(2014/08) August 2014

Thanks acang!hope the results come back good. At the detailed scanning with prof anandakumar, nt was 2.3. But nasal bone was short for 14weeks.oscar really make us worry for nothing sometimes.i think I aged 10 yrs after hearing my oscar results!
Me too. The stupid Oscar made me cry over the Cny period.. damn...

Mommies... What stretch mark cream are you all using? I bought the Palmer cocoa butter but I hate the smell and grease... Looking for alternatives now

Later they challenge you say you pregnant meh. I kena once from an aunty requesting me to give up my seat to her...

@leanne
You are not alone... even though my tummy is not that obvious (people may just think that I am fat), I once give up my seat to a bigger belly pregnant woman in the train.

Last edited:
@leanne heard that bio-oil is good, maybe you can try it. I've bought a bottle, but haven't open it yet as still using some body oil which I had bought previously.

can the administrator assist to add me to the fb group?
[email protected]

EDD is 10 Aug.

thanks in advance! :)

Mommies... What stretch mark cream are you all using? I bought the Palmer cocoa butter but I hate the smell and grease... Looking for alternatives now

@leanne
I am using Clarins huile "tonic" but I do find it abit oily too.
Therefore after I rub my tummy, I will rub the remaining oil onto my thighs.

@leanne heard that bio-oil is good, maybe you can try it. I've bought a bottle, but haven't open it yet as still using some body oil which I had bought previously.

can the administrator assist to add me to the fb group?
[email protected]

EDD is 10 Aug.

thanks in advance! :)
I am using bio oil.. so far so good.. have to start applying liao if u haven't. Should start from week 13 onwards de... have fun rubbing. . Hehehehe..

I do agree... this is a VERY active forum. Just a few days I didn't come in, there are already 3 new pages for me to read! *phew*

Hope all mummies are well.
Want to check if mummies have thalassemia? During my last gynae visit, he drew a tube of blood from me to check for other test like HIV, diabetic and etc.
As both my sis and my mum have thalassemia, I told my gynae about that too.
That was 2 weeks ago.

Then last night, my gynae assistant called to inform that I also have thalassemia and request for my husband blood to test.
If my husband also have thalassemia, anyone what will happen to the baby?
I am abit clueless on this...

I am using bio oil.. so far so good.. have to start applying liao if u haven't. Should start from week 13 onwards de... have fun rubbing. . Hehehehe..

Ever since I started rubbing my tummy with the cream every night since Monday, I will feel abit of discomfort on the left.
The discomfort is like cramp type of feeling.

Wonder if I am rubbing too hard and baby not happy.

Hi all, just did my amnio. They did another measurement scan and said baby is growing normally and well. All measurements within range. I pray that all is well :) as for the amnio procedure. Not very pleasant though and kinda painful. But the nurses were very kind and helpful

I just did mine. I did not chose the express as they mention even I clear the 1st 3. There is still 42 results to wait . So 2 weeks waiting from now.

Same as u measurement scan also ok. Let pray our result turn out fine.

My tears just can't stop flowing ... when I did the test.

Ever since I started rubbing my tummy with the cream every night since Monday, I will feel abit of discomfort on the left.
The discomfort is like cramp type of feeling.

Wonder if I am rubbing too hard and baby not happy.

Just gently apply can liao.. the cream shouldn't irritates the skin.. otherwise you may wanna change cos it may not be suitable for ur skin then.

The cramping may be due to constant lying on ur left side? Usually I felt crampy when its the day I hit my full week. This Friday is my 18 week so usually from Thursday on, I can feel slight cramps and i know is becos my uterus is expanding.

So nothing to worry ya. As long as no "RED". Should be fine de.. of cos not extreme cramps as well.

Just gently apply can liao.. the cream shouldn't irritates the skin.. otherwise you may wanna change cos it may not be suitable for ur skin then.

The cramping may be due to constant lying on ur left side? Usually I felt crampy when its the day I hit my full week. This Friday is my 18 week so usually from Thursday on, I can feel slight cramps and i know is becos my uterus is expanding.

So nothing to worry ya. As long as no "RED". Should be fine de.. of cos not extreme cramps as well.

@shirleytan

but the crampy feeling only when I apply the cream before I sleep leh... so in a way I haven't actually lie down for like more than 12 hours since I am wake?
And I wouldn't say I rub very hard... so not sure why.

Ya... the only advise my fren gave me was 'As long as there are no red discharge, whatever discomfort you feel is normal'.

JTS: When I attended the prenatal class conducted by Wong Boi Boi for my #1, she said we should not rub out tummy in circular motions as this will create a whirpool inside and affect baby. We should apply cream with upward motion (i.e from below belly button upwards towards our chest).

J.Lau - I also hv cramps and aches sometimes. Wonder wats happening?? As long as no see color, I am relieve.

Yeap! We r all anti "RED"! Lol

I always takes cramps as expansion of my uterus cos bb need more room to grow grow grow...

My colleague just passed me some bio oil to try it out .. see how it goes.. I tried coco butter for about 2 weeks in my first trim and got so irritated by the smell and stopped till now haha. Gotta start applying again.. hope bio oil suits me

Hi... ive posted some time ago abt choosing a baby cot or other alternatives but can't find the post to refer... n I know someone replied... anyways ive decided to buy a small cot as space is a constraint n it looks like it will be a need... dun want to be bending down to tend to the baby after delivery... n I think a cot is more stable than a playpen.. saw a small one at kk mothercare for 200+.. Hopefully baby fairs will have more choices!

I just did mine. I did not chose the express as they mention even I clear the 1st 3. There is still 42 results to wait . So 2 weeks waiting from now.

Pain hor. Anyway I still did the express test so result shld be out tomorrow. Aredi waited so long between the oscar and the amnio. Hate the wait

haha Im due in june but my thread is dead so I am crashing here....

Unfortunately I dont have FB. I am from the mountains...If anyone keen to join a whatsapp group, PM me. Especially keen to start one on mummies having #2. I think there are many and different challenges ahead....*Stress* haha

Same here, my #2 edd is early Aug and my #1 is only 13mths + now, where hes still clingy and wana me to carry most of the time. Its getting a toll on me with my growing tummy too. How old is ur #1 ?
Anyways, my no. is 90660284 .if anyone wana start a whatsapp chat. =)

I do agree... this is a VERY active forum. Just a few days I didn't come in, there are already 3 new pages for me to read! *phew*

Want to check if mummies have thalassemia? During my last gynae visit, he drew a tube of blood from me to check for other test like HIV, diabetic and etc.
That was 2 weeks ago.

Then last night, my gynae assistant called to inform that I also have thalassemia and request for my husband blood to test.

Hi dear, did ur gynae mentioned if you are a thalassemia minor or major? If ur husband also hv the same prob, i thk the baby blood will be RH+ or something... to be sure, double check with gynae asap. Hope all will be fine for ya n baby!

Leanne, clarins tonic is fantastic, it smells good too. Try it! Apply it upwards n not in circular motion coz baby don't like it.

Ah.... that explain why I have slight cramps when I apply!
Will try the upward motion tonight and see!

Hi dear, did ur gynae mentioned if you are a thalassemia minor or major? If ur husband also hv the same prob, i thk the baby blood will be RH+ or something... to be sure, double check with gynae asap. Hope all will be fine for ya n baby!

The assistant never say whether am I a minor or major. She just told me the passing mark is 87 and I am 85.3.
She only called to inform me to prepare my husband blood report and once I have it, just bring it down for her to see.

Are you feeling better now?
It's kind of painful, that day I saw mommies before me came out with sore eyes too ...
For me I can't get the express result cause gynae didn't manage to extract enough placenta tissue for the second tube ...
Are you all with KKH? If yes, do follow up with them once the result is supposed to be out cause they will not call to inform the good news.

Hi mummies,like to check how much newborn diapers do we need to stock up? Is it better to get from baby fairs?

i would advise not to stock up too many nb diapers bcos baby grow very fast, you may end up with size s very soon..

@angelmh

Mine is only 1.5years apart! I'm also kind of stress thinking about it. My older one is a boy too. Expecting a girl now. How about you?

wow.. but good too! cos shiong 1 time, after tat both kids grow up together, it will be fun! hhaha.. i don't know the gender yet, mayb this coming appt 22 march i will get to know.. *crossing finger* my elder one is a boy too..

JTS: When I attended the prenatal class conducted by Wong Boi Boi for my #1, she said we should not rub out tummy in circular motions as this will create a whirpool inside and affect baby. We should apply cream with upward motion (i.e from below belly button upwards towards our chest).

J.Lau - I also hv cramps and aches sometimes. Wonder wats happening?? As long as no see color, I am relieve.

me having cramps too! but the gynae told me is bcos i'm more sensitive towards the movement and growing.. as long as no spotting i'm ok.. i experience this b4 when i was having my first pregnancy. but my first pregnancy i experience spotting and was given bed rest...

Pain hor. Anyway I still did the express test so result shld be out tomorrow. Aredi waited so long between the oscar and the amnio. Hate the wait

I see. Ya a bit but like needle poking. I dare not open my eyes because I already tears flow. If I see ...I think I can cry even worst. Lol

We chose not to because we Don wan later worry abt the rest of report. Hope 2 weeks later we can hear good results .

Im using mustela.. nice smell.. dunno if it really works tho. Got the smaller bottle at $39 at Expo sale.. dunno if that's cheap or not

Hi
Can I ask how often does your Gynae schedule your scans during the 2nd trimester?

I also did the Materniti21 test (similar to Harmony) as suggested by my Gynae after the Oscar test results. The 14 day wait was looong. But it is good as the test is non invasive and 99% accurate.

Rest well mummies!

Shirleytan can you add me to the Facebook group? I will PM you my email.

Has anyone researched on Jammu wraps? Is it better to hire one from a company or find a free lancer? Any good recommendation?

Hi everyone, I'm 17 weeks today.. My #1 Due mid August. Finally feel human enough to look at my iPad screen without feeling nauseous or dizzy.

Hope everyone have a smooth pregnancy!!

Can add me to the Facebook gp? [email protected]. Thanks!

Thanks kook beanie! Initially I was still thinking buy a few packs and store. Upon hearing your advise, I just buy 2 packs and standby first nearer to delivery. Read up that Merries and Goon is good... Have you tried?

I tried a trial pc for merries & goon. merries feels soft & comfy, very luxurious like that, but sadly doesn't contain my boy's poo well, also abit ex. goon is ok, slim cut & absorbent too, but only available at baby fairs & online, inconvenient to buy.

Hi
Can I ask how often does your Gynae schedule your scans during the 2nd trimester?

I also did the Materniti21 test (similar to Harmony) as suggested by my Gynae after the Oscar test results. The 14 day wait was looong. But it is good as the test is non invasive and 99% accurate.

Rest well mummies!

Shirleytan can you add me to the Facebook group? I will PM you my email.

Hi Joie, I can't add as adding requires to be done through computer or any other than phone which I have none. Probably u wanna put ur email here so anyone here can add u.;)

I'm having cough and runny nose since Sunday.. Seen doctor on Saturday midnight, already finished the course of medication but I'm still coughing..

In dilemma, whether to see another doctor.. Taking those medication, also make me feel bad. The poor baby inside me, is bouncing in waterbag whether I cough..

I'm having cough and runny nose since Sunday.. Seen doctor on Saturday midnight, already finished the course of medication but I'm still coughing..

In dilemma, whether to see another doctor.. Taking those medication, also make me feel bad. The poor baby inside me, is bouncing in waterbag whether I cough..

Me too.. Finished my cycle of antibiotics and went to see GP again, given another cycle of antibiotics.. But am refusing to take it... hope the cough gets better.. Trying all sorts of natural remedies now like honey lemon, manuka honey and even steam orange..

@Jen Ng I wasn't given antibiotics.. The GP still said after two or three days, I would be fine.. I'm getting worst instead.. *rolled eyes* I'm still deciding whether to see another GP.. Or wait for the cough and runny nose to stop by itself..

I took amoxicillin. And the regular cough mixture, but didn't helped at all. Get well soon. I'm recovering but coughing on n off with itchy throat. I'm more worried that my little darling get overdose with medications. Better go see ur GP, if unsure abt the med, email ur gynae or call him/her up for the peace of mind.

Thanks Jen Ng. I will usually google on the medication before consume and told the GP upfront that I'm pregnant.

Ya, will see a GP later.. :) hope the coughing leave us alone and get well soon!

That was 2 weeks ago.

Hi J. Lau,
FYI, if both husband and wife have the same type of thalassemia (alpha or beta), there is a chance that the baby might be a major thalassemia which can be determined via invasive test such as CVS/Amnio.
There are complications if the baby is a major and some decisions would need to be made.
However, the chances of both husband and wife to have the same type of thalassemia is rather slim in Singapore (except my husband and I).

Back