(2013/01) Jan 2013

Hi sgtwist, my baby boy was born on 22 dec and he's now 10 weeks old.. yes, he has colic.. sigh.. my bp is normal now.. cleared after the last gynae chk. Though got headache and giddy spells.. seems like the bp medicines have made me low blood bp instead. -.-""

Hi Joey n sgtwist

My bb was also a premie born at 35weeks 3day.. He is only 1.7kg at birth. Both of urs have gd weight as compared to mine.. My boy just can't absorbed when in my tummy no matter hw much I eat.. He also no need to stay in incubator but was in nicu for two weeks to hit 2kg before discharge.. Anyway glad tat our babies are strong n healthy now!!
happy.gif

Hi Joey,
Ur baby is one week older than mine. Mine was born 27 Dec.
happy.gif

Is he on any colic drops now?

Hi Precious,
Glad to hear that ur baby is doing well now.
When did u give birth?

Moms, what are your thoughts on?
1. Putting baby on pacifier.
2. How is your milk supply?

Hi sgtwist

He is born on 30 nov 12 though my edd was beginning of jan13. Now he is 13 weeks old..

Did u try ridwind for colic? My boy was on ridwind previously but nw I din give him anymore though on n off he will hv wind in tummy..

I wonder hv all babies sleep thru the nite? Mine still wake up 2hrly.. N tat is super tiring!! During day time he can sleep 2.5 to 3hr before asking for milk.. I wonder why nite time he can't..

I give pacifier when he trying hard to sleep but it keep dropping off.. So nw I dun give le.. It's also v tiring to keep waking up n put the pacifier back into his mouth.. Haha

My elder son is down with fever for 4 days, went Kkh for blood test. Last night his fever shoot up 39 degree, given panadol and bullet. Funny thing is bullet drop out he tells me,"mama I think I poo poo"... Then I push in again, was sponging him and doing night feeding for baby. Slept less than 3 hrs, day time still busy with cooking and laundry. Hopefully it will all pass quickly. Wishing for days where both are grown up and I can go travelling !

Sgtwist, the pd did not give me any colic drops. I bought rid wind over the counter at guardian pharmacy. I did not give baby pacifier cos I had difficulty in letting my #1 quit over it previously.. My baby on BM during the day and FM at night..

Aspialle, I'm also looking forward to the time where I can go travelling too.. Thought could go when my #1 and #2 are bigger.. Who knows #3 came along and I have to wait a little longer again..

Aspialle
Baby got the virus from my older boy who attends childcare.
It is dangerous for infants < 3 months as the virus will attack the lungs. PD says it takes minimum 10 to 14 days to recover.
sad.gif
i dunno how many days we need to stay in the hospital still. But for adults and older babies, they have the immune system to fight this virus.

Mommy g, my elder son also sick and fever many days. I also scared he will pass to bb, keep asking him to wear mask and cannot enter bb room. I have to look after both myself , a bit tough. Hope ur bb get well soon.

Just need to vent.. My baby has been refusing to drink his milk while he's awake. He'll cry and twist and turn the minute the bottle reach his mouth. He doesn't even cry for milk alr, as if he's not hungry at all. The only way is to dream feed him when he's in deep sleep. I really dunno how long this will go on for
sad.gif

Is it due to confusion of nipple and bottle? If it is then bb needs time to adapt, maybe u can try folding a handkerchief and put under his chin when feeding. My bb can recognize the steps, whenever handkerchief comes he will open his mouth

My bb doesn't latch so I express out so bb all along has been bottle fed. Yes, my bb recog the handkerchief step and will gradually start to struggle and cry cos he knows it's feeding time
sad.gif

Xycartx, perhaps baby needs time to adjust? The taste of BM and FM is different.. Hence, ur baby might be adjusting to the change of milk initially. Was force feeding been adopted earlier? This could also be one of the reason that he's scared when it is feeding time.

i think my baby has colic because she has been crying at night around the same time. i have done all that i could, get ridwind, fei zai shui, massage, burping, pacifier, etc but it doesn't help. she will keep crying.

help!

Jaslyn, if colic.. maybe it'll help if u could carry the baby upright. Place her on ur tummy and pat.. otherwise, bring her on a car ride. It might soothe her.. colic will cause baby to cry for about 3 hours

Hi jaslyn, not sure if u believe it or not, go 拜拜 for ur bb if u r buddhist/taoist. my girl cried every night for one mth plus till my mom helped me go bai bai for her. she is ok on that day my mom bai bai for her. but still up to u to believe it though.

@joey, ya, she will cry about at least an hour. i try to carry baby upright and pat her, only temporary. she will start crying when i put her down.

@sushi, yea i am a Buddhist. i think my mom did pray.

just brought baby to see doc today for not wanting to drinking milk. doc said that i may have overfed my baby. i'm giving him 130ml abt 4hrly. he's currently 10 weeks old and weighs 6.4kg... doc said he's quite big and shd have "reserves" to last longer feeding interval. does it really work this way?? i thought 4 hrly is already quite long

Xycartx, some babies take some time to digest the milk. Whereas some are fast. Esp FM takes a longer time to digest too. If baby is growing up well as well as regular pee and poo, it should be ok. If this is the case, u can feed on demand.. Just make sure baby is not dehydrated can liao

Jaslyn, if this is the case, put baby in carrier.. Easier for u.. There is no cure for colic. You can only take measures to soothe it. But, don't worry. baby will outgrow it.

xycartx (xycartx)

Try to analyses the feeding amount and time.

Every week is different for my situation.

Keep trying to adapt to the changes.

Hope you are doing well with baby now?

Jan Mom, he seems to be drinking lesser and lesser even with longer deeding intervals. He was twisting and turning at 4.30am earlier so I fed him. He only finished abt 90ml and refused to continue... Not even dream feeding. Sigh. Really dunno wat to do with him

Hi xycartx

It is ok for babies not to drink at night or finish their milk as some might be able to sleep through already or they are just suckling for comfort..
Just make sure that ur baby is getting enough milk during day time.. My baby only drink 40ml - 80ml during night feeds. If can, I would just pat him back to sleep but he cry too loud at night I scare he wakes up my gal so gotta feed him milk.. just hope he can sleep thru soon as he wake up every 2hrly.. During day time he is drinking 120ml every 3hrly..

Thanks Precious!
He's actually not taking enough even during the day to meet the min. qty required for his weight (according to the formula 150ml x weight). I just hope that he really has enough nutrition

For 10 weeks old, above 6 kg is really big!

my baby also on bigger end, can tahan longer interval too, sometimes 4 hrly.

nowadays, he only wake up once around 2.30 am for night feeding then wait till abt 6am then i will BF again

past days were crazy, with my son sick staying home, i have to take care during day and night time. luckily he is back to school and student care. Besides going to mil house, i am imprison at home with baby...not even going downstairs. i haven got time to go salon, my hair is in a mess, my tummy still looks like 5 month. when i dont look gd , i dont feel gd thus dont even want to step out of the house....

Jan Mum,
Welcome to the forum
happy.gif

Aspialle,
Glad things are better for you... Same here, I do not go out of house too and have to settle my bf and lunch on my own (dinner is tingkat) - only exception on weekdays is when my part time cleaner comes by each Thur coz she will offer to keep an eye on baby while I go out to buy some groceries and tabao lunch, just out for a short half an hour. Haha, end up save more $ coz will not dine out on weekdays and bring #1 to mall to gai gai anymore.

Xycartz,
Dun worry, our little ones will not starve themselves de. Their stomachs are quite tiny, only size of their fist. It is normal for your boy to slow down his milk intake esp if he is slightly bigger so has more reserves. It is also normal if they do not want to drink too much milk at 1 go. My 9 week old boy used to take 100ml every 2 hrs, but now he is only taking about 90ml every 2-2.5 hrs during the day, middle of night only wake up at 4am to drink once and next feed will be ard 7am. On the brighter side, your boy drinking every 4 hrs means you have more time in between his feeds for doing things!

Jaslyn,
Jiayou... very heartpain when they cry. hope your little one outgrows this crying phase soon.

bdmummy

envy u still have part time cleaner, my hb wants to save $ so i am doing everything myself.

there is once my son tells me, mama becos you do a lot of things, i thought you are the maid....

Aspialle,
Tell your boy you are not the maid, you are SuperMum!!!
happy.gif

Catherine,
My part time cleaner only wanna work ard Bishan/Amk coz she prefers to walk from her home rather than travel, plus she not in need of $ so not intending to take on more jobs for now.

LDG,
I recently signed up for tingkat with Kim's Kitchen, for 4 dishes plus rice. Find the soup so so only thus prefer 4 dishes. They hv a 5 day trial at a special price of $40 w/o rice or $43 w rice, u can try first. Not too bad, food no msg and also not too oily or salty, suits my 3 yo boy too. After reading quite a lot of reviews the other not too bad one seems to be Empire but I hv not tried them yet, haha maybe next time when I get tired of eating the current one.

Xycartx, 150ml is just a general guideline.. Some babies might be drinking lesser. If ur baby is not drinking so much at one go, perhaps u can try giving lesser amount at a shorter interval? Not all babies follow the 150ml guidelines.. As long as baby is growing well, it is ok one.

Xycartx, ya. my baby is also drinking lesser than the general guideline. but she compensate the amount with more frequency. we went for checkup and she is gaining weight and growing well. so the PD also says it is okay.

dont be too stress up
happy.gif
anyway, my baby is only drinking 100ml every 3hrs

xycartz,
my bb depends leh, if he does not doze off he can drink 150 ml after 4 hrs but sometimes if he drinks lesser, e.g. 80 to 100 ml then he may cry for milk after one hour or two, as long as he demands we give him milk. if he is satisfied he will push the teat out so we let it be as he is "hamburger" with double chin already. lolz

Haiz but my boy doesn't seem to be hungry.. I haven't heard him cry for milk for a long time alr. We just continue to feed him every 3.5-4 hrs. He'll always struggle for awhile and refuse to drink when we put in the bottle into his mouth... After that then he's willing to start drinking. I hope I'm not force feeding him.

Hi xycartx, my gal is 8 weeks and drink abt 140 to 150ml every 3 to 4 hrs...think you nv overfed him, as long as your boy din vomit out then should be fine! Maybe you observe first and see how again.... Dun stress out! ;)

Hi little dragon girl, I tried empire for their 10 days trial..both lunch n dinner for 1 pax, lunch is 3 dish n 1 soup and dinner is 4 dish! Total is 187.30....with rice n microwave box! I can say the food is so so only...sometimes nice sometimes not nice! Our house got microwave? Cos most of the times...the food already cold and need to warm up! U can give it a try though....
happy.gif

Baby's Age vs Weight

Hi Mummies, my baby is currently at week 7 (beginning) and 3 days ago she was 4.80kg. PD did mention that her weight gain is excellant.

How does one determine the ideal weight whether at a particular age (weeks)?

Personal view is that, as long as baby is feeding well, no sickness, no over chubbiness, any weight gain is good... Moreover, some babies could have heavier bones than other babies thus may appear to be heavier when compared with other babies of the same age.

Mummydt,
Just need to monitor baby's weight and height during the usual pd / doctor visits will do. More importantly the doc will see if baby is within a certain percentile range consistently coz any ups and downs may be cause for concern eg mu niece was consistently at 25th percentile and that is perfectly fine! Usually if baby can eat/drink well, sleep well, urine n poo well, baby is doing well!
happy.gif

Rugirly,
Is the tingkat from Empire salty or oily?

mummydt

as u hv written feeding well, no sickness, poo &amp; pee &amp; sleep well , any weight is good. as genetic some are small in size etc just like adults.

mummies, does your babies struggle when bottlefed?

lately i have been having a hard time feeding my baby.. she struggles alot. like hands push and legs kick. drinks abit and continue to struggle and cry.

Back