(2014/08) August 2014

Ya I also woke up from 3 plus maybe every hour and can't get back to sleep...surf net and read about MH17 so sad...anyway TGIF everyone! Last few weeks to go!

Hi Charsteo, you might wanna take a look at this thread about choosing cord blood bank: http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/cordlife-or-stemcord-or-do-nothing.5297/#post-7171522

i realised that it's not about put the eggs into different baskets that counts, but to put them in the right one! go for cordlife i say. i did so for both my kids and glad i'm putting my eggs in the right basket after reading the news. hope this helps :)
Thanks babe! i had chosen cordlife to store this time round =p well are you keeping your placenta?

BH is very diff from contraction pain. Contraction is like have very bad stomach flu pain at ur tummy area. And likelu to come and go, come and go.
Seem like alot of cannot sleep well. I sleep abt 2am last night..then wake up at 5am to give my boy milk and sleep again till 8am...now so sleepy and tired

Wahahaha! Didn't know we have monk and nun here.
I tot I am the only one who did not do it.

However my admin keep asking me to do it cos she said the feeling is different.
She said infact she felt the love making session was better than she wasn't preggy.

However both my hub and I are too timid to try.
Not that we scare we will hurt the LO inside but scare of the complication after doing it.

We have stopped in tri 2 when I had slight spotting. Hub is really afraid that if we do it will spot again. Now the more we don't dare to do it cos scared will bring on labour! Hahah

Hey ladies I suspect my water bag leaking cos having watery discharge and the smell is very different. My cervix opened already on Tuesday. Doc asked me to go labor ward now for observation.

Very scared now as bb only 34 weeks. Pray it will be ok.

Thanks babe! i had chosen cordlife to store this time round =p well are you keeping your placenta?
For placenta, i think you have to find a qualified TCM to process and encapsulate... However, the recent talks show no real benefits of the placenta pills though i thought that it would be beneficial for us to consume back the nutrients lost! I have a few friends who did the placenta pills for consumption...

Hey ladies I suspect my water bag leaking cos having watery discharge and the smell is very different. My cervix opened already on Tuesday. Doc asked me to go labor ward now for observation.

I also got the feeling that my water bag is leaking but yesterday when I meet up with my gynae, he say still plenty of fluid around.

Don't worry so much, you will be fine.
Just relax.

I also got the feeling that my water bag is leaking but yesterday when I meet up with my gynae, he say still plenty of fluid around.

Don't worry so much, you will be fine.
Just relax.

My fluid quite low after examination yesterday so doc quite worried. I'm at the labour ward now for observation. Hope ok n can go home

I remember we learnt in class that our amniotic fluid has no color no smell...so yours could be just urine or viginal discharge? Anyway just go for a check to be safe! Keep us updated and good luck.

I remember we learnt in class that our amniotic fluid has no color no smell...so yours could be just urine or viginal discharge? Anyway just go for a check to be safe! Keep us updated and good luck.

Well... not exactly no smell. Some say it smell like sperm.
Anyway, I'm sure you can smell urine.

U'll be fine. Don't worry.
All mummies here are support u!

Thanks thanks girls. They inserted this long cotton bud with a ph solution to check whether there is amniotic fluid coming out. If it turns black immed means got leakage. Interesting :).

Mine didn't turn black thankfully but another painful cervix examination revealed my cervix opened to 1 cm. doc and us pray bb can stay inside another two more weeks for lungs to mature.

My doc suspect IUGR (high bp + low fluid + underweight bb) which explained why the cervix is opening up so early. Any ladies managed to increase amniotic fluid successfully? I'm increasing my water intake n also trying to do bed rest.

Wahahaha! Didn't know we have monk and nun here.
I tot I am the only one who did not do it.

However my admin keep asking me to do it cos she said the feeling is different.
She said infact she felt the love making session was better than she wasn't preggy.

However both my hub and I are too timid to try.
Not that we scare we will hurt the LO inside but scare of the complication after doing it.

Actually there's no restrictions for having sex just need to be gentle compared to last time.
If not bcos of my fungus infection..my hub sure wants cos that time we tried he got infected by me and was cured..whereas mine comes n goes n comes again!

Thanks thanks girls. They inserted this long cotton bud with a ph solution to check whether there is amniotic fluid coming out. If it turns black immed means got leakage. Interesting :).

Mine didn't turn black thankfully but another painful cervix examination revealed my cervix opened to 1 cm. doc and us pray bb can stay inside another two more weeks for lungs to mature.

My doc suspect IUGR (high bp + low fluid + underweight bb) which explained why the cervix is opening up so early. Any ladies managed to increase amniotic fluid successfully? I'm increasing my water intake n also trying to do bed rest.
get the gynnae to.inject the steroid for strengthen baby lungs jus in case. I deliver my first 1 at 34 weeks. N was given 2 to 3 doses before deliver. Mayb u chk w ur doc. ?? Jia you.

get the gynnae to.inject the steroid for strengthen baby lungs jus in case. I deliver my first 1 at 34 weeks. N was given 2 to 3 doses before deliver. Mayb u chk w ur doc. ?? Jia you.

Thanks dear for ur suggestion. I had the two doses on wed already. They were taken 12 hours apart :). N caused a huge spike in my blood sugar which needed some time to go back to normal levels. Understood they are stress hormones to help mature bb lungs.

everything will be alright. jiayou! take care! hugz!

Thanks dear for ur suggestion. I had the two doses on wed already. They were taken 12 hours apart :). N caused a huge spike in my blood sugar which needed some time to go back to normal levels. Understood they are stress hormones to help mature bb lungs.

think positive. think positive. everything will be alright. jiayou!

Yah it spiked so i ended up with DKA after 2 steriod doses.. and the steriod injections are painful :confused:

I had low amniotic fluid too when I was somewhere in my 2nd trim.
Gynae put me on bed rest for a week.
During that period, I just drank lots and lots of water and keep lying on my side.
However when I went for my review, my gynae say the fluid only increase by abit.
I told him that I drank a lot of water already but he say that doesn't help actually.
He said what is important is rest more. The best is not to work.

So.... rest more. Lie down more.

Yah it spiked so i ended up with DKA after 2 steriod doses.. and the steriod injections are painful :confused:

Oh what's DKA? Ya they were painful more so than the progesterone shots :p. but worth it if can help bb lungs to mature. I understand it takes 48 hours to be effective, and some gynaes administer just before delivery to help lungs mature oso.

I had low amniotic fluid too when I was somewhere in my 2nd trim.
Gynae put me on bed rest for a week.
During that period, I just drank lots and lots of water and keep lying on my side.
However when I went for my review, my gynae say the fluid only increase by abit.
I told him that I drank a lot of water already but he say that doesn't help actually.
He said what is important is rest more. The best is not to work.

So.... rest more. Lie down more.

Yes I rem girl n thanks for sharing. And my gynae said the same. Drinking water etc doesn't help much. Must bed rest.

I gung-Ho went to walk 1 hour after dinner last week to help bring down blood sugar. Now result in another problem. Btw the two low fluid is more dangerous so have to bed rest now esp w cervix opened.

Yes I rem girl n thanks for sharing. And my gynae said the same. Drinking water etc doesn't help much. Must bed rest.

I gung-Ho went to walk 1 hour after dinner last week to help bring down blood sugar. Now result in another problem. Btw the two low fluid is more dangerous so have to bed rest now esp w cervix opened.

rest well. can use the time to watch as many hk/korean dramas as u can. bb come will be busy liao. no time to even watch tv. ;)

Left few more wks to go, I'm getting nervous alrdy. Am now thinking when the time comes, what should I do. Is there anything we can do for a smooth delivery? E.g. Does breathing technique really work or we simply just "push" inside the delivery rm?

Left few more wks to go, I'm getting nervous alrdy. Am now thinking when the time comes, what should I do. Is there anything we can do for a smooth delivery? E.g. Does breathing technique really work or we simply just "push" inside the delivery rm?
Dont worry so much. If you are afraid of pain, take epi. For the rest, listen to nurses and doctor instructions. Things will be fine.
If you are in tense mode, your body may feel more painful after that.

Back