(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

I only bought 2 swaddle. More for outdoor use

N intend to use the traditional white napkins and those fleece towels for swaddle at home ..

Both my kids didnt swaddle for long.

Thrn that why the elderly says their hands itchy ... lol myth lah i think
lolz my mom also said the same thing lolz

awwww... ur bb so cute!!!

that time when i did my FA scan, i saw a NB bb being wheeled to the nursery. the towel looks bigger than the bb. he / she looked so... delicate. *heart melted immediate;y*
dunno about you all...the smaller the bb ...the scarier it is to carry ..for me lah :p cos look too fragile too delicate ..i scare ... :oops:

my first born also tiny at 2.6kg but at 37 weeks la... all NB look and feel fragile la...esp when bathing...slippery!!!

my first born also tiny at 2.6kg but at 37 weeks la... all NB look and feel fragile la...esp when bathing...slippery!!!
my one look bigger lolz but of course still small esp when we used to looking at giant pple like ourselves or children lolz

@ciakes ......can I know what is the model and price of the spectra u bought? any freebies included? Thanks.
I bought the M1. It was 229..no freebies leh. But since I was there I thought heck it just get..online is cheaper but I prefer getting from the shop itself..just a preference

Just got back from taka sale, was gonna wait till tomorrow but since the stroller we want at Amazon is left w only 1 piece, we figured we need to decide today. To our pleasant surprise, the peg perego is 20% off, plus additional 10% if taka cardholder. Quite worth it! So in the end we decided to get the stroller here, since got local warranty n free rain cover, to negate the $180 difference in price w Amazon. Car seat we will still buy from US though, coz the local version w base is very ex in comparison. Got quite a few brands got 20% off this weekend, plus additional 10%, according to sales guy, bb fair only 20% off, no additional 10%, so if want to buy at taka this weekend is better than next weekend.

There were other things on sale too, like mustela n pigeon, also 20+10... but I look n look also dunno what is good, what is necessary, abit overwhelming, so in the end never buy anything ....

Spectra got M2 meh? I saw only S1, M1 and 9+

Did you get the Air Ria or the Air Ria Luxuna?? We tested both and in the end decided we wanted Luxuna, because of the four wheel drive... Will have to check Taka Baby Fair whether got sale or not.

I thought the sterilizer bundle not as good, cuz this time round they don't have the starter kit, only 1 or 2 bottles, with random stuff like the bathtub etc.... Previously I bought sterilizer + warmer + starter kit for $165...

I'm going back to taka tomorrow, I can check for u if the Luxuna got sale

Oh n I dropped by the office to pick up my Amazon package, here's my loot so far...

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Just got back from taka sale, was gonna wait till tomorrow but since the stroller we want at Amazon is left w only 1 piece, we figured we need to decide today. To our pleasant surprise, the peg perego is 20% off, plus additional 10% if taka cardholder. Quite worth it! So in the end we decided to get the stroller here, since got local warranty n free rain cover, to negate the $180 difference in price w Amazon. Car seat we will still buy from US though, coz the local version w base is very ex in comparison. Got quite a few brands got 20% off this weekend, plus additional 10%, according to sales guy, bb fair only 20% off, no additional 10%, so if want to buy at taka this weekend is better than next weekend.

There were other things on sale too, like mustela n pigeon, also 20+10... but I look n look also dunno what is good, what is necessary, abit overwhelming, so in the end never buy anything ....

Ehhh i thought the Taka Baby Fair starts on 9 Oct? This one is the normal Taka Sale yeah?
20+ 10 discount is quite a sum leh!

The giraffe romper is 3 mths, size looks ok.

The ck is 3-6 mths, that one is v small! Very narrow. If i put it on top of the giraffe romper, u can tell the diff ...

image.jpg

Oh I also got one 5 pcs pack of Gerber 0-3 mths, which I already written off after your experience. It's tiny! But since my bb will be early, maybe still can wear for a couple of weeks.image.jpg

Last edited:
I just went to see Dr Tham and bb is 760g at exactly 24 weeks! Dr Tham says I was not on his initial screening list, but since at 760g bb is on the higher weight percentile so he's going to put me on the glucose test next visit. :(

Very active and today he finally decided to turn and show his face to us.....

After that went to the hospital tour and at the ward we saw a mummy who just gave birth and was wheeled up from the delivery suite with the bb in the bed next to her... Like so blissful! That'll be us in 3-4 months time!
Hi, my baby boy also 760g on 25 weeks, doc nvr said need to test but he said is good fro his growth graph. Fist time I know his weight. KK hospital last time when detail scan the staff said unknown.but, i thk in m'sia clinic is a must to do that test. I will return M'sia next mth. Do not know they will insist me to do it or not.

I'm also considering the peg perego. Which model did u get? How much was it after discount?

I'm getting the switch four. After 20+10, it works out to $783 I think. Personally I find that model HUGE.. n rather heavy at 9.6kg. But my hubby like it woh, says its "sturdy". Ok la, as long as he's there to heave it in n out of the car for me. Which model r u looking at?

Actually of all the items I receive, the best material one by far is the Offspring giraffe romper. Size is good too (in fact might be a wee bit too big, but that's better than too small for sure). They have many cute rompers, can check it out.

Actually of all the items I receive, the best material one by far is the Offspring giraffe romper. Size is good too (in fact might be a wee bit too big, but that's better than too small for sure). They have many cute rompers, can check it out.

Which brand is this? On amazon??

do they come in pink lolz ...

ok will go back surf amazon again ... but will get bigger size lolz

i also dunno how to carry baby.best part was,my dad ask me to buy a plastic doll and learn.we laughed,but he super serious.
A baby will struggle but not the doll.

My mom said that the way to carry the bb is similar to how i usually carry my cat, just that i need to support the neck. I tihkn i can practice more on my cat...wahahahaa... good too cos she struggles :D

I'm getting the switch four. After 20+10, it works out to $783 I think. Personally I find that model HUGE.. n rather heavy at 9.6kg. But my hubby like it woh, says its "sturdy". Ok la, as long as he's there to heave it in n out of the car for me. Which model r u looking at?

I'm looking at the p3 compact. Any idea what's the price at Taka?

I can check for u tomorrow.
Btw since u mention ur baby might n most likely will be early.

U can consider buy more 0-3mths clothes.. maybe those 5 piece rompers packs... outgoing gai gai clothes maybe no need stock more coz mostly in swaddle if ur baby comes early as they are afraid of cold n immunity lower than other babies too so u wont wanna risk bring baby out too often

I have seem alot of mummies last min look for premie babies clothes urgently in sg end up had to buy the expensives ones from branded stores as not many sell such small clothes.

So i think 0-3mths should be fine to stock up a bit for urself. Loose abit nvm better than the so over priced premie clothes in sg...

Btw since u mention ur baby might n most likely will be early.

U can consider buy more 0-3mths clothes.. maybe those 5 piece rompers packs... outgoing gai gai clothes maybe no need stock more coz mostly in swaddle if ur baby comes early as they are afraid of cold n immunity lower than other babies too so u wont wanna risk bring baby out too often

I have seem alot of mummies last min look for premie babies clothes urgently in sg end up had to buy the expensives ones from branded stores as not many sell such small clothes.

So i think 0-3mths should be fine to stock up a bit for urself. Loose abit nvm better than the so over priced premie clothes in sg...

Ok thanks for the advice! :)

Are the swaddles only sold by NotTooBig Booth, or is there other booth selling ?
Stocks still available ?
In yr opinion, are the Bamboo & Original of much difference ? Are they of the same size ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
what electric pumps will you all recommend? Only realised that there are different brands at the fair today and at a loss what to buy...

Also while googling I also saw pigeon have silent pump too but it's not available at the babymarket expo, any reviews abt this?

Feel like waiting until the Baby fair at Taka next week!

Are the swaddles only sold by NotTooBig Booth, or is there other booth selling ?
Stocks still available ?
In yr opinion, are the Bamboo & Original of much difference ? Are they of the same size ?

Thanks in advance

There are also swaddles at Puspik Studio (same row as NotTooBig) and also swaddles at Spring Maternity. You need to see what brand you like. Bamboo swaddles are softer than the normal muslin ones... The normal muslin ones are slightly smaller size (42") than the bamboo ones (47". The normal muslin ones are so cheap because they are clearing the older stock. The newer versions are in boxes like the bamboo ones.

Good morning mummies! It's the long weekend! My colleagues came over my place to play mj till 4.30am last night, man I'm like a zombie now.

My hubby is at the Mt E hospital tour on my behalf now, I'm not even sure if I will get to deliver there but he wants to take a look, n he said since I was up so much yesterday, the only way he will let me go is in a wheelchair. Aiyo, so embarrassing. Plus I couldn't wake up earlier, so I gave it a pass.

After so much deliberation n back n forth yesterday, we finally bought the stroller n car seat .... online. Cos we count count count the diff is really a lot, the entire stroller plus car seat plus car seat base there after ship back is still less than only the stroller here. So we save quite a few hundred. So, anyway, I'm glad that's one big item out of the way.

You're going again tmr? That'll be great! Thanks!

Babe I'm sorry, since I'm not going to hospital tour I'm not dropping by taka today. But I did remember seeing 20+10 off the list price for all the peg perego models.

Hi mummies. . For those intending to bf. Do u need to get the same brand for your feeding bottles? I'm keen to try tommee tippee but I'll be inheriting my sil's medala pump. How many bottles should we get?

Btw for those who are keen abt expo sale, The Aden + adais swaddles are really a steal. 4 piece pack at $39. Vs the usual $79. Didn't get the bamboo ones cos it's more ex and only 3 per packs mostly plain with no designs. Babyjorn and ergo baby carriers are also on pretty good deals

Hi mummies. . For those intending to bf. Do u need to get the same brand for your feeding bottles? I'm keen to try tommee tippee but I'll be inheriting my sil's medala pump. How many bottles should we get?
I never use the same brand for bottle . For me I get 2 .. Use on rotation

I never use the same brand for bottle . For me I get 2 .. Use on rotation
Thanks. If u don't use the same brands means u would have to transfer the milk from storage into feeding bottles? Was wondering if that would be prone to contamination?

Back