(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

hello, good morning!

mummycoccyx, means your pregnancy hormones are going up! so that's a good sign. hope whatever you eat will keep down. :)

am so glad that we are coming to the end of the week! looking forward to next Monday when hubby and I will get to see our little beanie for the first time.

ME TOO!!! The weather is not helping...
Ya lor.... everyday raining just makes me want to sleep and sleep. Even as I just wake up in the morning, still want to go back sleep again. I try to wake up my self, eat orange then grapefruit to make me awake. But only works for 1-2 hours, then sleepy again. arhhh..... waiting for 2nd trisemester still a long way to go. I do not dare to drink coffee as I heard it might consume your calcium absorption, so better not to drink coffee at all. I am not a coffee person as well. Still looking how to overcome with this super duper sleepy ......

Wah!! That is really VERY far from me!

How do you ladies get to work? I'm taking bus and train on a daily basis. Mornings are okay.. Evenings are horribly packed. :(
I am taking train everyday. I can even stand and sleeping on the train, but nobody give seat for me. Tummy is not big enough to show .... haha....

hello......can i join?? just tested positive a couple of days back.

Will be seeing gynae this Sat. :)

2nd pregnancy but will be my 1st born.

hi @mylilsheep, your nick very apt leh. hehe. can't take a day to rest at home, maybe it'll make you more recharged. :)

hahaha ... thanks icecreamcony, I usually do yoga after work, but somehow I feel very tired yesterday and went back home straight and sleep at 8 pm. But still feel not enough. still yawning everyday.

I am taking train everyday. I can even stand and sleeping on the train, but nobody give seat for me. Tummy is not big enough to show .... haha....

I'm starting to get seats already. So far happened twice, met 2 nice ladies who gave up their reserved seat for me. Tummy is relatively flat in the mornings, but by evening time, it gets so bloated I look like 3 months pregnant, plus looking super tired. And I was in my heels too! They must be wondering why this pregger like that one. :p

starrymommy i am only 4 weeks plus i think.

i kan chiong so tested early and went GP for another test which came out positive too!

i kan chiong so tested early and went GP for another test which came out positive too!

May this be a sticky little beanie and of course wishing you a smooth and healthy pregnancy too! Feeling your excitement on your first appointment. Mine is next Monday and I am counting down to it. Haha!

I'm starting to get seats already. So far happened twice, met 2 nice ladies who gave up their reserved seat for me. Tummy is relatively flat in the mornings, but by evening time, it gets so bloated I look like 3 months pregnant, plus looking super tired. And I was in my heels too! They must be wondering why this pregger like that one. :p

Starrymommy, wah you are so lucky. I need to wear my babydoll dress if I want to have a seat. I have one babydoll dress and sometimes I wear it when I am still not pregnant and sometimes I might get seat. hahaha.... But now I do not want to wear it first, coz I have not announce to my colleagues yet. Later they will ask me a lot, why I am look so tired n now wearing maternity clothes. ;)

mylilsheep, must be my tummy big and unable to hide lar! Lol!! I don't remember showing so early for my #1 and #2.. Guess the skin got stretch to the limit twice so now is like balloon, easily pop out from under my dresses.

a few of my colleagues already know about my pregnancy. 'cos I am in the corporate sales line and will often need to travel around SG to meet customers and survey their buildings. letting them know helps so if cam "siam" some tedious meetings, I will "siam" with perfect reason. Haha!!

May this be a sticky little beanie and of course wishing you a smooth and healthy pregnancy too! Feeling your excitement on your first appointment. Mine is next Monday and I am counting down to it. Haha!

Oh yes sticky little happy beanie!!

Thank you for the wishes and I hope all of us will have a smooth and healthy pregnancy. *GRINS WIDELY*

hehehe...i'm also super excited for you!! :D i'll be seeing a gynae on Saturday too! Can't wait to see the little baby!

Thank you babymarian!

Which gynae are you all going to? and i think some of u are into 2nd or 3rd pregnancy, anything to share in terms of hospital and gynae??? What should i look out for?

Thank you babymarian!

Which gynae are you all going to? and i think some of u are into 2nd or 3rd pregnancy, anything to share in terms of hospital and gynae??? What should i look out for?
i'm going to try Dr Wendy Teo on Saturday...this is my first pregnancy...so will probably visit a few gynaes before i decide on one...how about you?

I'm seeing Dr John Yam. He's located at Gleneagles. But I will want to deliver at Mt Alvernia. I find that hospital has this really calm and cozy ambience. I fell in love with it the moment I was there to visit a gf who just gave birth when I was still pregnant with #1. I've visited TMC, Gleneagles and Mount E before but didn't really like the ambience there.

You can sign up for a hospital tour and see the environment for yourself. :)

I was with Dr KK Ho from Mount E and I think i will stick with him. Find him quite fatherly. haha! I was with Dr Phua from Kovan then i switched to Dr Ho.

I will choose to deliver at Mount A. Will sign up for hospital tour later in Dec.

Congratulations MXLO! Welcome to mums to be journey .....
I think 4 weeks still too small to see on the scan. Coz last time I went scan at 5 weeks, still cannot see anything. Then ask me to come back at week 6, I only see sac. Of coz my doc using abdominal u/s. I heard if using transvaginal u/s you can see more clearly.

i dunno if i should stick with Dr KK Ho because so far no reviews on him.

I heard the popular ones alike Dr Benjamin Tham, Dr HK Ho and Dr CH Koh but the charges and waiting time can be quite alot.

Congratulations MXLO! Welcome to mums to be journey .....
I think 4 weeks still too small to see on the scan. Coz last time I went scan at 5 weeks, still cannot see anything. Then ask me to come back at week 6, I only see sac. Of coz my doc using abdominal u/s. I heard if using transvaginal u/s you can see more clearly.

I think my gynae will use V scan cos that was wat he did for my 1st pregnancy. I remember when i went for my 1st scan to confirm at about 4 weeks plus, mine can see sac already via the abdominal u/s too. We did both type of scans.

And becos of my past missed miscarriage, i am now on duphaston (left over) once a day until i see Dr Ho on Sat.

MXLO, where are u located at? I find gynae based on my location. Mine has a night clinic at Jurong Point, very near where I stay so I don't have to travel so far or take leave/time off from work.

Dr Ho used to have night clinic in Bishan where i stay near to. But now no longer operate already. So nite clinic on Wed only at his clinic in Mount E.

I see... he has long waiting time? That can be a deal breaker for me too. Another reason why I chose Dr John Yam. I've never waited more than 15 mins to see him.

Welcome MXLO! Is one a day the correct dose? Usually should be twice a day right? I am on max dose threee times a day due to my spotting.... Hope our beanies grow and grow!!! Mummies,i got one brown spot again......just when i thought i am getting more MS... now me and hb also talking to beanie to grow bigger so we can meet him/her next week.....i had a mind of going back to work but with the recurrent spotting i think i better rest and continue my HL. 7 days of bed rest already!! Still another 7 to go before my next scan!!

Welcome MXLO! Is one a day the correct dose? Usually should be twice a day right? I am on max dose threee times a day due to my spotting.... Hope our beanies grow and grow!!! Mummies,i got one brown spot again......just when i thought i am getting more MS... now me and hb also talking to beanie to grow bigger so we can meet him/her next week.....i had a mind of going back to work but with the recurrent spotting i think i better rest and continue my HL. 7 days of bed rest already!! Still another 7 to go before my next scan!!
yup, i think it's better to continue your bed rest for another week! hope and pray the spotting stops!

I see... he has long waiting time? That can be a deal breaker for me too. Another reason why I chose Dr John Yam. I've never waited more than 15 mins to see him.

Nope not really. Most of the time i see him within 15 mins of my appointment time. The longest i waited was when i did my D&C which is about 1 hour plus becos he had a patient that require the operating room before me. Other than that, its all good! :)

Yes i checked with the nurse and she said Dr Ho says to start on once a day from now till Sat. Wait till i see him then he will decide to increase or not. ;)

must be positive and have faith! little beanie grow grow grow!

mummycoccyx, work can wait. :) your baby needs you to rest more during this period.

MXLO, I'm sorry to hear about your previous miscarriage. Let's all have faith in delivering healthy bundles of joy next year April/May.

:) no wories starrymommy! Looking forward to see my beanie soon!

BTW my EDD from webby is 10 May 2015. I think the best birthday pressie for my mum and grandma.

It was a little awkward just now.. bumped into some colleagues from other departments in the pantry and washroom and the question they all asked the moment they saw me was "how come you are wearing flats? where are all your high heels?" I hem and haw and in the end told 1 of them that I am pregnant. Don't think can hide any secrets in this office at all. :oops:

Speaking of that, how do you all break the news to your colleagues? I abit pantang so cannot say yet and i would need their help in the course of work. :rolleyes:

MXLO, I actually told my immediate departmental colleagues first, on the week I found out.. the rest let them find out by themselves. I won't go all the way to deny my pregnancy if any one of them ask candidly.

I have heard of a friend's friend who was so obviously pregnant, she kept insisting that she wasn't just because she and her hubby were very very pantang and wanted to hide till she was 3rd trimester. that one I really BTH and roll eyes lah! Haha!

ahhh maybe i will tell my fellow secretaries in the team because we need each other help and maybe my immediate bosses too.

but 3rd trimester is soooooooo kua zhang! Thats too difficult to lie!!

Hahaha.... one of my colleague already ask me why I am look so tired everyday, then always hungry in the afternoon. But I ask her back, you also always eating, are you pregnant too? Then we all laughing lor....

mylilsheep, that was a good comeback. Lol!! I feel that if you are close to a group of colleagues, that group should know.

My team works very closely together and we are also great friends outside of work. In fact, the 3 of us ladies have been getting the pregnancy rotation! at any one point of time within the past 3 years, one of us will be pregnant. Wahaha! the company even says our department is the most "productive" one. :p

:) no wories starrymommy! Looking forward to see my beanie soon!

BTW my EDD from webby is 10 May 2015. I think the best birthday pressie for my mum and grandma.
super lovely that your baby will share the same birthday as your mum and grandma!! :)

Congrats @MXLO and welcome!! @mylilsheep, careful with yoga yah... some poses and even breathing techniques are not suitable for preggies. I persisted with yoga for my last preg thinking its mild and somehow ended in mc. Not sure how related. This time i am abstaining.

I just told my next cubicle colleague I had a bit of spotting last Thursday and need to go see gynae... Then when I had a drink with her that afternoon, she had already told half of the department! Then I also found out my junior with same namesake and initials as me also pregnant....then suddenly I am on HL for 2 weeks. Am sure the entire department knows already!
She herself also on IUI...

Yucks just retched again... Really do hope it's a sign pregnancy progressing well...

I just told my next cubicle colleague I had a bit of spotting last Thursday and need to go see gynae... Then when I had a drink with her that afternoon, she had already told half of the department! Then I also found out my junior with same namesake and initials as me also pregnant....then suddenly I am on HL for 2 weeks. Am sure the entire department knows already!
She herself also on IUI...

Yucks just retched again... Really do hope it's a sign pregnancy progressing well...

mummycoccyx, your colleague a bit kpo hor? :p It is courtesy to just let the mummy announce it herself bah.

MXLO, I hope I pop on 1 May 2015 via natural birth. Been visualizing that on a daily basis since the day I found out I was pregnant. Haha!

Starry mommy I thot 1 may is good too but then one of the boss daughter was born last year on that date. Haha! But I have been visualising on Apr 28 2015! Keke.

Lunch time mummies!

Starrymommy, yes was a bit upset... not pantang but just wanted to wait til at least can see bb hb to announce... Cos of the m/c in March...at least when things more stable I dun have to keep explaining myself if things dun go well...

MXLO, who knows we just might! since our EDDs are so close. :)

mummycoccyx, your colleague could have been more sensitive about it. did you tell her to not spread anymore?

Back