(2013/01) Jan 2013

Jos - don't worry it will get better, my bleeding is intermittent, only happens when i gag too hard and the throat has a burning sensation thereafter. u on any medication?

MTBs,
have u fed ur bb lunch?

gosh I'm so breadthless after walking back to office frm lunch place...

Thur mid-day le, hang on & tml is TGIF liao!

JIAYOU all mummuies who are (also) suffering frm MS and others etc signs.

hello all,

Im in my week 11, next thursday is my oscar scan.

My Edd: 10 Jan 2012
Gynae: Dr Tham
Hospital: TMC
expecting #2

same thoughts as Genric, we could create a secret FB page.. we can organise spree etc there.

excited about my oscar my week, i hope the sonographer is able to guess the gender of my baby..
happy.gif

anyway, i find it strange, Dr Woody did not send me for oscar when i have my no 1. but Dr Tham is sending me, so i was wondering if it is compulsory to do oscar.. it not cheap eh..

crystalJC,
it's not compulsory... OSCAR is an optional test done during 1st trim.

btw there is indeed a FB grp created by careling earlier... I copy her post below bah...

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Anyone interested to join fb closed discussion group 2013 mummy .

This a a secret group so your friends will not see any posting from this discussion group

Please add me in facebook at [email protected]

Hi ladies
How's everyone's appetite doing? :D

Eating
My first two pregnancies I could eat anything at the word go. For today I only ate one prata kosong (made it real crispy and baked it further.. Crazy) and a sausage... Not nutritious at all but I can't stomach anything soupy now... Reckon I'll do aglio olio for dinner and see how my appetite goes...

Oscar
Think there are a number of us not doing it
happy.gif
, and no, it's not compulsory...

halo mummies,

i am so worried now after received a call from the clinic that my blood test result for OSCAR was no good.. i have to go and see my gynae asap... going to see her tomorrow... sob sob...

oh no, now im fickle minded, i thought now its becomes compulsory to do.. feel like canceling my oscar apptment
sad.gif
can save i will save cos for no 1 gynae didnt send me for it.

but whats the diff between oscar at 3rd mth and detail scan at 5th month?

those with Dr Tham did opt out too?

crystal:: basically..these tests for down syndrome is totally optional, decisions by parents if they want to do.

oscar (= one-stop clinic for assessment of risk.) is combi of 2 tests out of 3.

1 - NT scan (scanning, measurement of the neck thickness)
2 - blood test
3 - amniotic fluid

oscar is part 1 + part 2. there are 2 stages whn ppl do these tests:
1 - NT scan @ 11-14wks + blood @ 11-14wks = 90% accurate (no mc risk)
2 - NT scan @ 11-14wks + blood @ 15-20wks = 80% accurate (no mc risk)
3 - amniotic fluid @ 15-20wks = 99.8% accurate (however 0.5% miscarriage)

these test are totally on own will de.

as for detail scan.. i tink they check other developments like head crown measurement, thigh bone length, fingers, toes, etc..

but hor.. actually im not that sure oso la.. bahaha.. cos my first preg was a multiple preg, so i only did NT scan..without blood. (accordingly to sonographer..the tally chart is for singleton, so will not be accurate for multiples.)

Appetite
Super good! Can eat anytime and repeatedly, if time permits. Subject to cravings for specific food from specific places.

OSCAR
Blood test and scan booked for 14 July, in week 13/14. Want to be mentally prepared if anything doesn't look right. Also, it seems from the mummies here that the OSCAR can indicate gender of the baby? Looking forward to that!

Pregnancy photography
Is anyone here going for a photoshoot in the 3rd trimester?

syyy,
m interested n thinking of the maternity photoshoot. any lobangs? wann ask my friend but haven 3mth cannot ask... =(

Thanks Ah bui for the clear explanation, I get a clearer picture now! Ok, tonight discuss with hubby, then likely I will cancel my apptment next week… just go for the 5th mth scan.

syyy and purple rain, me! i will be interested to take maternity photoshoot. i will be engaging my photographer who did my ROM and actual day wedding photography for me. but i have not check on the pricing yet cause haven 3months. haha if you are interested you can take a look at his work. no advertising for him cause i personally find he is good and he is a free lance photographer
happy.gif

http://www.melvinho.biz/blog/

oh! melvin ho! din know he do maternity shoot too.. he's quite gd at wedding pix.

hmm i saw my friend done in m'sia very artistic n i like but haven ask her for the contact... suppose if take in m'sia should b cheaper due to x'change rate bah?

yup melvin does maternity and family shoots as well. he's very friendly and funny too so i plan to engage him for my maternity shoot too haha.

CrystalJC

i also with Dr Tham and my oscar is next wed.. oscar test is to calculate the risk of down syndrome and 2 other syndromes. thinking whether to do as Im in my 30s liao.. just scared of those false results.

<font color="119911">Wendy: Most likely they will ask you to consider taking the amniotic test to be 99% sure of the result, but it's ultimately your decision. I have frens who have negative results from Oscar but positive results from amniocentesis

MTBs: If you are thinking of taking the shoot in our 3rd trimester, best that you dun do it at the last mth as our tummy will start to "droop" as baby turns and get engaged. Personal opinion from my #1 shoot, tummy dun look nice. </font>

LDG, thanks for the tip! Was thinking of the final month at first cos that's when tummy willbe biggest but will go for an earlier date now..

Jo, I found a few studios that specialize in preggy and newborn shots and think I will go with Studio Loft... But if see something else in the meantime may change my mind..
happy.gif
just looking around still cos first trimester only.

Missy, thanks! Will check it out!

btw is there any correlation btw ms n gender of baby? my first got bad ms n is baby girl..
my 3 colleagues got no ms turns out all boy..

<font color="119911">Jos: Not sure if there's really a correlation, but I have no MS for #1 who is a boy!
happy.gif

Besides no ms for #1, I oso had craving for spicy stuff like curry, laksa, bryani, etc

This round quite different, got ADS and no craving at all! Hopefully the sonographer is accurate!
Should know the answer by next month!
happy.gif
</font>

I didn't get any ms for both #1, and #2, and they turned out to be a boy and a girl, now I'm losing appetite all day long so I'm not sure what it'll be lol..

Wendy
How old are you? The test is not definitive, please dont worry too much.

I also have no ms for my boy... This time round also no puking but feel neausa most of the time... Hope it's a ger so that can close shop
happy.gif

Crystal, icyjo
I'm opting out of Oscar. I think it depends a lot on your age. I'm 35 this year, and I think Oscar has lower accuracy 35 up. I'm not gamed for the false scares. Anyway, whatever the result, we know we'll keep the child. So 20 weeks on is sufficient time to do any prep.

I think it boils down to whether you want to keep a child with the trisomies or not. DS is trisomy 18 (I think), and Oscar picks up the different trisomy - #. Will you abort if the child has a trisomy deficiency? If you will, then go for it all, if not, then why even bother with Oscar (talking about those above 35 like me.)

My gynae is open about this. He mentioned that Oscar gives a percentage. If we're determined to keep the child and not go for amnio, then no point going for Oscar. Coz bad result will only worry you unnecessarily. He calls these cases 'itchy backside', test already then worry worry then don't want amnio etc...

Iya all easier said than done. I'm worried how I can handle everything if my child turns out with any trisomy #. It'll turn out fine eventually, and God will always be there, but I'm still chicken heart, cold feet lah.

Crystal and icyjo, Dr Tham's nurses booked Oscar very early cos they know that the appts will be fully taken up very fast. He told me that it is allright not to go in the event if I don't want to go for it cos I told him that I might want to go for amino instead. As I mentioned before, I know of someone who given birth to DS baby despite good Oscar result. So this kind of thing is really fated. But like what fullhouse quoted, I itchy backside.. I just want to know even thou I have no faith in it. Don't noe why:p

Fullhouse, I salute u
happy.gif
I'm not brave to keep.

<font color="119911">friends: I'm with you...
I oso do not have the courage and nobleness to keep shd I knw baby will hv DS. Will be too much for me to handle i thk and what will happen to the child when we leave the world?
This is just my personal view...

But if Oscar can give very gd results and yet still ended with DS baby, I guess will just have to accept the fate.

May we all be blessed with smooth pregnancies &amp; healthy babies!
happy.gif
</font>

LittleDragonGirl - thanks for sharing with me. i guess i will have to wait till tmr and see what my gynae have to say. most ppl told me if i am not going to give up the baby eventhough the result is bad then no point doing amino test.

Fullhouse (chipsnchops) - I am turning 34 this year and this is my #2. din expect to have such outcome from the oscar test coz the NT scan was good as we were told, so a bit taken by surprise. Maybe i shouldnt have taken the oscar test knowing that watever the result i wont bring myself to abort the baby. like ur gynae said, itchy backside

anyway thanks for all the encouragement and advise.. shall patiently till tmr and see what my gynae advise me to do...

i keep telling my baby you must jia you with mummy, mummy will never give up on you, dont you worry. hopefully everything turns out well.

Wendy

LDG, my #1 is boy and I craved for spicy food too!! had MS only after dinner for 1st trim.. this one MS like mad.. sian..

Wendy, my friend had not good result for Oscar but Amino result was good, BB is fine. don't worry, ur baby will be fine!

OSCAR Test
I am 37 this year..i had been hesitating whether to take oscar test or animo test..end up i decided to take oscar test first..pray hard for good result.

Re: Oscar Test
will we know the result of Oscar test immediately? how long do we need to wait before we know the result?

hi hi mummies, long time no log in!
#1 is down with fever, flu and cough.. mummy here is also down (in spirits) while taking care of her

MAternity PS
I took with Studio Loft when I was preggy w #1, took it when I was 7+ months... so i suggest do it whilein your 3rd trim but no the last month.. coz I/, quite heng, 2 week s after the PS I had rashes on my tummy till give birth!
THe pics turn out so nice till I spend add $500 to buy all the shots, hahahah!!!!

Oscar test, I'm 34 with #2 but my gynae did not give me th option to go or not to go with Oscar test leh! So I'm booked for this test on 5 July ;-)

Friends, ldg
Call it foolhardiness lah. Lol. One step at a time :D

I'm those super chicken heart cold feet one ;)

Hammiebao
Wow you still look pretty good at 38 weeks!

Meet ups in July?
Anyone interested? If you guys want a weekend think might have to start discussing the meet up
happy.gif
, else many with older children may not be able to make it. Also it'll be nice to go to a place we can get up and move around? Then can get to know all the mummies
happy.gif

Not to scare you mummies, but my SIL just had miscarriage 2 months back at WK 15 after animo test. There is a risk involved.

I desperately need to get new clothes, pants are getting tight. Everyday, struggle not knowing what to wear. Must do some shopping this weekend!

Maternity PS
I think Studio Loft is good too, loves their shots! The price is reasonable too...
Any idea how much is per photo if purchase out of the package?

missy

for the scan, you will know the results immediately, the sonographer or doc will explain to you

as for the blood test, it takes about 2-3 days

Back