(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Rly ah.. I rly damn scared it suddenly dies on me. Ok then I suppose i wont bother with a back up first..for now.
suually pple will have 2 when they go back to work .. one leave in office and the other at home ..
if you are going to be at home for 16 wks ..personally i dun think there is a need...if machine fail then latch on demand liao lolz

suually pple will have 2 when they go back to work .. one leave in office and the other at home ..
if you are going to be at home for 16 wks ..personally i dun think there is a need...if machine fail then latch on demand liao lolz
i'd prolly worry abt the 2nd one when i return to the office then! ya if it fails ah... hb and bb need to be my back up liao... wootz

I see how my parents treat their grandkids (my niece and nephew), I feel grandparents will always treat their grandkids very differently from treating their kids....

For their grandkids they will dote and dote... unless you are VERY VERY CLEAR with your parent/inlaws from the beginning that you don't allow it...

I think I will tell my kids from young that don't expect to be spoonfed, picked up after etc from me, I will never allow it.

But then again, once you are at work, you cannot control how your helper/inlaws/parents take care of the kids, cuz you are not there to supervise.

Haha ... Not all will listen to your instructions ...

Very good eg: I'm sitting in front of my kids, telling off my kids to choose either Yakult or ice cream at my inlaw's house . They choose Yakult .. I told them only one food . So the adults took the ice cream then . After finish their drink they will ask if they can take one mouthful of the ice cream . I told them that since they make the decision of drinking Yakult they will know that I will not give them ice cream. Then you know what ? My in law went to the fridge and take the ice cream out and give them in front of me !! Can you imagine how angry I am ?? Here I'm teaching my children to know that they should not be greedy and must stick to their decision , there the old folks are spoiling the mkt .. My Hb see my face turn black , told his folks that they shouldn't do that .. Then the mum still trying to gay kiang ask my children to the kitchen to eat .. Can you feel me ?? Sigh ??? !!!

my hb keeps saying to his mom..see lah u only bf me for so short a time ... that's why now i am not smart enuff. -_-"

i tink i'd tell him ok now i give u ur booster. make u smart . then u buy more Mulberry andCeline bags for me hor :D
wahahaha...he dare to drink then say lolz

totally agreed !! my mom was like tiger mum during MY time but when it come to grandchildren she lost that fire

I think my mum is going to be exactly like this too! Last time in school I kena caned almost everyday if result not good enough, don't want to practice piano, dirty my school uniform etc. Now, bb not here yet but I see the way she spoil my puppy when I leave him at her place when my hubby is on biz trip, I think my son is going to be spoiled rotten by her.

Hahah ... I can't stand all these .. My 2 girls are trained very early . They will wear their socks and shoes before 2. Sleep in their own room by 1.5 yo and 3 yo. Eat their own before 3 yo .. My 5 yo will now will get the milk and pour cereal to eat every morning, or take the bread and spread herself .

Will not take her school bags. It's very different upbringing style . Compared to children taken care by parents or maids .. Have to really spoon feed them . The difference you can see it very obviously . That's the reason why I insist of taking care my kids myself rather than asking old folk to take care.

I dun wish my kids to be spoil rotten to the max ..

I like ur style!

We are very very very clear in our instructions for my ILS about the dos and don'ts ...they only follow one week nia... and after that forgot about it... citing reason "aiyah they are still young ma"...aiyah I am too old to learn these parenting stuff... now my hb is forcing them to read parenting book to get them to in sync with us hahahah....after 4 years, the battle still going on... hahaha

so the verdict is .... if you need help from your parents or ILs, your expectation of them must be lower when it comes to asking them to discipline your own children... you have to be firm and strictly adhere to your own parenting style when you are with them...

Haha that's why I never even think of asking them for help ... 靠人不如靠自己, I dun wish to have a big fight , especially when I'm a super straight forward person and quick/tempered ..

My in law are baby sitter .. They can come and tell me , faster go try 3rd one .. Still young .. I can help you take care of the children ...

Then one fine long weekend , I put the children to stay overnight there . They keep calling us , asking what time can we go fetch them back ? Cos they going out ??? I'm so furious Lo .... A moment say hardly see the grandchildren, a moment say need to go out ask us to bring them back ?? So going out is more important than bonding with grandchildren ??

Ai Ya.... Enough of all these shit ... So better take care myself better than make myself angry and pissed off ...

not out of topic...it is relevant :p

icic .. wah bring kids to work that is a new one ... your own biz har ...

there is pro and con in whichever method ..the parent will just have to weight the difference and see which one they can accept lor

Ya own biz ... Own time own target . Teaches my children that money is hard to earn too .. Let them see how mummy need to work ... They can ask for whatever toys they want .. But they need to earn it :)

my hb keeps saying to his mom..see lah u only bf me for so short a time ... that's why now i am not smart enuff. -_-"

i tink i'd tell him ok now i give u ur booster. make u smart . then u buy more Mulberry andCeline bags for me hor :D
My Hb see my milk he ran away lo!!! Can you imagine I have bags of bm in the fridge that need to be clear off .. He dun even dare to come near my breast !!! I have to use the excess bm to soak my feet !!! Last time no bathtub .. Otherwise will fill up to have milk bath!!

Heng, I am letting my mum take care of my bb.
If let my PIL take care, I think I will faint looking at the way they take care of my hub niece and nephew. Really spoil rotten and give in all the way.

My Hb see my milk he ran away lo!!! Can you imagine I have bags of bm in the fridge that need to be clear off .. He dun even dare to come near my breast !!! I have to use the excess bm to soak my feet !!! Last time no bathtub .. Otherwise will fill up to have milk bath!!

My sis hub also receptive to her milk lei. Every other week, my sis bb will go for milk bath, my sis got extra. Her hub will fill the hot water then ask her to add in the milk herself and bath bb herself, if its normal water, he will bath bb himself. My sis say like her milk got poison.

Haha that's why I never even think of asking them for help ... 靠人不如靠自己, I dun wish to have a big fight , especially when I'm a super straight forward person and quick/tempered
My in law are baby sitter .. They can come and tell me , faster go try 3rd one .. Still young .. I can help you take care of the children ...

Then one fine long weekend , I put the children to stay overnight there . They keep calling us , asking what time can we go fetch them back ? Cos they going out ??? I'm so furious Lo .... A moment say hardly see the grandchildren, a moment say need to go out ask us to bring them back ?? So going out is more important than bonding with grandchildren ??

Ai Ya.... Enough of all these shit ... So better take care myself better than make myself angry and pissed off ...

Ya own biz ... Own time own target . Teaches my children that money is hard to earn too .. Let them see how mummy need to work ... They can ask for whatever toys they want .. But they need to earn it :)
grandparent today want their freedom ..to them they have done their duty ie taking care of us ..when old it is time to be happening and enjoy life that is why alot of them dun wan to look after grandchildren ..of coruse off hand they can tell you ..can help you but but still they want their freedom and wan you to take over asap . if maid , baby sitter and CC are reliable ..of course we wont mind giving them back their freedom but sometime is no choice .. .. would you rather let family member look after or pass it to total stranger ...

no wonder ..can bring children to work lolz

my friend's nanny use BM to fry scramble egg lolz

Heng, I am letting my mum take care of my bb.
If let my PIL take care, I think I will faint looking at the way they take care of my hub niece and nephew. Really spoil rotten and give in all the way.

Even own parents also the same thing .. Cos this happen to my mum too lol but one thing abt my mum is she's more hygienic but she will alway spoil the children one la ... Dunno for yours

my mum looks ok lei, she doesn't really spoil my sis bb, she is still quite strict.

I know my dad will spoil my bb neice rotten coz my dog also climb up his head... haha But my dad listen to us. haha

hmmm.. i aim to train as early as possible. Reduce night feed, and if possible, toilet train also.

@gammahedging Yeah the book I'm reading says the baby can start sleep training as early as possible, even from the day he/she returns from hospital, but I know this is highly controversial among parents. We can be sleep training buddies! :D As for toilet training, I'm not thinking about it for now; will cross the bridge when the time comes.

grandparent today want their freedom ..to them they have done their duty ie taking care of us ..when old it is time to be happening and enjoy life that is why alot of them dun wan to look after grandchildren ..of coruse off hand they can tell you ..can help you but but still they want their freedom and wan you to take over asap . if maid , baby sitter and CC are reliable ..of course we wont mind giving them back their freedom but sometime is no choice .. .. would you rather let family member look after or pass it to total stranger ...

ya lor. my ex colleague inlaw even more funny. She rather take care of her niece's son then her own son bb.. She took care of my colleague bb for less than 1 mth and tell her to go find nanny herself. They live in the same house lei..

Now, my colleague gonna give birth to 2nd kid, they plan a trip during the time she about to pop...

I'm not stopping them from having their freedom .. But they shouldn't come and tell me to try for #3 and they will help to take care of the children if they want to have freedom as well ! Easy to say not easy to take care . I still have to carry bb in my tummy for 40weeks and take care of them for half their life ... My own mum will tell me off say I bo Liao , 2 girls so big already still go for #3 .. 折磨my own self lol

ya lor. my ex colleague inlaw even more funny. She rather take care of her niece's son then her own son bb.. She took care of my colleague bb for less than 1 mth and tell her to go find nanny herself. They live in the same house lei..

Now, my colleague gonna give birth to 2nd kid, they plan a trip during the time she about to pop...
and here our government kept telling pple grandparent play a very big part in taking care of younger generation so that parent can continue in workforce to contribute to the society lolz
i wonder did they do thorough research before making such comments lolz

just because you see a handful that do that but does that replace the bulk of the society here lolz

@gammahedging Yeah the book I'm reading says the baby can start sleep training as early as possible, even from the day he/she returns from hospital, but I know this is highly controversial among parents. We can be sleep training buddies! :D As for toilet training, I'm not thinking about it for now; will cross the bridge when the time comes.
Ok ! again from what my mom said.. i stopped my night feeds v early on. My dad will feed me at abt 11 + pm (apparently i sometimes cant even be bothered to drink it and a lot of milk was wasted as a result), and then my mom will get up at 5 ish 6 am the next day to feed.

and here our government kept telling pple grandparent play a very big part in taking care of younger generation so that parent can continue in workforce to contribute to the society lolz
i wonder did they do thorough research before making such comments lolz

just because you see a handful that do that but does that replace the bulk of the society here lolz

ya.there r also lots of grandparents who want to help but not in good health to take care of grandchildren.

I think my mum is going to be exactly like this too! Last time in school I kena caned almost everyday if result not good enough, don't want to practice piano, dirty my school uniform etc. Now, bb not here yet but I see the way she spoil my puppy when I leave him at her place when my hubby is on biz trip, I think my son is going to be spoiled rotten by her.
I got caned for ... producing untidy work... less than desirable marks... hb got caned for daydreaming while doing his hw... lol. those were the days.

Ok ! again from what my mom said.. i stopped my night feeds v early on. My dad will feed me at abt 11 + pm (apparently i sometimes cant even be bothered to drink it and a lot of milk was wasted as a result), and then my mom will get up at 5 ish 6 am the next day to feed.
that is what i did for my son ... my hb will feed at 11++ then next morning 5-6 then i take over next feed but that is when my boy is 3 months old
i acty feel like trying it leh. hmm.

lolz you shld try then you know what u feeding bb :p

Rly ah.. I rly damn scared it suddenly dies on me. Ok then I suppose i wont bother with a back up first..for now.
You can rent one if really break down, so should be fine bah... :) Maybe when u go back to work, u can consider getting 1 to put at work, 1 at home...

We are very very very clear in our instructions for my ILS about the dos and don'ts ...they only follow one week nia... and after that forgot about it... citing reason "aiyah they are still young ma"...aiyah I am too old to learn these parenting stuff... now my hb is forcing them to read parenting book to get them to in sync with us hahahah....after 4 years, the battle still going on... hahaha

so the verdict is .... if you need help from your parents or ILs, your expectation of them must be lower when it comes to asking them to discipline your own children... you have to be firm and strictly adhere to your own parenting style when you are with them...

My hubby already passed the WBB books to my MIL, ask her to read if she wants to take care of her grandchild. She better keep up to date, if she want to take care of my grandchild. My MIL knows that I can be very fierce, so hopefully she will listen.

Once reach 18 months, i intend to put my kid in FT childcare, so that they can interact with other kids. My MIL will just help to pick them up and help them with dinner....

Haha ... Not all will listen to your instructions ...

Very good eg: I'm sitting in front of my kids, telling off my kids to choose either Yakult or ice cream at my inlaw's house . They choose Yakult .. I told them only one food . So the adults took the ice cream then . After finish their drink they will ask if they can take one mouthful of the ice cream . I told them that since they make the decision of drinking Yakult they will know that I will not give them ice cream. Then you know what ? My in law went to the fridge and take the ice cream out and give them in front of me !! Can you imagine how angry I am ?? Here I'm teaching my children to know that they should not be greedy and must stick to their decision , there the old folks are spoiling the mkt .. My Hb see my face turn black , told his folks that they shouldn't do that .. Then the mum still trying to gay kiang ask my children to the kitchen to eat .. Can you feel me ?? Sigh ??? !!!

If my MIL do this, I will openly say her that I already said the kids cannot take, can you please put it back, and I know my hubby will back me up on this (otherwise he will get a earful when he goes home).

Good thing is cuz my FIL has diabetes, so my MIL's place don't have junk food like this... I hope my FIL won't use my kid as an excuse to buy junk food for himself (he sometimes has very poor self control when it comes to his diet choices).

Last edited:
ya.there r also lots of grandparents who want to help but not in good health to take care of grandchildren.
dun say so fast ... if they are in good health they probably also very happening and out enjoying their retirement life

grandparent are like those maid ..they learn bad things very fast lolz

all you need is for them to join a few session of taiji and it will follow by karoke session ..makan session ...
then travelling bug ... and soon no time to look after grandchildren liao lolz

That is exactly the method I'm reading up on. I foresee we'll have lots to chat about in a couple of months! :)

dun say so fast ... if they are in good health they probably also very happening and out enjoying their retirement life

all you need is for them to join a few session of taiji and it will follow by karoke session ..makan session ...

ya.my fren mil is those active type got many programme one...very happening one...

Yes !!!! Totally agree with you !!!

They are healthy and dun wish to work . Not saying they must work .. But rather work part time to kill time rather than keep goin to all these activities and everything changes ...

agree...but i will still want to bring my kids to play with sand at east coast next time.now the playground sandless already not like last time...
play sand must start earlier cos they will fear sand and grass when reach certain age ...
for me i try to incorporate some old school games for my boys like kite flying ... water related games...go parks run .. instead of shopping mall exercise or computer but of coruse he get to do some of those too but i try to minimise

Some funny conversations going on here. My DH has made it very clear he wants to taste my milk, and take the leftovers to make ice-cream (we have an ice-cream machine). But I'm afraid that the milk will have a lot of lactose that, while babies can take it, will make adults pang sai.

Oh dear, I can foresee my MIL spoiling my bb rotten. DH is her only child, and she is still spoiling him to a certain extent, what more her son's son! Many grandparents feel grandkids are for them to enjoy in old age, not for disciplining; the dirty work of disciplining is for parents to do.

ya.my fren mil is those active type got many programme one...very happening one...
my mom lor ... weekend she sure not at home one ... if she at home means she is tired
but mon - friday she look after grandchildren ... and every year got a few annual "leave" break for travelling either she and her friends or we bring her

that is why she always tell pple she is our " employee " :s

Oh dear, I can foresee my MIL spoiling my bb rotten. DH is her only child, and she is still spoiling him to a certain extent, what more her son's son! Many grandparents feel grandkids are for them to enjoy in old age, not for disciplining; the dirty work of disciplining is for parents to do.

But I also hope our parents will also support us in our parenting style, and not insist on their own ways... This is ideal situation lah...

Some funny conversations going on here. My DH has made it very clear he wants to taste my milk, and take the leftovers to make ice-cream (we have an ice-cream machine). But I'm afraid that the milk will have a lot of lactose that, while babies can take it, will make adults pang sai.

MAKE ICE_CREAM :eek:

play sand must start earlier cos they will fear sand and grass when reach certain age ...
for me i try to incorporate some old school games for my boys like kite flying ... water related games...go parks run .. instead of shopping mall exercise or computer but of coruse he get to do some of those too but i try to minimise
That's what we are doing !

Go fly kite . Kite is always in the car . Whenever we nothing to do just drive over and fly kite , scoot in the park, cycling in the park . But nowadays the mummy walk too slow .. So the mummy always at home sleeping while daddy bring them to the park .

Every few alternate days will go downstairs swimming ... Now iPad iPhone got password . So access to all these gadget ... My girls not so bad ... I ever seen a couple pushing a stroller with iPhone on the stand for the baby to watch !!! I see already I really speechless ... Screen so small , shaky .... It's bad for eye sight and it building a habit for the baby must watch iphone when outside ...

My hubby already passed the WBB books to my MIL, ask her to read if she wants to take care of her grandchild. She better keep up to date, if she want to take care of my grandchild. My MIL knows that I can be very fierce, so hopefully she will listen.

Once reach 18 months, i intend to put my kid in FT childcare, so that they can interact with other kids. My MIL will just help to pick them up and help them with dinner....

That's what my elder one was doing... My hubby was not working when my ger was 2mo till 6mo, so he actually had more bonding time with her during that time. After that my MIL took over during day time while we work, then come evening we will take over the feeding and sleeping at our own house until she's 30 mo when she finally got enrolled to cc... but thats also when we moved back to PIL when more pattern come out... hahaha

Back