(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

good morning mummies to be!! its FLYDAY!!! *grins*

angelbell - thank you!

babygaga - be positive ok. must talk to beanie every day. its normal to spot during the 1st tri but not bleeding of cos. must relax and chill. i know its easier said than done. But we will pull through!!
we must look forward to the end of each trimester! Jia you! ;)

i still use scissors but not on the bed. and I make sure when i cut things the shadow is not on my tummy.

Found this prayer, i am not christian but my hubby is. So he will lead the prayer at nite before we go to bed.

Dear Lord,
I declare that you are the author and giver of life. Your Word says that all things have been created by and for you. You are before all things, and in you all things hold together. Today we ask that the spirit of life on me and in me, providing everything this baby and my body need to bring forth life to the glory of God. We stand on the goodness and faithfulness of you, Lord, that will bless me with this healthy and whole child. May my life and theirs bring glory and honor to you. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

@MXLO wow shadow not on tummy... hmm. I must see how to perfect it. I do a bit of craft in my free time so wondering if I shld be pantang. Maybe nth to worry abt.. its Friday!! TGIF mummies! Another weekend is another week older beanie. I remember @starrymommy having appt on Mon, have a great weekend and a even better Mon! ;)

@icecreamcony - i think should be ok la. cut with our elbow on the table when doing craft.

I rmbr my mum told me before that when preg dun be so pantang (other matters) other wise baby come out very pantang. haha!

But certain things need to observe like no cutting on bed, no moving of bed and no painting in the house, no sewing of things.

i am not taking any calcium tablets as yet. I only take cheese and yoghurt. I dun take milk. But in future may have to.:rolleyes:

What actually happens is that if we dont take enough.. the body is smart. Cos he gives our body's calcium to the bb and then we suffer from calcium defiency but bb is strong. Hahha i am regularly taking but its cold fresh milk. Wondering if calcium tabs will be better instead. Will ask gynae. ;)

it will be very important to take calcium in 2nd and 3rd tri (also when breastfeeding) when baby starts growing larger. if we don't consume enough calcium then, we may even lose our teeth! that alone is enough to make me guai guai swallow the pills everyday for the next 1 year. Lol!!

Thank you mummies! It feels heartwarming to receive your encouragement :)

May I know what type of milk should we be drinking? Is there any formulated milk for mummies-to-be? Sorry I am kinda ignorant on these things... heee

I think there are like Similac and Annum for preg mums. U can get samples from gynae before buying later.

babygaga, there are several brands out there. Can go NTUC or Cold Storage to take a look. But it is not necessary to take unless you are having very bad food aversions or puking after every meal. If you are taking proper meals, there is no need to overload your body now as these milk powder can contribute to high weight gain.

MXLO, thanks for the pantang reminders. This #2 is kinda a surprise for us, m not as well prep as #1, a lot of stuff I already forgotten.

I hate calcium pills so I din take that for my #1 & bcoz of that I had bad leg cramps almost every nite. Doubt I can swallow calcium pill for #2 too, I already start taking fresh milk. Think I took Annum milk powder for #1 but seems to put on quite a bit of weight bcoz of it. But since I cant swallow the calcium pills, boh bian...

Hi, happen to come across yr discussion on calcium pills. Can ask ur gynae abt calcium gummy instead. It's quite yummy too :)

babygaga, there are several brands out there. Can go NTUC or Cold Storage to take a look. But it is not necessary to take unless you are having very bad food aversions or puking after every meal. If you are taking proper meals, there is no need to overload your body now as these milk powder can contribute to high weight gain.
Thanks MXLO and starrymommy... well-noted. I wish I am having food aversions but still no symptoms leh. On the contrary, I am constantly feeling hungry. Have been craving for food and everything looks so yummy to me :p

babygaga, MS is no fun, believe me! I didn't have much symptoms for #1 and #2, especially #1 which was a very smooth and super enjoyable pregnancy for me.

starrymommy, that looks yummy esp the 'sour' part lol

but how much calcium do we need? wonder if its enough? kekeke

Starrymommy, thks for asking....no more spotting since yesterday morning but still retching with the hunger pangs.....super yucky but nothing come out. After a few retching, then the wave goes away and i feel better. Super weird. Din have this with #1. I hope is the pregnancy and not the hormone tabs cos i have been on high dose since last friday and only these few days like that.

Sneaked out for a ramen lunch with hb and kid cos today is her school closure. After a few mouths, felt nauseous, couldn't eat much...last night, i suddenly craved for fried carrot cake at 9pm so my hb went downstairs to get....he said he also crave for it suddenly lol.

I googled and BabyCentre says 1,000mg during pregnancy. If you are drinking calcium-fortified milk and taking supplements, I think that should cover your required calcium level.

Starrymommy, thks for asking....no more spotting since yesterday morning but still retching with the hunger pangs.....super yucky but nothing come out. After a few retching, then the wave goes away and i feel better. Super weird. Din have this with #1. I hope is the pregnancy and not the hormone tabs cos i have been on high dose since last friday and only these few days like that.

Sneaked out for a ramen lunch with hb and kid cos today is her school closure. After a few mouths, felt nauseous, couldn't eat much...last night, i suddenly craved for fried carrot cake at 9pm so my hb went downstairs to get....he said he also crave for it suddenly lol.

No more spotting is good! Hope it stays away for good. :) I'm getting the nausea too, but not retching yet. I agree it feels weird. The feeling comes in waves... wonder what on earth triggers it.

Starrymommy, I know MS is no fun but I am afraid beanie is not growing well, that's why I have no MS :(

Mummycoccyx, take care and hope the nauseous go away soon.

babygaga, based on past experience, that's really not true. I was like you before, every day wishing for MS but it never came. different people and different pregnancies will have different symptoms! just believe in yourself that your body is the perfect habitat for nourishing your little baby. :)

Mummycoccyx, good that there's no more spotting. Do take care & rest more still.

Starrymommy, 1000mg sounds a lot. Think cannot juz take milk, better to get these sour gummy calcium...heehee

Babygaga, no worries abt no ms. I totally have no ms thru out my 1st preg, my gal is all well :)

wonder how is Eeznyl doing? think her gynae appt is today? hope everything turns out alright for her.

Yah.. I hope she and baby are fine. I remember she said her appointment is today. Hopefully she will update us with good news soon.

Tmr i am seeing my gynae. Positivity - to be able to see at least sac and in correct place!! ;)

Excited!!

50_BBN and Starrymommy! So touched u mummies still remember my appt is today. My bleeding is slightly lesser now but still nv stops. Thank god the scan today shows my baby sac still in me... past few days pass out a few clots n i worried it could be the sac (touch wood!). But still too early to see the fetal pole n heartbeat. Nothing conclusive today so follow up appt next week... i hope my little beanie will grow well this week n gimme a big miracle on fri!

50_BBN and Starrymommy! So touched u mummies still remember my appt is today. My bleeding is slightly lesser now but still nv stops. Thank god the scan today shows my baby sac still in me... past few days pass out a few clots n i worried it could be the sac (touch wood!). But still too early to see the fetal pole n heartbeat. Nothing conclusive today so follow up appt next week... i hope my little beanie will grow well this week n gimme a big miracle on fri!

rest well :)

Hello mummies-to-be

I tested on the day period is due. Got a very faint line. Bingo!

I had D&C in June. Hope this is a strong and sticky beanie :)

Based on LMP, my EDD is 13 May.

Saw my beanie yesterday. 4mm with a flickering heart beat at 6 weeks. EDD is 30 April. I am travelling on a 2 week vacation end of the month and doc say it is fine since it is vacation. I just hope the long flight will not make my MS worse. Hope all seeing the gynae this coming week will see all good things only!

Back