(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

I think alot of stuff at the baby fair are only slightly cheaper. Esp the smaller items.. imo not worth braving the crowd and queueing for. I saw alot of ppl grabbing clothes, diapers n milk powder..but the milk powder not that cheap. My sis gets from somewhere even much cheaper..saw this guy getting 10 tins..felt like telling him dont waste money haha..For first time mummy like me it was quite an eye opener though. For small items ill slowly shop for them..big items mostly settled except my stroller!

orh...warmer is for frozen bm ah...ok..i tot is pump milk le den warm a bit for baby to drink...cmi...i totally clueless...hee..
if you pump out ..the bm still warm wat ...normally it is for those thawed frozen bm or those bm in fridge

btw bm for cut off time outside body or fridge one hor ..
i ever read some parent take out frozen one at night and put it in warm til bb wake up then feed...easily 2-4hrs in warmer ..all the nutrition also gone lah

most sterilizer are made to fit their own brand bottles ... so if the other brand bottle are smaller than sterilizer's brand bottle then no issue but also must take note of the height of bottle too ...

yes must take note of this ... my old nuk steriliser can fit in wide and narrow bottles then... not sure if nuk still sell narrow bottles

I think alot of stuff at the baby fair are only slightly cheaper. Esp the smaller items.. imo not worth braving the crowd and queueing for. I saw alot of ppl grabbing clothes, diapers n milk powder..but the milk powder not that cheap. My sis gets from somewhere even much cheaper..saw this guy getting 10 tins..felt like telling him dont waste money haha..For first time mummy like me it was quite an eye opener though. For small items ill slowly shop for them..big items mostly settled except my stroller!
lolz ^5 great mind think alike .. i dun like crowd too ... unless SUPER cheap else cannot justify the squeezing in crowds lolz

maybe got include other freebies like toys or such...

maybe got include other freebies like toys or such...
if they include this kind of toy , i will go lolz ...
this one buy directly from ferrari cost US$599 :D :D

photo0712.jpg

Mummies when u all sleep on your sides, do u feel like baby is super annoyed? Lol..past few nights I keep getting jabbed whenever I lie on my sides..not the small jab but the huge "stop pressing on me NOW" kind of jab/kick. Makes me wonder if I'm hurting baby..

Mummies when u all sleep on your sides, do u feel like baby is super annoyed? Lol..past few nights I keep getting jabbed whenever I lie on my sides..not the small jab but the huge "stop pressing on me NOW" kind of jab/kick. Makes me wonder if I'm hurting baby..
i always get that esp on left side lolz ...so if i notice princess dun exercise much during day i will do that lolz ...yah think they are hinting ...STOP CRUSHING me lolz

i always get that esp on left side lolz ...so if i notice princess dun exercise much during day i will do that lolz ...yah think they are hinting ...STOP CRUSHING me lolz
Lol..wonder if it hurts them leh.. Cos ideally we are supposed to sleep on our left..but keep getting jabbed and kicked by the little one..I can't even sleep lor

she like to kick during the night around 9-11+pm when I am lying on my back, when I lay on the left side, I don't feel her jabbing me but I do feel a dull pain at certain position...

27 weeks tmr!! I'm feeling all the effects of 3rd tri already.. breathlessness, fatigue, backaches, leg cramps x 1000, wake up with numb hand.. wonder what the next 13 weeks will be like..

Lol..wonder if it hurts them leh.. Cos ideally we are supposed to sleep on our left..but keep getting jabbed and kicked by the little one..I can't even sleep lor
this is what i do since i cant lay down on back cos she is crushing me lolz ..

a) if on left side she kicked/ jabbed then i will turn right side let her adjust her position for a while then turn back to left
b) if A dun work ... i will make myself 90 degree angle using bolster /pillow then she ok
..cos i reckon when i am at 45 degree angle she got restricted space that is why jabbed / kicked lolz

she like to kick during the night around 9-11+pm when I am lying on my back, when I lay on the left side, I don't feel her jabbing me but I do feel a dull pain at certain position...

me too..on and off and certain position i will feel a very mild ache but will go away after a while.

it alway makes me wonder what is baby doing inside when he delivers those powerful thumps to my tummy.

throwing tantrums already? or just happy wt filet o fish meal...heee..

this is what i do since i cant lay down on back cos she is crushing me lolz ..

a) if on left side she kicked/ jabbed then i will turn right side let her adjust her position for a while then turn back to left
b) if A dun work ... i will make myself 90 degree angle using bolster /pillow then she ok
..cos i reckon when i am at 45 degree angle she got restricted space that is why jabbed / kicked lolz
I will try that..hehe. Hope it works..past few nights I've been sleeping on my back..

ya I rotate then go back to the same position.
I notice my tummy in weird shape when I am lying down sometimes, concave inward at the belly button area. super funny.
I manage to video my bb power kick ytd nite

27 weeks tmr!! I'm feeling all the effects of 3rd tri already.. breathlessness, fatigue, backaches, leg cramps x 1000, wake up with numb hand.. wonder what the next 13 weeks will be like..

wah tats fast! i m like 4 weeks behind u...breathlessness for me seems to start during 1st trimester.

I think i've covered most of the important baby stuff already (at least important to me lah. like cute clothes. hahaha)
I'm doing w/o a sterilizer cos i plan to breastfeed and use Spectra M1, which does not have a lot of parts to wash & sterilize also.
So i'll have limited stuff to sterilize anyway, if really need to sterilize then just boil water and do traditional way.

Doing w/o the bottle warmer because everybody said it's useless.

Not getting the hipseat carrier yet till maybe the April Baby fair or something. By then baby 3mths old, then only can wear hipseat carrier.
For now, i'll buy those baby wraps so can use from newborn.

anyway for those mummies who love baby-carrying... how do you guys eat> I was wondering about that the other day.
When u eat, the food never fall on baby meh? Hahahaha

I keep thinking it'll inconvenient if i baby carry for dinners etc cos i can imagine my baby's head got rice and all. Lol

ya I rotate then go back to the same position.
I notice my tummy in weird shape when I am lying down sometimes, concave inward at the belly button area. super funny.
I manage to video my bb power kick ytd nite
haiz ..my princess naughty..whenever i take out hp want to video she wil stop doing it haiz

wah tats fast! i m like 4 weeks behind u...breathlessness for me seems to start during 1st trimester.
for me it started in 2nd trim as bb get bigger ..esp so if i lay on back..she is crushing me !! so become breathless

I am hitting 27 weeks next wk... I do feel breathless if I walk too fast. haha
huh? you got salah bo ... u are behind me by 1 wk right ..i am only 25th week this week... next week 26 niah

anyway for those mummies who love baby-carrying... how do you guys eat> I was wondering about that the other day.

I keep thinking it'll inconvenient if i baby carry for dinners etc cos i can imagine my baby's head got rice and all. Lol
wont fall on baby ...u will become very skillful one lolz

these few days, i feel my tummy skin so so tight!!! like machiam wanna split and burst! so uncomfortable to sit and work... only slouching position will feel better

then you will order easy peasy meals like rice and such...definitely no noodle, no soup no finger licking good meat with bones...hahaha ... use a napkin to shield bb head...

these few days, i feel my tummy skin so so tight!!! like machiam wanna split and burst! so uncomfortable to sit and work... only slouching position will feel better
then you will order easy peasy meals like rice and such...definitely no noodle, no soup no finger licking good meat with bones...hahaha ... use a napkin to shield bb head...

BH izzt ? i notice i get alot of this for this pregnancy ..i tot my uterus or tummy should be season liao wat lolz cos #2 but apparently not ...

hopefully I dun have to buy anymore maternity wear le... current ones should last us for the next three/four months!
i bought just some tops so enuff of buying and the salewoman tot i going to pop soon lolz ...told her no and she ask me twin izzt lolz ..
damn ...i must be damn fat for her to think that way lolz

Wooops i bot the avent warmer yest.

And my princess made a huge ripple yest when I lay down on the sofa talking on the phone!!!!

When I lay on my right before i fell asleep, she seemed to "insist" on being there too, and it felt like she was squeezing herself to get there and it felt so weird!!!

Wooops i bot the avent warmer yest.

And my princess made a huge ripple yest when I lay down on the sofa talking on the phone!!!!

When I lay on my right before i fell asleep, she seemed to "insist" on being there too, and it felt like she was squeezing herself to get there and it felt so weird!!!
your princess like right side and mine like left side lolz ...

I went to the baby today at about 12.00 noon and got out of the fair close to 5.00pm because there was sooooo many things to look at lah! Hahaha so suaku 1st time go baby fair.

I went alone and so glad i brought along a cabin size luggage. Buy everything then dump all my purchases inside and then keep on moving!
I think that's how i managed to tahan for close to 5 hours there!
Saw a lot of people bringing those trolley u bring to market also! Lol
One even brought in an NTUC Trolley lor! The one that have to insert $1.00. Damn champion that one.

804c78a3-c60a-448d-beb1-0f2d400efe18.jpg

I stuffed everything inside luggage and carry the other lighter items by hand with the help of those recyclable bag.

7b8aaa70-81dd-409c-acd4-baa622be8950.jpg

My entire loot for today. Husband was so shocked i managed to bring all these back alone. Haha. Mummy is a shopaholic!
I wanted to buy a bedding set but decided not to be an over-achiever so will wait till Saturday when i go and collect my pre-orders.

Some of the deals that i saw and can remember:
- Mustela Vitamin Barrier Cream (good for diaper rash) - 3 for $28.00. 1 for $10.50. UP: $16.00/pc
- Carters (they are everywhere!) most of the 5 piece sets were going for $15.00 per pack. I bought those loose ones, 3 for $10.00.

- Aden & Anais Swaddles.. The muslin ones 4 for $39.90. The bamboo one 3 for $49.90.
But i must warn 1st that the Aden & Anais swaddles are sold by NotTooBig Booth and the Queue for payment is horrendous! I waited for about 1hr plus. Some people wait for about 2 hours! But good thing is, there's so many stuff to buy from that booth so go and ask hubby to stand in Q 1st while you shop at the booth.

- Pupsik Studio DreamMat Mattress protector sheets 2 for $19.90. So it's buy 1 get 1 free. Good material!

- Spectra M1 going at $229.90. I find it expensive compared to Gracia Shepherd's one so i'll buy online instead.

- Spring Maternity have a lot of those nice bamboo clothes on sale at 30% off so if you're fan, stock up there!

If you guys are doing bottle trade-ins for Medela, please make sure u ask 1st which counter to go to.
Cos saw a few people, queue up already, end up have to queue up at another cashier instead to do bottle trade-in.

AVENT queue was quite long, so ask your hubby stand in line for the cashier counter 1st.

Those interested to buy that 5-in-1 Baby Cot, the booth got a lot of people! So be prepared to wait for someone to attend to you.

Most of the booth, the queue is about 5-10 mins long only which i find reasonable ah. Bring plenty of cash!
It will shorten your waiting time for some booths cos some of their staff will do money collection while you're on the queue.

They also have a central delivery area in case you don't have transportation to bring back the big ticket items.
It's $35 for the 1st 50kg and then $1.00 for subsequent kg.
@deardyan ....omg that alot to cart back for 1 pax ..... u can still manoeuvre in the crowds carrying your loot :)

I was at the fair yesterday too.. the crowd was ok imo.. but i came out empty handed after 3hrs of walking... haha too many things i was like.. BLUR... i saw a lot of stores selling swaddles.. is it a must buy kind of thing? noticed that many mummies are planning to buy spectra m1.. but what is actually the different between m1 and m2.. i only m2 slightly expensive.. and which sterilizer is big and good in your opinon..

i feel very sua ku.. for most of the things i see, i am either clueless about the purpose or what dunno how to choose.. haizz

Spectra got M2 meh? I saw only S1, M1 and 9+

I am also at the fair ytd! went from 11 to around 3+? the long hours was becoz we are debating to get Peg Pergo mini or Aprica Air haha
accomplish what I set out to buy. the 5-in-1 baby cot, Aprica Air stroller, Ergobaby bundle of Joy, babysafe pillow, my mustela scretch mark cream and my much needed nursing bra

Wohoo~ felt like going tomorrow on Sunday to just leisurely walk around.. haha

Wanted to buy the Philip sterilizer bundle but felt the package was not pack ideally, my sis say Philip bundle different items for different roadshow.

Did you get the Air Ria or the Air Ria Luxuna?? We tested both and in the end decided we wanted Luxuna, because of the four wheel drive... Will have to check Taka Baby Fair whether got sale or not.

I thought the sterilizer bundle not as good, cuz this time round they don't have the starter kit, only 1 or 2 bottles, with random stuff like the bathtub etc.... Previously I bought sterilizer + warmer + starter kit for $165...

I just went to see Dr Tham and bb is 760g at exactly 24 weeks! Dr Tham says I was not on his initial screening list, but since at 760g bb is on the higher weight percentile so he's going to put me on the glucose test next visit. :(

Very active and today he finally decided to turn and show his face to us.....

After that went to the hospital tour and at the ward we saw a mummy who just gave birth and was wheeled up from the delivery suite with the bb in the bed next to her... Like so blissful! That'll be us in 3-4 months time!

Not getting the hipseat carrier yet till maybe the April Baby fair or something. By then baby 3mths old, then only can wear hipseat carrier.
For now, i'll buy those baby wraps so can use from newborn.

Yeah... I am getting NB stuff only, things after 3 months, can get at the April fair while on maternity leave.

Re Hipseat carrier, I read that it is not that safe for the kid, as it does not satisfy the TICKS requirements for baby wearing.

http://www.schoolofbabywearing.com/Images/TICKS.pdf

yaya.. i say wrongly.. S1 and M1.. S1 more expensive compare to M1 right.. functionality wise i dunno what is their difference..

Did you get the Air Ria or the Air Ria Luxuna?? We tested both and in the end decided we wanted Luxuna, because of the four wheel drive... Will have to check Taka Baby Fair whether got sale or not.

I am aiming at the luxuna too.. but because of the four wheel drive.. about $150 more than le.. and their only free gift is toy..

I thought the sterilizer bundle not as good, cuz this time round they don't have the starter kit, only 1 or 2 bottles, with random stuff like the bathtub etc.... Previously I bought sterilizer + warmer + starter kit for $165...

I brought Air Ria, I don't think I change to baby facing too often thus we decide the Ria will be enough. :) I took the blue with orange strip and white polka dots hahahahaa

Ya I also think the sterilizer bundle not very satisfying.. haha din buy

I am aiming at the luxuna too.. but because of the four wheel drive.. about $150 more than le.. and their only free gift is toy..
Yeah, tomorrow when I go to the bb fair again, I will check out the Combi Miracle Turn, it also have the four wheel drive but at $400+ only, so need to go and test drive that one too...

Hubby is quite insistent on the Luxuna, but I just want to test the Combi one to make sure we are makin the right decision. :)

Btw, for those who are thinking of getting Carter's items. I saw some Carter bodysuits on sale... it's opposite booth K9/11/13 thereabouts... the Carter bodysuits are going at $16. You may want to take a look first at sizing before placing your order before Black Friday.
Actually those body suits u can get from taobao alot cheaper.

Some sellers stocks are from china too

ya me too... need to find out where i put the stuff... not getting steriliser or milk warmer this round... i think i still have the old milk warmer...its quite useless imho... i think i use hot water to warm up the bm better...

steriliser is useful if you do not have helper at home...wash then put in there and it will automatically stopped!

i find those swaddle very pricey, no doubt i think its very comfortable but i reckon those cloth nappy napkins can also do a good job....kekeke...i'm a budget mum...maybe towards my third trimester, i will go ask around for more infant clothings!

I bought the luvable friends hooded towels for my first born...up to now my 4 yo kiddo still using leh... quite lasting despite daily use...
I only bought 2 swaddle. More for outdoor use

N intend to use the traditional white napkins and those fleece towels for swaddle at home ..

Both my kids didnt swaddle for long.

Thrn that why the elderly says their hands itchy ... lol myth lah i think

Anyone got recommenation for 心理医生for teenager 13 yr old ? My friend looking... her 13 yr old.boy created alot of trouble in school until the school.buay tahan n advise them to bring go see doc

these few days, i feel my tummy skin so so tight!!! like machiam wanna split and burst! so uncomfortable to sit and work... only slouching position will feel ...
i also feel very tight after a heavy meal.so i gotto stand or walk abt slowly.sitting down n slouching just like consolidating all together more xin ku for me.

Anyone got recommenation for 心理医生for teenager 13 yr old ? My friend looking... her 13 yr old.boy created alot of trouble in school until the school.buay tahan n advise them to bring go see doc

Dr Wong Sze Tai
Speciality : Psychiatry
Clinic :Wong Sze Tai Clinic
Location :#03-06, Gleneagles Medical Centre, 6 Napier Road, Singapore 258499
Contact No :6474 3318

He's a pretty well known child psychiatrist.

I just went to see Dr Tham and bb is 760g at exactly 24 weeks! Dr Tham says I was not on his initial screening list, but since at 760g bb is on the higher weight percentile so he's going to put me on the glucose test next visit. :(

After that went to the hospital tour and at the ward we saw a mummy who just gave birth and was wheeled up from the delivery suite with the bb in the bed next to her... Like so blissful! That'll be us in 3-4 months time!

i dunno why everytime i see those video clip of newborn fresh from oven. i will get teary..

awwww... ur bb so cute!!!

that time when i did my FA scan, i saw a NB bb being wheeled to the nursery. the towel looks bigger than the bb. he / she looked so... delicate. *heart melted immediate;y*

Back