(2014/08) August 2014

@morningstarz - thanks!! will check it out
@shirleyten - I see... amazing how you can manage your appetite!! I wished I could do that too..
@kopibeanie - Same here.. I don't like whatever you don't like. Haha. OK. Means it's normal right!! We saw something sticking out during my scan close to 13 weeks. It was quite obvious, but gynae said to confirm only during my next appointment. Wouldn't putting on too much weight be bad for your legs? I had leg injuries on both feet (torn ligament, fracture) and I am feeling the weight gain already. Also, my newly bought maternity pants.. the thighs part feel tight already!! They were loose when I bought them last month!!

Queeensg, I am considered plus size which is why I am watching. I am very very very scare with thew weight gain.. gestational diabetes will come knocking. . Thats why I have to control hard.. as much as I wanted to let go.. the needles kind of kick me back. Lolz

I envy u girls able to eat. I still can't really manage any food. In fact I think I lost ard 2-3kg. Very worried... :(

How many weeks are u at? It's normal if u lose wt during 1st trimester. I lost ard 3-4kg during 1st trimester & gynae said it's ok.. will slowly gain back once u are in 2nd trimester and appetite comes back. Bb weigh v lil now anyway so ur wt have not much impact on how well bb is growing.. most imptly u are taking in sufficient nutrients for bb healthy growth.

I envy u girls able to eat. I still can't really manage any food. In fact I think I lost ard 2-3kg. Very worried... :(
me too. still not much appetite and lost 2~3kg also! I'm already 15weeks. during my first pregnancy my appetite was back at week 13. don't know y this time until now the appetite haven't back. :( sianz

@xuefen every pregnancy is different...dont worry too much...I ate a lot with #1 but had horrible ms. Now with #2, she is a v fussy eater..no cravings but I will be hungry. On fact often feel hungry but no appetite. ..my #1 was big even when in tummy..#2 is in average range :)

I'm 14wks plus. Yah.. hopefully appetite comes back quick. Worried baby not getting enuff nutrients cos of me... sianz

Luvyz, have your gynea given you the prenatal vits and fish oil? If yes, taking these gives baby nutrients too. Try to eat when you can.

Wow, thread is going too fast! Can't follow. Haahaa...

Welcome those who just join.

Great to hear se gd news from some of the worried mummies here. Continue to rest well.

I am visiting my Gynae on 10mar again. Will be 18wks by then. Last visit, Gynae mentioned bb shld be a girl. Will see if is still a girl next visit! As my #01 is a boy.

For first time mummies here, just a cent. If u don't have anyone to help u with ur confinement. I think is very necessary to get a CL to help. If not it will be very stressful. ESP first time, lifestyle change, engorgement problem, breast feeding problem, hormone problem, restless problem, etc..so Is gd to get one.

I didn't use cloth diapers for my #01. lazy. So I plan to stock up diapers during the coming baby fair. Likely will use pampers, mamy poko depends on the promo. Will try petpet for day use since some mummies recommend.
I personally try a few brands...
GOON is gd, but a bit ex
Dryers soso, for day use ok. I don't really like cause is abit hard. I think my boy don't like also
MamyPoko, will buy if I see there is sale like $20 for a jumbo pack from wastons.
Huggies, size is quite small. The pants are still ok
Pampers, using now. And will continue to use.

I think I am those abit kaisu type. I will stock up when there is fair/promo.
For my #01, I stocked up for like 1yr supply till L size during the fair before he is born. Haha..

For new mummies, for the first month. Baby shit alot. You need about 5-6pieces a day.. So that will be like almost 150pcs of newborn size. Then next will be S.

Hope my sharing can benefit some.

I was wondering if I shld start stocking up on diapers but scare I too kiasu! Lol.. will be using cloth diapers cuz im still stayin w mum n they hv helper at home means I dun hv to do the washing. Hahha.. but nevertheless I wanna get some diapers for gg out use.. wld getting 50pcs newborn ones be enuff? Im thinking of getting merries cuz i trust japanese more.. any reviews on merries?

Hi all, just did my amnio. They did another measurement scan and said baby is growing normally and well. All measurements within range. I pray that all is well :) as for the amnio procedure. Not very pleasant though and kinda painful. But the nurses were very kind and helpful

Thanks Prisann, very useful info for new MTB. I'm totally confused n lost if what should I start buying now or what are needed. Dun even know what type of milk bottles to get and how many..etc.. How I wish there is a shopping list for new born.

I was wondering if I shld start stocking up on diapers but scare I too kiasu! Lol.. will be using cloth diapers cuz im still stayin w mum n they hv helper at home means I dun hv to do the washing. Hahha.. but nevertheless I wanna get some diapers for gg out use.. wld getting 50pcs newborn ones be enuff? Im thinking of getting merries cuz i trust japanese more.. any reviews on merries?

Jess, I think merries is gd, but expensive to me. heehee. GOON is also from Japan, very soft and prevent for rash is gd. Is cheaper during the fair. Their stock for smaller size always sold out fast during fair..ppl buy by cartons. If wanna try GOON, have to go early to buy. Very popular.

Thanks Prisann, very useful info for new MTB. I'm totally confused n lost if what should I start buying now or what are needed. Dun even know what type of milk bottles to get and how many..etc.. How I wish there is a shopping list for new born.

I think bottles depends on ur liking.. And also depends on the breastpump you use. If you using Aventpump, then use Avent bottles best.
I use Medela. So I use Medela, NUK, Playtex bottles. And use medela, playtex and pigeons teats.. haha.. Lucky my boy not fussy. Cos NUK,pigeon and Playtex can fit Medela pump.. So lazy mummy like me, is more convenient. Dont need to transfer so many bottles..

Yups. I'm taking my multi vits daily. Fish oil not prescribed yet. Perhaps after my check up this fri my gynae might give. Haha.
Have a great day all mummies!

Hi all, just did my amnio. They did another measurement scan and said baby is growing normally and well. All measurements within range. I pray that all is well :) as for the amnio procedure. Not very pleasant though and kinda painful. But the nurses were very kind and helpful
Hope you don't have the bad cramps like I do... But if u could reply after the procedure I guess u r doing well (as that time for me I couldn't think of anything except to sit very still to prevent the cramps ).. have a good rest and avoid too much movement or heavy things ...

To those who looking for a guide , this is what I have from my HK friend.. sorry only have the list in Chinese ... If any one has a English list please share with me :D:D:D

Attachments

• 1393912198033.jpg
    1393912198033.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 144
Hope you don't have the bad cramps like I do... But if u could reply after the procedure I guess u r doing well (as that time for me I couldn't think of anything except to sit very still to prevent the cramps ).. have a good rest and avoid too much movement or heavy things ...
My tummy does feel achy. More tight than crampy. Sitting in bed doing my work ahaahah

Wow thread is really moving fast! I will reach week 17 tmr and I think I can safely say ms is gone and appetite is returning. I agree with one of the mummy here that having help in the first month is very imp. Get a CL if possible. I regret not getting for my #1 in the end I didn't get good rest, was stressed most of the time etc. Most of us would ask mum or mil to help in first month instead of CL. To warn it is actually very tiring for them. So much that my mil actually got depressed and sprained her wrist from carrying baby too much. So this time definitely a CL for me

@luvyz

14weeks plus is ok. I lost weight in tri 1 cos throwing up too much and had severe heartburn so cant really eat. Eat what you can when you can and take a good prenatal multi vit.

Dont worry too much. Worry and stress is not good for baby.

hi all, am expecting my #2 my EDD is 4 sep but i can't find any sep mummies yet so decide to join the august mummies!

there's a fb page? can i join too? [email protected]

many thanks in advance!

for those who did their detailed scan already, can i know how much are the charges now? lost touch for too long already.. i am with dr benjamin tham in tmc =)

I read that exercise can help to lessen the swelling. Other than inspiremum which is too far for me, anyone has other recommendation.. say near amk, yishun or woodland???

hi all, am expecting my #2 my EDD is 4 sep but i can't find any sep mummies yet so decide to join the august mummies!

haha Im due in june but my thread is dead so I am crashing here....

Unfortunately I dont have FB. I am from the mountains...If anyone keen to join a whatsapp group, PM me. Especially keen to start one on mummies having #2. I think there are many and different challenges ahead....*Stress* haha

I read that exercise can help to lessen the swelling. Other than inspiremum which is too far for me, anyone has other recommendation.. say near amk, yishun or woodland???

I am doing pre-natal pilates in Forum. But it is a bit far so I may switch when I finish.

Mommies, any one of you have problem with swollen leg? At times my leg seem swollen :(

I had very bad swollen leg with #1, just very bad water retention. I think I walked too much and my baby was big. It took 1-2 months after delivery for the swelling to go down.

haha Im due in june but my thread is dead so I am crashing here....

Unfortunately I dont have FB. I am from the mountains...If anyone keen to join a whatsapp group, PM me. Especially keen to start one on mummies having #2. I think there are many and different challenges ahead....*Stress* haha

i'm also kinda stress especially how to juggle between 2 kids.. my DS is now 2yrs5mths old now, after birth will be close to 3.. just passing the terrible twos.. i'm praying hard that he will be a good boy.. haha

My cousin told me that if I get from fairs, they will givr alot of additional diapers (sample pack). She ever gotten 100pcs when she bought 4 packs

@luvyz

14weeks plus is ok. I lost weight in tri 1 cos throwing up too much and had severe heartburn so cant really eat. Eat what you can when you can and take a good prenatal multi vit.

Dont worry too much. Worry and stress is not good for baby.

Thanks! I'm trying not to worry and stress. Can't wait for my appetite to resume!! :)

Hi everyone,I just did my detailed scan with prof anandkumar to get a second opinion in regards to my bad oscar test resukts. So relieved to hear him say that there r no soft markers detected , just that my baby s nasal bone abit short for 14 weeks but he din seem too concerned about it. He advised me agst amnio as he said that the risk of miscarriage is higher than my baby being a t18 baby. I did my harmony test with him and waiting for final esults to come back in 12 dwys. After 2 weeks of worry and sadness,I feel more relieved and a huge burden lifted. Thanks all for the advice.

congrats!! hope the amnio results will be good too. meanwhile, have more rest. jiayou!!

Hi everyone,I just did my detailed scan with prof anandkumar to get a second opinion in regards to my bad oscar test resukts. So relieved to hear him say that there r no soft markers detected , just that my baby s nasal bone abit short for 14 weeks but he din seem too concerned about it. He advised me agst amnio as he said that the risk of miscarriage is higher than my baby being a t18 baby. I did my harmony test with him and waiting for final esults to come back in 12 dwys. After 2 weeks of worry and sadness,I feel more relieved and a huge burden lifted. Thanks all for the advice.

congrats!! hope the harmony result will be good too. jiayou!!

@kopibeanie

U manage to change jobs despite being pregnant? Congrats! I do my prenatal pilates at corefitness in forum. But I also find it a bit far and am looking for options in the east.

no no. hahah. I did prenatal yoga when I was having #1. changed job few mths after I gave birth. now pregnant with #2. :)

my #1 is a boy. now 26mths. #2 most most likely also boy.

Hi mummies,like to check how much newborn diapers do we need to stock up? Is it better to get from baby fairs?

don't need stock up too much newborn coz might not fit after awhile. if I recall correctly,
I only used newborn for first 2wks then change to S size already. then S size also wear few mths then need change to M size & so on liao. my boy used XL since ~10mths till now 26mths. really depends on ur bb size & how fast he/she grows. I only buy in bulk for the bigger sizes, esp XL.

I use huggies for newborn coz given by hospital. then change to dryers for day use & pampers for night use & outing. prefer pampers best, slim cut & super absorbent. I usually wait for pampers offer at cold storage/ntuc, 2 big pkts for $36+ compared to usual price $20+ per pkt. sometimes buy more than $200 got other freebies.

same as clothes no need to buy so many newborn/3mths size. bb outgrow them very very fast.

Last edited:

most ppl either get the avent sterilizer bundle set or pigeon sterilizer bundle set during baby fair/sale. comes with 2-3 bottles, bottle brush, etc. almost everything u need for newborn. I think the bottles that come with the bundle shld be sufficient for a start, don't need get too many in case u total breast feeding or bb don't like the brand/teat for some reason. once bb confirm ok with the brand/teat then can get more ba. I'm using pigeon 240ml bottles & got 8 of them! hahah. lazy to wash, so only wash once a day.

Last edited:
Thanks kook beanie! Initially I was still thinking buy a few packs and store. Upon hearing your advise, I just buy 2 packs and standby first nearer to delivery. Read up that Merries and Goon is good... Have you tried?

don't need stock up too much newborn coz might not fit after awhile. if I recall correctly,
I only used newborn for first 2wks then change to S size already. then S size also wear few mths then need change to M size & so on liao. my boy used XL since ~10mths till now 26mths. really depends on ur bb size & how fast he/she grows. I only buy in bulk for the bigger sizes, esp XL.

I use huggies for newborn coz given by hospital. then change to dryers for day use & pampers for night use & outing. prefer pampers best, slim cut & super absorbent. I usually wait for pampers offer at cold storage/ntuc, 2 big pkts for $36+ compared to usual price $20+ per pkt. sometimes buy more than $200 got other freebies.

same as clothes no need to buy so many newborn/3mths size. bb outgrow them very very fast.

Harmony is a great choice! What was baby's NT reading? Mine was at 3.33 and took the Harmony as well..skipped oscar coz my Gynae Dr Choo told me Oscar is not reliable and result will show high risk. Got my results last week and all is good. Am sure your will be too, stay strong! :)

Thanks acang!hope the results come back good. At the detailed scanning with prof anandakumar, nt was 2.3. But nasal bone was short for 14weeks.oscar really make us worry for nothing sometimes.i think I aged 10 yrs after hearing my oscar results!

Hi mummies, I'm in my 16 week now. I felt tiny movements during my 14 week but then after my epileptic seizure in my 15 week, the movements stopped. I'm kinda worried. I dunno if the movements are just gas or is it the baby. Am I supposed to be feeling movements at this stage?

Hi Tyla, I am in my 17 weeks going 18 soon and I don't feel much movement as well.. the most I felt is so call "popping" gas in my belly.. some have to wait till week 20 then felt the movement. So don't worry ya

Back