passport) so that you don't need to bring baby when collecting passport!
When collecting passport you only need to bring the pink letter, LO birth cert, and the person collecting's IC!

Pretty fast to collect if you make appt online :) happy traveling!

I
Recently I can't empty my breast... until found out the tear on the valve. After changing it, the pump power back to expectation.
So... I think those rubber parts like back flow protector and valves need to change after using it for sometimes.

Btw, i'm had used M1 for 2mths +

Have been changing the valve whenever I hear air sound during pumping.. Think like every few weeks got to change.. But I have never change the back flow protector before..

Back