Advice needed pls!

Jkxabc

Sorry for lengthy post in advanced!
Hi, I'm having my 3rd pregnancy, supposed to be 6 weeks 6 days along now.
I track my period using app, so the 2nd day of missed period I did a home pregnancy test, did the same next few days, all had very faint line.
2 weeks ago went to gynae, did transvaginal scan and couldn't see anything. Did blood test to confirm I was indeed pregnant.
Yesterday went for 2nd gynae check up(6w5d), did transvaginal scan again, can see baby but doctor says it is quite small, and no heartbeat detected.
Gynae says high chance of a miscarriage but I googled and it shows that some people only hear the heartbeat at 8 weeks?
I am really freaking out now, I can't stop thinking of this, anyone have any advice? Is there still a chance for my baby? Why is it high chance miscarriage, isn't it too early to tell?
Also, I read on Google that the dates could be off by 2 weeks so I might not even be 6 weeks along yet?

Sorry for lengthy post in advanced!
Hi, I'm having my 3rd pregnancy, supposed to be 6 weeks 6 days along now.
I track my period using app, so the 2nd day of missed period I did a home pregnancy test, did the same next few days, all had very faint line.
2 weeks ago went to gynae, did transvaginal scan and couldn't see anything. Did blood test to confirm I was indeed pregnant.
Yesterday went for 2nd gynae check up(6w5d), did transvaginal scan again, can see baby but doctor says it is quite small, and no heartbeat detected.
Gynae says high chance of a miscarriage but I googled and it shows that some people only hear the heartbeat at 8 weeks?
I am really freaking out now, I can't stop thinking of this, anyone have any advice? Is there still a chance for my baby? Why is it high chance miscarriage, isn't it too early to tell?
Also, I read on Google that the dates could be off by 2 weeks so I might not even be 6 weeks along yet?

Still early.. can repeat scan 2-3 weeks later.

I feel you there. I am 5 weeks pregnant but have been experiencing cramps and bleeding, which the doctor said it's not a good sign. Went for 2 separate blood test and a scan, couldn't find the sac (embryo) in the womb, got to wait till next Friday for another bloodwork and scan to determine my status - early pregnancy, ectopic or miscarriage. I think this is a journey, albeit it is different from other mothers who have smooth pregnancy, but good things are worth waiting right? Keep me posted about your status if you don't mind (=

I feel you there. I am 5 weeks pregnant but have been experiencing cramps and bleeding, which the doctor said it's not a good sign. Went for 2 separate blood test and a scan, couldn't find the sac (embryo) in the womb, got to wait till next Friday for another bloodwork and scan to determine my status - early pregnancy, ectopic or miscarriage. I think this is a journey, albeit it is different from other mothers who have smooth pregnancy, but good things are worth waiting right? Keep me posted about your status if you don't mind (=
All the best to you too. All our journeys are different, I've had a loss before and mine pregnancies are all high risk. Praying for a positive outcome for all of us :) stay positive.

Thanks for your well wishes, I just started bleeding today so I guess it's a miscarriage... :'(

Update: went to the gynae to check, turns out I have not miscarried yet. Doctor prescribed medication, says most likely will still miscarriage, but wait a few more days to see if medication is helpful or not. I'm still bleeding and having cramps, but staying positive as I heard my bb's heartbeat during yesterday's scan.

Last edited:
Thanks for your well wishes, I just started bleeding today so I guess it's a miscarriage... :'(

Update: went to the gynae to check, turns out I have not miscarried yet. Doctor prescribed medication, says most likely will still miscarriage, but wait a few more days to see if medication is helpful or not. I'm still bleeding and having cramps, but staying positive as I heard my bb's heartbeat during yesterday's scan.
Hope it works out well for you!! Do bed rest and request for progesterone jabs.

All the best babe. Remember that no matter what happens, this phase shall pass too. Ups and downs are part of life. Follow gynae advice and focus on the positivity!!!

Thank you everyone for your support and well wishes. Its a confirmed miscarriage, I'm heading to the hospital now to wash. Guess it's just not fated, try again next time!

Thank you everyone for your support and well wishes. Its a confirmed miscarriage, I'm heading to the hospital now to wash. Guess it's just not fated, try again next time!

Sorry for your loss … You are very strong and brave. Baby will find his/her way to u soon. Keep going :)

Back