(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

I have a weird problem today. I have ran out of breastmilk storage bags and we dont have storage cups at home except for the two medela ones which came with freestyle pump. I can try to latch baby more but the other side sure needs to pump out too as she would have had her fill from one side. Was intending to wait till tomorrow to go stock up at the baby expo. Haha.

Anyone using goo.n for bb and experiencing some diaper rash? :|

Mummies how long you plan to breastfeed your LO?
I think we are aiming to bf her for at least a year. However what worries me now is the uncertainty after returning to work. My agency has a nice nursing room and facilities to nurse. However my boss (unmarried, 50 yrs old and a teeny bit grouchy) micromanages and im afraid she wont be happy to know i have to pump away from desk at least twice a day? Sigh. Bt will keep gg for now since supply is adequate..

@Minn07 I understand where you're coming from. Sometimes my hubby comes home and he eat while watching iPad,slowly go shower. Taking his own sweet time when I need him to take over asap when he's back so that I can at least lie down.

But I'm still lucky that he do one of the night feeds so that I can sleep and he always wash and sterilized the accumulated bottles.

Let's all jia you together! We're still learning to know LO better and LO also learning to know us each day.

Going baby fair later to check out diapers.

Thanks mummies for your encouragements. :) Truly only mummies understand.

I think most men are the same. Yes I agree they just do not have the motherly love and instincts in them. At the end of the day, most of the responsibilities still fall on the mother and we gladly do it for our children.

@furbee , my bb is 9weeks today. I only DL once or twice a day Max. my flow is slow... Lo always get impatient at the breast and will start pulling at the nipple. Always end up nipple sore after latch too many times. So I prefer to pump. also low supply... Will not be enough for lo if I dun pump every 2-3hrly... Sigh.. But I will try to persevere until at least 6 mths.

Jiayou everyone!

@Minn07, how low is ur supply? I think mine ever lower. I have started work n I didn't pump in office. I will pump when I reach home ard 7pm.. only manage to pump ard 120ml for almost 12 hrs gap, which take me at least an hour. Then I will latch baby in the middle of nite ( which he will usually doze off). I only manage to give breastmilk at nite.. day time is formula milk. But I m happy that I still can give breastmilk for bb even though is very little. I m hoping that I can continue for few more months.

Ya... my hubby say he needs relieve stress, went out pub to play pool, drink and mix with his frens. I'm always happy to let him go. But where is my personal time too? Go out dinner with frens, he ask me chop chop come back. Limit me time. Told him coming Hari Raya we will all go my buddy house for Steamboat. He asked what time we go and what time come home. Told him 3 or 4plus go, 8 or 9 plus come home. He say 7 plus can come back liao cos next day has to work. Wah biangz.. telling me eat liao, shake my buttock and leave?? Not paiseh ar? He went pub 10 plus 11plus come home, next day working not tired. Go my fren house Steamboat next day work will tired!
Haiyah... It's just like that. Jiayou mummy! I hope ur kid will appreciate your sacrifice in future!

@Minn07, how low is ur supply? I think mine ever lower. I have started work n I didn't pump in office. I will pump when I reach home ard 7pm.. only manage to pump ard 120ml for almost 12 hrs gap, which take me at least an hour. Then I will latch baby in the middle of nite ( which he will usually doze off). I only manage to give breastmilk at nite.. day time is formula milk. But I m happy that I still can give breastmilk for bb even though is very little. I m hoping that I can continue for few more months.

I am supplementing with FM for 1 or 2 feeds a day, not enough bm for whole day. So if I skip too many pumps then will have to supplement even more with FM and I also scared will cause my supply to decrease further.

Not feasible for u to pump at least once at work? I dont dare to lapse so long between pumps. Scared of blocked ducts again. Actually my supply was more in the beginning, can get 900+ml a day. But had a few times mastitis and blocked ducts and supply decreased and never went back to the level in the beginning. Now only can get 500-600ml a day. I'm also not aiming for any surplus supply to store, just hope to have sufficient supply for lo's daily feed can already...

I have a weird problem today. I have ran out of breastmilk storage bags and we dont have storage cups at home except for the two medela ones which came with freestyle pump. I can try to latch baby more but the other side sure needs to pump out too as she would have had her fill from one side. Was intending to wait till tomorrow to go stock up at the baby expo. Haha.

Anyone using goo.n for bb and experiencing some diaper rash? :|

I'm using goon for bb since birth. No diaper rash so far *keeping fingers crossed*

CL used to apply a huge blob of desitin during every diaper change, said its to prevent diaper rash. But after CL left I stopped applying desitin as I feel its very strong. I will only use if there is really diaper rash. For maintenance, I use drapolene, cos I heard its milder. And I only apply drapolene after each bath, not after every diaper change.

Hi Mummies,
I need to find a very small cot or bed for my 2months old bb due to space constraint. Any suggestion?

TIA

Expo got sell those 4in1 bb cot, quite comoact, but price looks on high side to me... Quite alot ppl buying it too. Nv really go n ask the measure either. If not can go ikea and get? Or if u dun mind lots of ppl selling preloved..cos bb outgrow very fast also.

Anybody at the expo now?

I went there ard 1030 and walked for 1.5hrs. Nv buy much leh...
What bout u?
Anyone else went to buy?

@Twirlycandy i jus bought for my Lo his 1st pack of Goon.N. My #1&2 kids allergy to jap brand diapers.. So hoping lo can use for night.. Yr bb develop bad rash??

Expo got sell those 4in1 bb cot, quite comoact, but price looks on high side to me... Quite alot ppl buying it too. Nv really go n ask the measure either. If not can go ikea and get? Or if u dun mind lots of ppl selling preloved..cos bb outgrow very fast also.

I went there ard 1030 and walked for 1.5hrs. Nv buy much leh...
What bout u?
Anyone else went to buy?

@Twirlycandy i jus bought for my Lo his 1st pack of Goon.N. My #1&2 kids allergy to jap brand diapers.. So hoping lo can use for night.. Yr bb develop bad rash??

There is small patches of rashes on her bum area. We started switching between goo.n and merries a few weeks ago cos bought a packet of goon from expo in june. Only noticed the slight redness these few days hence now stopped goo.n completely to see if it gets better (she was using merries nb in the first month). We applied egozite/ mustela vitamin barrier cream on her bum bum.

Heading to expo tmr to look see look see!

Hi Mummies,
I need to find a very small cot or bed for my 2months old bb due to space constraint. Any suggestion?

TIA

I bought mine from carousell. Very compact. So far seems ok ah. Just a Lil hard to find bedsheets unless u get from them as well. I made my own. Ok lah not I make. Got my aunty to do it for me. Hahhaha...

Size-wise, I like it. And there's storage as well.

Attachments

• 1436514133182.jpg
    1436514133182.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 152
@furbee I just left. Reached abt 2 just now. Super crowded and the aisles quite narrow and it didnt help with those who bring the gigantic strollers.

Got my bosomi wipes and diapers and moo moo kow mattress pad!

Didnt bother to look and much. Headache with lots of ppl

I went there for less than an hr coz was stealing time from my post partum ogtt two hr break to check out. Bought spectra s1 as hubby couldn't bear seeing me suffer from inefficient pumps despite me telling him I may stop bf soon. Also bought fiffy clothes for bb pyjamas. Pretty cheap, three sets for $20, top n bottom. No fanciful design though. Wanted to pay for pigeon wet wipes n check out diapers but ran outta time. Was 15 mins late for two hr blood test. Lol.

Hi all! I went baby fair this morning too! Didn't buy much too cos I wasn't there for diapers.. haha.. I think the payment queue started forming very early for the diapers! Walked around and bought nursing dress from Milky Way to attend a wedding dinner.. in fact I bought 2.. haha.. then now at home regretting why I bought 2.. zzz.. might be going back tmrw and hope to exchange for something else with more mileage.. lol.. my hubby is gonna kill me for being so troublesome.. haha

I am hoping to bf for a year if possible. But let me survive the 6 months first.

I'm running out of storage bags too. Using Pur now. Is it selling at Expo? I'm not working so I guess I don't have to build up a big stash of milk. However, I'm worried of engorgement and blocked ducts if I extend my pumping session at night. After pump it will be a waste if I don't keep it.

Well, men needs a lot of me time. I went for OGTT on Tuesday morning and my hb was taking care of LO alone. He keeps giving her pacifier so that he can have peace. He is also skipping his weekly tennis session and asked me when he can resume. But I'm glad that he is helping with 1 night feed now. Getting tired of waking up and pump, wash parts, drink milo.... Everything in takes about 45 mins for each pump session then wake up again to feed or pump again.

Mummies, let's Jiayou tog....

I went and bought wipes and pacifier only. Didnt buy diapers as i have enough.. funny thing none of promoters stopped me or tried to promote stuff. I dun look like a mom? Or even a mom to be? Lol

Hi all! I went baby fair this morning too! Didn't buy much too cos I wasn't there for diapers.. haha.. I think the payment queue started forming very early for the diapers! Walked around and bought nursing dress from Milky Way to attend a wedding dinner.. in fact I bought 2.. haha.. then now at home regretting why I bought 2.. zzz.. might be going back tmrw and hope to exchange for something else with more mileage.. lol.. my hubby is gonna kill me for being so troublesome.. haha

I bot 2 tops, same design different colour :x like so silly.....haha but my mom went to ash it. So hope i can wear it often. Sigh. Forget tat i be gg back work so no chance latch outside with lo..

I went and bought wipes and pacifier only. Didnt buy diapers as i have enough.. funny thing none of promoters stopped me or tried to promote stuff. I dun look like a mom? Or even a mom to be? Lol

Thats good leh. I kenna stop like... Emmm cannot count how many times. :p even my mum was pestered! Lol. The diapers aint v cheap leh. N the free delivery not v appealing cos need buy alot!!

@furbee I just left. Reached abt 2 just now. Super crowded and the aisles quite narrow and it didnt help with those who bring the gigantic strollers.

Got my bosomi wipes and diapers and moo moo kow mattress pad!

Didnt bother to look and much. Headache with lots of ppl
Oohdah @nazriah .. the things u buy are wad I have in mind too.. ha..the mattress pad got promo? Currently I'm using it and finds it quite gd.. love the brand.. even using the reusable breastpad. Bosimi wipes's price? Hmm.. Considering whether to buy as already stored like quite alot of wipes. Need to find space. .

Maybe will pop by the fair on Sunday with hubby and baby.. hmm.. hope not everything sold out.. :D

I am hoping to bf for a year if possible. But let me survive the 6 months first.

I'm running out of storage bags too. Using Pur now. Is it selling at Expo? I'm not working so I guess I don't have to build up a big stash of milk. However, I'm worried of engorgement and blocked ducts if I extend my pumping session at night. After pump it will be a waste if I don't keep it.

Well, men needs a lot of me time. I went for OGTT on Tuesday morning and my hb was taking care of LO alone. He keeps giving her pacifier so that he can have peace. He is also skipping his weekly tennis session and asked me when he can resume. But I'm glad that he is helping with 1 night feed now. Getting tired of waking up and pump, wash parts, drink milo.... Everything in takes about 45 mins for each pump session then wake up again to feed or pump again.

Mummies, let's Jiayou tog....
What is OGTT?

Hi mummies!

I've been a consistent silent reader since March. Gave birth to a healthy baby girl (first child) on the 16th of May and I really love his forum thread! Thank you for sharing so many things :)

But it's time for me to say hi and rant cause my patience is being pushed to the limit unfortunately.

I'm currently tbf as and when necessary and pumping 2-4 times a day.. Not working currently so I do aim to bf for as long as I can.

I'm ranting here because I feel under appreciated by the hb :(
My MIL has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung Ca in end Jan this year and I have been by her side (she has 4 sons but I'm the only DIL that's not working) ever since. I spent nights in the hospital with a big pregnant belly and tried my best to keep her comfortable. In March, my mother has been diagnosed with stage 4 breast Ca and that's when I started feeling more stressed out. (Thank god same hospital.)

The plan was for my mum to move in with me for my confinement but because of her disease, it's just me and the hb taking care of the baby. My mum's chemo started 1 week after my delivery and she's still going through it now as I type.. My MIL is finally at home after 6 months in hospital but her disease is showing no sign of improvement.

So right now I have to split myself up into 2 to take care of my MIL and my mother and to bring my LO everywhere I go.. I've been bringing her out to hospitals and everywhere I go. My hb works shifts so there are some nights when I'm all alone with LO.

He's accusing me of spending too much time with my mother and now seeing my MIL enough.. Just because I said I want to stay at home and try to catch up on some sleep today instead of being by my MIL's side.

I know he gets less sleep than I do cause of the shift work and takes care of LO whenever we're outside together but I just feel so exhausted right now :( fasting month + breastfeeding may not be the best combination..

Sorry for the super long post! Just had to let it out..

Hi @happycsk.. the pupsik sling size is according to your body length diagonally from should to hip and size of baby doesn't matter for it. There is a sizing chart too so u can refer to that. Maybe u can borrow from someone who has L or XL to try too.. hee.. I'm using S currently and finds it great for me when carrying baby around the house cos there is no buckles and straps.. so I can just grab and put it on. But I do use it when going out too cos I like the cloth design .. hoho;) and actually I love my babasling too and have no issue with the "more cloth" rather during rainy days, the extra cloth I can use to cover baby from splatters of rain while walking under shelters.. started to use when bb is only 4days old to jaundice visits n it served well:)

Actually I just anyhow trial and error to use.. anybody here will wanna try wraps? I'm so tempted but dunno should start or not.. hmm...:rolleyes:View attachment 551205

Omg u so pro!! I really like the way u use the babasling, I think I'll have another try at it. It seems so complex for me when I follow the video for cradle position. Sigh!

Hi @yanarah , congratz on ur first born!! Been a tough pregnancy,delivery, confinement, n more so tiring journey tat u r going thru. U are truely amazing, n i believe all be well for u n ur family.

Honestly, from ur post i feel tat u r a great mom, dil, daughter, wife... Im sure u been kiping all ur problems n emotions to urself. What bout ur siblings? Anyone to help u out with ur mom? Maybe u do need time to rest even for a short while to take a breather. I trust tat ur not angry with ur hub, but more so wish tat he can jus understand tat u are trying ur best..n he too been helping u alot. Will kip ur mil n mom in prayers n tat they b in pink of health. For now maybe u can jus make do with DL, cut on pump session since u wont b needing any ebm for the time being? At least more time to run ur errand n play with ur girl, tc of ur hub mil mom too.. Dont give up!!

Oohdah @nazriah .. the things u buy are wad I have in mind too.. ha..the mattress pad got promo? Currently I'm using it and finds it quite gd.. love the brand.. even using the reusable breastpad. Bosimi wipes's price? Hmm.. Considering whether to buy as already stored like quite alot of wipes. Need to find space. .

Maybe will pop by the fair on Sunday with hubby and baby.. hmm.. hope not everything sold out.. :D

Bosomi wipes are at $18 per carton of 10packets of 60sheets/pkt.

The mattress pad same price as previous fair at $29 each. They have something similar to the mattress pad, but thinner, the diaper pad. Comes in 2 sizes. Small ones are at $26 (buy 1 get 1 free) and large ones at $34 (buy 1 get 1 free).

Hi @yanarah
Welcome in! Another malay in the house!

I agree with what @furbee said. Maybe u can try to tell your husband that it's difficult to cope. If only its possible to divide our body into pieces. Talk to your siblings as well. Whenever it involves parents, everyone has to take part whether they are working or not and not just expect the ones not working to be fully responsible for everything. If you did not have a baby recently maybe its a lil easier, but with a new baby, new environment as a new mom, breastfeeding, recuperating from delivery, I believe they take a toll on you.
Inform the parties that it is taxing on you. As much as u want to do everything also, its not healthy.

Your health - mental and physical, is crucial at the moment. U need to be healthy for everybody esp your baby.

In this last week of ramadhan, ask for blessing for you to have the strength to go through this period.

We all here for you.
Jiayou!

For those who are interested with the baby fair, the Onwards diapers are selling at $48 per carton which makes $12 dollars a pack. Rather cheap as compared to NTUC which is selling at $16.80 per pack.

Quite a number of wet-tissue vendor but always go for Organic Story which is $29.90 for 10 packs. Bought 3 cartons for that for free delivery.

I am wondering if anyone took the Studioplay package which is selling at $148 at expo sales... Is it worthwhile?

I went to the fair today with baby and hubs. Bought babysafe latex mattress and pillow, the prices are quite good compared to the normal retail prices. hoping baby don't keep getting red hot spots on her back due to heat.

I stocked up moony and ByaBya wet wipes from qoo10 previously and I now have 4 cartons to go thru. Stopped myself from buying organic story! But it does seem attractive as it sells itself on organic! I am a sucker for this word when it comes to baby stuff, haha. Same goes for 'bamboo'.

I missed the moomoocow booth totally gosh! I love the bamboo velour cloth for baby bath time! It's so soft and gentle on baby skin. I have the changing pad I bought from last fair and I must say it is very good, pretty and really waterproof. I place it on top of baby's changing pad so it's gentle on her skin.

I went to the fair today with baby and hubs. Bought babysafe latex mattress and pillow, the prices are quite good compared to the normal retail prices. hoping baby don't keep getting red hot spots on her back due to heat.

I stocked up moony and ByaBya wet wipes from qoo10 previously and I now have 4 cartons to go thru. Stopped myself from buying organic story! But it does seem attractive as it sells itself on organic! I am a sucker for this word when it comes to baby stuff, haha. Same goes for 'bamboo'.

I missed the moomoocow booth totally gosh! I love the bamboo velour cloth for baby bath time! It's so soft and gentle on baby skin. I have the changing pad I bought from last fair and I must say it is very good, pretty and really waterproof. I place it on top of baby's changing pad so it's gentle on her skin.

Moomookow booth was very near organic story

My LO has been waking up every 45 mins and crying even after feeding and diaper change. She is week 7 now. Dunno what's wrong with her. Both hb n I are so tired. Hb has already lost his patience.

My LO has been waking up every 45 mins and crying even after feeding and diaper change. She is week 7 now. Dunno what's wrong with her. Both hb n I are so tired. Hb has already lost his patience.
Stomach gassy? Constipated? Try to see if her tummy is big.. If yes, do a bit of massage to release the gas.. And apply ruyi oil or give her ridwind..

@yanarah honestly I really admire u.. U are taking care of ur LO by itself, yet still can take care of you MIL. On top of that, you are fasting too?? Hmm.. U should let ur hubby read this forum so he can understand how tough it is.. Very honestly now I have my mother and a helper, yet still feel super exhausted with all the baby daily activities and pumping sessions. Tsk don't feel too upset yeah.. Just want ur frustration here to us. We are here to help each other..

Stomach gassy? Constipated? Try to see if her tummy is big.. If yes, do a bit of massage to release the gas.. And apply ruyi oil or give her ridwind..
Or try to carry her more upright and see if she passes gas. And try to look out for signs of gassiness or discomfort by observing dows she arch her legs towards her tummy and cry in a higher pitched tone?

I tink there is a growth spurt this week. My lo drank a lot for the week. Super cranky.. take care!

@yanarah you have been a super mum, wife, daughter and DIL. Its not easy taking care of cancer patient. Furthermore you got a newborn with you. If possible, try to seek more help. It must be real tiring for you.. Take good care of urself and do not neglect your health. Hope all gets better soon!

@furbee @nazriah @isenggirl @Anna0214
:') thank you mummies for all your support. It definitely feels much better letting it all out.
My brother is around but he's leaving to study overseas next month so he's not doing much and my sister is based overseas so I'm the only one left to help with my mother unfortunately.
But my BILs have been great; just that i feel the pressure to help my MIL emotionally cause it's definitely different talking to man and a woman..

Ultimately I'm thankful for an understanding baby. My LO has been the one cheering me on with her smiles and laughters. Recently she has a rash on her cheek and the PD diagnosed her with a fungal infection. It has been 2 weeks since the rash and it's still not disappearing. Only realised it's bad beginning of the week though :/ hopefully it'll disappear soon with the cream the PD prescribed!

@yanarah... you are a fantastic lady.. u did things that probably some of us can't possibly do.. taking care of so many ppl at one time. Bringing bb out alone already give me shivers, not to say staying long hours out there taking care of two people. Its not an easy path for u at the moment, but you will be blessed and being appreciated in due course. Meanwhile do sanitize before handling little one as its not always advisable to bring baby to hospital but I understand you need to. Jiayou and we will give u moral support. Take care of yourself too.

Babe..what changing pad is that? Is it ex? Can show pic? I need to change one as the current one is dumex gift but all messed up.

Babe..what changing pad is that? Is it ex? Can show pic? I need to change one as the current one is dumex gift but all messed up.

Moo moo kow mattress pad. This one is thicker. if the changing pad is thinner.

Mattress pad is selling at $29 (normal price $39)
Changing pad
small is at $26 buy 1 get 1 free
Large is at $34 buy 1 get 1 free

I like it too as well. Very waterproof. I use it everyday after showering my baby. At least my bed won't be wet. Once my girl had a poonami and it splashed all over. Lucky got the mattress pad. Save the hassle to change my bedsheet

Attachments

• 1436577650509.jpg
    1436577650509.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 128
Guess if I juz wanna get milk bags n breast pad, is not worth going to expo sale?

The milkbags promo i feel not v tempting leh. Ard the same price or mayb slightly more i jus can buy frm this forum, n dun need squeeze wit the crowd n pay fr the parking. But if u buying others mayb can consider to go. Anw, i saw Goo.N selling breastpads!! Duno if its gd anot...

@nazriah so sry can i ask wats the diff btw mattress pad n changing pad? Cos my lo co sleep so i duno if i shld get one fr him at least wont wet my mattress!

The milkbags promo i feel not v tempting leh. Ard the same price or mayb slightly more i jus can buy frm this forum, n dun need squeeze wit the crowd n pay fr the parking. But if u buying others mayb can consider to go. Anw, i saw Goo.N selling breastpads!! Duno if its gd anot...

@nazriah so sry can i ask wats the diff btw mattress pad n changing pad? Cos my lo co sleep so i duno if i shld get one fr him at least wont wet my mattress!

Mattress pad much thicker than changing pad. Like 2 or 3 times thicker.
But both also waterproof ah. I think u can get the large changing pad for co sleeping. (Coz I bought that also. Hahahha)

At least buy changing pad got 2. One can bring out put in the bag and one put at home on the bed.

Just wanna thank those who encourage me..

Haha. I cleared my block duct. Past few days, my right breast drop from 40ml pp to 10 ml pp. This morning, i no mood to go out for breakfast. So i took a hot shower to massage. Suddenly, it just 'shoot out'. I came out from bathroom, told my hubby i just need 10 more min to pump and we can go breakfast. Haha. Sounds silly. =)

haha i didn't even get to organic story booth this time as wipes were not on my list and i want to prevent myself from buying another carton. hubs alrdy say our house like warehouse for baby. everything also want stock up. HAHA

My room also like warehouse. Now I got abt 10packets of diapers. If hungry and no food can eat diapers liao. Hahhahaha....
Its just not helping that hari raya is round the corner. Dunno how to clean the room.

On a positive note, my bto gonna be ready soon. The first block got their letters to collect keys by early September. Mine hopefully by December!! Cant wait!

My husband says that I should not pick up baby everytime she cries. When I asked him to take care of her for 2h in the morning while I rest (sick today), he left her crying on the cot or on the sofa. He got quite angry when I asked him to carry her as she is crying. He thinks that I have developed a bad habit in her to cry for attention.

So, is it we must train baby to cry it out at this stage? Am I doing something wrong? Baby is 6 weeks old.

Back