(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

i heard if BP too high, when give birth might have complications when not yet wk36 which bb is still not fully formed.

becoz my gynae also concern abt my BP. as my bp is always high when i c him. so i m under asprin since wk 16 onwards til now. to control my BP. so far so gd. another 1mth i can stop as hitting wk36 which means if anytime he find my BP not ok, i can go deliver. no need to wait. need to keep BP normal before wk36

Lol.. My mum ask me dun take leh.. She say try drinking celery plus green apply juice for 2 weeks then see how it goes leh... I measure was about 147... He say bother line high but he worried not good for the bb...

Cos I have history of high blood before... So doc very careful... My previous 2 miscarriage I was tested with high blood... But on and off.. So abit headache...
Christine, I think better take the meds... better be safe than sorry, for water retention did you try sleeping with your legs prop up? It helps quite a bit, I had a little during 2nd trimester and prop legs up to sleep , now much better.
If no appetite still take a few small meals a day even 3-5 bites better than nothing. I take like 3 full meals and 2-3 snacks a days now .... I hope I can lose all the weight after delivery haha.
Does anyone here take baby aspirin? Do you know when to stop? I have been taking it ever since I was pregnant. Doc prescribed to me cause I miscarriage once at 10 weeks before.

Christine, I think better take the meds... better be safe than sorry, for water retention did you try sleeping with your legs prop up? It helps quite a bit, I had a little during 2nd trimester and prop legs up to sleep , now much better.
If no appetite still take a few small meals a day even 3-5 bites better than nothing. I take like 3 full meals and 2-3 snacks a days now .... I hope I can lose all the weight after delivery haha.
Does anyone here take baby aspirin? Do you know when to stop? I have been taking it ever since I was pregnant. Doc prescribed to me cause I miscarriage once at 10 weeks before.
I am taking baby aspirin also. Same situation as you. My gynae told me to take all the way to delivery but think I will confirm again when I see her this Friday.

I am taking baby aspirin also. Same situation as you. My gynae told me to take all the way to delivery but think I will confirm again when I see her this Friday.
I see, my doc says take till 36 weeks, but I am seeing her on 20th again so I will ask her again... if I remember.

High bp they also scare preeclampsia... That's y.. Cuz high bp is most common sign for preE. Den accompany with persistent headache, giddy, vomiting and protein in urine etc...

Plus I thk high bp blood flow to bb also not so good.. That's y I also on aspirin..

High bp they also scare preeclampsia... That's y.. Cuz high bp is most common sign for preE. Den accompany with persistent headache, giddy, vomiting and protein in urine etc...

Plus I thk high bp blood flow to bb also not so good.. That's y I also on aspirin..
pooopi, you on aspirin since start of pregnancy?

which is better for csect, spinal, epidural or GA?? opinions?

Hmm what's spinal? Vaginal delivery is better. Sounds gross but baby should optimally lick your canal as it comes out. There is good bacteria on your canal walls, which can strengthen baby's gut for the first 6 months of life. I read it in a magazine. But of course there r other factors like bfd, not bringing infant into crowded places that play a part too...so personally I would also b open to c-section

Hmm what's spinal? Vaginal delivery is better. Sounds gross but baby should optimally lick your canal as it comes out. There is good bacteria on your canal walls, which can strengthen baby's gut for the first 6 months of life. I read it in a magazine. But of course there r other factors like bfd, not bringing infant into crowded places that play a part too...so personally I would also b open to c-section
Spinal is like a one time injection to the spine.. Epidural is a consistent flow of pain killers to the spine something like that...

Has anyone start discussing on covering of duty while you are on maternal leave? My boss commented I would have to work through my maternity leave and asked me to start bringing back my notebook everyday starting Oct, in case I go into labour early. We are in the public service so we are not covered by employment act.

Has anyone start discussing on covering of duty while you are on maternal leave? My boss commented I would have to work through my maternity leave and asked me to start bringing back my notebook everyday starting Oct, in case I go into labour early. We are in the public service so we are not covered by employment act.
mine already confirm my 2 colleagues cover my duties. n temp gal juz came in last wk to help on other stuffs.
under ML, u shld not b touching ur work. unless is minor minor tings lor. tats wat i feel.
u in public service means wat? not govt sector is it?

We do not practice getting temps to cover ML of employees. If a colleague goes on ML, the covering officer has to take on her portfolio in entirety. That's understood and practiced throughout the organisation.

Layman refer to us as government employees or government sector. But we are defined as Public Service, ie stat board employees. I hope they are joking but for my earlier birth, I worked through my first month of ML. It was only second month that calls stopped. They were the ones who delivered my notebook to hospital and started chasing me for response when I was checking out of hospital. Another colleague from another department was requested to return for a meeting as well. Sian. Maybe I should flush my phone down the drain the moment I notified them I have given birth.

Last edited:
We do not practice getting temps to cover ML of employees. If a colleague goes on ML, the covering officer has to take on her portfolio in entirety. That's understood and practiced throughout the organisation.

Layman refer to us as government employees or government sector. But we are defined as Public Service, ie stat board employees. I hope they are joking but for my earlier birth, I worked through my first month of ML. It was only second month that calls stopped. They were the ones who delivered my notebook to hospital and started chasing me for response when I was checking out of hospital. Another colleague from another department was requested to return for a meeting as well. Sian. Maybe I should flush my phone down the drain the moment I notified them I have given birth.
oic. but as wat u mentioned. u shld have covering officer. so tat person shld fully incharge of ur tings. why still need to bother you?
u dun even have enough time to rest le. still need to get frustrated over work.
mayb is ur jobscope tats y u have laptop to bring hm thus they can expect u to work.
sometimes when we use desktop is gd. cannot bring hm. so no need to tink abt work at hm.....
i understand u. i hope my colleague tat is covering me can handle. if nt guess my hp will b ringing. lol...

Are u kidding about being asked to work through maternity leave? Im working in a stat board too and there is no such thing as working through maternity leave. They should not even disturb you. Public service should set example for private sector to follow. You should report your boss to HR. What nonsense.

Reactions: ete
Are u kidding about being asked to work through maternity leave? Im working in a stat board too and there is no such thing as working through maternity leave. They should not even disturb you. Public service should set example for private sector to follow. You should report your boss to HR. What nonsense.

I was made to work through my first month and so was my colleague and from grapevine other colleagues too. We are the HR and HR is most cruel to its own people

Last edited:
ohh... I have hep B so I was told cannot BF baby till 24 hours after birth. They will immunize her at birth.
Jas1982
For Hep B cases no need to wait till 24 hours later. The injection for bb is immediately after birth. Once done can bf liao.

Hmmm... so there is a diff between spinal injection and epidural? Is it just the dosage that is different or the way and the part that is injected is different as well?

Like you, I will likely work after my 2nd mth maternity leave. I do paper work from home so I got a fellow colleague to cover for 2 mths and will work again 2 mths later

Jas1982
For Hep B cases no need to wait till 24 hours later. The injection for bb is immediately after birth. Once done can bf liao.

Hmmm... so there is a diff between spinal injection and epidural? Is it just the dosage that is different or the way and the part that is injected is different as well?
I was told by gyne need to wait 24 hours... nvm will ask the PD.... I think injection site is the same, just that it is a single dose for spinal vs a consistent flow of pain killers for epi

Meplaa your hubby refer to where for the homework?

i know he refers to few website and books references.. but i dunno in detail.. coz i am not the type super supertisious ppl ah..
but he just enjoys to naming our children names. so normally i let him decide one..
but he still will discuss with me la..

Posting on behalf of Teacher Toblerone,

Post #9294 meplaa,
还是找人来起名。自己算不行的。

Post, #9311 Eleona
网上算名字/笔画,不可信。

Post #9314 faefever
$3000 吓死人, Not all Geomancer can do.Link might be helpful to you:
http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/chinese-character-naming-for-babies.5594/

Post #9301 jas1982
不要瞎猜了!不是闰九月的问题。老师必须慎重地跟你说。
No.1 24/10不能生。
No.2 宝宝要在什么时候出生是天意。
Link might be helpful to you:
http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/outlook-for-year-2014-year-of-horse.29972/#post-6676700

Noted, but my husband prefers to name his own children's name by himself instead of others' advices.

any mummies having cramps more frequently recently?
any remedies... i have short and sudden cramps whenever now ... standing or sitting ...and even lying on my bed,,,

Hey ladies....recently I have started feeling less kicks n more rolls n other movements....I am currently 29 weeks. Is it normal?

Where can I get nice maternity dinner dress? I have several wedding dinner to attend...

Got this gorgeous gown from Etsy at US$50, would recommend the seller. He ships it fast. Going to wear it to a wedding next week. Only regret is I should have measured the length of the gown and stated it in my order - would have saved me the local alteration cost to shorten it! :)

Hi, anyone delivered in TMC before? just a bit confused about the hospital charges. I saw that they have maternity packages on their website. However, when i signed up with them, I was only given the cost breakdown of the different services and rooms. And it adds up to much higher than prices of packages. Do we have to specify that we want the package or it's auto inclusion?

Hi, anyone delivered in TMC before? just a bit confused about the hospital charges. I saw that they have maternity packages on their website. However, when i signed up with them, I was only given the cost breakdown of the different services and rooms. And it adds up to much higher than prices of packages. Do we have to specify that we want the package or it's auto inclusion?
Call the customer service for more accurate quote :)

Hi mummies.. I'm taking the pills for my high blood pressure.. But I'm taking it every 2 days.. Cos I'm feeling super tired and my heartburn is insane...

Anyone have got ways to make the energy level stay or go up in the day? I'm 32 weeks alrdy..

Had been having stomach ache everyday recently.. Had been going toilet very well.. But dunno wat cause the tummy ache.. Doc check say its fine.. But sometimes the pain abit hard to bear..

Today just went out for 2-3hrs only.. And I feel super tired.. Got no choice have to give up shopping half way and go home early.. Anyone has got ways or food tat can keep the tiredness away? I'm not slping well at night too.. Keep waking up.. Either due to full bladder if not due to hubby's loud snoring..

So hard to slp thru the night well... :(

Any pd to recommend at gleneagles?
HI,

dont knw whether my reply is a bit toolate.. haha. just going through past posts and saw your qs. My son's pd is Nancy Tan fr gleneagle. She was assigned to us by my gynae. She is good.. very lively person.

Hi all. I gave birth this morning - 2 months premature. I've been hospital for past 6 days due to high blood and the gynae observed danger signs to the unborn.

Back