(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

Thank u... Ya.. It's better to run all the necessary tests to see why she was down with fever..

Lucky thing was, I'm able to call nicu as and when I feel worried to ask about my gal's well being..

Her fever was gone since she was monitor in nicu... N she is drinking well...

Tears wouldn't stop for the whole day... I won't be able to feel any better until I can carry her home...

Hi Christin3k, everything all right on yr end?
has yr baby girl discharged?

Hi Christin3k, everything all right on yr end?
has yr baby girl discharged?
Hi babby, my bb gal was discharged the next day.. But my doc found out that she has some germs in the urine test... She might have uti..

so ran thru another test on Thursday.. Have yet to know the results.. The normal urine test turn out ok.. It's the culture test need to be verified..

My pd currently on holiday... Only can call the clinic to ask about the result on Monday.. If it's true that she got uti.. She needs to be admitted again for iv antibiotic.. So praying hard the report all very good.. Nth bad comes.... Very worried ...

Last edited:
Wow meplaa, dats fast! How I wish.... :p

That is not Superb... do you know somebody doesn't have any pain when labour ...
I knew 2 liao... one of them is my best friend, she doesn;t have any pain when delivery.. just water bag burst and blood show.. then delivery baby so smooth..

Hi babby, my bb gal was discharged the next day.. But my doc found out that she has some germs in the urine test... She might have uti..

so ran thru another test on Thursday.. Have yet to know the results.. The normal urine test turn out ok.. It's the culture test need to be verified..

My pd currently on holiday... Only can call the clinic to ask about the result on Monday.. If it's true that she got uti.. She needs to be admitted again for iv antibiotic.. So praying hard the report all very good.. Nth bad comes.... Very worried ...

Pray for your baby... take care

hi faefever, u know what are the types of medication they use during induction?
i'm big size, so i'm thinking normal dose of medicine might not speed my dilation. :p
Hi Babby...not sure..the one I had insert up the v, next to the cervix. Then they put me on drip at the same time...so sorry can't be of much help. Take care

That is not Superb... do you know somebody doesn't have any pain when labour ...
I knew 2 liao... one of them is my best friend, she doesn;t have any pain when delivery.. just water bag burst and blood show.. then delivery baby so smooth..
Envy your bf.. I also want that to happen to me..

Hi meplaa, maybe you try not to drink so much water before going to sleep..

now coughing quite bad.. so need to drink much much water..
Arrgh tonight going to see GP before C-sect liao.. if no, after c-sect might affect the wound..
so worry... after C-sect, dunno whether i can cope or not... coz i still have one toddler at home...

now coughing quite bad.. so need to drink much much water..
Arrgh tonight going to see GP before C-sect liao.. if no, after c-sect might affect the wound..
so worry... after C-sect, dunno whether i can cope or not... coz i still have one toddler at home...
Ya.. Cough have no choice but to drink more water... How old is your daughter at home?

Hey ladies, my wife complaining stomach ache (but not the shitty type). She is at week 37+3.. Any of you have the same issue?

Could it be contraction SL85?

BTW , for you mummies who have given birth, is the float good for postpartum? Does it really hurt so much that we'll need to sit on a float?

BTW , for you mummies who have given birth, is the float good for postpartum? Does it really hurt so much that we'll need to sit on a float?
Hi MistyCloud, you can seat using the back of your buttocks.. After giving birth, you can sit on a pail of warm water that mix with salt. It's not painful and honestly it's very comfortable.. Helps to heal the wound.

It painful when I sit also. That area is swollen...:'( sitting on sofa is worst! SL85, maybe mild contractions...just monitor

It painful when I sit also. That area is swollen...:'( sitting on sofa is worst! SL85, maybe mild contractions...just monitor
Hi PH_BB.. mayb u can try sitting on hard surface... example like dining chair..softer material like sitting on sofa not so gd for our wound..

I feel more "secure" sitting on hard surface..coz my hse sofa used v long le.. so tend to "sink in" when seated..so not so good...

Actually not tat pain til need to sit on float. most impt, the pad u wear muz have abit of padding. n do stock up on pads. I change quite often during the first 2 wks.

gynae will give u painkiller to take. so depends whether u wan to take or nt. first few days try to lie down more. if u feel pain...

Mummies,
need ur help, any recommendations for lactation? My breast swollen very badly. Now feel hard like a stone. Is very painful now. Call NUH bf hotline but nobody puck up the call. :(

Cold Cabbage can hep with reduction of swelling I think but it will also reduce milk production. So put for awhile and try?

Last edited:
Mummies,
need ur help, any recommendations for lactation? My breast swollen very badly. Now feel hard like a stone. Is very painful now. Call NUH bf hotline but nobody puck up the call. :(

Can check Oct forum...there is an LC called Betty and she is apparently v good. The contact is there...

Hi Mummies & Daddies...
I just signed up at the Parenthood Fair for a free digital edition of the Motherhood magazine. Its filled with lots of interesting articles as well as brochures of the upcoming Parenthood fair for the various contests.
Just sign up at http://gift.motherhoodexhibition.sg/ with the Promo Code PHF3 for the free digital magazine now!
Parenthood Fair from 21-23 Nov 2014 11am to 9pm.

Yoz Mummies, just to share my story of my delivery on 1st Nov (which is also my EDD)...

My gynae suggested that I admit into TMC on 1st nov to induce. I checked in at 1.30am which was a saturday morning. I was sent to the delivery suite and was induced at 3am. Waited and went to a resting ward at 5am which i actually took a short nap before being waken up for my breakfast at 7am. After my breakfast, i was again sent to the delivery room to wait for the inducing pill to take effect. At about 10am, my gynae came and checked on my cervix. Was told that my cervix did not open at all! My gynae inserted the 2nd induce pill at about 11am and was instructed to wait again....

During the waiting time, i was given enema to clean out my bowels which made me go to loo for about 3 times. And at that time, i could hear other mommies moaning or shouting in pain... Of cos afterwhich the sound of baby cries followed on.... (Tho' the screams made me alittle anxious but I started to envy the mommies when i heard their babies' cries, i was thinking why am i taking so long). Waited till 4.30pm, my gynae checked on me and darn, i was told my cervix did not open at all, not even 1cm! (I actually knew it, cos i did not feel any contractions although the computer graph showed that i did have some contractions) My gynae suggested that i have to go C-sect cos he mentioned that my bb's heartbeats were weaker after inserting all the medication... The next minute, i broke down cos i din expect i will go for C-sect, i was all ready to go through labour pains but was not given a chance... But after some TLC from my hubby, i just accepted the fact and agreed to c-sect.

I went for C-sect almost immediately at 5.30pm and I chose to have half anesthesia (which is epidural) so my hubby could accompany me thru the op (he would be able to hear baby's 1st cry too). The epidural injection was not even painful but the power of the numbness was a whole new experience for me! The operation just took 30mins and out came my baby gal! In my mind, i was thinking, "OMG, C-SECT is so easyyyyy..."

Stayed in TMC for 4 nights instead of 3 night. My gynae suggested me to stayed another night so i could rest more (my C-sect op. was held alittle late on saturday)... We requested for 4 bedded but was upgraded to 2 bedded. But due to emergency C-sect and 4 nights of stay, my hosp bill was about $9500 before any deduction....

Hi eleona, my baby boy was also born on 1st Nov... after a failed case of induce...and need to go through c-sec. :) I was induced for 24 hours before going for the op.

Hi, I have a newly prepared batch of red rice wine if anyone is keen to have this for preparing your confinement food.
Approx 300ml in a jar (I purchase clean glass jars), each jar of red rice wine is $12 each. This contains both the red rice wine & the lees.
Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks.

hi, hoping to help a mom here in need of stretch mark cream. I have mustela brand - bought too many. wlling to let go at $50. UP 75. thanks. admin pls delete if I should not post here.

Sigh. My wife is experiencing severe body rash... Think rice wine help to reduce itch.
Any mommy got same issue?

Update info for cda account, need a bank book or statement. I delivered my baby c-sect.. so pain, unbearable.. if can, dun go c-sect. Normal delivery.. even with epidural.. Better than c sect

I delivered via c sect also ... my wound so far is ok not painful. If yours continue to be painful get it checked by gynae to rule out infection

Thanks for your reply divineparadise, how many days for ur recovery period?
I just c sect yesterday morning. Thinking need at least one week time to adjust myself.
Congratulations to u !

I also deliver via c-sect.... this 2 to 3days is the painful part...but after that things will get better.. try wearing a binder... so that when u walk it wont be that painful... after 1st week.. the pain goes off alot...

I can laugh out loud after 1 week of c-sect... but have to keep the wound dry...

Back