(2014/08) August 2014

I have been LS for 4 days. See gp on Wednesday ...only give charcoal pills. Say it could be virus or the food I eat. Later got to call gynae n ask ...it all happen after I see Gynae on Monday. Haiz

Anyone happen to LS b4 ??
How are you feeling today?

It is always good to refer back to your gynae, including all medication dispensed by any other doctors. Like what the rest are saying, remember stay hydrated. 100 plus is good to replenish essential salts and minerals lost in LS.

Hope you get well real soon.

Anyone experiencing pelvis pain?

Me too! It just feel like menses cramp but it will be over like 2-3 mins later.
Initially when I first felt it, I freaked out because I thought it gotto do with the watermelon which I just ate....

Me too! It just feel like menses cramp but it will be over like 2-3 mins later.
Initially when I first felt it, I freaked out because I thought it gotto do with the watermelon which I just ate....
Mine does not feel like menses cramp, mine is the kind of pain from the inside similar to when i sprain my ankle... not those "pulling" kind of pain like menses.. this sat im going to ask my gynae when i see her liao. Sometimes the pain gets so painful that i cant stand or change my pants.

I have been LS for 4 days. See gp on Wednesday ...only give charcoal pills. Say it could be virus or the food I eat. Later got to call gynae n ask ...it all happen after I see Gynae on Monday. Haiz

Anyone happen to LS b4 ??

me!! I juz ate some curry vege for (tingkat) dinner on mon. think the curry keep too long liao. then LS 5 times that night. went see gynae on tue for checkup & routine scan. gynae gave me some probiotics (lacto forte) caps. tot pregnant cannot eat charcoal pills?

stomach sensitive when pregnant. need be careful what we eat

my pain is at my lower back!! the pain is killing me!! can't even get out of bed this morn!! :(

tried yoga poses, stretching, hb massage, etc all not helping. aquafitness helps a little, but the pain juz comes back after that.

my gynae juz ask me change to a better shoes, sleep on side, don't stand/walk too much, etc etc. no muscle cream, no salonplus, no ru yi oil, etc etc. not exactly very helpful too.

I desperately need help!! thinking of trying prenatal chiro/massage. anyone tried prenatal chiro before? or got any good remedy?

my pain is at my lower back!! the pain is killing me!! can't even get out of bed this morn!! :(

tried yoga poses, stretching, hb massage, etc all not helping. aquafitness helps a little, but the pain juz comes back after that.

my gynae juz ask me change to a better shoes, sleep on side, don't stand/walk too much, etc etc. no muscle cream, no salonplus, no ru yi oil, etc etc. not exactly very helpful too.

I desperately need help!! thinking of trying prenatal chiro/massage. anyone tried prenatal chiro before? or got any good remedy?

Me too!! I walk awkwardly now and make lot of sound hahaha... I have to walk with my hand holding on to my back... :(

I think the government should implement some form of pregnancy leave entitlement for mommies to rest! It's so tiring during these 10 months and considering AL entitlement are pathetic, it's hard to have any AL balance after having to go for all those checks at hospital during office hours .... Bleah !! :(

just for info, I've got a reply from Eu Yan Sang that their bottle bird's nest with collagen and pearl powder is safe for consumption.

shall start gradually....

is there really a difference between bottled bird's nest and home cooked from scratch other than sugar level options?

Leanne, you can take mc when you go for your gynae chk up. Just ask gynae to issue you 1 day mc.
I always arrange the regular gynae checkup on Sat to save on my mc and leave. Because I'm diabetic I'm seeing also the endocrinologist at KKH but they don't operate on weekends, one month one day see endocrinologist and some days for dietitian for my diabetic control, not much AL left. Plus those half days for blood tests & CVS stuff. Now only 4 months and I have used up half of my MC already. Haha.

I think the government should implement some form of pregnancy leave entitlement for mommies to rest! It's so tiring during these 10 months and considering AL entitlement are pathetic, it's hard to have any AL balance after having to go for all those checks at hospital during office hours .... Bleah !! :(
I was just thinking of that this morning! Was battling through a super crowded train to work and trying to protect my poor belly from being crushed. Maybe should get an iron cast belly shield.

just for info, I've got a reply from Eu Yan Sang that their bottle bird's nest with collagen and pearl powder is safe for consumption.

is there really a difference between bottled bird's nest and home cooked from scratch other than sugar level options?

I think bottled bird's will have certain level of preservative. Home cooked might be better. But beside the collegen (which our body can generate from vit C consumption), what other benefits from eating bird's nest which is so ex?

Totally agree. .. Should have pregnancy check-up leave. At least it wouldn't take up our MC or annual leave. We need more rest than others.

If government want to increase birth rate they better improve welfare better... People always biased against pregnant woman like my regional manager here... Pui!!!

I was just thinking of that this morning! Was battling through a super crowded train to work and trying to protect my poor belly from being crushed. Maybe should get an iron cast belly shield.
Totally agree.. Esp when our bump is still small, people can't really tell we are pregnant.. They don't really give way or give up their seats for us.. Maybe we should have a pregnant women only cabin.. =P

Totally agree.. Esp when our bump is still small, people can't really tell we are pregnant.. They don't really give way or give up their seats for us.. Maybe we should have a pregnant women only cabin.. =P
My colleague tummy is already quite big at 5m plus but still no one really give seat to her... Some are staring at your tummy and then suddenly they fall asleep - mostly are like that ...

Gynae didn't give you mc? My gynae always ask if she needs to cover me with mc.. So far, took twice from her and it's only feb.. Two days mc gone.. I usually take half day to go gynae appointment.. My poor husband has to take leave.. And his leave entitlement is not much..

haha... yeah... maybe we can just tell them to give the sits up if u really need the sits... if u let me know u need the sits I will sure give up! :)

whaha... must show tis post to all our husband! haha...

Leanne, I used to see gynae n urologist and now its gynae n E.n.t to check in thyroid level. I use mc all the time. I dun care how much mc I clocked actually because I need to see these spevialist to ensure bb is in order.

I went for taka baby fair today morning. Just to share, spend $150 & they do home delivery foc. Some pigeon products are sold out but these are for 6 months and abv products. Baby rompers are cheap, range from 8+ and upwards. Carparking wise-pls do not pk at paragon, I got a carpk redemption but my total carpk is still $18/-. (Damn!)

When I am taking circle line from promenade, all just pretend. Some indian jokers (boys) still can joke abt it openly, sitting on the "special seat".

I just met a old classmate and she told me that too much bird nest causes eczema in children. She took bird nest once a week when she is preggy.
My husband colleague also took alot of bird nest but the daughter does not have eczema.
I asked my mom and she told me bird nesy with rock sugar only is very cooling in nature. If you are taking bird nest, you need to put some heaty elements like red dates, ginseng or "dong chong chao" in it. (Just sharing)
I tried eu yan seng bird nest but puke everything out. My bb dun like.

Leanne, I used to see gynae n urologist and now its gynae n E.n.t to check in thyroid level. I use mc all the time. I dun care how much mc I clocked actually because I need to see these spevialist to ensure bb is in order.
But some times the colleagues in the workplace will gossip say wah this staff take so many mc etc and best if there's another preggy woman in the office they will tend to compare why the other no need yet I need, forgetting that diabetes itself needs regular checks to ensure sugar level safe for baby ... And mc capped at 14 days, mine if exceed will become unpaid leave liao...

haha... yeah... maybe we can just tell them to give the sits up if u really need the sits... if u let me know u need the sits I will sure give up! :)
Later they challenge you say you pregnant meh. I kena once from an aunty requesting me to give up my seat to her...

Gynae didn't give you mc? My gynae always ask if she needs to cover me with mc.. So far, took twice from her and it's only feb.. Two days mc gone.. I usually take half day to go gynae appointment.. My poor husband has to take leave.. And his leave entitlement is not much..
Gynae I go Saturday so no need mc.But mc also used very fast - CVS took me 3 days, diabetes plus those blood tests 4 days ... Cause blood test no mc given ... Half of the 14 days gone

for days when you need more than 2 days mc, asked for hospitalisation leave instead. that way you dun use up your MC too quickly.

Later they challenge you say you pregnant meh. I kena once from an aunty requesting me to give up my seat to her...
Very sad hor... There's once I was on a rather crowded train but luckily I got a seat (not priority). Then 1 old uncle boarded the train, can see he is a bit weak and needed the seat.. The person beside me is an old auntie and the other is a youngster plug in ear phones and sleeping.. Opposite all young and able... Nobody gave up their seat.. I was still not feeling that sick and tired.. In the end I gave up my seat to the old Uncle.. So sad.. pregnant woman had to gave up seat to old uncle because nobody cares..

Very sad hor... There's once I was on a rather crowded train but luckily I got a seat (not priority). Then 1 old uncle boarded the train, can see he is a bit weak and needed the seat.. The person beside me is an old auntie and the other is a youngster plug in ear phones and sleeping.. Opposite all young and able... Nobody gave up their seat.. I was still not feeling that sick and tired.. In the end I gave up my seat to the old Uncle.. So sad.. pregnant woman had to gave up seat to old uncle because nobody cares..
Yeah I encountered the same thing but on a priority seat.
Nowadays hard to expect anything,

No seat Nvm , I just want to install spikes on my tummy to prevent ppl from squashing my poor belly... Esp peak hours on train.. bishan station is a horror

Yes taking train with our big belly is really a horror. Everyone either sleeping or looking at their phones. Nobody bothers to look up at all. Even pple standing they see u r pregnant and nobody give seat they also just keep quiet and mind their own business. Last time when I was not pregnant I would always ask the person sitting to give up seat to the pregnant lady. Once my hubby asked a lady sitting on reserved seat to give up seat to me, she frowned at my belly and then stood up reluctantly. There was another time when an old man boarded the train while I was sitting on the reserved seat, an act smart ang mor pointed at me to ask me to give up my seat. I took away the bag on my lap he saw my belly and then turned away.

Ya trains in Bishan is packed like sardines.. Even when I'm taking circle line. Our poor bellies have to go through all the squeezing and stand throughout.. :(

Just last week, I was sitting at priority seat, a lady gave me dirty stare.. :( I told my colleagues about it, they said I should sit down and start rubbing my belly..

Haha my colleague was suggesting to me that I should carry a pregnancy magazine with it so that it sends an outright signal that I'm preggy ...

Ya trains in Bishan is packed like sardines.. Even when I'm taking circle line. Our poor bellies have to go through all the squeezing and stand throughout.. :(

Just last week, I was sitting at priority seat, a lady gave me dirty stare.. :( I told my colleagues about it, they said I should sit down and start rubbing my belly..
There was once when I was on feeder bus and a few old ladies boarded the bus. Obe of them couldnt get a seat &kept staring at me. I wasn't sure if they were talking about me & being paranoid, I just said:"sorry its not that I dun want to give up my seat for them, I am pregnant and cannot stand for too long." The auntie beside me said:"no one talking about you."

During my first trimester when tummy is not big still I always rub my belly when I get seat in bus or train. It send out direct signal to others tht im preg and also comfort the lil one inside. Hahaha..

Any mummies have not told their bosses yet? I just started a new job when I found out I'm pregnant. Still under probation. ... stressful

Any mummies have not told their bosses yet? I just started a new job when I found out I'm pregnant. Still under probation. ... stressful
I told the very day I pass my probation in Dec last year. When is your probation ending? If your job is desk bound and u dun need them to actually know about the pregnancy u can just wait til probation ends if it's ending soon ba. Me doing FM work so I need to inform cause some site work I can't do

Waiwish,I did my oscar and resukts were nt 1.2mm,ratio for ds is 1:337 but ratio for t18 is 1:4 and no nasal bone detected during oscar. I arranged for genetic scan hoping that the doc is able to see the nasal bone and hopefukky dun spot any soft markers for t18 such as strawberry head or clenched feet etc...gynae ask me to go amino

I told the very day I pass my probation in Dec last year. When is your probation ending? If your job is desk bound and u dun need them to actually know about the pregnancy u can just wait til probation ends if it's ending soon ba. Me doing FM work so I need to inform cause some site work I can't do
My probation will end in May.. which by then I'll be abt 23-24 weeks.. I do alot of stand up classroom training but not really physically exhausting. Is quite a old fashion chinese company. . Hopefully they are more accepting of pregnant women

My probation will end in May.. which by then I'll be abt 23-24 weeks.. I do alot of stand up classroom training but not really physically exhausting. Is quite a old fashion chinese company. . Hopefully they are more accepting of pregnant women

If I'm not wrong MOM has protection over pregnant woman 6 months before and 3 months after deliver... By then belly will be obvious, maybe you can consider saying about now ba... Might be better to say before they find out themselves ... Sometimes good to say so that colleagues (hopefully) could understand.

Hi Mummies,

I have a brand new tube of Clarins stretch marks cream to let go at $55 (original price at $82). Self collection at Sengkang or punggol. Pls PM me if interested.

Last edited:
I've also been feeling very tired, they say 2nd trim I should not be feeling as tired as 1st trim but I still have been feeling tired during the day.

Anyone feeling the same too?
Hi Leanne, I'm experiencing the same thing as you. I'm 2 weeks into 2nd trim and I feel much more tired than 1st trim. Basically I've not had a night where I can sleep throughout. Sure wake up at 3+ am to pee and can't sleep after that. So irritating as the next time I'm so tired at work :(

Waiwish,I did my oscar and resukts were nt 1.2mm,ratio for ds is 1:337 but ratio for t18 is 1:4 and no nasal bone detected during oscar. I arranged for genetic scan hoping that the doc is able to see the nasal bone and hopefukky dun spot any soft markers for t18 such as strawberry head or clenched feet etc...gynae ask me to go amino
When is your genetic scan? You can do harmony test instead of amnio if you hv fear of the miscarriage risk like I do. I've heard some soft markers will resolve itself as pregnancy progresses. It's really the 20w detailed scan that would be more conclusive.

I didn't hv good experience with Prof Ananda. My hubs and I found him mumbling throughout the scan. Perhaps we didn't receive good news from him, which made the whole experience less than ideal. So could be a biased judgement.

Are you keen on the amnio? Actually the risk for amnio or cvs is not exactly high... 1:300.. when my oscar result turn out high risk, i decided on the diagnoistic test without much hestitation. because i will know i get the answer i need and its 100% accuracy. In fact i opt for the earlier and more painful test as i dont want to wait ... i just wanted a 100% black or white answer...

Back