(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

@Yi Fang is there dairy on ur diet? it could be dairy products that causes reflux in baby. Try eliminate dairy from ur diet.
Yeap I eliminated all dairy products, and my lo is on mostly EBM (pumped out cos he doesn't want to latch) now but initially in the first week as my milk only came in on 7th day, he was on fm. For now, occasionally once in about 2-3 days, I will feed him fm if I feel that my supply is kinda low for the week. Fm is Nestle NAN HA, was told by PD to change from Similac as the latter was sweeter and caused some phlegm. Hmmm, lemme try to see what else I can do, thanks mummy!

Ladies. Any mommy taking care of baby alone? I find it tedious to take care of my lo. Esp she can't be left alone..or she will keep crying for me. Have to sneak out only when she is sound asleep to go toilet, have my meals and do housework chores. How do u ladies manage? I have been the main caregiver for 2 weeks and I still can't find the tempo.

I'm also taking care of bb alone...but my parents come 2-3 days a week to cook for me and mop the floor. Morning is the most busy time. Have to wake up before bb wakes up to have bf. Once she is up, need to bf her.... Play with her... Bathe her. Only when she falls asleep then can go toilet or quickly prepare lunch. Have to make use of her sleeping time to do thing and rest. I'm also still not good yet...but just take it as it comes. Can't plan too much.

Confused by the number of vaccinations for bb. I went to poly clinic for hep b 2nd dose at 1 month.

My understanding?...

Compulsory and free for sg citizens at poly:
Hep B 3rd dose: 5-6 months
5 in 1 which is Dtap, IPV and Hib right? To be taken at 3,4,5 and 18 months?
MMR: 12 month for 1st jab and 15-18 months for 2nd jab

Optional jabs and payable:
Pneumococcal - 3,5 and 12 months
Chicken pox: 2 doses after 1 yr old

A few of you mentioned Rotavirus. Saw that in pd's schedule but not under polyclinic. How many doses and how much? Can get from poly?

Any other vaccines?

60ml for 1 spoon? I thought 30ml for 1 spoon leh. So which is right?

@cynn04 perhaps u change brand? My girl taking Enfamil and poop it's fine. Just that sometimes skip a day or two then massive poop but poop are soft.

I think diff brands may hv diff amt of water for one scoop.

My boy poops everyday le, but hard stools. See him straining so poor thing. My #1 was on enfamil but no such problem, guess every kid is different.

Confused by the number of vaccinations for bb. I went to poly clinic for hep b 2nd dose at 1 month.

My understanding?...

Compulsory and free for sg citizens at poly:
Hep B 3rd dose: 5-6 months
5 in 1 which is Dtap, IPV and Hib right? To be taken at 3,4,5 and 18 months?
MMR: 12 month for 1st jab and 15-18 months for 2nd jab

Optional jabs and payable:
Pneumococcal - 3,5 and 12 months
Chicken pox: 2 doses after 1 yr old

A few of you mentioned Rotavirus. Saw that in pd's schedule but not under polyclinic. How many doses and how much? Can get from poly?

Any other vaccines?

Polyclinic can get the rotavirus oral medication. I rem have to take the first dose after 12wks old, n before 16wks. Den got 2nd dose. If over the age for 1st dose means cannot take the rotavirus. Have to call and check. I heard bedok polyclinic dont have, so have to call other polyclinic to make the appt. i went wdls n tpy polyclinic both have. Fyi.

60ml for 1 spoon? I thought 30ml for 1 spoon leh. So which is right?

@cynn04 perhaps u change brand? My girl taking Enfamil and poop it's fine. Just that sometimes skip a day or two then massive poop but poop are soft.

I also remember infant fm is 30ml water 1 scoop. Haha unless is older kids is 50ml 1 scoop. But ya lots of brand in market ..so have to read before making the milk!

@Yi Fang i know what u mean when bb throw the body back den reflux etc. same as mine, this week happened countless times, ytd was the worse after i ate ice cream. Sigh. I nv bring to pd or give med yet, jus trying to monitor thou he still puke tdy.. =[
The med tat pd prescibed works for ur bb?? But is it like supplement kind? Can stop any time or good to continue?

Mummies, u ladies are great! I alone take care of lo for 1/2 day sure become moody! Haha. Somemore i duno how to cook. U all still can eat n do hsehold chores, salute!!

Yeah i was informed that 6in1 jab is when baby 6 mnts. 1st mnth is hep b 2nd dose and 3rd month will be 5in1 jab. I'm so confuse why a lot of mummies here already go for 6 in 1 jab when baby 2 mnths. Maybe different from polyclinic?

I'm confused too. I know we can choose either 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 but whichever we choose, the baby has to be 3 mths old to take the jab. How come so many 2mth old babies here took 6-in-1 already?

Jts
FB_IMG_1426406387006.jpg

I also take care of my boy myself.. But I'm quite lucky that my mil will bring lunch for me almost everyday... Sometime my boy can play himself quite a while so I can go shower, wash bottles all these.. Then sometime no choice just have to let him cry moreover he don't nap long in the afternoon. I always very stress if he don't nap one..

By the way, I thought baby like to be on their tummy but my boy seems to dislike it.. Everytime I try put him on tummy he will make noise..

Hi mummies,

I have a qn here..pls help.
Recently I changed bottle teats for my LO but somehow he doesn't like the new teats.
I used teats for 1mth+ and also tried 3mth+ (lo is 2mths +), both he disliked. He drinks as if very diff to suckle the bottle & face turn red..
End up DL more often. I used to feed him via bottle and only DL during wee hours...

Did u experience such case?

Mummies, LO is 8wo and is extremely fussy and sticky - wants to be carried all day long and doesn't want to sleep. Any other LOs the same at 8w? TIA!

Hi mummies,

I have a qn here..pls help.
Recently I changed bottle teats for my LO but somehow he doesn't like the new teats.
I used teats for 1mth+ and also tried 3mth+ (lo is 2mths +), both he disliked. He drinks as if very diff to suckle the bottle & face turn red..
End up DL more often. I used to feed him via bottle and only DL during wee hours...

Did u experience such case?

How old is ur bb? Growth spurt? Colic? Maybe he prefers to be DL den bottles cos of the flow?.. Have u tried other brand of bottle too?

Mummies, LO is 8wo and is extremely fussy and sticky - wants to be carried all day long and doesn't want to sleep. Any other LOs the same at 8w? TIA!

There was a few days when lo fuss alot.. He now 2mth+. He jus wan dl dun wan slp... Wan ppl talk n play but not zzz...
I think lasted 3days for my boi

There was a few days when lo fuss alot.. He now 2mth+. He jus wan dl dun wan slp... Wan ppl talk n play but not zzz...

I read something about Wonder Week at 8w. I wonder if LO is experiencing this wonder week. It's supposed to last 3-14d. At this rate, we'll all go crazy.

Lucky yours only lasted 3 days.

My babygirl is 8w+ now and is cranky half the time too. Doesnt sleep for more than 30 mins continuously in the day. Cries when being left alone. Have to carry and walk about the house and sing songs to her most of the time. Nt sure if its the tummy gas causing the crankiness..

Mine is night time dun slp... Can last till 3am. Haha. Urs is entire day?? @.@ faintz leh how to stay sane??

Cynn04,

Can you share the charger for 6in1 jab at pd clinic? Thanks

E package is 1.6k, comes with all e recomended jabs till 2yo, incl 6-in-1, rotavirus, mmrv etc. I tried comparing to wat e polyclinic offers, poly is definitely cheaper but lesser types of jabs. My pd very nice, ask me to consider taking e free ones at poly, then they'll adjust accordingly if i wanna go back to clinic for e additional ones. But i think haiya so troublesome, so may jus take everything frm pd lor. Nway can use cda acct to pay.

How old is ur bb? Growth spurt? Colic? Maybe he prefers to be DL den bottles cos of the flow?.. Have u tried other brand of bottle too?

My lo is 2mth+.. Growth normal, didn't try other brands bottle, currently using phillip avent. Perhaps i should try other brands?

Now my boy going thru same thing... these couple days very fussy

Hi ladies, any of your lo has acid reflux? My 7wo lo tends to arch his back and struggles violently halfway through his feed. PD has prescribed Zantac and Motillum to reduce the acid and prevent the vomiting but I am concerned about letting him take meds at such a young age. I also burp him halfway through the feed (but he gets damn angry), hold him upright for at least 15min after every feed and finally also lay him on a special incline mattress to prevent him from throwing up. However, I noticed that when I cut his meds, his reflux happened again. Any of the mummies here have any other natural remedies to cure reflux? Or I just have to take the meds and wait it out till he starts taking solids? It's heartbreaking to see him struggle and cry at every feed as he looks like he wants to drink more but the acid is preventing him from doing so. Thank you!

Hi, my LO has been spitting up milk after feeds since I delivered her in hospital. until I found the reason behind - feeding position is wrong. She has always been fed in a low lying position and seems to drink very fast. It takes only 10mins for her to gulp down her 90ml feed via bottle, slowest flow some more. I thought she was just really hungry all throughout the one month plus since she was born. She burps after every feed and lies on an inclined bed to prevent milk from coming back up, also sit her up after feed for a while and not letting her lie down immed. Also fed her gripe water, apply ru yi oil to ease the wind before but nothing works till I changed the feeding position.

Just sharing:
my LO is now 6 weeks and she has been spitting up almost every time after feeds. She has lots of wind and PD says some babies are just like that and prescribed rid wind for her. CL also said the same thing. CL left a week ago and I began to find it very taxing to take care of baby myself as she gets very upset/cranky when she has to wake up from her sleep after every feed due to spitting of milk and hiccups often. I began to explore if I should change to HA formula or change out the bottles to MAM anti colic ones. But alas, after I tried changing the feeding position, she no longer gulps her milk down so fast and the wind reduced till she no longer needs to take rid wind, I don't hear farts anymore or need to let her lie on inclined bed. I feel so bad for making her suffer due to my ignorance on the wrong feeding method as I learned it from CL. Apparently a lot of babies are fine with this feeding method even though it's not ideal, it's just that some babies could be more prone to reflux and we have to take extra care.

But one thing though, my baby also hates to burp and would kick and push herself backwards to prevent u from raising her back straight for burp sometimes. Mostly if she is sleepy and I pat lighter, she is ok with burp. So naughty hor....but I think it's normal babies don't fancy getting burped. Haha. All mine wants is to drink and fall into a milk coma, I wake her up for burp and she will get angry but I still insist to burp her, no choice.

Today I bought sarong from kiddy palace and though guilty, I tot it's the best decision for her. Can't believe i would say this as I didn't want sarong initially as I heard spine development will be affected. My guilt stems from the thought of all she wants is to be cuddled to slee yet I am her mom and I can't give something this simple to her?

It started recently when LO refuses to sleep if she's not being carried, even after carrying for one hour, tot she fell into deep slumber, once put down will wake up after 5-10mins. I think it's the feeling of being cuddled that she craves for. Slept real little for the day. Yday she was so cranky due to lack of sleep and it was so hard to watch her scream and cry till we finally got her to sleep at 1030pm and she slept thru the night till 5am this morning.

Omg yday was one of the toughest day for me since she was born. So stressful to take care of her by myself with no time to do anything else. So sarong is the savior for me!

Hi, my LO has been spitting up milk after feeds since I delivered her in hospital. until I found the reason behind - feeding position is wrong. She has always been fed in a low lying position and seems to drink very fast. It takes only 10mins for her to gulp down her 90ml feed via bottle, slowest flow some more. I thought she was just really hungry all throughout the one month plus since she was born. She burps after every feed and lies on an inclined bed to prevent milk from coming back up, also sit her up after feed for a while and not letting her lie down immed. Also fed her gripe water, apply ru yi oil to ease the wind before but nothing works till I changed the feeding position.

Just sharing:
my LO is now 6 weeks and she has been spitting up almost every time after feeds. She has lots of wind and PD says some babies are just like that and prescribed rid wind for her. CL also said the same thing. CL left a week ago and I began to find it very taxing to take care of baby myself as she gets very upset/cranky when she has to wake up from her sleep after every feed due to spitting of milk and hiccups often. I began to explore if I should change to HA formula or change out the bottles to MAM anti colic ones. But alas, after I tried changing the feeding position, she no longer gulps her milk down so fast and the wind reduced till she no longer needs to take rid wind, I don't hear farts anymore or need to let her lie on inclined bed. I feel so bad for making her suffer due to my ignorance on the wrong feeding method as I learned it from CL. Apparently a lot of babies are fine with this feeding method even though it's not ideal, it's just that some babies could be more prone to reflux and we have to take extra care.

But one thing though, my baby also hates to burp and would kick and push herself backwards to prevent u from raising her back straight for burp sometimes. Mostly if she is sleepy and I pat lighter, she is ok with burp. So naughty hor....but I think it's normal babies don't fancy getting burped. Haha. All mine wants is to drink and fall into a milk coma, I wake her up for burp and she will get angry but I still insist to burp her, no choice.
Wow sounds totally like my baby!! Thanks for ur suggestion, will try to change feeding position. How high do u incline ur baby when feeding? 45 deg angle?

Today I bought sarong from kiddy palace and though guilty, I tot it's the best decision for her. Can't believe i would say this as I didn't want sarong initially as I heard spine development will be affected. My guilt stems from the thought of all she wants is to be cuddled to slee yet I am her mom and I can't give something this simple to her?

It started recently when LO refuses to sleep if she's not being carried, even after carrying for one hour, tot she fell into deep slumber, once put down will wake up after 5-10mins. I think it's the feeling of being cuddled that she craves for. Slept real little for the day. Yday she was so cranky due to lack of sleep and it was so hard to watch her scream and cry till we finally got her to sleep at 1030pm and she slept thru the night till 5am this morning.

Omg yday was one of the toughest day for me since she was born. So stressful to take care of her by myself with no time to do anything else. So sarong is the savior for me!
Wow u are really strong mummy!!
If it is me will go mad from the crying! Glad that sarong helped u!

Dear mummies,
I missed my pumping session and i woke up with "hard" boobs. Wanna check the below.
1) if usually i pump 80ml, missing 1 session i will pump 160ml? Norm or may be lesser?
2) it took me 1.5hours to pump this 160ml and i still can feel lumps at my breast. Maybe its sore. Can i wait for next session to clear? Too tired already.
3) If it takes me 1.5 hrs to pump 160ml, next time if i wan to drop my pumping sessions, will it be as long?
**Stressed**

Hi Anna, it's normal to pump double the usual amount if you missed one session. If you still feel lumps after 1.5hrs, I'd suggest you not wait the full length of time till your next pump. Try to pump earlier and use hot compress to ease the lumps. I've dropped to 2 or 3 pumps a day. And I'm pumping the same amount in a 24 hr period if i were to do 4 or 6 pumps. But my pumping time did not increase that much. About 5 to 10 min more. It's about 30-35min. I think 1.5hr is very long. Back breaking. I used to take very long at the pumps too. It was very frustrating till I changed pumps and it became much faster.

There was one mummy who suggested filling a milk bottle (I used a small nuk bottle) full with very warm water and rolling around the breasts like rolling pin during pumping to ease the lump. I found that quite useful!

Hi ladies, any of your lo has acid reflux? My 7wo lo tends to arch his back and struggles violently halfway through his feed. PD has prescribed Zantac and Motillum to reduce the acid and prevent the vomiting but I am concerned about letting him take meds at such a young age. I also burp him halfway through the feed (but he gets damn angry), hold him upright for at least 15min after every feed and finally also lay him on a special incline mattress to prevent him from throwing up. However, I noticed that when I cut his meds, his reflux happened again. Any of the mummies here have any other natural remedies to cure reflux? Or I just have to take the meds and wait it out till he starts taking solids? It's heartbreaking to see him struggle and cry at every feed as he looks like he wants to drink more but the acid is preventing him from doing so. Thank you!

My bb had this problem too - he had reflux in week 5 and even his voice got hoarse! This happened after CL left, due to our ignorance we overfed him. Whenever he cries after feeding, my mum n hubby thought he didn't drink enough n I will DL him some more. He will be fussy n drink abit n pull my nipples then cry again. He also vomited like merlion few times.

When we brought him to the PD, he says that bb has serious reflux that causes stomach pain n he wants to drink more milk to neutralise the acid. But because he's full, he can't absorb the extra milk and will vomit. It's a cycle unless cut down on feedings.

So far, things are better after 1week+, pd told me to just latch him on 1 side, chart feedings to keep to 720-750ml per day. Also must keep him upright for 40-45mins and burp if possible. Pd didn't want to give any meds, ask me to observe. I also gave him pacifier. Now his voice is back and doesn't vomit that much, except spit out sometimes.

So you can see if can cut down feeding amounts? Lesser amount per feed but more frequent may work. And keeping him upright for 45mins each feed definitely works in my case.

Last edited:
Dear mummies,
I missed my pumping session and i woke up with "hard" boobs. Wanna check the below.
1) if usually i pump 80ml, missing 1 session i will pump 160ml? Norm or may be lesser?
2) it took me 1.5hours to pump this 160ml and i still can feel lumps at my breast. Maybe its sore. Can i wait for next session to clear? Too tired already.
3) If it takes me 1.5 hrs to pump 160ml, next time if i wan to drop my pumping sessions, will it be as long?
**Stressed**

I agree with @szechtay tat to pump 1.5hrs not only backache, but u can get sore nipples which in turn will affect ur supply too. Are u doing 3/4 hourly pump now? Try to pump regularly unless u are planning to return to work.
I now pump 4x a day, 6-8hourly. I try not to pump in motn so can rest more unless bb dl me till hard boobs (cos he suckle for comfort 5-8x at night).
If u able to cut on lesser session, but within 24hour output similar would also be gd as u have more free time. Try to keep pump session btw 15-30mins each time..
I jus bought soy lecithin as a supplement to assist with the lumps tat i been having for past 9days that didnt go away. Jus eaten one day can see that the milk is not so thick so hope can help reduce or prevent engorgement as i be back to work next month...arrggghhh dread the thought already!

@happycsk thanks for sharing! I tink my boi also is normally fed almost fully inclined too. Will change the feeding position later!!

I agree with @szechtay tat to pump 1.5hrs not only backache, but u can get sore nipples which in turn will affect ur supply too. Are u doing 3/4 hourly pump now? Try to pump regularly unless u are planning to return to work.
I now pump 4x a day, 6-8hourly. I try not to pump in motn so can rest more unless bb dl me till hard boobs (cos he suckle for comfort 5-8x at night).
If u able to cut on lesser session, but within 24hour output similar would also be gd as u have more free time. Try to keep pump session btw 15-30mins each time..
I jus bought soy lecithin as a supplement to assist with the lumps tat i been having for past 9days that didnt go away. Jus eaten one day can see that the milk is not so thick so hope can help reduce or prevent engorgement as i be back to work next month...arrggghhh dread the thought already!

@happycsk thanks for sharing! I tink my boi also is normally fed almost fully inclined too. Will change the feeding position later!!

Sob. My nipples wanna cry too.

I am still trying to increase my supply so i try to pump 2-3.5 hrly. Cannot cut back sessions yet. But my body getting too tired to get up at nite now.. so sometimes drag to 4.5hrs. But i will then pump more in the day to make up for time lost. I hope to hit 1 litre 1 day before i start to cut sessions (working damn hard). I i also need to start planning about going back work. Took full ML so will return in sept.

Hai. Everytime i feel the lumps, means mastitis will be visiting me soon. I will try soy lecithin this time.

I used the warm bottle method for hot compressions. Thanks for the tip.

Hi Anna, it's normal to pump double the usual amount if you missed one session. If you still feel lumps after 1.5hrs, I'd suggest you not wait the full length of time till your next pump. Try to pump earlier and use hot compress to ease the lumps. I've dropped to 2 or 3 pumps a day. And I'm pumping the same amount in a 24 hr period if i were to do 4 or 6 pumps. But my pumping time did not increase that much. About 5 to 10 min more. It's about 30-35min. I think 1.5hr is very long. Back breaking. I used to take very long at the pumps too. It was very frustrating till I changed pumps and it became much faster.

Actually i change my pump once. From avents to spectra 9+. And the change helped me to increase my supply slowly over the weeks. The pump was quite effective compared to the past. I use level 7 only though. But i tink i too lazy to hot compress just now. Missed 1 step. Hope i can drop pump soon to regain sanity..

I think it's ok not to wake up in the motn. Just try to pump at perhaps 5 or 6am is good enough I feel. If the body is too tired, it'll be hard to boost supply too. To increase supply, really need to empty boobs at every pump. I usually squeeze until last drop then let the pump run for another 2-3min.That will be the fastest way to build ss in my experience. Takes about 2-3 days to up the ss. These few days, I've been drinking warm/hot milo before I pump. I feel that it helps the pumping. Also hydration is very impt. I've been ordering pocari by the cartons! But I dilute with water. 4 parts water to 1 part pocari.

I use spectra 9+ too! Good pump. Thank goodness for mummies who recommended it in this forum! Previously was doing 45min-1hr pump. Super sian. I knew from past experience it shouldn't take so long. That's why I changed pumps. I also feel spectra empties very well. U use level 7 massage or expression? I can't take more than level 3 expression mode. At most level 4! Actually, when don't have lumps, also can use hot compress. I feel that it helps the milk to flow faster, reducing pumping time. After a while, the boobs will also be accustomed to letting down faster during pumping time. I call this boob training. Heh.

Yeah... Mine too. All day dun want sleep. Cannot be left alone. Can be put on the bed but i must talk talk and talk. Otherwise he got bored then cry. But mine is lucky lar.... Only awake during the day then at 8 pm he KO liao. Sleep till 2-3am morning drink milk then sleep again till 6 -7 am

Yeah... Mine too. All day dun want sleep. Cannot be left alone. Can be put on the bed but i must talk talk and talk. Otherwise he got bored then cry. But mine is lucky lar.... Only awake during the day then at 8 pm he KO liao. Sleep till 2-3am morning drink milk then sleep again till 6 -7 am
Haha ya. Sometimes I desperate just put baby on my bed and lie next to her, saying "go to sleep baby, mummy also want to sleep... Be a good girl..." X 100.
It works... I think baby just lonely and wanna see, hear and feel their mummy sometimes.

@happycsk , my LO oso wan to carry all day long and I tried sarong.
Sarong worked well for my #1, so I've intention to let #2 sleep in sarong at night. But initially LO dun wan. But when she's slightly bigger, we can't tahan to carry her all day long, I tried again. I oso tot dat she wants to be cuddled. However, once she's in it, she wan to put rock at all times. Once the sarong stop moving, she cries. And after putting in sarong, she keep crying at night. So now I've dismentle the sarong, haha...
Initially, very jialat, sarong dun wan, cot oso dun wan. Oni sleep on my bed, in between us. End up, hb n me Nvr sleep well. Then I train her sleep in cot during day. Now she can sleep in cot on her own. Tho still need to carry to sleep la..

Sarong worked well for my #1, so I've intention to let #2 sleep in sarong at night. But initially LO dun wan. But when she's slightly bigger, we can't tahan to carry her all day long, I tried again. I oso tot dat she wants to be cuddled. However, once she's in it, she wan to put rock at all times. Once the sarong stop moving, she cries. And after putting in sarong, she keep crying at night. So now I've dismentle the sarong, haha...
Initially, very jialat, sarong dun wan, cot oso dun wan. Oni sleep on my bed, in between us. End up, hb n me Nvr sleep well. Then I train her sleep in cot during day. Now she can sleep in cot on her own. Tho still need to carry to sleep la..

Wah teach me! How to train to sleep cot on her own? At night I put her in cot and she's ok to sleep and sleep.

Day time she really drive me nuts! Haha! Carry one hour plus then put down and she wakes up again! Alamak!

E package is 1.6k, comes with all e recomended jabs till 2yo, incl 6-in-1, rotavirus, mmrv etc. I tried comparing to wat e polyclinic offers, poly is definitely cheaper but lesser types of jabs. My pd very nice, ask me to consider taking e free ones at poly, then they'll adjust accordingly if i wanna go back to clinic for e additional ones. But i think haiya so troublesome, so may jus take everything frm pd lor. Nway can use cda acct to pay.

Thanks dear, for me actually $1600 is reasonable because i'm paying foreigner rate which's total almost the same with pd clinic. Maybe should consider go to pd for the jab!

Thanks dear, for me actually $1600 is reasonable because i'm paying foreigner rate which's total almost the same with pd clinic. Maybe should consider go to pd for the jab!
Mine paid $1000 with private PD but only vaccinations up to 6 months. Got 6 in 1 3 doses, rotavirus 2 doses and PCV 3 doses. But not includes MMRV, chicken pox, etc.

I use spectra 9+ too! Good pump. Thank goodness for mummies who recommended it in this forum! Previously was doing 45min-1hr pump. Super sian. I knew from past experience it shouldn't take so long. That's why I changed pumps. I also feel spectra empties very well. U use level 7 massage or expression? I can't take more than level 3 expression mode. At most level 4! Actually, when don't have lumps, also can use hot compress. I feel that it helps the milk to flow faster, reducing pumping time. After a while, the boobs will also be accustomed to letting down faster during pumping time. I call this boob training. Heh.

I think i 走火入魔。 keep doing power pump till my boobs use to power pump. Lvl 7 is the expression mode. I thot i still need to go up to lvl 3. Guess i dun hv enough let down and i am forcing my body too much.

Thanks so much for the advice. I tink i need to relax abit, do hot compress and let it be..

Icic. My pd is frm gleneagles sbcc. U can chk which is e nearest sbcc for u

I think i 走火入魔。 keep doing power pump till my boobs use to power pump. Lvl 7 is the expression mode. I thot i still need to go up to lvl 3. Guess i dun hv enough let down and i am forcing my body too much.

Thanks so much for the advice. I tink i need to relax abit, do hot compress and let it be..

Ya jus relax, actually the more milk u wan produce, the lesser it might be. Jus hydrate urself and also relax... Any amount of bm is good enuff for bb!

Polyclinic can get the rotavirus oral medication. I rem have to take the first dose after 12wks old, n before 16wks. Den got 2nd dose. If over the age for 1st dose means cannot take the rotavirus. Have to call and check. I heard bedok polyclinic dont have, so have to call other polyclinic to make the appt. i went wdls n tpy polyclinic both have. Fyi.

I also remember infant fm is 30ml water 1 scoop. Haha unless is older kids is 50ml 1 scoop. But ya lots of brand in market ..so have to read before making the milk!

@Yi Fang i know what u mean when bb throw the body back den reflux etc. same as mine, this week happened countless times, ytd was the worse after i ate ice cream. Sigh. I nv bring to pd or give med yet, jus trying to monitor thou he still puke tdy.. =[
The med tat pd prescibed works for ur bb?? But is it like supplement kind? Can stop any time or good to continue?

Mummies, u ladies are great! I alone take care of lo for 1/2 day sure become moody! Haha. Somemore i duno how to cook. U all still can eat n do hsehold chores, salute!!

Ya just called bed ok polyclinic. They are under sing health and they don't have rotavirus. Gotta go under national health group. Next avail appt is 27 aug which means I need to take 5 in 1 tog at hougang too. Have to take either on same day or 1 month apart. Thinking of taking pneumococcal vaccine.1st dose at 3 months. But I'm worried that it might be too much for bb to take 5 in 1, pneumococCal and rotavirus on same day.

Does GP provide rotavirus? I also made appt at pd...but consultation so ex.

Ya just called bed ok polyclinic. They are under sing health and they don't have rotavirus. Gotta go under national health group. Next avail appt is 27 aug which means I need to take 5 in 1 tog at hougang too. Have to take either on same day or 1 month apart. Thinking of taking pneumococcal vaccine.1st dose at 3 months. But I'm worried that it might be too much for bb to take 5 in 1, pneumococCal and rotavirus on same day.

Actually, we also booked appointment for our LO to take all 3 together. Rotavirus is an oral vaccine. So only 2 jabs - 5-in-1 and pneumococcal.

I also tried placing her in between us cos easier for me to latch while lying down but me and HB suffer cos both of us big size.. very no space.. and my HB snores soooooooooooooo loud like airplane, the way he dragggggg his snore, sigh... everytime my bb starts to doze off, will be immediately awaken by HB snore..so my HB give up.. he sleeps on sofa.

hey mummies, anyone using pupsik pouch? I have a M size from my sis but I feel it's so small for my frame 56kg and 4.5kg baby. She is smaller than me and her baby also smaller haha. So I think it does not fit me. What size do you all take?
I tried using the babasling carrier and it gave me very sore neck and it's quite bulky so I don't like it. I quite like the pupsik pouch. Should I take L or XL?

@happy08, my LO went for her 6-in-1 and rotavirus at 8 weeks old. We went to a GP under the Healthway group. Not sure if other GPs have it though. I agree that consultation at PD is too expensive for a normal immunisation/vaccination, that's why I went GP for that. Will leave PD sessions for times when LO is ill.

hey mummies, anyone using pupsik pouch? I have a M size from my sis but I feel it's so small for my frame 56kg and 4.5kg baby. She is smaller than me and her baby also smaller haha. So I think it does not fit me. What size do you all take?
I tried using the babasling carrier and it gave me very sore neck and it's quite bulky so I don't like it. I quite like the pupsik pouch. Should I take L or XL?

@happycsk, I just bought a pupsik size L, waiting for it to arrive. I think a L shld be good enough for u cos I'm 64kg and was advised to take L leh. Still hoping I will know how to use it cos it seems fuss-free and baby looks comfy in there. I gave up on the sg50 babasling. Haha.. I have a manduca as well which I've used to carry LO out a few times, but I feel it forces her legs to open so wide.. like so not comfy + unglam. . Lol

Back