(2013/04) April 2013

Mocca, ur so fortunate to have such an understanding boss! My finance controller just left and we're under our old old accountant who've worked for 20yrs. And best of all, she likes to shoot everyone including me during our meeting with our big boss. V political! Haha.. And I'm still under my 6mths probation! Hopefully my new boss could come in soon else I'll die under her.. And she gives v low and bad grading. :S
Have a good rest though!

I had u-mian soup today! Nevertheless, I'm
still feeling burp-y! Bbrrr~~

Hello mommies,

Erm, I'm feeling damn guilty. I had a super big portion of chicken bryiani rice for lunch just now. Dunno le, I feel that m #2 likes spicy food like his mommy, I have been craving for & eating spicy and fried food for the past months. Hopefully it doesn't hurt my baby in any way!

Mocca,
Were u the one who called ur boss roast pork? Hehe, so nice lo to have an understanding boss. So far I only told my GM abt the 'news', and I realized she has allocated some jobs which require moving and arranging office stuff to my colleagues. My colleague just asked me:" Are u having #2?" I said;" Hmm, dun like dat la, I just put on weight and my tummy getting bigger, but doesn't mean I'm preggie ma." 3 more long weeks to completing our first trimester!

Rachel: So nice of your boss! So far I have only told my immediate boss and a close colleague about the "news". Coz I will be going to a new Company with my boss and we happen to leave on the same day, he asked me to help pack his stuff. I told him, "You go and pack yourself lah! I cannot reach the stuff on the top shelf anyway!" Then he rebuked me and said, "You better don't take roller coaster in gold coast ah! You sure 1st tri your gynae allow you to travel?" Piangz!

Back from lunch and wow it's so hazy out there!

Rachel, I had a sinful lunch too! Treated my dad to the chinese restaurant downstairs, very very very full now. Feel like throwing up
sad.gif

My tummy is so obvious now
sad.gif
*sobs* for #1 it wasn't obvious till I was 6 months preggie!

Angela,
Ur boss even nicer le, bringing you to a new company.. sure got good performance evaluation and review since u hv oredy proven yourself to him already ma. Where will ur new office be? Still RP?

Shirelle,
Good, feeling full is good. I always feel neauseous whenever Im hungry. Sigh, so far put on 3kgs liao le, how? I dun wanna be a big fatso!

Talking abt baby bump, mine looks like 4-5 mths preggie now. The extra flabbiness I carried over from my #1 + all the fat I have eaten in so far..all my working clothes cannot fit already so I have started wearing maternity clothes. So loose, so comfy!

Angela: No time to cook and prepare in the morning. Already wake up 6.20am. Need to out from home before 7pm. My hb will drive us from eunos to yishun. Then i change my gal and bring her to childcare then i go for work. This is very tiring.

sunflower: Ya, i banned fried rice and nasi lemak already. I eat fish soup with rice today, but eat half already full.

Rachel: Haha. Our office cleaning auntie yesterday ask me you pregnant huh? I say tummy la, fat lor. Then she say oh, quite big tummy, got to go exercise. Haha.

Rachel: Haha, I think I do make him angry at times but he annoys me most of the time. Lol! Anyway he's a very nice and chin chye fellow. So far he's the nicest boss I've ever met, and I am grateful to him for bringing me along to a better Company despite me working for him for only 1.5 yrs. I will be at MBFC Tower 3 from late Oct onwards, but lunch will be flexi then. =)

Hi mtbs,

I need some advices..

Last night my MIL brought some cooked chicken home for dinner. I felt my gastric pain last night and this morning the pain got worst. Got those wanna poo poo feeling but poo out so I thought too much gas in my stomach. Took my gastric medicine this morning and puke after that. Suddenly my stomach very very pain and I went to poo. It's those diarrhea kind and my stomach still hurts till now.

Should I go see my gynae or its nothing much all I need is rest?

ggchua, might be good to visit a GP.

rachel, yeah, I've been eating diligently. Nvm if puke later. lol. I've put on 0.5 - 1kg so far. Are you petite? If your BMI is low, you'll tend to put on more weight for pregnancy. I can already feel my arms getting fatter =( very sad.

Lee, try not to wake up suddenly. Go slow motion. I jumped out of bed yesterday morning to get water and fell cause of dizziness. Luckily I landed on my knees.

Angela: ya! I called my gynae and he advised to go normal gp. I very worried man
sad.gif
I think I'm very paranoid. Im always worrying that my baby's heartbeat will stop or baby stop growing
sad.gif

ggchua,
Just go normal GP should be sufficient, but please make sure and double make sure you tell the GP you are pregnant! When you are collecting the med, tell the clinic assistant u r pregnant also, just to be sure the meds they prescribe to you are safe.

In the meantime, you can try drinking Pocari Sweat/ 100 plus, avoid milk or oily stuff for now ba.

Shirelle,
I'm 155cm, and USED to be 48kg (now approaching 52kg liao), not considered petite since now I look like a penguin with a huge belly and butt? Haha...

Rach, ya my boss was that roast pork hahaa I was surprise n shock with her supportive attitude cos she didn't treat my other preggie colleague same as me. When boss tell me all the nice things, I cried out even more. Just too unexpected n very not her style. Even my colleagues were shocked when I share with them.

I think having a good n understanding boss is really tough n I'm glad I'm one the lucky one,like Angela too!

Just woke up n had my lunch. My dog keep smelling my tummy hahaa

Rachel: Yar. Had bread and ham for breakfast and fried rice for lunch. Now hungry already.

Shirelle: Ok.I will crawl out from bed next time Suspect the aircon or haze.... (usually i dont sleep in aircon room unless very hot but last night the haze looks bad so i thought maybe sleep aircon better)... Hai. Maybe it's neither nor... just me.

Daphne: I'm 1.54 too. First appointment 45.65kg. 2nd was 45.75kg. I eat so much these days... thought i will grow fatter but only 100g.

Daphne, i'm sure ur baby is growing fine! The extra weight I've put on are mostly for myself (yummy, butt, hands), dunno how much of it actually goes to baby!
sad.gif

Mommies,
It might be abit too soon to ask, but do u have any 'feeling'/ 'instinct' if your beanie could be a boy or gal yet? Those with older children, did they tell u if you are carrying a boy or gal? I heard the prediction from the elder sibling is very accurate, and mine keep insisting I'm having a didi!

Rachel: Yeah! My gal has been saying "di di" too though we have taught her to say "mei mei" as well, but she seemed to have a preference for "di di"!

Daphne: Measure yourself at the same time of the day cause weight can flutuate about 2kg a day.

I'm now using wii fit to keep track of my weight.

Rachel: No instinct leh. I want a boy,my hb wants a gal. My newphews said boy and my sisters want gals. Mum and MIL both no preference.

Rachel,

My boy always say "meimei" !! I hope its true also la. Kaka guess we will noe d ans during d wks to come. Im so excited!! ^^

Lee/Mummypooh,

I also wan a gal gal! But my son keep insisting its a didi.. Let's see if the elder kids are accurate in the near future! When my hb told his father I'm expecting again, he said;' Doesn't matter this #2 is a boy or gal, since you already have a son.' I guess to some extent we chinese still wanna have a boy to carry the family name ba?

I just finish seeing the gp. Doctor gave me 2 days mc. She said I can drink barley water chrysanthemum and even water chestnut. Is it true?

I want a boy for #1 so that he can take care of meimei next time if managed to have a girl for #2. =) No gut feeling so far but my friends intro me this website from baby center called chinese gender predictor and it turned out boy. Don't think its accurate though keke!

working mummies, how do you keep the hunger pangs at bay? Do you all snack during tea time? I'm hungry all the time now...few hours after lunch and can feel the gastric juices again.

ggchua,
I won't recommend u to drink barley/ chrysanthemum wor..

sunflower,
Yeah i tried the chinese calendar thingie too! Turned out a girl. My friends all say it's 90% accurate!

Snack: I just eat wadever I feel like eating really. My hb started to ask me:" Can u not have so much cravings esp on weekends?" Cos he would be the one gg out middle of the night to buy ma. My, talking abt food, I feel like eating fried meehoon now! However, I try my best to snack more healthier, like drinking cereal/ milo with wheat biscuits, or fruits for tea break.

Hi All

I have been feeling miserable. I have backache, dull pelvic aching that doesn't go again, and don't know cramps or stomache, sore throat, very frequent urination & diahorrea. I am at week 10 this week, I thought we should feel better.

What worry me is the pelvic aching & cramps. So I am seeing my gynae tmr as walk in. Should i see GP for my sore throat & diahorrea today?

Zenn, for sore throat, gargle with warm salt solution. Make sure u gargle all the way to the back of your throat. Salt is a natural antiseptic.

As for diarrhoea, if it's persistent, best to see GP. If not, hydrate urself by drinking water and juices. If u can't stomach them, then drink 100plus or any isotonic drink. A decrease in electrolytes in your body could cause u to be dizzy. take care!

Sunflower: Just eat when u feel hungry. My hb said "Hungry then eat, tired then sleep." Sometimes at night when i feel hungry, I will just ignore and sleep cause too lazy to get up to find things to eat. That day I said I'm hungry, my hb got up and make me an egg, ham and cheese sandwich at 1.30am. That's why i think i will grow fat lol.

Damn angry with my colleagues here for the whole afternoon, it made me want to puke, literally. Went downstairs to chill but there were so many smokers around. Really felt like taking my bag, shut down the comp and leave. Super irritating!

Weight gain/lost - dun think the weight gain is contributed by baby =/ I'm thinking whether I put on 1 kg myself somewhere... but don't know where. Maybe my flabby arms! omg. feel that i don't look my weight now. I look like 60kg *faints*

rachel, wa! I have cravings at weird hours and cravings for weird stuffs too. My hb will buy em but it makes me feel so so bad.

Gender prediction: When we first found out we're pregnant, we asked our girl whether she wants a didi or mei mei, she said the baby is didi. Been trying to tell her to address the baby as "baby" for now but she refuses! I asked her if she will be sad if it's a mei mei, she shook her head, but refused to call the baby "baby"!

My hb wants a boy, but MIL seems to want a girl. When my girl said didi didi, MIL told her "noo B... maybe it's a mei mei. Mei mei more cute." *faints*

Hi Zenn - my backache also getting worse, especially sitting on office for 8 hours. Now feel like breaking.
Rachel - what is the website for the Chinese calendar to see the gender? I want to try too.. I prefer a boy but my hubby prefer a gal. If boy, I can close 'factory' le if I don't want #2.. If gal I will hv stress to have #2 to try for a boy to carry on my hubby family..

Maxlene,
Here is the link: http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor

Shirelle,

No need to feel bad towards ur hb wad. Already they can't share with us the morning sickness, bloatedness, moodiness etc etc, satifying our cravings is the least they could 'participate' in this pregnancy journey! My hb was complaining becos when I had my #1, i had no MS, no cravings nothing, so he thought having a baby is an easy task until this one comes along! Keke..

Zenn,
Go see a GP? If you are going to wait long as a walk-in at your gynae, would u like to consider doing to O & G 24hour clinic at KKH? I had been there once, the service was good, and I saw the doctor and had the scan within 20 mins upon registration. At least after seeing bb's heartbeat we felt very relieved!

Angela,
Y ar wads wrong with ur colleagues?

Zenn, i'm also having back aches and cramps. but it's on and off. Maybe visiting a GP helps. But do remember to inform the GP that you're pregnant.

angela, don't be mad at them! just put on earphones to listen to music
happy.gif

counting down to knock off... so tired.

Thanks all for the advice. Think I will see a GP later.

Rachel my gynae very near me. After I reg, I can walk home rest. When about my turn, the nurse will call me to go back. So is alright. Thanks anyway.

Can't help but to worry for my little bean.

Rachel: I can only say, people her taichi work, don't want to take responsibility. Every single thing also come to me. Worse when HR knows I'm tendering soon, make my life difficult. Really can vomit blood.

Shirelle: I also hope I can just plug in the earphones and ignore what is going on, but Company policy is, no music, no earphones during office hours. =(

Just discharged from hospital.. done dc this afternoon.. feel better after clearing the uterus..at least I know no more dead fetus inside me..now have to recuperate back my health and move on with life..

Best of luck to all mummies.. take care and have a smooth pregnancy!! Hope to return to this forum soon..

Take care shirley...rest well...

Angela, can countdown to your last day soon...not worth it to be upset over such pple...

ggchua: everything in moderation, try not to take too much of the cooling drinks.

zenn: hope everything is ok when you see the gynae later!

Divein
Take it easy and go lie down!

Rachel
I would like a boy because of cost savings through economies of scale lol... Have excessive boy clothes that scream for a second airing! My hubs has been calling my tummy "him" - it's annoying! My son is sweeter with baby girls- noticed this from observing him socialize. He's still in the dark though - another 4 weeks to plan how to break the news to him :D

Shirley
Have a good recovery !

MTB,

My #1 also want a boy this round, think she sian over #2 forever wanting her daddy's attention. Both are dadddy's girls :p

Back