(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

When I normal delivery, the nurse never Ask me to wear binder lei. This is for surgical binder. Not for flat tummy one.

I kanna scolding from doctor just now. Baby got minimal movement yesterday and no movement today. Being ask to admit today to give birth. Good luck to me!

Hi Babby...my edd a day b4 urs, 17 nov...also v excited :) my gynaenalso don't check from below, only u/s to check water level, circumference of baby's head and belly. sometimes placenta and blood flow resistance. He say he will check fr below after I experience Braxton Hicks, which I started to this week...tmr I seeing him. Hope baby is heavier tmr

Your gynae is good cause he knows if he check below some women got soft cervix wall thus can induce labour. I knew 1 gynae that will purposely check below once his patient is over 37 weeks cause he want to chop chop complete his cycle delivery certain day of the week. Normally on the day itself he would have 4-5 deliveries.

OTE="Miko Yue, post: 7605824, member: 171730"]I kanna scolding from doctor just now. Baby got minimal movement yesterday and no movement today. Being ask to admit today to give birth. Good luck to me![/QUOTE]
Good luck to u, have a smooth delivery.
Jia you

OTE="Miko Yue, post: 7605824, member: 171730"]I kanna scolding from doctor just now. Baby got minimal movement yesterday and no movement today. Being ask to admit today to give birth. Good luck to me!
Good luck to u, have a smooth delivery.
Jia you[/QUOTE]
Thanks meplaa!

Many thanks to mummies who responded to my post. NUH did get back to me. Thy ask me to go down immediately as my breast were engorged. The lactation consultants are really helpful.

I delivered by emergency C sect too on 3 Nov due to baby going into distress after 22 hrs of induced labour (was only 2cm dilated after 22 hrs). After the op, my Gynae wrapped the abdominal binder ard me. So I thought it was a default process until I saw the above posts. I guess it depends on ur Gynae then. Brought home the binder but not very consistent in using it. I just removed the bandage over my wound last Fri at 10 days postpartum. The pain is not really there alr but my wound is rather bruised becos Gynae said she injected sth, I think the injection is to prevent keloids/scarring cos I'm prone to it. Pain management-wise, it's ok. Just that I hope the bruises go away and the scar will lighten over time soon! Does anyone know how long does the scar take to lighten? Gynae also mentioned not to do the Jamu massage until at least 6 wks, but the massage lady says it can be done after 3 weeks. Anyone has any advice on this? I really wanna do the massage soon to shrink the uterus and push it back up. I'm also not bleeding a lot, in fact not very much at all, so am hoping the massage will clear out the blood!

Ya, hospital have. I just changed the binder.
May I know how long u need to wear the binder?

I wore it for a week only... cos my tummy not very big.. n my pain went away a week later... so i stop after that.... so depends how long u wan to wear and how long ur pain goes off?

My massage lady say 1 month later after c-sect... but then i cant do jamu massage.. only can do full body massage n massage gently on the tummy only... my massage lady say cant massage n bind the tummy due to the surgery.. got to wait for at least 2 to 3 months before we can do tummy binding.
So only can tolerate first.. my bleed stop at 3rd week and my uterus is almost fully contracted to original size.. usuallu 50mm and below... now im 59mm.. so almost there le.. :) cant wait to start exercising after this week ends... it marks the 1 month mark... thank god...

I wore binder for at least a month for my #1 and this time round will do that same too.

Just weighed myself tdy and already back to my pre pregnancy weight liao.

Yet to book any post natal massage. Last time my c sec wound has a small
Incision and bleed after binding too tight, got phobia

My massage lady say 1 month later after c-sect... but then i cant do jamu massage.. only can do full body massage n massage gently on the tummy only... my massage lady say cant massage n bind the tummy due to the surgery.. got to wait for at least 2 to 3 months before we can do tummy binding.
So only can tolerate first.. my bleed stop at 3rd week and my uterus is almost fully contracted to original size.. usuallu 50mm and below... now im 59mm.. so almost there le.. :) cant wait to start exercising after this week ends... it marks the 1 month mark... thank god...
How do u know if the uterus has contracted? Is there a way to tell?

How do u know if the uterus has contracted? Is there a way to tell?
Oh.. mine is my gynae scan me tell me one.... i was being reviewed again 3weeks after surgery.. doc check say... im almost fully recovered le.... plus my bleeding totally stopped..

I wore binder for at least a month for my #1 and this time round will do that same too.

Just weighed myself tdy and already back to my pre pregnancy weight liao.

Yet to book any post natal massage. Last time my c sec wound has a small
Incision and bleed after binding too tight, got phobia

So shiok! i still got 13kg to lose... i only lose 10kg... i gained 23kg in total.. very sad.... :( and nw drop 10kg but stuck alrdy... aiming to lose weight before cny.... need to fit into my previous outfit again!

My Gynae didn't scan when I saw her 10 days post partum to remove the bandage. Did it automatically shrink or did u have to do anything?

Anw how is ur BF? I have very very uneven milk supply. Left side is producing way much lesser than right and baby doesn't wanna latch on the left for long. Anyone else has this problem? When I pump or hand express, also not much from the left side.

My Gynae didn't scan when I saw her 10 days post partum to remove the bandage. Did it automatically shrink or did u have to do anything?

Anw how is ur BF? I have very very uneven milk supply. Left side is producing way much lesser than right and baby doesn't wanna latch on the left for long. Anyone else has this problem? When I pump or hand express, also not much from the left side.

It will shrink itself.. so dont worry!once ur cramp gets lesser n lesser that means the shrinking is almost over...

My bf also lesser on the left side.. but becos i pump put instead of direct latching.. so i got no much problem... my bb gal dun latch well... and plus i need to monitor her drinking dosage.. she has got serious spitting up problem.. and she dunno wat is call full... she will just keep drinking n drinking and puke after tat...

My doc gave me pills to increase my milk production.. and i really did increase 20ml by day 2 after taking the pills.. so nw my supply is finally enough for my gal to ''feel'' full...

I have the same problem too.
Left side produce less than right side.
My bb got jaundice, dun suck well.
I pump out only pathetic colostrum nia.
Still in hospital.. tml discharge..
Dunno how to cope at home.

It will shrink itself.. so dont worry!once ur cramp gets lesser n lesser that means the shrinking is almost over...

My bf also lesser on the left side.. but becos i pump put instead of direct latching.. so i got no much problem... my bb gal dun latch well... and plus i need to monitor her drinking dosage.. she has got serious spitting up problem.. and she dunno wat is call full... she will just keep drinking n drinking and puke after tat...

My doc gave me pills to increase my milk production.. and i really did increase 20ml by day 2 after taking the pills.. so nw my supply is finally enough for my gal to ''feel'' full...
I didn't know there's medication to take to increase production! I'm thinking if worse come to worse left side really can't produce, whether it's possible to exclusively BF with just one side.

Anw, is ur tummy totally flat now? Does the shrinking of uterus mean that tummy will go down? I can't wait for a flat tummy again. I managed to lose abt 6 kg of pregnancy weight. I put on abt 9 kg during pregnancy. However, I still have a slight paunch now and I'm thinking if it will go off? Esp since mine is c sect and I can't start my tummy massage till later.

As for bleeding, it's not even heavy and so far no blood clots coming out. Is this normal for c sect births? I feel like all the dirty blood is still stuck in there....

Medication I m not sure but there's fenugreek which u can find it at GNC.
There is tea to increase BM too, kiddy palace sell it.

I didn't know there's medication to take to increase production! I'm thinking if worse come to worse left side really can't produce, whether it's possible to exclusively BF with just one side.

Anw, is ur tummy totally flat now? Does the shrinking of uterus mean that tummy will go down? I can't wait for a flat tummy again. I managed to lose abt 6 kg of pregnancy weight. I put on abt 9 kg during pregnancy. However, I still have a slight paunch now and I'm thinking if it will go off? Esp since mine is c sect and I can't start my tummy massage till later.

As for bleeding, it's not even heavy and so far no blood clots coming out. Is this normal for c sect births? I feel like all the dirty blood is still stuck in there....

I didnt know there was medi for it too until my gynae say so... i was so happy when he say got medi...

Tummy will go down... my tumy shrink back after 2weeks... but flabby... we can only do tummy wrap after 3months... thats wat my massage lady told me...

I do have blood clot coming out but its like the 1st week thing...c-sect will blood lesser n lesser blood clot.. cos ur gynae will do the clean up before closing the wound.... the only problem we will face is the wound recovering... other than that... doc does it all for us alrdy ....so good that u only gain 9kg..i gain 23kg...which is super upsetting...and i am only half way there only..and my weight stuck.. cant wait for confinement to end n i can start exercising again...

My tummy doesn't seem to have shrunk, which is why I can't wait to do tummy wrap and massage. My massage lady says it can be done after 3 wks and she usually does it at wk 3 for her c sec clients. But to be safe I'll do it at wk 4. Hopefully it will still be effective, cos I heard these kind gotta do asap for it to be effective. I wonder if my tummy will be flat like before .....

I didn't put on much weight cos I had mild GD so Gynae told me to cut down carbo portions and sweet stuff. At wk 39 baby was estimated to be ard 3.1kg, but he was born at 2.8kg.

Ya I agree with Meplaa that Breastfeeding is a challenge. It's physically emotionally and mentally draining! Everytime I wonder if I'm producing enough. Esp since only my right side can really produce.. The amt produced by left side is quite insignificant. I'm still trying to latch (if baby is willing) and pump the left side hoping to bring up production.

I have the same problem like you.
Left side not producing! Sad
But is ur right side producing enough? How many days post-partum are u? I'm 15 days post partum alr so I dunno if it's still possible to increase it? Do u latch or pump ur left side? Does it help? Ur baby also rejects left side?

I m 7D pp tdy. I still latch and pump left side but very sad to see only droplets haiz

Right is pumping only 20ml for now each session. I will try to latch instead of pumping

Baby will latch but for short while only

I m 7D pp tdy. I still latch and pump left side but very sad to see only droplets haiz

Right is pumping only 20ml for now each session. I will try to latch instead of pumping

Baby will latch but for short while only

Dun sad, my left side also produce less than 5 ML, total now can produce 20 ml.
But bb sleep all the while. Today 4d after pop.
Discharge already, now at home.
Hubby take paternity leave this week

Update info for cda account, need a bank book or statement. I delivered my baby c-sect.. so pain, unbearable.. if can, dun go c-sect. Normal delivery.. even with epidural.. Better than c sect

Hmm for me ok leh..

I also csec.. Only first day due to the side effects of the anesthetic I'm drowsy.. 2nd say I'm off the bed Liao.. I feel uncomfortable la not pain, if have also bearable pain only.

And I'm off all pain killers on 3rd day Liao..

If u feel pain, bind ur binder more tight. My Gyane told me the more tight u bind the less pain u will feel. And I always put the maternity pad on top of the wound then bind, my Gyane ask me to do that. I thk it's like putting pressure in the wound, like bleeding also need to apply pressure. Same logic I guess.

And I thk Gyane stitching skill also plays a part ba...

I put binder for about 12 days I took off when I go remove stitch.. Ok leh...

Hi, to all the mummies, have you girls started on your post natal massage? If yes, do you have any contacts to recommend? My massage therapist just told me she is going on a holiday so she won't be able to help me . Thanks!

Hmm for me ok leh..

I also csec.. Only first day due to the side effects of the anesthetic I'm drowsy.. 2nd say I'm off the bed Liao.. I feel uncomfortable la not pain, if have also bearable pain only.

If u feel pain, bind ur binder more tight. My Gyane told me the more tight u bind the less pain u will feel. And I always put the maternity pad on top of the wound then bind, my Gyane ask me to do that. I thk it's like putting pressure in the wound, like bleeding also need to apply pressure. Same logic I guess.

Wah... u good.. i day 2 off bed... its a must... but my whole abdomen n tummy cramp like mad... maybe becos i had uterus inversion.. so abit of swelling and impact on my uterus when doc trying to put it back... thats why my cramp is rather bad...

Im week 4 after delivery.. i still feel cramp on my abdomen... but still ok... im off painkiller only after day 5...

My stitching rather well done leh.i dun see the wound at all.its just a thin line.. of dun see properly wont realised... so im rather pleased with my gynae... but problem is... my massage therapist tell me i cannot bind my tummy after massage leh... my hip feels so big now.. n my tummy although not big but flabby...

I will be week 5 alrdy when i start my massage... anybody know when is the actual period for c sect mummies to do jamu massage plus binding?

Hi, to all the mummies, have you girls started on your post natal massage? If yes, do you have any contacts to recommend? My massage therapist just told me she is going on a holiday so she won't be able to help me . Thanks!
Hi.
I finish my massage le. u may wan to contact Emma @ 91822373..

My tummy doesn't seem to have shrunk, which is why I can't wait to do tummy wrap and massage. My massage lady says it can be done after 3 wks and she usually does it at wk 3 for her c sec clients. But to be safe I'll do it at wk 4. Hopefully it will still be effective, cos I heard these kind gotta do asap for it to be effective. I wonder if my tummy will be flat like before .....

I didn't put on much weight cos I had mild GD so Gynae told me to cut down carbo portions and sweet stuff. At wk 39 baby was estimated to be ard 3.1kg, but he was born at 2.8kg.

Ya I agree with Meplaa that Breastfeeding is a challenge. It's physically emotionally and mentally draining! Everytime I wonder if I'm producing enough. Esp since only my right side can really produce.. The amt produced by left side is quite insignificant. I'm still trying to latch (if baby is willing) and pump the left side hoping to bring up production.

The Is a traditional way to make tummy flat but dunno how true is it.
My colleague relative use coarse salt and fried the salt without oil.
After that put the salt inside a bag ( u can use used pillow case ), rub on your tummy or any part of our body.
It will help to reduce water retention on ur body.
U can try it.

I did buy the coarse salt too, but not yet tried.

Hmm for me ok leh..

I'm the one who really can't tahan pain, that's y I can't bear it.
So far never done any big operation, csect consider a big operations for me.

I do believe gynae play a important part, believe my gynae has done his best on me.
His stitches skill also superb, now I m feeling better.

Back