(2013/01) Jan 2013

moshimaro : do you rmbr which doc or gp you see for the carpal tunnel? Did u take the jab and does it helps? I am seeing a doc in the same hospital that i gave birth and the first bill is abt $500++ including the physiotherapist who teach how to do the exercise, without any jabs. It is really ex and I am hoping to see if there are cheaper alternatives instead of having to go back for review.

Hi angeliqueous, my carpal tunnel not very bad so I didn't formally see a doctor. it went away with doing physio and being aware of symptoms/posture. for serious cases, I think generally jab not so advised for carpal tunnel, unless really not keen for surgery. if not very bad, u might want to wait a while cos it may improve (though do check with ur doc).
yes, thats quite ex. were u charged private rate? i guess if it resolved then u dun need to go back. if getting worse, shld go back and see lor... though u might want to go thru polyclinic to get letter to be seen as subsidised pt..

moshimaro : Yes it is private rate in the hospital, refer letter from my gynae. My aunty took the Thomson pills (complex ginko biloba) and acupunture and recover by 2 months. however since I breastfeed, cannot take the pills.
I do the physio but did not get better. the numbness seems to get worst both my fingers and heels of my foot.. haiz

Hi mummies

I have a brand new Ergo Original Baby Carrier, in dark purple as shown in the pic.

Stores selling S$169. Letting go at $100. If keen, pls PM or email me at [email protected].

8210734.jpg

Aspialle, Vivian,
Thanks for info on cradle cap, hope my biy's one gets better soon, haha I so tempted to peel them off but try to stop myself from doing so scared his scalp get red/sensitive.

Aspialle,
Have not weighed my boy yet, but think he is ard 6-7kg. So your baby's weight should be ok. Anyway no need to weigh them often, just monitor during the usual pd visits will do.

Dear Mummies,

Been a silent reader of this thread. My edd was supposed to be in Mar but my boy had decided to pop in Feb instead. Recently he's been suffering from a bad colic. Had brought him to both PD & Yu Guo but hasn't got better.

Would like to find out if anyone has contacts for good confinement lady as I might need to engage 1 to help me out in taking care of my boy for a mth so that my mum could rest too. I've done confinement for the last 2 wks but she wasn't good. =(

Hi Yoshie,

mine was very good, but i think she may be free only in April. please pm me directly for her contact no.
I dont know why i try to msg you, it says you dont accept private msgs.

I am very upset with the valet parking at Thomson Medical Centre. If not for I have a great gynae and PD, I will not even choose this place.

Today 19.3,13, the valet staffs made me walk to and fro under the hot sun THREE times. And made my 7 week old baby stay under the hot scorching sun. It was around 11AM.

The staffs at the counter insist my car is parked outside and the staffs outside insists they do not have my car key. Finally I found my car and yes it is outside. But apparently my car key is not kept in the box. So we have to look for the car key now but no one attended to us anymore. They pretended to ignore us and attended to other customers while we (including baby) continue to stand under the hot scorching sun.

All these while no one apologised. I asked one of the staffs that they should resume to attend to us. While it is fine that adults stand under e sun, it is not OK to let the baby stay under the hot sun. It was a Malay staff that retorted me, "it is like that.... If you are not happy, talk to my manager."

Fine, so I talked to the so called manager he claimed. It was another Malay who also retorted, the parking at TMC is like that. No aplologises.

My feedback at TMC FB http://www.facebook.com/ThomsonMedicalCentre

Celia/Moshimaru,

thank you.. i was worried and again consulted PD... so, PD prescribed biogaia for baby.. hoping to see results soon...

Chinlee,

yes... yes.. my baby's case similar to yours.. i try to make him poo by holding him up and spreading his legs.. bt no avail..

your baby poo now 3 to 4 days instead of the earlier 14 days... wow... what did you do?

i am also on total bf...

Colic

Hi Mummies, just to share.

My bb gal was very colicky 2 weeks ago. refuses to sleep, cries all the time.

Visited my PD and she recommends us to change our formula milk (previously bb was on Enfalac A+ Stage 1).

Now, we are using Similac Total Comfort Stage 1. It works very well. Bb feeds well, puke less, cry lesser and sleeps well..

On colic ..

My baby girl was also very colicky from 3 weeks to about 2 months old. She would cry at night and would fart all the time. Went to PD and advised us to use ridwind.
She is on Similac Total Formula and PD advised to mix with Friso comfort.
Now baby is better and does not cry as much and does not puke as much. I dont give her ridwind as well. She is almost 3 months now.
happy.gif

Moshimaro: I also couldn't pm you, same prompt as what you've seen for mine I guess. I've changed the settings. Maybe you can try pm me again or change your settings too?
happy.gif
By the way, thanks in advance!

Colic --

My baby started having lotsa wind in his tummy since 1st week & he stretches much more than other babies (according to my PD, could be caused by the discomfort in his tummy too). He was on Similac 1 & PD prescribed Ridwind 1st. However, it didn't help at all.

So later, he was given Motilium & Acolic but also not effective. We then changed his formula milk to Friso Comfort & he ended up with diarrhoea whole night. We got frightened & switched back to Nan Pro 1 which he drank in TMC.

Today, we brought him back to PD & was told to increase the Motilium frequency to 3 times a day. She said that if it also fails, then we might have to try changing his milk to Enfalac AR.

Hi pfshi, biogaia is good i think.. even for older kids who get constipation...
.. ladies lets share on what our little ones are doing?
my DS is abt 9.5 weeks old. she gives me a big grin when i draw up close and she sees my face.. makes my day. she likes to stand on people's lap and coo/vocalize. Motherhood is such a blessing & privilege!
happy.gif

Hi aspialle, i also deliver 3rd jan. same as you, still bfing and no menses.

Is there a Jan13 mummies FB that i can join in?

And can i check how much milk is your darlings drinking at each feed?

yo yo,
Hope you boy gets better soon!

I delivered 5 Jan, still bf and no menses.

Baby taking in 90-100ml, ard 8-9 feeds per day. Feeds are at 2 hr intervals durin day and ard 4 hrs at night.

Aspialle, me lor.
Delivered on 28 jan, lochia cleared for 2 weeks den menses came. I full breastfeeding my boy leh. He's 5.8kg now at 7weeks 2days old. Tink it came back cos he was latching every 2hrs for the first mth, den aft full mth he slps for ant 5hrs stretch at nite. So considered latch less and menses came bk! Same goes for my #1 where menses came bk on 2nd mth aft delivery even thou on full latching. Sian..

Have u all tried trimming your baby's nails? I trimmed my boy's nails with nail scissors till quite short but his nails are still very sharp and will scratch himself if I never put on mittens for him

I delivered on 8 Jan. Lochia lasted abt 1 mth. Recently got spotting (like when menses finishing). I'm still bf-ing too, giving EBM thou not latching.

I stopped letting bb wear mitten frm 8 wks onwards so tt he can train his little fingers. Need to trim frequently

I trimmed away all the white nail growth but even then it's still quite sharp. ESP now that he likes to put his hands to his face, he alr has a couple of minor scratches if we didn't stop him in time

I have also removed mittens booties full time since 8weeks as I have noticed that he uses the back of his hand to rub his face after he had scratched himself few times. But now he have advanced to scratching the top of his head as far as those little arms bring them when he is crying loudly. Pretty cute except for the crying part.

Moshimaro22, is ur baby's head stable yet? Mine also like to stand n sit but the head will still bob around as he try to look ard.. Is it good for their neck to hold the weight of their head so soon? Or should we restrict the time they spend with their head upright?

Hi WknRayen,

My baby's head is pretty stable. doesnt really bob if i hold her below the armpits. I did some exercises with her which seemed to make her neck stiffer (which u can find on baby center i think).. : as she is lying down, use her hands to pull her up slowly, give some time for her neck muscles to slowly straighten the neck. then slowly lie her down again.. don't know if its my imagination but after 3-4 days of doing this, I noticed her neck became straight as she was being lifted up. If the neck not stable yet, better support it with one hand behind..

I remove mitten on 6 wks, has scratches & very deep ones so just to cut often, file the edges.

menses for exclusive bf shld nt be so fast. usually months. even pumping though might be faster.

neck excercise try tummy time. good for bb.

Hi Mummies,

I delivered on 4 Jan. This is my 2nd child. Feel more relaxed and less uptight when taking care of her as compared to my elder son.

Talking about Yu Guo, just brought 2 yo son there few days ago. He never liked the massages, always wailing his head off and attracting stares. But I must say that the massage is effective in bringing his fever down a bit. Have another friend who brings her daughter there, and the effect on fever is almost immediate during the massage.

Thanks for advices!
Wrist wise think better esp without load. Can twist and turn =) Tryin hard to maintain lock wrist posture think that help in recovery.

Will play with baby 'Train his neck' =) and finally can see some neck lol when just born really cant find his neck. Yup lots of tummy time cos tats the only way he will sleep in the day.

And so far I have been sprayed by his pee, poo and mucus =*

Bdmummy,
My baby drinking pattern is like yours. He still wake up at night for milk every 3-4 hours.

Xycartx,
I stop letting my baby wear mittens since full month. he dun really like to wear them, but his nails grow very fast , got to trim every 2-3 days. He scratched his nose a few times too, tried to let him wear mittens before I can cut his nails when he sleeps n he got so angry n started crying n waving his hands around.

I luvcookie, my boy drinking abt 120 ml abt 2 to 3 hrs during day and his last feed is ard 11 plus pm , next feed ard 5 am. During night v hard to grasp how much he drinks, as he may doze off... Sometimes 160 ml as interval too far apart but sometimes 100 doze off...

Mittens
Thanks mummies for your sharing. I stop letting my boy wear mittens during the day now esp since he's starting to keep licking his hands and rubbing his face. Will have to make sure he doesn't scratch his face. But will still let him wear when he sleeps at night.

Sylvia, you file your bb's nails with the filer that we use?

Sylvia,
Yes. I still need a few contacts for good CL in case they can't make it. Mine is actually too last minute & many CLs might be booked already.

Jus to share, my boy drinking ard 150ml every 3h.. Ard 6 feeds per day cos he slp thru the night for 9-10h since 6wk.. But due to this I think his weight gaining slower than those bb who are not sleeping thru at night, he's only 4.8kg at 2mths checkup.. At 25th percentile only.. Am nw trying to beef him up more..

Took mittens n socks off during daytime since 6wks only at night then wear cos of Aircon n scratches..but daytime also hve scratches! Bb nw at 10wks n started munching on his fingers already n lots of saliva.. Neck still nt very steady yet, hates tummy time will scream like we torturing him so cun stay very long each session.. Any idea hw to tackle this?

Serene,
For the very first time ever, bb slept thru last night - last feed was at 11pm and he only woke up at 6.30am for milk. Haha dunno if only one time thingy or will continue!

Any mummies planning to start to mix rice cereal into milk for your bb?

My mil said can start at 3 mths but I'm abit apprehensive.

Xycartx,
Their intestines are not very well developed yet that's why best to start solids only from 6 mths (unless for some reason bb does not drink milk well). Thus better not to add rice cereal to milk till later on.

Hi, anyone with older kids abt 2 years who don't eat well? Do you fortify they milk with brown rice powder etc? My older kid eats only with alot of toys to distract him, and then hardly takes half. any advice on how to add nutritious stuff to their milk?

Bdmummy,
That's very good! Hope ur baby can continue to sleep thru. I still waiting lor. I will feed him milk while he is sleeping at 1am n hope he will sleep thru after that but he will still wake up at around 3-4am for another feeding so still quite impossible for his last feed to be at 11pm....

Moshimaro22,
My coming to 3yo boy eats rather well, but when he dropped from 25th to 10th percentile in weight, the dietician at KKH asked me to up his milk powder (still keeping same amt of water) by 50% - this is based on a calculation they did with his intake of milk per day of ard 700ml on Mamil Gold. After 3 mths his weight went back up to 25th percentile and they tell me to continue for another 3 mths. So adding more milk powder is one option
happy.gif

Xycartx,
Read that earliest to add any cereal to milk must be 4mths so try to push mil to delay till then if she is still very insistent. Tell mil that PD says dun add cereal de!

Serene,
He just woke up at 5.30am for milk
happy.gif
read that nice baby hits 5kg they hv enough reserves to lat them through the night. You can try to reduce the amount of milk for the feed that u wanna eliminate and increase the volume for the feeds during the day before he sleeps. But I know sometimes this is also not within our control coz my #1 only slept through the night from 8mths!

Back