(2013/04) April 2013

Angela: My gal is different from you, she like to stick with potty, she can sit there for more than half hour.. Fainted.

the topics are getting more and more interesting!

macam: i stay in the west too. my gynae is dr lim from beauty world plaza. he deliver in mount a.

Sam,
No le, my son goes to those 3-hour church school. The teachers there expect the kids to be toilet-trained before they start schooling one.

I dunno why? For the past few months, my son managed to stay dry at night. But then only this week, he starts wetting the bed again. When I asked him why, he said he is too tired to get up and go toilet..zzz, so this week, I had to let him wear diapers at night..
sad.gif
During day-time he can go totally diaper-free so not a problem. But i was happy enough to save on diaper for the past 2 months, that's about 40 bucks!

Angela
Maybe she nt ready to be train?
I didn't really train my girl too cos lazy and too busy. Childcare wanted us to train a bit first then they will start let her try.
I just let her diaper free a few hrs after wetting a few times ( i didnt scold her) also dunno how come she start to tell me she want pee then I bring her and praise her then eventually it works.

apple gal,

lemme share here, its the provision shop at blk 628 market AMK Ave4, near the ocbc bank.

the best is no need buy in bulk lor

MTB,

Anyone kids drinking Friso? What's the diff bet NTUC and provision shop's stock? When I compared both tins, all stated packed in Msia

Just seen the gyn this afternoon , am 8 weeks along, saw the little babe and heartbeat. Warms the heart to hear the thumping again after 4 yrs
happy.gif

From what i read it is easier to potty train girls than boys, I had a hard time training my son! Eventually he succeeded but only at 3yo - all our earlier efforts wasted. I believe their readiness plays a big part!

Went for my second appt yday. Sac is 1.2cm and according to my hcg, I'm at 3-4weeks now. Dr say sac is smaller than it should be. Also detect blood below the sac, not a good sign.

Dr say if blood goes away in two weeks time, then ok. If I start to bleed a lot, must go back immed. He wana hear hb in next visit. If no hb means...

Hub n I cried last night. Going ofc talk to my boss that I work from home. If can't I just take paid or unpaid leave v

Hi mocca
Rest well. But 2 wks time u r 6 wks? It's still early for heartbeat right? U done blood test for ur hcg lvl so no need to test 2 days later?

Mocca Mama: Please be strong and positive. At this moment, just have a good rest. Talking about the sac measurement, my 1st appt on few days ago, is 12mm and is 6 weeks according to my gynae. My gynae never say it is smaller. Perhaps you can go for 2nd opinpon? What do you think?

Morning ladies,
GgChua i looking for someone in Jurong area but thanks anyway =)
MoccaMama -did doc give u any progesterone pills for the blood below sac? During my 5th week i went couldnt hear heartbeat and he saw some bleeding near the sac too he told me not to have sex and also gave me progestron pills. when i went during the 7 weeks i think its gone (cos he didnt mention about it.) and i heard the Hb.
Stay positive and be strong. good luck

Good morning mtbs!

Gosh, it's a very hazy day today! Woke up feeling terrible and feel like puking when I smell the haze. ARGH!!

Sam: Are all the milk powders brand at the provision shop cheaper? Or only certain brands?

Mocca: Hugs! Don't be upset ok? Maybe the baby is growing slowly. Pray and rest more in the meantime ok? We're rooting for you here!

On potty training...

My mum has been training her and told her to tell us she's going to pee by saying "shhhh shhh" and going to poop by saying "poo poo". Then yesterday for the whole day, coz she suddenly had an interest in the potty, for no rhyme or reason, she'll say "shhhh shhh" when there's nothing at all. Made my mum so mad. LOL!

Divenin, I duno how many week to detect hb, this our first so we r still learning. I did blood test two weeks ago. It only 480+.. Which means 1-2w, now is 3-4w.
Daphns, if base on LMP I should b 7w.but I remember when I use clear blue digital pkt, it detect I'm 2-3w. Then immed I go see Dr, took blood test n hcg 480. So I think the calculation is more accurate than based on lmp.
Ya he gave me that p pill, ask me no sex no jumping. You manage to survive through even with blood detected, that is motivating to me, thanks a lot!!

Moccamama
Hang in there. Staying home and getting lots of rest is really the best thing u can do for baby. Hope ur boss is supportive.

Morning mommies!

Gosh, my ms was really bad today.. vomitted at home, nearly vomitted twice in the mrt otw to work.
sad.gif

Mocca,
Please try to stay strong and positive. Maybe bb is growing slightly slower that's all...try to eat more nutritious food to provide for bb? I heard beef and lots of milk product are good, if u could stomach it. But most importantly u gotta stay positive babe...try talking more to bb..

I also duno y he say my sac small. Two wk ago is only a dot. Now grow 12mm in two weeks, we are so happ!

I'm thinking go Dr Woodworth for second opinion cos he famous n near my house. I just hope he doesn't say one two word only, no explanation

Mocca, I also think it's good to get a second opinion. If you think Dr Woodworth may give you a good opinion, best that you go to him soonest, then at least you will have a peace of mind too.

Mocca Mama: yes, i think it is good for 2nd opinion. 12mm is also what i have during my 1st check up saying i am six week.. I am puzzled why say it is small.. Just ask whatever you think that need to clear your doubts, i think dr woodworth will be explaining to you.
Sometime based on LMP may not accurate, still have to know when you ovulate.. Hehe.. So no worry, maybe you ovulate late?

Mummies, just a question, is it possible to have a big sac and a small baby? Last week at 7 weeks I went to see my gynae to get green light to travel. He tried to detect heartbeat but couldn't see the heartbeat yet. But sac has already doubled in size. He only asked me to go back to him after 4 weeks. Is it normal? I can't remember when I managed to see the heartbeat for my No. 1.

Morning all! My nausea started the moment I woke up....jeez

Mocca: don't lose hope - send positive thoughts to baby. lotsa of friends I know had bleeding when pregnant but all turned out ok. just rest more and stay calm and positive. and you'll hear the heartbeat in 2 weeks time
happy.gif

I heard the heartbeat at 6w via transvaginal ultrasound. bb was only measuring 2mm then.

Angela, did you do a transvaginal scan? Should be able to detect heartbeat by 7w. My gynae doesn't measure the sac; she measures the CRL (crown-rump length) of the baby

Angela: I remember my no 1 heartbeat is detecting around 7 weeks during my 1st visit. This time round, when i check for my no 2, gynae say 6 weeks pregnant only sac but no heartbeat, ask me go back in 2 weeks time.

ica: My gynae asked if I want to do a transvaginal scan but I declined coz I hate the feeling. Then he said it could be because the sac was big and didn't say anything further. I hope that if the sac is growing = baby is growing too.

Hi mocca
Some can only see heartbeat from 8 weeks.
Also my gynae nvr tell me abt size of sac at all for #1 & #2 keke only measure the fetus.

V scan maybe able to detect hb at 6weeks onwards whereas abdominal scan may only be able to detect hb fr wk 8 onwards. Always have a full bladder if wanna have a better scan via abdomen.

Also, depending on the scanning machine, sometimes, it takes a doc to detect hb only after 8 weeks even via v scan. However, some mothers did not hear the hb till baby's almost 10weeks! So, it all depends.

For me, doc measured my baby's CRL as 0.66cm and was told I was 6+4 (though I think I'm 3 days farther along). At that time, my baby's hb could be heard and saw the heart pounding. I saw him 1 week earlier and there was only a sac.

Hmm how come the gynae nowadays measure the sac as well? My gynae did not mention anything abt my sac, just measured the size of my bb thats all wor..

But we did see the heartbeat when bb was 5W++ through abdominal scan, although bb was really small during that scan. Going to see a new gynae in Tamp next Sat hopefully bb has grown well, since I have put on so much weight oredy..

Mocca mama,

Dr Woodworth will be glad to explain to u bt u need to get ready d qns to ask him. To me, he's those quiet & passive kind of doc. Dun worry too much ya.
happy.gif

Morning all!

Having flu and backaches urgh =(

Mocca, it would be gd to seek 2nd opinion. During my first visit, gynae mentioned that I had a 1 week discrepency in the size of the baby vs my LMP. But the following visit 2 weeks later, baby caught up with the growth. So don't worry too much ya!

Shirelle: Rest well! Sucks to have flu during pregnancy. I just recovered from mine earlier this week and the GP refused to give me med, just asked me to rest and drink water. =(

So fast may thread is up ... And we r soon graduating from the first trimester ... Quickly quickly pls :p

I hope my MS can e gone by week 11 like my last preg ..... Pray hard .... Then I can start shopping ~

Angela, Oh dear! All that sneezing kills haha.

Rachel, my gynae didn't mention anything about the sac either. Measured baby's size and hb only.

Feeling so very tired and listless. I m trying to survive today without the antipuke pills. Pray it works.

Shirelle: If really need anti-puke pills, please take hor. I tried that for the past few days and was trying hard not to puke and blowing my nose at the same time. Felt really pathetic. I ended up in the bathroom for half an hour just to clear my nose and trying to puke out if possible, and the whole tummy crammed like mad. =(

Mocca: My 6w scan shows a blood clot near the sac too. I was put on 1wk bedrest and Duphaston pills. Went to scan again at 8w and bb is growing well and clot has become smaller. So don't worry so much about the blood clot. Make sure you rest as much as you can. If you experience brown discharge, it is due to the body getting rid of the clot so do not be worried.

Thanks girls, I feel so much better after hearing from u all. I will go for second opinion as advise. Maybe he may tell me in different perspective.

Had a chat with boss, she agreed I work from home for next two weeks. Even lighten my workload n pass to others. She even ask me call for cab n claim. Was very surprised for her reaction. Cos she hinted to me b4 nt to get preggie. But turn out, she very understanding to my condition.

Funny thing is, my friends n boss r the one supporting us. Our family just...

Otylia, thank u for your encouragement! I will Jaiyou for my beanie!! He gave me progesterone for two weeks. He didn't ask me bed rest Le, still ask me work . But I discuss with hub, decided I bed rest better. Play safe

mocca, glad to hear that your boss is understanding towards your condition. Jia you and take care!

Angela, you are so right! Wish I've read your message earlier. I'm feeling so horrible now, just took the anti-puke med -_- Cannot act hero during first trimester. lol...

I eat fried rice yesterday lunch, feel so bloated after that then vomitted out and feel better. Then last night dinner, i eat nasi lemak, again bloated and vomitted.. Hiaz..

Shirelle: Lol! I know how you feel. I felt the same way the past few days. Take more bed rest and sleep more. You'll recover faster. Have a speedy recovery!

apple: Try soupy and light flavoured food. I also find that fried rice tend to make us feel bloated and increase the nauseous feeling.

Looking forward to my pork and century egg porridge at 1pm. The office is sooooooo cold!

hello mummies...

today's morning gagging is less...feel abit more relieved.

jiayou mocca! Please seek a second opinion ok...rest well. The other gynae might be able to give you better advise. Its good that your boss is supportive during this period.

apple: better to take soupy stuffs now, don't irritate your tummy...I can only swallow porridge or fish soup if eat outside during weekdays...

angela: I'm thinking of getting porridge for lunch too!

Back