(2015/03) March 2015 mummies

wah so many of u with him? actually i dislike the nurse there... i was in an emergency case but the nurse says full ask me to wait another 2 weeks in order to see him. And i find is very ridiculas since is emergency case no matter how should take in the patient right?

End up i was kanna miscarriage last year...

yes i agree !
the nurses outside or the front desk that you called is quite rude.
so usually what i did is that i told him i got emergency and want to speak to Dr Tham staff nurse ... just like tt time, i want to change an appt slot, and the nurses rejected me, telling me its full and refused to entertain me, end up i request to speak to staff nurse and she managed to squeeze in a slot for me .....

I visited Dr Benjamin 2 days ago, that was my first visit and the cost was $285.
His package starts from week 12, $600 before GST.
The nurse got asked whether I need MC but since I already apply leave so I didn't take, so I assumed they do give MC... :)

yes i agree !
so usually what i did is that i told him i got emergency and want to speak to Dr Tham staff nurse ... just like tt time, i want to change an appt slot, and the nurses rejected me, telling me its full and refused to entertain me, end up i request to speak to staff nurse and she managed to squeeze in a slot for me .....

wah serious.. damm stupid nurse. eh u mean gt diff nurse one arh? how can they reject when is emergency.. will chu ren min.. ya i was angry and wrote complain to dr benjamin tham.. he nv reply me at all. But he reply me on my earlier email that i enquiry about the charges.. Damm stupid.. super angry. if not because of DR HK ho is exp i think i will not go to him =(

@novmummy can share yr break down for the $285?

wah serious.. damm stupid nurse. eh u mean gt diff nurse one arh? how can they reject when is emergency.. will chu ren min.. ya i was angry and wrote complain to dr benjamin tham.. he nv reply me at all. But he reply me on my earlier email that i enquiry about the charges.. Damm stupid.. super angry. if not because of DR HK ho is exp i think i will not go to him =(

@novmummy can share yr break down for the $285?

Agree, Dr HK Ho is super exp, I see him for my #1.

I will provide breakdown tonight, the bill is at home.

yes i agree !

I've been so lucky so far. The front desk not very nice but has not rejected me seeing Dr Tham before. He always tell me if anything you can just walk in. The front desk always sound hostile.

Last edited:
Darbi blood test to confirm pregnancy ah?

The blood test because my pregnancy was too early, cannot even detect the sac. So I had to do 2 blood tests to ensure that the HCG levels were multiplying as a sign that the pregnancy is going well.

Now there's a lot of online summer sales but can't shop cos dunno gender yet. By the time we can shop during Xmas sales, the winter clothing not suitable for our weather. Sian...

happy nurses.. happy customers

When I went to sgh clinic 2 years ago, the counter staff often looked unhappy and sounded quite rude. The nurses and sonographer that I met are either over-worked or quite impatient.. They also couldn't find my blood veins during my blood tests.

One of my friends recommended her dr at NUH, and I visited the NUH Women's Clinic for 2nd dr opinion. The clinic has been renovated w new furnishings and I felt like entering a hotel reception. A plus point when the nurses there are friendly and experienced. It makes the place less stressful.

Now there's a lot of online summer sales but can't shop cos dunno gender yet. By the time we can shop during Xmas sales, the winter clothing not suitable for our weather. Sian...

Yeah :(
but the weather should be cooler during year end. My ex-coll has experienced very hot weather during her confinement in middle of year

preciousgal, my total bill is $258.95, breakdown:
Consultation $90
Ultrascan $70
Urine test $5
Pulin tablet $8
Vitamin B6 $6
Duphaston $63
GST $16.94

The nurses at my gyn's clinic are very friendly and patient. Always have a smile on their faces. The nurse who led me to be admitted for my #1 even dropped by my ward to visit me after I gave birth.

Same for the hospital staff who really went beyond their duties to help me after my childbirth. I really felt very touched by their gesture.

I think Dr Phua cheaper. Last year Nov 2013 I delivered in KKH, total hospital bill was $6+K, cash fork out $2.6K. Maybe bcuz I had long labor, like 47hrs. took epidural after lun-ing for 30hrs labor. another 3 dose of epidural for the next 17hrs, that's y hospital bill more ex. Took 4 bedded under private suite. Service was REALLY THE BEST! NURSE BEST, SERVICE BEST. Best is KKH have mothercare and I can always go there shop after prenatal checkups! Hahaha! But maybe I discuss with hubby den decide which gyane loh. Bcuz Dr Khoo super famous. He was really nice and cool. Forever ask me need MC anot. If fact I was with Dr Woo Bit Hwa (TMC) den everytime I have sudden pain during work, he advise me to go KKH bcuz I sign prenatal package at Punggol Plaza for $800, only for that outlet when he only operate tues & thurs night clinic on there. And just nice always I had emergency pain during office hours, and he always referred us to go KKH then to go to him will cost $500+. So after 3 incidents, hubby and I decided to change gynae. I was then 7.5mths. Dr Khoo was really nice enough to accept me as his patient. =)

I'm sooo Happy! Bcuz yesterday I asked hb which gynae to go to? He said to let me choose bcuz most importantly is I feel comfortable bcuz I'm the one giving birth. And Yes!! I'm going to see Dr Khoo Chong Kiat again!! But will go to gynae at week 9. Am now week 5. =)

Can I check anyone of you have sleepless night like wake up in the middle of night and cannot sleep again till maybe 1hr later?
I slept ard 10 to 10+ and will wake up on the middle of night ard 3am and cannot sleep till 4am...
I've been sleeping b4 midnight and waking up at around 4am every night :(

I've been sleeping b4 midnight and waking up at around 4am every night :(

I sleep ard 10 before 11pm and will suddenly wake up ard 3am almost every night till now.. I told my DH our BB want to watch football... Lolxx..
I told my BB now football is already over no more le can you let me sleep peacefully whole night but still the same... Really bully me... :confused:

Agree, Dr HK Ho is super exp, I see him for my #1.

I will provide breakdown tonight, the bill is at home.

cool.. can u provide the breakdown? because i threw away all the receipts and etc le..

high 5 btw my #1 is also with dr hk ho. lol.. how come u change to benjamin tham? u still remember the charges for dr hk ho?

under TMC or mount alvernia?
is Woo Bit Hwa good?
He used to be able to go TMC/Mount A, but last year when I go to him, he said cuz Mount A under renovation so at the moment only be at TMC. For now I not sure, can call n ask. I think he not bad. But everytime I got emergency have to wait till either tuesday or Thursday. that's the part I dun like. So changed gynae to KKH Dr Khoo Chong Kiat. Just called to made appt with him! First gynae appt 13th Aug. =)

hi all marvellous mom's! I'm new here. I tested faint positive yesterday. doc ask to go back and check in a week's time. fingers crossed. if go through, edd is expected around 11 Mar

Reactions: Z2
ahh thanks.. ooo u are on jab? what is pulin tablet?

I'm not on jab, all are tablets. I have bad MS so doctor prescribedpulin to ease my MS.

cool.. can u provide the breakdown? because i threw away all the receipts and etc le..

high 5 btw my #1 is also with dr hk ho. lol.. how come u change to benjamin tham? u still remember the charges for dr hk ho?

I have few friends under Dr Ben Tham and they all highly recommeded him so I thought maybe can try a diff gynae this round.
I threw all receipts already, if I didn't rem wrongly, I paid around $900 for 2011 package and it started from week 20 (after detailed scan).

I'm not on jab, all are tablets. I have bad MS so doctor prescribedpulin to ease my MS.

oic i thought the dup... is jab lai de...

I have few friends under Dr Ben Tham and they all highly recommeded him so I thought maybe can try a diff gynae this round.
I threw all receipts already, if I didn't rem wrongly, I paid around $900 for 2011 package and it started from week 20 (after detailed scan).

ooic.. okay... ooo i pay $1000k in year 2012. i think he increase every year $100. last year was $1,200. sibei exp...

actually, what was the total costs that you ladies paid to your gynae for your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? mine was about $8 k including the doc's fee for delivery. hospitalization was about $8 k for 5D4N stay. that was in year 2012.

hihi all mummies-to-be! *waves* nice web-meeting everyone!
tested positive with pregnancy test strip on Wednesday (16-Jul) and confirmed with the Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown, which indicated 3+ weeks since conception..
calculated the pregnancy due date via BabyCentre and its 22 March 2015
its my first pregnancy and am very nervous, so am prob gonna sound like a noob =s
been reading thru all the pages and will PM jayc to join the FB group =D

ooic.. okay... ooo i pay $1000k in year 2012. i think he increase every year $100. last year was $1,200. sibei exp...

Yes he is really very expenseive! My gf delivered last year also under Dr HK Ho, her every check up is around $300-$400 before the package started. :(

actually, what was the total costs that you ladies paid to your gynae for your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? mine was about $8 k including the doc's fee for delivery. hospitalization was about $8 k for 5D4N stay. that was in year 2012.

My total cost including doc's delivery fee for #1 was $18K, $7 K from medisave and $11k cash. I stayed in Mt A for 6D5N (2 bedder), #1 stay in NICU for 8 days after birth due to premature, he was borned at week 34.

Hi all, tested positive yesterday. EDD shld b 19 March. My 1st boy is fm Jan 2012. Abit hesitate to post actually cos I'm experience many MC in e past... Praying for a healthy bb n staying positive nevertheless.

My 1st Gynae is also Dr HK Ho (Mt A) he's damn exp but he's vry cautious on both mum n bb n will take really good care of u. Some I heard only care for bb not so much on mummy's well being...His stitches I heard is flawless n painless (can't tell e flawless part since natural delivery) hence I choose him + he's damn experience. He's vry prone natural n encourage us to try even though our bb estimated to b 4kg (deliver 3.8kg since I lost weight last few weeks). He's didn't pressure me n vry patiently wait till my EDD (he advise against past EDD delivery though n intend to induce on EDD if no sign). Thank God, bb arrive on EDD naturally :) during my 18 hrs labor, Dr HK Ho kept checking on me so it does help tat his clinic is in Mt A itself. Cos he's damn popular n clinic always full so am grateful for his attention :)

I would hv love to go to him again but to be easier on pocket I intend to switch to Dr Benjamin Tham whom I only visited once n find him real comfortable to b with, passionate abt his job, treat staff n patient well. Looking forward to see him on 29 Jul, praying hard to see good sign :)

I wish e best for all of u n am so glad to b able to shs e joy ride along wif u wonderful mummies here, cheers :)

@bianz jiayou! I am sure you can join this thread.

I hope I can join this thread too. Tested positive 2 days ago and went for a scan at GP yesterday too, however the doctor could not find my water bag and the fetus.
Pray really really hard that bb is fine. Because I have a tilted uterus therefore doctor find it difficult to find. Asking me to go back again in 2 weeks to check again.

Wish everything is good and hope to join this thread soon and the rest of you take care and enjoy the 9 months pregnancy! :)

May I know what are all your early symptoms during the early stage of pregnancy?
I only have nipples sore and stomach cramps. Is it normal?

It always feels like my menses is coming as the below tends to sometimes feels wet but luckily its not menses.

Back