(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

@icecreamcony, so sorry to hear about ur previous m/c. I know there are some yoga position cannot do. That's why even I attend to class, sometime I just listen to my body, if I feel tired or cannot do, I will just sit down and lying down. Will not push myself too much.

Starrymommy, yes was a bit upset... not pantang but just wanted to wait til at least can see bb hb to announce... Cos of the m/c in March...at least when things more stable I dun have to keep explaining myself if things dun go well...

OHHHH...you are like me!! I also had a missed miscarriage in March.

Agree with your lor. Hope to hear HB then tell them...ohh well!!

MXLO, who knows we just might! since our EDDs are so close. :)

mummycoccyx, your colleague could have been more sensitive about it. did you tell her to not spread anymore?

ohh yeah!! who knows!! ;)

Sometimes ppl just cannot keep their mouth shut....haizzzz just now got a colleague saw me in the lift and asked if i am expecting (they know i trying la). I just say project still in progress. :p

MXLO, "project in progress" is a good answer. and you ARE telling the truth too. 'cos really still baking away in the oven mah. :)

MXLO, mine was blighted ovum, no bb. terrible time explaining to everyone who knew... But still not everyone knew so I had pple coming up to me even in May/June asking me how the pregnancy was going..:(

Starrymommy, someone cut our conversation so I din get to tell her not to tell, but I did tell her I wanted to keep it from the others after I found out she had told a few already.. But now with HL, I am sure everyone knows...plus I had to explain to a few of my colleagues why I had to be gone so long.

I believe my tummy vy obvious too. Noticed even my belly button is enlarged liao. But I try to disguise with a belt... hee

MXLO, mine was blighted ovum, no bb. terrible time explaining to everyone who knew... But still not everyone knew so I had pple coming up to me even in May/June asking me how the pregnancy was going..:(

Starrymommy, someone cut our conversation so I din get to tell her not to tell, but I did tell her I wanted to keep it from the others after I found out she had told a few already.. But now with HL, I am sure everyone knows...plus I had to explain to a few of my colleagues why I had to be gone so long.

Hugssss....mine was his/her hb stopped at 10 weeks and most of my colleagues know becos I was on alot of mc due to spotting prior. And some of them know i was trying then asked me how i just told them the truth....OHHH i just had a missed miscarriage. Some kaypoh ones i just say not yet. I did post in my FB so people know. Whether they spread or not, I dun really care.

I had Dr Benjamin Tham for 1st pregnancy when he was at kk pte clinic. But he is at Thomson now.
I m thinking of gng to mt a for this pregnancy. Any recommendations for gynae with good reviews for stitching coz will likely go for natural birth like my 1st.

I had Dr Benjamin Tham for 1st pregnancy when he was at kk pte clinic. But he is at Thomson now.
I m thinking of gng to mt a for this pregnancy. Any recommendations for gynae with good reviews for stitching coz will likely go for natural birth like my 1st.

I read review on Dr HK Ho from Mount A for good stitching skills. But the charges are abit steep.

Hi Mummies, first of all congrats to all of you. =)
This is my first time but not sure if it's pregnant or not. I've been feeling v bloated, gassy on both ends, slight dizziness and constant backache plus I'm constantly hungry. My Menses was due on the 12th Aug on a 28 day cycle but was delayed for 3 days and I experienced some sort of spotting. Light bleeding. I tested last week on the 31st but still negative. I'm so worried right now and don't dare go gynae (haha!) now hubby ask me to wait until the next period is due before going to gynae.

@butterfly_lov3r if your period was due since 12 aug.. means v long alr leh. You could be a Apr mummy. Is your cycle always regular? I wld def make an appt to see gynae...

MXLO, so sorry to hear. Now i am really scared cos i am also stillhaving on and off spotting.....i am trying to be positive though as much as i can....cos i know it's still 50-50 for me now....but if 2 consecutive m/c i am going to be utterly distraught.

mummycoccyx......big hugsssss

It is common to have spotting in the 1st trimester. my gynae said how can be so chun to have 2 m/cs in a row? its like striking lottery twice in a row. every pregnancy is different. Just be more happy and positive!! ;)

hi butterfly_l0v3r, why not go for a blood test? that will very accurately tell you whether pregnant or not. think results will be out within 24 hours.

Thks MXLO for the positive vibes! Yes, we will have our stickie beanies with us this time!!

I agree with the others,p butterfly_l0v3r, just go get a scan and/or blood test at a gynae...mine was out within 2 hrs! All the best!

@starrymommy I'm afraid it will be too early to show anything. =( maybe I'm paranoid.

I actually tested positive 4 days before my period was due. So it may not be a pregnancy in your case if you have been missing your period for close to a month yet still test negative. I hope I don't upset you with what I've just said. It just seems unlikely, unless you've been getting false negatives all along. A blood test will be able to provide you with a more definite answer.

I actually tested positive 4 days before my period was due. So it may not be a pregnancy in your case if you have been missing your period for close to a month yet still test negative. I hope I don't upset you with what I've just said. It just seems unlikely, unless you've been getting false negatives all along. A blood test will be able to provide you with a more definite answer.

My menses was due on 12 Aug but on 15th have spotting. so I'm also not very sure. I boost up my courage and scheduled an appt this coming sat =) wish me luck

Yes! POSITIVE THOUGHTS, ladies!!! We are far stronger than we give ourselves credit for. :)

Christian mummies, you can check out the book "Praying Through Your Pregnancy". I just picked it up from Mt Zion at Raffles Place MRT. Really encouraging and teaches you how to pray for your unborn child and about trusting God through it all.

Must cast out all our fears!! i learnt the hard way with the 1st pregnancy. The more scare i am the more it will come to me.
So with this sticky beanie, i learn to be chill and relax and happy with positivity.:cool:

I smell weekend.....do you?:p

Must cast out all our fears!! i learnt the hard way with the 1st pregnancy. The more scare i am the more it will come to me.
So with this sticky beanie, i learn to be chill and relax and happy with positivity.:cool:

I smell weekend.....do you?:p

Tomorrow is still a working day. So can't smell anything yet. Haha!! Maybe by lunchtime tomorrow I will smell something. :p

Any plans up for weekends? I may be bringing my girls to the zoo. :)

Mummies, I started to feel nauseas today when I'm very hungry. Looks like the symptom is kicking in slowly. Think positively it indicates the hormone is getting higher which is good indication :)

Angelbell, that's what i had... First just hunger pangs, very intense, then past few days is hunger pangs with nausea, today hunger pangs with retching! And i think i got food aversion to broccoli....i am still feeling nauseous after dinner which was 1.5 hr ago...yes like what starrymommy and my gynae says, it is a good sign..

Hello mummies, I tested positive last week. End of week 5 today. EDD 8 May 2015.
I am a first time mummy and feeling very lost and paranoid. Will be seeing gynae for scan next week and I can't wait for it to come!

Hi Babygaga, normal to feel paranoid n worried. I remember for my #1, doctor couldn't detect it at all via ultrasound, I was so scared false alarm, just turned out I was too early (irregular periods and didn't know when conceived). For this #2, just happened that this is the first month I tried ovulation kit so I roughly know when I conceive. But still nervous for my gynae appointment scheduled tomorrow! A bag of nerves! What I know from my previous gynae is that I have a tilted uterus so more difficult to detect baby via abdominal ultrasound until later stage. I hope I see something positive and happy tomorrow! Same to all mummies who will be seeing gynae soon!

Thanks babymarian and mewowo! :) However, I am not experiencing the kind of excitement and joy that I should be. Have been spotting since last Tue ranging from light pink to dark brown. Last Sat it was dark red and my heart just dropped when I saw the colour. Luckily the spotting has reduced but still having it every now and then.
Last year I had a chemical pregnancy. It was a 6 day short-lived happiness. That's why I "don't dare" to be too happy this time, in case it's another disappointment. In fact, I am now living in fear everyday :(

mewowo, pray and hope you will see your little healthy baby tomorrow! :)

babygaga, hugs!! pray and hope the spotting will stop soon and you will have a healthy and smooth pregnancy this time around!

Hope all mummies here will take care and have a smooth pregnancy too! Can't wait for May 2015 to come ;)

Btw, I don't have any pregnancy symptoms at all leh... not sure if that's normal. Sigh... how I wish I can be a merlion soon. At least that gives me some kind of assurance that I am still pregnant.

Thanks babymarian and mewowo! :) However, I am not experiencing the kind of excitement and joy that I should be. Have been spotting since last Tue ranging from light pink to dark brown. Last Sat it was dark red and my heart just dropped when I saw the colour. Luckily the spotting has reduced but still having it every now and then.
Last year I had a chemical pregnancy. It was a 6 day short-lived happiness. That's why I "don't dare" to be too happy this time, in case it's another disappointment. In fact, I am now living in fear everyday :(
I had spotting with #1, gynae prescribed pills to supposedly help and it did! In fact I drank pineapple and watermelon juice everyday in Pattaya cause I didn't know I was preggie then but it was a sticky baby. Hope yours will be too! Understand your fear to not to be too happy because I have a lot of friends who had miscarriages and somehow their fears have spread to me as well. We just have to be strong no matter what. Jiayou!

Welcome, babygaga! Quite a few of us mummies and mummies-to-be here have had recent bad pregnancy experiences but we are all trying to stay positive! So hope you can stay positive too!
All the best for your appt!

Hi mummies, good morning! It's FRIDAY! Finally... :)

babygaga, welcome to our group! And like what the other mummies said, please stay positive okay? Talk to your beanie and pray about it (regardless of which religion you are from). Anyway, we are all here to share and encourage one another. When you feel fearful or upset, just "rant" here. :)

icecreamcony, me too, not pantang about this. I have a few friends who do though.

Back