(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

Faefever, induce pain anot? Urs is natural with epi?

Yah pain lor but must tahan...the nurse insert the pill in the v and broke it inside and push upwards next to cervix. But i think i wasn't relax also so v tense. Later an older nurse asked if it was pain and I said yes...she said if pain then it means her colleague did a good job. Sure enuff dilated 2cm (12.15am) to 10cm (8am) in slightly under 8 hrs. I feel the head pushing down at 7am but nurse say don't push yet cos head haven't descend enuff...midwife was surprised cervix softened faster than expected cos I first time mum. I asked for epi at 4.15am...pain threshold 7/10. at first the nurse like don't believe me when I said pain...she said u sure not 4-5 out of 10...but I firmed. Lucky I insist cos I guess I was quite dilated then

Hi mummies... My bb gal 10days old.. Today just admitted to nicu for monitoring.. I'm so upset to the maximum.. Can't stop crying.. Especially when I see her tiny hand was bandage n needle poking...

She was having fever.. Chiong to the pd's clinic.. Can't find the root of the problem. She look so fine.. And her temperature seems to drop after that.. But was still admitted..

She need to go thru blood test, urine test and stool test.. Make sure she isn't infected with any virus.. I'm dead worried now.. Cos I won't know the report till doc sees it and confirm everything...

Sigh.... My bb gal was having mild jaundice when discharged.. Today check she still has it.. Really dunno how to cure her jaundice.. Cos doc say 1week and her jaundice shld be ok alrdy.. But no.... How.....

Feel for u christin3k...I would be v upset too. But there is no place better than nicu for them to give your girl best treatment...have faith and take care. Hope your girl gets better asap

Attachments

• 1415107024553.jpg
    1415107024553.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 308
Yah pain lor but must tahan...the nurse insert the pill in the v and broke it inside and push upwards next to cervix. But i think i wasn't relax also so v tense. Later an older nurse asked if it was pain and I said yes...she said if pain then it means her colleague did a good job. Sure enuff dilated 2cm (12.15am) to 10cm (8am) in slightly under 8 hrs. I feel the head pushing down at 7am but nurse say don't push yet cos head haven't descend enuff...midwife was surprised cervix softened faster than expected cos I first time mum. I asked for epi at 4.15am...pain threshold 7/10. at first the nurse like don't believe me when I said pain...she said u sure not 4-5 out of 10...but I firmed. Lucky I insist cos I guess I was quite dilated then
Sound scary....now I wonder if I shld induce...some pple say not pain ley..only when contractions kick in.
Btw, how come induce is putting in the pill?? Not on drip meh?

Feel for u christin3k...I would be v upset too. But there is no place better than nicu for them to give your girl best treatment...have faith and take care. Hope your girl gets better asap

Thank u... Ya.. It's better to run all the necessary tests to see why she was down with fever..

Lucky thing was, I'm able to call nicu as and when I feel worried to ask about my gal's well being..

Her fever was gone since she was monitor in nicu... N she is drinking well...

Tears wouldn't stop for the whole day... I won't be able to feel any better until I can carry her home...

Hi mummies... My bb gal 10days old.. Today just admitted to nicu for monitoring.. I'm so upset to the maximum.. Can't stop crying.. Especially when I see her tiny hand was bandage n needle poking...

She was having fever.. Chiong to the pd's clinic.. Can't find the root of the problem. She look so fine.. And her temperature seems to drop after that.. But was still admitted..

She need to go thru blood test, urine test and stool test.. Make sure she isn't infected with any virus.. I'm dead worried now.. Cos I won't know the report till doc sees it and confirm everything...

Sigh.... My bb gal was having mild jaundice when discharged.. Today check she still has it.. Really dunno how to cure her jaundice.. Cos doc say 1week and her jaundice shld be ok alrdy.. But no.... How.....
You admit your gal to KK Hospital?

You admit your gal to KK Hospital?

She was admitted to mount avernia.. Cos her pd is there.. I gave birth at mount avernia.. So my gynae assign a pd to my daughter when she was born.. So now I go back to him for any vaccines or illnesses...

Ystd once seen my daughter the pd ask if I wan to admit my daughter to keep her under monitoring.. He say babies with fever is something they will be concern.. Especially when she show no signs of being sick.. :(

She was admitted to mount avernia.. Cos her pd is there.. I gave birth at mount avernia.. So my gynae assign a pd to my daughter when she was born.. So now I go back to him for any vaccines or illnesses...

Ystd once seen my daughter the pd ask if I wan to admit my daughter to keep her under monitoring.. He say babies with fever is something they will be concern.. Especially when she show no signs of being sick.. :(
Luckily not KK Hospital. I do not have good experience with KK doctors. My gal was being "tortured" by the inexperienced (maybe trainee) doctor.. So upset to find almost 10 needle holes all over her limbs when he was trying to draw blood for test..

Hi all,
I given birth last week to a chubby boy of 3.45kg. lol... was at wk38++..
Induced labour of 32hrs before successfully give birth by natural wif epi and assisted delivery.
Tough but not so tough process.

So ladies. look forward to your EDD... Jia you... :):)
So long process! I was thinking of getting induce to get my baby out too.. Anyway congrats on your newborn. Take care and rest well..

Thanks for your supports..

Yesterday i was too upset just because of C-sect but i still remember what my gyane told me which i agree 100%.

The important of pregnant is to have a safe baby. (because i am too concern about C-sect).

Now, i just pray everyday for my baby is a safe & healthy baby... decided to C-sect on next Saturday..
Think earlier to c-sect is better for me & my baby.. coz i can see him... in my tummy, i only can feel him..

Hi all, I've been a silent reader for this thread.. although my EDD is 05 Dec, I think the likelihood of delivering in Nov is much higher... I'm posting now hoping to get some support from the mummies-to-be here...

I was hospitalized on 14 Oct as I had very high fever of 39.5 and I had vaginal bleeding. I was 32 weeks then... I had preterm contractions and I was on drip to reduce my fever. I'm allergic to panadol and some common fever medicine therefore I could only take antibiotics to bring down the fever. My fever only subsided 3 days later. I couldn't take steroid jab to strengthen my baby's lungs as I was having fever..

Subsequently I was sent home to be on bed rest. I was given medication to stop contractions. A couple of days later I had pinkish discharge and there seems to be not much movement from my baby... I was so stressed and went to the clinic to check.. Luckily nothing serious but my gynae says my cervix is fully effaced but no dilation yet... I was given steroid jab then.

It was fantastic that I managed to get through to 35 weeks last couple of days as gynae says that's the first hurdle... though past the dangerous period, we still want to make sure the baby stays inside me till 37 weeks.. so my bed rest continues...

I'm coming to 36 weeks on Friday but last few days I have some brownish discharge and i'm all stressed up again! I can't sleep as my back hurts and I think I keep having contractions. Actually I always can't tell if I'm having contractions... I can't lie on my side or back.. everywhere just hurts.. It's so terrible.. I feel more comfortable sitting up but hubby keeps telling me to lie down to prevent gravity from pulling the baby down further..

I just need to pull through another week and my baby can come out if he really wants it so badly.

Just visited gynae...baby still comfy inside...n no dilation yet. :(
If nothing happens these few days....Monday will hav a final check and go for induce. If that is not successful...den c-sec liao. :s

By next week will be 40wks le....so worried.

Thanks for your supports..

Yesterday i was too upset just because of C-sect but i still remember what my gyane told me which i agree 100%.

The important of pregnant is to have a safe baby. (because i am too concern about C-sect).

Now, i just pray everyday for my baby is a safe & healthy baby... decided to C-sect on next Saturday..
Think earlier to c-sect is better for me & my baby.. coz i can see him... in my tummy, i only can feel him..
Meplaa...I also very upset abt c-sec....I kept thinking abt it on the way home just now :'(

Last edited:
Sound scary....now I wonder if I shld induce...some pple say not pain ley..only when contractions kick in.
Btw, how come induce is putting in the pill?? Not on drip meh?

Yah pill plus drip. Don't worry the pain, if any, is fast. Last time when I first married I had prob w penetration too cos I tense n scared...probably for normal gals the insertion will be like ant bite. Induce is good experience for me...im happy it the process was fast. My husband also happy n proud of me it was fast...

Yah pill plus drip. Don't worry the pain, if any, is fast. Last time when I first married I had prob w penetration too cos I tense n scared...probably for normal gals the insertion will be like ant bite. Induce is good experience for me...im happy it the process was fast. My husband also happy n proud of me it was fast...
faefever, now so scare...cos nxt wk will be 40wks le....
Me too....penetration is difficult n painful...did u dilate b4 u induce? Gynae like not confident on the dilation if I were to induce. :(

Meplaa...I also very upset abt c-sec....I kept thinking abt it on the way home just now :'(

dun too upset, keep thinking .. as long as baby is safe...
My induce process for 1st pregnancy also very long... Admitted around 11pm., insert the 1st pill - that time no dilation at all..
Stay at hospital for overnight just in case ... end up next morning around 8am.. i still not dilated at all... so instert 2nd pill...
around 9am ... dilated only 2 cm.. at the moment ,,, no contraction at all... just waiting time to pass... soon after 2nd pill.. my water bag burst .. around 9.30am
till 1pm.. dilated only 4cm, Nurse keep asking me to take the epidural... but that time really the pain still bearable...
so i asked the pain killer jab... i sleep from noon till 3pm... not much dilate only 4.5 cm.. then suddenly i felt very pain... flip up the blanket which cover my lower parts... y so much blood ... around 4pm... i gave up and asked the epidural... but the nurse saw me .. very pain, she check again the dilation...
she told me ... no need epidural liao.. coz already dilate 8cm... so they quickly call my gyanae..
Stupid trafic... my gyane stuck on traffic for 2 hours.. end up delivered my gal at 6.03pm...

consider you are very lucky.. my induce process for 1st pregnancy was very long...

dun too upset, keep thinking .. as long as baby is safe...
My induce process for 1st pregnancy also very long... Admitted around 11pm., insert the 1st pill - that time no dilation at all..
Stay at hospital for overnight just in case ... end up next morning around 8am.. i still not dilated at all... so instert 2nd pill...
around 9am ... dilated only 2 cm.. at the moment ,,, no contraction at all... just waiting time to pass... soon after 2nd pill.. my water bag burst .. around 9.30am
till 1pm.. dilated only 4cm, Nurse keep asking me to take the epidural... but that time really the pain still bearable...
so i asked the pain killer jab... i sleep from noon till 3pm... not much dilate only 4.5 cm.. then suddenly i felt very pain... flip up the blanket which cover my lower parts... y so much blood ... around 4pm... i gave up and asked the epidural... but the nurse saw me .. very pain, she check again the dilation...
she told me ... no need epidural liao.. coz already dilate 8cm... so they quickly call my gyanae..
Stupid trafic... my gyane stuck on traffic for 2 hours.. end up delivered my gal at 6.03pm...
Wow...so long...almost 2 days liao. Put on drip also??

Luckily not KK Hospital. I do not have good experience with KK doctors. My gal was being "tortured" by the inexperienced (maybe trainee) doctor.. So upset to find almost 10 needle holes all over her limbs when he was trying to draw blood for test..

Wah... That's very bad.... Lucky mount avernia nurses are experience n kind enough

Faefever, discharge liao? Which hospital u went? Ur first baby? Pple said 1st one very difficult to gib birth.

dun worry too much.. not really.
My colleague sister just delivered on 5 Nov, 1st pregnancy... Sign labour start 8.00am .. admit to hospital 09.00am.. deliver at 13.35pm
Natural delivery without epidural...
so it totally depends on individual..

Hi mummies to be..
I'm from the October group.. Just wanna share my experience to those first time mummies..
It's exciting and normal to be afraid about the labour.. But if any mummies here plan to BF your baby, I would suggest you guys to be mentally and physically prepared for it more! It's gonna be a tough journey but worth it..

I delivered my baby girl 2weeks ago.. Nobody told me how hard BF was.. And what to prepare.. I only know to latch my baby when skin to skin and latch her on as much as possible..
But nobody mention about what might happen when milk start to kick in., or that your nipples will get sore no matter what because it's not used to the sucking yet.. And how painful it will be when it's sore.. Or engorgement when milk is in for the first month waiting to regulate supply..

I was crying in pain for almost a week., and stressed out..
Had to called a LC to home visit to help me.. Had sore nipples, cracked nipples, bleeding nipples.. Block ducts, milk blisters, engorgement.. I thought I would end the BF journey.. But lucky, I persevere! And now I'm happily latching my baby on demand.. No pumping even needed.. And my breast and nipples are well now..

So I just wanted to share.. And ask mummies to prepare before you start. Don't want anyone to go through what I had been through... It was such a painful and helpless process..

faefever, now so scare...cos nxt wk will be 40wks le....
Me too....penetration is difficult n painful...did u dilate b4 u induce? Gynae like not confident on the dilation if I were to induce. :(

Was 2cm when induce...it's ok lah, just tahan, it's all for baby. At least induce give yourself a chance of normal delivery. Hmm wonder how gynae can not confident of dilation when induce...possible for doctor to tell meh...

Faefever, discharge liao? Which hospital u went? Ur first baby? Pple said 1st one very difficult to gib birth.
yah admitted midnight tues discharge thu afternn...my hospital RH n first baby...my pelvis / hips quite big...perhaps easier. I push for 45 min, which is average as according to gynae first pregnancy the pushing part takes 30-40min. Gynae gave me a cut tho after baby head can be seen. His stitches r good...minimal bleeding today n I could squat to wash the wound on Wed.
My mil made me slightly upset when I was prescribed painkiller upon discharge. Once the pharmacist left she kept saying in loud voice not to take the painkiller cos I breastfeeding. I was thinking wth man...u only care for ur granddaughter what if I in pain. Then when I came back so busy forgot to take painkiller. Now for 1 day no painkiller all is good. Guess gynae did a good job w stitches. My mil also win lor :/

Faefever, from you baby wrap know labour at RH. Now RH give the baby wrap free to bring home & 1 cloth. I also will labour on RH next month. can share the service of RH. who is your gynee.

Last edited:
PH_BB,

I haven't delivered yet. Yesterday went check up, everything seem normal. My gynae arrange to induce for me on Tuesday. Today, I am having slight bleeding. Can see some red brown stains on my pad. Just now call NUH delivery hotline. They ask me to monitor 1st as I am not having any contraction yet. The lady say still too early to go hospital.

Faefever, from you baby wrap know labour at RH. Now RH give the baby wrap free to bring home & 1 cloth. I also will labour on RH next month. can share the service of RH. who is your gynee.

Aiyoh don't have free wrap leh...she went home in her own clothes -_-. My gynae Dr Jazlan...he's fantastic, thumbs up. The nursery nurse v encouraging of breastfeeding...will wheel in my girl at night every 3 hrs or earlier if she is hungry. In fact they r so pro-bfing tt when my girl never pee for 11 hrs I had to sign a consent form first allow 1 feed of formula to ensure she get fluid..she peed 9 hrs later. The only complaint I have is the food...i felt it was consistently salty no matter order japanese/western/chinese :(

Btw u can ask for a flask of red date tea...not on the menu but they can bring to u anytime free flow...yummy

Reactions: Xp
Aiyoh don't have free wrap leh...she went home in her own clothes -_-. My gynae Dr Jazlan...he's fantastic, thumbs up. The nursery nurse v encouraging of breastfeeding...will wheel in my girl at night every 3 hrs or earlier if she is hungry. In fact they r so pro-bfing tt when my girl never pee for 11 hrs I had to sign a consent form first allow 1 feed of formula to ensure she get fluid..she peed 9 hrs later. The only complaint I have is the food...i felt it was consistently salty no matter order japanese/western/chinese :(

Btw u can ask for a flask of red date tea...not on the menu but they can bring to u anytime free flow...yummy
Faefever, no free meh? I got attend RH antenatal class. They said just start from this week RH will give free wrap n 1 cloth to bring home. Encourage labour at RH. Haha. I think the nurse forget to pass you. When I attend antenatal class, they said their food no salty n healthy n free flow red date tea. Haha, diff ppl diff taste. They are very encourage bf. At class they repeat repeat ask u bf.

Faefever, no free meh? I got attend RH antenatal class. They said just start from this week RH will give free wrap n 1 cloth to bring home. Encourage labour at RH. Haha. I think the nurse forget to pass you. When I attend antenatal class, they said their food no salty n healthy n free flow red date tea. Haha, diff ppl diff taste. They are very encourage bf. At class they repeat repeat ask u bf.

Oh yah got some cloth thing they put in the discharge bag...but not as nice as the photo one :p u take care...im sure u will enjoy ur experience there

Faefever & mummy_mickey, I hope to induce on Monday. Going bk to gynae for a check on Monday...see what she say...if not Friday liao.

Hi mummies, I am mtb in yr 2015. Can I check if anyone is seeing dr wk tan at tmc? May I know the rates and delivery package?

dun worry too much.. not really.
My colleague sister just delivered on 5 Nov, 1st pregnancy... Sign labour start 8.00am .. admit to hospital 09.00am.. deliver at 13.35pm
Natural delivery without epidural...
so it totally depends on individual..
Wow meplaa, dats fast! How I wish.... :p

Is there anything to subside the swollen? Stop drinking water can help?
I eventually slp with my legs lifted up.. And put my legs in warm water.. The fact the swell won't go off one.. The more u should drink water in the day to flush it out.. At night cut down on the intake. :)

Very stress on my end. I've seeing my dr alternate days for due to poor baby growth, little baby movement and low water level at 58mm. he might induce me if necessary soon too. hw he keep saying he prefer not to induce as induce high chance of c-sect.
i'm just basically waiting everyday...

Was 2cm when induce...it's ok lah, just tahan, it's all for baby. At least induce give yourself a chance of normal delivery. Hmm wonder how gynae can not confident of dilation when induce...possible for doctor to tell meh...

hi faefever, u know what are the types of medication they use during induction?
i'm big size, so i'm thinking normal dose of medicine might not speed my dilation. :p

Back