(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Good morning mummies! Air v smelly outside, try to stay indoors!

Hazy? I dunno cos whole day at home sleeping after mj marathon lol

No need to go squeeze with the crowd too

@fluffy_fluffy wah u super hard core mahjong, I like!! Fri I was v naughty too, month end all my colleagues no mood to work, n night we couldn't play cos they going hello kitty run the next morning, so at 11am, we F1 back to my house, played 2 rounds, n went back to office at 4pm, hehe. Jia lat hor.

happy ? her EDD is end of jan leh :X

hearsay in NICU

anyway i heard it from my whatsapp group...details i totally dunno..but i kind of worry for her
if i work backward which week she is in

Oh dear 27 wks is really early, hope the babies r coping ok.

Y? I tot timing is as impt as date?
I'm stressing over which master to go.

Haha choose timing need extra cost n I don't believe gynae will really op on the dot or bring bb out exactly on time. Op diff to predict what might happen...

Haha choose timing need extra cost n I don't believe gynae will really op on the dot or bring bb out exactly on time. Op diff to predict what might happen...

Yap, pay a lot of extra cost to operate at the right timing.
My colleague did that, she practically have to pre-book everything from doc to surgery room.

That's quite early... hope babies are doing well.. Cuz if end Jan EDD, she is only 27 weeks

i round up to 28 wks

Any mummies here having csect will let master choose date?
i will

Twins will usually deliver quite early is it? Mummy n babies doing well?
not really ... the early i hear is at most 36wks

Y? I tot timing is as impt as date?
I'm stressing over which master to go.
yes timing and date is equally important

the master will give you the time range and gynae will cut within that time range lor ...
the only unpredictable is you go into labour ebfore the planned date / time lolz

Yap, pay a lot of extra cost to operate at the right timing.
My colleague did that, she practically have to pre-book everything from doc to surgery room.
the moment you select C sect date it is expensive arleady ..as for timing if normal hours no extra change if those odd wee hour then good luck on the cost

I think timing the feng shui master usually give in blocks of 2 hrs, cos every 2 hrs correspond to a different zodiac. I think should be like that la, cos that's what they gave me for my house moving.

Oh, for my previous csect there's no extra cost, timing given is like within 2-3 hr so baby must be out within tis timing. Unless u choose those after office hr then there's extra charges.

My mil add in a lot of comments abt my previous master tat y my mum ask to seek another advise frm other master. I duno each to go, any mummies here can advise which master is gd?

does your master choose names too? how much were you quoted? I was quoted 480+ each for c sect date and choose name kena ex to me but he said he's not keen to take my case cuz mine has jia pu middle name

$480 for csect date? Tats too ex bah
You long zi charge $100 for choosing name, date for csect I cant remember but will not be more than $200 if I'm not wrong.

I think timing the feng shui master usually give in blocks of 2 hrs, cos every 2 hrs correspond to a different zodiac. I think should be like that la, cos that's what they gave me for my house moving.

yah mine also give me block of 2 hrs for #1

Oh, for my previous csect there's no extra cost, timing given is like within 2-3 hr so baby must be out within tis timing. Unless u choose those after office hr then there's extra charges.

My mil add in a lot of comments abt my previous master tat y my mum ask to seek another advise frm other master. I duno each to go, any mummies here can advise which master is gd?

how to define good master lolz .. the only way to tell whether they good or not is when the kid become grown up right lolz
the master i chose was recommended by my mom though she never engaged his sservice before lolz but he is highly recommended

does your master choose names too? how much were you quoted? I was quoted 480+ each for c sect date and choose name kena ex to me but he said he's not keen to take my case cuz mine has jia pu middle name

mine is a package...he will choose the date and timing block ..after birth inform him of the actual timing and he will work out a few chinese names ( if you have jia pu he will work around that middle character to come out with the name ) and we will choose it .. then after full month we will meet him and he will explain the kiddo 's eight character .. let 's just say for #1 i paid 4 digits numbers ... and i just checked prices has increased but no choice have to be fair to princess too .. so now just waiting for gynae to give me the week then i will go find him cos he need 10 days to work on it

$480 for csect date? Tats too ex bah
You long zi charge $100 for choosing name, date for csect I cant remember but will not be more than $200 if I'm not wrong.
you long zi ...you go google alot of pple complain abt him

yah mine also give me block of 2 hrs for #1

how to define good master lolz .. the only way to tell whether they good or not is when the kid become grown up right lolz
the master i chose was recommended by my mom though she never engaged his sservice before lolz but he is highly recommended

mine is a package...he will choose the date and timing block ..after birth inform him of the actual timing and he will work out a few chinese names ( if you have jia pu he will work around that middle character to come out with the name ) and we will choose it .. then after full month we will meet him and he will explain the kiddo 's eight character .. let 's just say for #1 i paid 4 digits numbers ... and i just checked prices has increased but no choice have to be fair to princess too .. so now just waiting for gynae to give me the week then i will go find him cos he need 10 days to work on it

wah 4 digits?? No cheap either... my elder one was $128 each then... mine was jingzilong...

I also recall paying less than or ard $100 for list of names. But this time rd I might go to another master... Haven't decide

Haiz... Csect so mah fan, dun see master to choose date I feel bad, see master choose date I so stress.

You long zi a lot complains? Lol I only happen to read one abt a couple complain of you long zi's son.

wah 4 digits?? No cheap either... my elder one was $128 each then... mine was jingzilong...
yah i know not cheap .. anyway my point is as parent i try to give the kid a head start by engaging a renowed one ..whether he or she can make it in life that is another diff story lolz ...

how come all the master got long zi in their name one lolz

Haiz... Csect so mah fan, dun see master to choose date I feel bad, see master choose date I so stress.

You long zi a lot complains? Lol I only happen to read one abt a couple complain of you long zi's son.
why stress ? you are no the one calculating or choosing the date lolz

i read a few ... use google

yah i know not cheap .. anyway my point is as parent i try to give the kid a head start by engaging a renowed one ..whether he or she can make it in life that is another diff story lolz ...

how come all the master got long zi in their name one lolz

Agree wat u said, tat y I'm stress.
Mind sharing ur master info?

why stress ? you are no the one calculating or choosing the date lolz

i read a few ... use google

Cos my mil!! She comments a lot and the dates my master give me, she ask another person to count and say not gd, say my gal will be ppl's mistress if I choose tat date! Faint... U say stress anot? Then say my master not gd!

the moment you select C sect date it is expensive arleady ..as for timing if normal hours no extra change if those odd wee hour then good luck on the cost

I see, I think her son was born at those odd wee hour. can't remember the exact cost, but it really sounds like a lot haha

happy ? her EDD is end of jan leh :X

hearsay in NICU

anyway i heard it from my whatsapp group...details i totally dunno..but i kind of worry for her
if i work backward which week she is in

if end of Jan = week 28 now...

mine 1st Feb, i m only week 27 + now...

but twins usually come out quite early?

hope baby and mummy are fine ...

Actually talking abt feng shui master, last time we have this feng shui master from Hong Kong that all my colleagues use, cos sales people damn pantang, we will fly him in 2x a year n he will come to all our cubicles, dabble dabble a bit, n pocket a $60 red packet from each of us, 很好赚。N he has been doing this since I joined the bank, which was 9 yrs ago. N though I let him see my cubicle I was always abit skeptical. Then finally last year in Sept I decided to let him see my house to see if need to do anything, cos it has been 2-3 yrs since I moved (I used 缘中秀 then - overpriced n they keep on cross selling their products), n the moment he stood at the entrance, before he even stepped into the house, he asked me if I have any children. So when I replied no, he said: "not surprising, this house not easy to conceive". This was before I even said anything abt family n trying to conceive ok. I was converted from a skeptic to a believer in 3 secs flat, haha. So anyway, long story short, after he saw the house, he did a simple personal reading for me, n told me not to bother trying in 2013, cos absolutely no fire in my ba zi, even if conceive i will miscarry. Omg! I did miscarry earlier in the year but he didn't know that! Then he count count count he said 2014 got fire, can try, 2015 even more fire, so best in conceive in 2014 n deliver in 2015. U see la, given where I'm at now, how to not believe him?? So after that session, I kept on asking the coordinator when he's coming to SG again, n the plan was for middle of this year, but to my devastation, I found out in June that he passed away suddenly but peacefully in his sleep in May. So so sad!!

Cos my mil!! She comments a lot and the dates my master give me, she ask another person to count and say not gd, say my gal will be ppl's mistress if I choose tat date! Faint... U say stress anot? Then say my master not gd!

wah, really stress...
Ask your MIL for the date and see what ur master say?

since she so many comments then let her choose the master lor ... what is the point of you choosing one and she still go ask another ...waste money lolz ..

lucky my MIL dare not comment if it is chosen by her son whahahahahah

Last edited:
Actually talking abt feng shui master, last time we have this feng shui master from Hong Kong that all my colleagues use, cos sales people damn pantang, we will fly him in 2x a year n he will come to all our cubicles, dabble dabble a bit, n pocket a $60 red packet from each of us, 很好赚。N he has been doing this since I joined the bank, which was 9 yrs ago. N though I let him see my cubicle I was always abit skeptical. Then finally last year in Sept I decided to let him see my house to see if need to do anything, cos it has been 2-3 yrs since I moved (I used 缘中秀 then - overpriced n they keep on cross selling their products), n the moment he stood at the entrance, before he even stepped into the house, he asked me if I have any children. So when I replied no, he said: "not surprising, this house not easy to conceive". This was before I even said anything abt family n trying to conceive ok. I was converted from a skeptic to a believer in 3 secs flat, haha. So anyway, long story short, after he saw the house, he did a simple personal reading for me, n told me not to bother trying in 2013, cos absolutely no fire in my ba zi, even if conceive i will miscarry. Omg! I did miscarry earlier in the year but he didn't know that! Then he count count count he said 2014 got fire, can try, 2015 even more fire, so best in conceive in 2014 n deliver in 2015. U see la, given where I'm at now, how to not believe him?? So after that session, I kept on asking the coordinator when he's coming to SG again, n the plan was for middle of this year, but to my devastation, I found out in June that he passed away suddenly but peacefully in his sleep in May. So so sad!!

my management also a strong believer in FS ..every year also engaged master from HK ..one of point of them all staff must give their eight characters for sitting arranagement lolz anyway

sometime it is hard to be skeptical ... this form of skill has been going on for century hence there must be some truth in it ..but of course must find someone geniuine skilled and not those jiahou con man lah ...

my friend also engaged one sifu .. he and his wife married for 10 years but no kid and the master told him which year he will have and indeed .. his 2 kids really pop out in those 2 years the master mentioned ...

since she so many comments then let her choose the master lor ... what is the point of you choosing one and she still go ask another ...waste money lolz ..

lucky my MIL dare not comment if it is chosen by her son whahahahahah

@gael I agree! If ur mil got so many opinion then better let her choose the master, u can tag along to hear what her master say... Since u don't knw who to go to anyway

Yar not easy to find a good one and affordable to us. My hubby relative used to engage an old master who is not commercially into feng shui but he is good, he audit our first flat and help us to choose my wedding date and such. Before my elder one is out, the old master passed on. We then knew the old master helped MBS designed its tablet design and his disciple (a lady) now took over his portfolio but she charges so so so so high... we cant afford...

I found another FS master in another forum, heard he is really good with house audit and such.But also quite expensive... sigh!

Hi ladies, I need to make a big decision and would like your advice. I have booked a confinement nanny by paying her a $200 deposit, supposed to pay her another $200 when I arrange to meet her in-person sometime before delivery. But I am considering giving her up. There is absolutely nothing wrong with her. It's just that DH and I are reading a book on sleep training the baby to sleep through 7 hours at night without needing to be fed in the middle of the night, and we are keen to apply this method on baby. So, we now feel there is less need for a CN if we are to take charge of the baby ourselves at night to sleep train him, and have baby sleep in the same room as us. The CN, being an older person from an earlier generation, may also disapprove of sleep training and there may be increased tension as a result. Given that we have to pay her $3,000 for 3 weeks just before CNY, we now feel it may be too much money to spend just for someone to change diapers and do housework in the daytime. But we haven’t come to a firm decision yet.

What would you do if you were me? Keep the CN and pay the $3,000, or let her go by giving up the $200 deposit?

For those curious, the sleep training book I am reading is: http://www.amazon.com/The-Newborn-Sleep-Book-Training/dp/0399167986/ref=tmm_pap_title_0

I bought the book from Kino at Ngee Ann City.

I know not everyone agrees with this sleep training method. But I just want to hear opinions that IF we are to sleep train the baby to sleep through the night without needing to feed in the middle of the night, is a CN still really necessary? Thanks!

Hahahaha cos we used him for our hse fengshui n marriage selection date.. Sibeh chor.. Wondering if we shd continue to use him for baby name selection ..
for my current house and marriage we used a friend's sifu and he everything also can ... that is why when it come to #1 we decided to go to Grand master ..i dun want another ..everything also can .. if everything also can i do myself why pay you to tell me that lolz ... of course i cant say the 1st master is bad cos both of us quite ok lolz
yah GM house FS consultation not cheap .. next time i get my house i will get him too lolz but i see his website ... please call for quotation ...i cold sweat liao lolz

Yar not easy to find a good one and affordable to us. My hubby relative used to engage an old master who is not commercially into feng shui but he is good, he audit our first flat and help us to choose my wedding date and such. Before my elder one is out, the old master passed on. We then knew the old master helped MBS designed its tablet design and his disciple (a lady) now took over his portfolio but she charges so so so so high... we cant afford...
renowned one all very exp ...maybe they got other disciples who are cheaper leh

wah, really stress...
Ask your MIL for the date and see what ur master say?

I will not wan to do tat la, cos u noe master will not be happy with that, they will think tat u dun trust them then y see them.

Let my mil use her master, I won't lor cos I dun believe their way, cos normally we see master for date, they will ask for we parent's birth date, gender of bb and the week gyne give. But my mil's de only base on bb gender and week gyne give.
How to believe? What happen if tat date they give crash on me or my husband, I dun wan my kids to keep quarrel with me when they older or anything happen to me during the operation since they only see date for bb and didn't take parents into consideration.

Hi ladies, I need to make a big decision and would like your advice. I have booked a confinement nanny by paying her a $200 deposit, supposed to pay her another $200 when I arrange to meet her in-person sometime before delivery. But I am considering giving her up. There is absolutely nothing wrong with her. It's just that DH and I are reading a book on sleep training the baby to sleep through 7 hours at night without needing to be fed in the middle of the night, and we are keen to apply this method on baby. So, we now feel there is less need for a CN if we are to take charge of the baby ourselves at night to sleep train him, and have baby sleep in the same room as us. The CN, being an older person from an earlier generation, may also disapprove of sleep training and there may be increased tension as a result. Given that we have to pay her $3,000 for 3 weeks just before CNY, we now feel it may be too much money to spend just for someone to change diapers and do housework in the daytime. But we haven’t come to a firm decision yet.

What would you do if you were me? Keep the CN and pay the $3,000, or let her go by giving up the $200 deposit?

For those curious, the sleep training book I am reading is: http://www.amazon.com/The-Newborn-Sleep-Book-Training/dp/0399167986/ref=tmm_pap_title_0

I know not everyone agrees with this sleep training method. But I just want to hear opinions that IF we are to sleep train the baby to sleep through the night without needing to feed in the middle of the night, is a CN still really necessary? Thanks!

hello Archie... ask yourself why do you want to get a confinement nanny in the first place??... As for setting the baby into routine, it is never too late to implement after confinement nanny has left ... may take longer than what was described in the book but so long you are consistent in your daily routine, first few nights will be the hardest and your hardwork will still get rewarded. sometimes in the book where the ang mo social context is very different from our asian context, so you may need to improvise your method that works best in your family setting... more often than not, you cannot follow the book 100%...hope this helps ... i read Gina Ford books... but it was way too difficult to implement her sleep routine I try to follow as close as possible that work well with my elder one even at this stage...

1st of all

1) i will still engage the CL cos being #1 mummy you still have no idea what to expect in taking care of infant... reading book is knowledge in reality it may not be as per wat the book said ..every parent and baby are diff

2) for me sleep through is good but i will only train when they are around 3 months .. beginning stage is when they need all the nutrition to grow so i will feed on demand until they are 3 months old then i train .. at least this is what i did for my #1 and i will continue to do that for #2

I will not wan to do tat la, cos u noe master will not be happy with that, they will think tat u dun trust them then y see them.

Let my mil use her master, I won't lor cos I dun believe their way, cos normally we see master for date, they will ask for we parent's birth date, gender of bb and the week gyne give. But my mil's de only base on bb gender and week gyne give.
How to believe? What happen if tat date they give crash on me or my husband, I dun wan my kids to keep quarrel with me when they older or anything happen to me during the operation since they only see date for bb and didn't take parents into consideration.

Paiseh, never see FM master b4, dunno the rules and regulations. My FIL is those Taoist master, those will "ki tang" one. So all my wedding dates, reno date all calculated by my PIL.

Esther, keep us informed on the twins...send our regards even though we do not know them
yah, help send our well wishes to them.

as mentioned i heard from my whatsapp kakis i dunno the details cos i am not in the pioneer jan whatsapp and
they also din post on FB leh .. so i also dunno who is the one that gave birth early

so your MIL using those jiang hou one .. no need details and use poker card predict one har lolz this kind cannot believe lah ...

hello Archie... ask yourself why do you want to get a confinement nanny in the first place??... As for setting the baby into routine, it is never too late to implement after confinement nanny has left ... may take longer than what was described in the book but so long you are consistent in your daily routine, first few nights will be the hardest and your hardwork will still get rewarded. sometimes in the book where the ang mo social context is very different from our asian context, so you may need to improvise your method that works best in your family setting... more often than not, you cannot follow the book 100%...hope this helps ... i read Gina Ford books... but it was way too difficult to implement her sleep routine I try to follow as close as possible that work well with my elder one even at this stabe...

Yes, I agree with ecym, plus personally I will not wan to train newborn in tis way first since they still growing, unless they didn't cry for milk at nite, then I won't wake them up for milk.

as mentioned i heard from my whatsapp kakis i dunno the details cos i am not in the pioneer jan whatsapp and
they also din post on FB leh .. so i also dunno who is the one that gave birth early

so your MIL using those jiang hou one .. no need details and use poker card predict one har lolz this kind cannot believe lah ...

Not poker kind, use book oso but didn't take parents into consideration lor.

I'm a first time mummy.... I feel that as a 1st time mummy, as essentially we are facing the "unknown" that is our baby and we are not going to know how to react to certain situations etc. I believe it will be a stressful time and I will take whatever help I can get.

What you think you will do now, when your baby is born, are you so sure that you can be very firm in implementing them??

Sleep training can be done later on, like what @ecym said, most importantly, is to learn the ropes of managing a child.

@Archie7 I'm a newbie myself but my 2 cents worth ya - I went for a breast feeding class last week n they said newborns need feeding every 2-3 hrs, n also we have to keep latching or pumping to keep up the supply cos if no demand then the supply will automatically drop. Also the bb goes thru a few growth spurts in the first few weeks so some weeks they drink even more than usual. So maybe u can consider having a confinement nanny to help u out in the first month, they not only take care of bb but also take care of mummy, then try your training when your bb is a little bigger.

Gals - can I check your opinion on sunning newborns to lower jaundice level (mild case la)...???

The master u mention is tan khoon yong not tan khoon yang rite?

Last nite I goggle abt his charges, see csect date is $200plus rite?

Gals - can I check your opinion on sunning newborns to lower jaundice level (mild case la)...???
u are against or agree ?

my CL suntan my boy during confinement but not good enuff cos still yelllowish after PD check so my hb and i continue to bring him downstair to suntan for a couple of days until clear ...

Back