(2012/06) Jun 2012

Advice needed:

Tummy Girdle where its attached by velcro OR
Panties with the girdle option?
See pics below for reference

My concern is that the tummy girdle (non panty type) will roll up and down and more restrictive that i may end up removing it.

P.S. I am opting for natural

7061264.jpg

7061265.jpg

Smilezz: I love love love coconut water. But i only drink once a week first as my body constitution isn't very heaty to begin with before preg but i plan to change to twice a week when i hit week 37! 2 more weeks to go haha.

Herbs: I think we will probably buy the herbs once i hit week 36 going to 37.

Seems like my next week onwards will be bz bz with the Motherhood Fair and loads of lunch/dinner dates plus pedicure, hair cut, facial.

Morning mummies... just came in to office after gynae visit this morning.

Baby is now roughly 2.7kg at 34 weeks 5 days
happy.gif
Doc says he estimates that he will be around 3.5kg at birth. So far put on another 1.4kg, so I'm happy.. since I thought I ate a lot these few days! Haven't been controlling my diet very strictly also.

Sunbelle, you missed me ah? :p

Re ruyi oil, I don't think there's a difference? You're not suppose to apply direct on the baby anyway. Just put a few drops on your hands and rub, then apply hands on the baby's tummy gently to warm it.

Petrina, I finally opened my Medela Freestyle to see the contents... it's like so complicated.. I asked my hubby to read the instruction booklet and then tell me how to assemble :p

Ssmilezz, I got my coconut juice.. 24 cans in all! Shared a 500ml can with hubby on Sat.. it's nice for this weather. Wish I could drink more!

Kadice

Maybe cos during the 2nd trimester we were really busy cheonging and busy buying stuffs. During that time, almost every weekend was burnt. So now at least can sit back and relax a bit.

Jul

Your MIL coming to help you issit? I left it to my MIL to settle the herbs. She says she will help “monitor” the marketing for food too so she can “control” what the CL uses etc. MIL only coming over to stay for a few days while I am in the hospital so she can take care of my dogs and prepare stuffs (I dunno what). Thereafter, I dunno how often she will come – maybe on and off every few days or what.

I seldom cook at home so not much cooking stuffs la…plus u know those sauces, etc, cannot keep for long – will end up expiring.

Oops..you are right, it’s the next weekend. Hahaha..I got confused. This weekend, I need to send my dogs for grooming. I’m supposed to cut my hair this week leh, but haven’t called to make any appointment. So busy at work –dunno if I can take half day to go do my own stuffs.

I want the fernguek! Hehe..I totally forgot about it. Pai sei pai sei. I need to transfer the money over first to you.

ML

I am 36 weeks today. I was thinking of taking my ML maybe in early Jun. Then take maybe 1.5 weeks before EDD. My granny was commenting that my tummy still looks high. She says “not yet not yet la”. LOL!

Nattan: Welcome back after your check! 2.7kg at 34 weeks 5 days is good. What's your total weight gain to date?

Mine is 2.1kg at roughly the same period but because i am shorter and narrower hips not advisable to exceed 3kg for natural birth.

Ru Yi Oil
I went for the antenatal class and they organized extra FOC session. This baby massage lady said cannot use ru yi oil for massage. But i guess if baby colic just put a bit can right?

Medela: Mine is the mini electric pump i also feel complicated. Parts so placticky yet costs so much!

Fleurfleur, yeah.. I'm happy with baby's weight.. my total weight gain to date is about 15+ kg. Doc says everything is on track.

Re ruyi oil, it's NOT for massage, too hot and spicy.. it's more for warming the tummy in case of colic or gas. For massage, use simple odourless oils like grapeseed oil, jojoba or olive oil is fine. Don't use essential oils until baby is older and even so, use a very diluted one like 1 drop of lavender to a tbsp.

Nattan

Good to know that your checkup went well. Looks like our babies are around the same size. Hehe..mine was 2.9kg at week 35. She’s putting on like 200G per week. Will see how much more she put on when I go for my checkup on Wed. Gynae also said likely to be 3kg+ baby for sure for me. My hips are rather big so I hope they come in useful for natural birth.

Ru Yi Oil

Not for baby all over massage. It’d be too hot! Yikes. More for the tummy area and helping with the wind/colic problems. Most babies will fart while u rub their tummies during ru yi oil. Hehe

Lunch time

Heading out to tabao my lunch now. Buy back but dunno what to eat. Hmmmm….doesn’t help that I have a training from 4pm onwards today.

fleur

IMO I wouldn't wanna 'bao' my under there with the girdle with all the lochia leh. So difficult to change pads!

hopecg

Yup yup, thanks! Will let you know
happy.gif

smilezz

Alamak quickly quickly gimme ur address, else I may pop b4 I send it to you haha

Yeah I also dun really cook, so dun have all those sauces stuff also. My MIL won't be staying over. But dunno whetehr she wants to help me buy all those things for confinement. if not, worse come to worse, ask CL to buy lor.

Baby Size

I managed to squeeze out my son at 2.6kg, but he had a big head. Now No2 is 2.6kg, but has a normal head. So hopefully he stays within 3kg. Dun want big baby leh - anyway I dun have problem with 'fragile-looking babies'.

Ssmilezz, ya.. also hope my hips will come in useful for natural birth.. actually 3+kg is a good size. I really don't wish my boy to be too small or else hard to handle. Around 3.5-3.7kg is ok.

My hubby had a funny dream.. he said the baby could talk to him when he was just born.. hahaha.. But my colleague also told me, even if babies cannot articulate their feelings, they can understand when you talk to them. She said last time her baby daughter was so angry when she left home to buy something without bringing her that she cried non-stop and glared at her when she returned. After that, she told the baby whenever she needed to go out and she was calm :p So must talk to your babies ya...

Jul, 2.6kg is still ok esp if you're not big sized yourself. Since my hubby and I are tall, we expect baby to be tall also. Anyway, it's just estimates.. could be less than what we expect, cos my boss' gynae also told her that her baby would be 3.1kg at birth, but ended up much lighter.

Colic baby
Ruyi Oil works better or need to buy the Gripe water? I haven't buy any of those...tink can send hubby out to buy when baby arrives la.

My friend posted a clip of her daughter smiling during her dream..only 6 days old. So our babies are now capable of having sweetdreams or nitemares le...wonder wat will they be dreaming of hor.

Gynea always estimate weight...so it may come out heavier or lighter. I always crave for sweet drinks recently..hope dun put on too much...also need to beware of GD.

Hi Jul,

yeah i have attended the prenatal class by WBB. but at that point of time din tink so muchie cos is alreadly 7 plus so maybe mind oso not workign hehehe now then tink of all these questions hahaha...

hi petrina,

you are right hehehe i will try out first cos i find that the price for one medela breastshield is $31.50 and if you need to buy two is alrealdy more than 60 dollars lor hahaha oso dun noe whether flows comes in by then hehe
happy.gif

hi nattan,

envy your baby's weight hehee cos i oso wanna pump up baby's weight hehee
happy.gif
yeah been eating durians and drinking lots of milk too... hehe

hi nattan,

you can watch the medela video online on how to assemble the parts. ehhe is quite clear and i so blur that i dun noe how to use handsfree. they have videos in medela website to guide you too hehee
happy.gif

Nattan, my friend small size, 3.8 kg baby can't come out.. Ended up emergency C-sect.. It's actually quite scary becoz the bigger the baby the more difficult to come out naturally.

Huhu.. Last Saturday I bought almond drink from 7-eleven, and ended up with diarrhea and vomiting! Sigh.. And my piles is getting bigger.
sad.gif

Luckily on Sunday I'm okay already.

And on Saturday my master bedroom aircon spoilt! Leaking water.. Arghh.. Really not my day.
I don't want to cramp in #1 bedroom yet becoz the bed is hard. hahaha.. will sure get backache!
So I stay in my master bedroom to sleep in my beloved Serta bed without aircon! Huhuhu..

Then today go back office, to unpack my things. Turned out someone has already moved my PCs upstairs and set them up, but I don't really like the placement they are setting it out. So in the end I switch the placement myself. Quite heavy monitor/desktop... I have 2 monitors, 1 laptop, 1 desktop.

Prettibride, I think ruyi oil is easier to administer than make baby drink the gripe water.. haha.. but ya can get hubby to get later, no worries. BTW, there really isn't anything called colic.. it's just a term to categorise baby's cries that happen without known reason. Could be due to discomfort, gas, or anything.

Sunbelle, when is your edd again? Try to eat more protein instead of high fat and sugar foods like durian, such as fish, chicken and eggs so that you don't pile up too much excess fat.

Good idea to watch Medela video online.. shall try to do that in the evening or weekend..

Groovy, ya, I was a big baby also so my mum went thru c-sec. But my gynae also said he delivered a 5kg baby naturally before, so it depends on individual. If you're small size, your baby shouldn't be too big for natural delivery.

hey mummies who booked with baby bellies, how do you find thier pre natal maasage?

I went last sat and nothing impressive..seriously am having doubts if thier post natal massages are better...anyone had any tesitimonials from your colleagues before?

pelvic size is impt. mine also 3.4kg, can't get engaged. didn't go birth canal according to gynae upon check of csec cause head too big.
then no dilation too. so this time he insist i kept baby's wt below 3kg.

cramps
keep getting the dull cramp feeling. didn't have contractions naturally for #1. so i also not quite sure what to expect if #2 decides to come.. i feel she's gonna arrive nxt week leh. keep telling my colleagues to be prepared i'll be gone from next monday onwards.

Ate Subway - Cold Cut Trio & 4 Tanglin Pau for lunch. Super duper full!

Petrina, have you felt the baby drop down already? If yes, then possible you may go into labour soon.. if baby is still high, then I don't suppose she will come so quick?

You can really eat! I had bak chor mee and iced kopi after gynae visit. Can't eat anymore..

I'm getting BH and all sorts of stretching sensations since this morning. Really uncomfortable man
sad.gif
Wish I were at home lying down...

Petrina

Is it e very distinctive feeling when the baby drops down ah? The tummy will be much lower right?? Cos I have been feeling more pressure at the bottom pelvis area lately. I’m also worried that my girl’s head will prevent a smooth delivery. Sigh. Guess I’ll walk one step see one step la…

Groovy

Aiyoh, are you feeling better? Is the Almond Drink spoilt? How come end up with tummy ache?

Nattan

The cans of coconut juice arrived? Very fast yah? G Market right? Share with your hubby each time cos I think 500ml is really too much at one go. But it is a godsend to be able to take cold drinks. It’s really very very hot.

Jul

Okay, I PM you my addy first. My MIL worried about the CL any o how buying stuffs I think. Cos the last time when my SIL did her confinement, she was staying at my ILs home so marketing and cooking mostly done by my MIL lor….the CL really take care of baby only. Even washing of clothes, etc…my SIL has a maid to help out. So very fortunate and ho mia. But the CL quite ok la, at the end of the confinement, she actually gave the maid some $$ to thank her for helping out with the cleaning and washing.

CL

Those with CL, have u guys called them up to remind them of your impending delivery?

Lunch

I had veg bee hoon today. Ended up in a long Q cos today is CHU YI I think.

@blessed how's babybellies failing your expectations. I have been having my massage there for the past 6 months and I enjoyed it. Having one more tommorow.

Ssmilezz, ya I got my coconut juice via Gmarket. The delivery was supposed to be fast, but in the end waited half a day for them to arrive :p Yes, I share the drink with my hubby cos 1 can actually contains 2 servings. It's very refreshing on a hot day
happy.gif

BTW, Goon is on sale at Gmarket again.. $89 for pack of 4. I'm not getting anymore cos I have no space to put the diapers already :p Anyway I think such sales will come again...

i just bought the GOON sale. last week someone posted $98.90 for the same company.. then this week went down to $89.00
This is domestic production. not same as the GOON supreme sold by Diapers.com.sg.
But i googled and realized that the JPN domestic version is supposed to be better and more exp.. So i dunno leh..
I just bought 1 set of 4pks anyway.. Hope the quality is good.

Dunno abt dropping. But i had urgency to poop today 2x. lower tummy super itchy as compared to upper tummy.
managed to eat more today too. had mcds breakfast and 1 rum ball from HANS cafe.
then lunch so heavy too. maybe more space for food if baby really dropped downwards?
Dun feel too breathless today too. heartbeat slowed down abit compared to last few weeks.

how to tell if tummy has dropped down? i have been having very bad pelvic pain whenever i try to turn/change position when im lying down..now seem to have worsen..

nattan: im feeling all the discomfort too..keep having those sensations in my stomach...dunno how to desbribe, like movement..stretching..blahblah..

smilezz

I got your address
happy.gif

Wah your CL gd life. Hope she realises u dun have a maid hehe

Erm.. Coz I go thru TMC, not freelancer. Anything, I just call TMC. We just communicated a couple of days back also. She will be ready for me by 1 Jun - hopefully I dun pop early!

petrina

Hiaz! I had contractions for No2, but still dun remember how it feels like haha

groovy

Alamak! If my aircon breaks down now, I'll be super duper stressed.

Glad u're ok now. Guess the food poisoning worsened your piles.

nattan

I'm not exactly big, but not small either. Still, I'd prefer not to have any complications that could result in a Csec. I'm kiasi!

Goon Diapers

Hmm.. guess I'll just stick to Mamy Poko since it serves me well for No1. Very lazy to order from gmarket, wait for delivery etc. Just order all the diapers & FM thru that Kim Sang online shop & get delivery.

Petrina, when is your next gynae visit? Doc should be able to tell if your baby descended already. Good that you feel less breathless...perhaps baby has moved down slightly so there's less pressure on your diaphragm.

Re Goon, I think made in Sg is still acceptable la. So long as the material and absorbency are similar, it's quite a good deal.

Kadice, ya... same as me lo... my baby has turned from facing left to right, so that's pretty big movement and I could literally feel him turn inside. Try those breathing exercises - slow inhale and exhale... helps a bit. Also ask your baby not to kick too much
happy.gif

Jul, don't worry too much la.. subsequent births are suppose to be faster and easier. My colleagues with 2 kids or more all say that. My Malay colleague even better.. she gave birth while her hubby was still sorting out admissions at the hospital! Took her only 30min to deliver her #3! My pastor's wife gave birth at home before ambulance came... So don't worry la.. yours should be faster and easier than #1.

nattan

Faster is one thing. Whether cervix can dilate is another hehe.

Anyway I'm not so worried lah. I'm trusting God to take care of all my needs. I was so worried abt the CL issue for a while but he also came through for me. Was struggling with whether to have No2, but he also same through. he will provide everything
happy.gif

nattan: gynae gave me this sat.. but i got family shots this sat morning from groupon..
so i need to reschedule to friday morning. hope he got slot.

Jul

Yah that time the CL had a good time lor..I upfront told her my house also got my hub and me. Don’t have outside help so will be different. She says ok cos she’s also not used to having so many people around the house. She spends most of the time in the room anyway.

My sis’s aircon broke down over the weekend – she tried calling the repairman. Wah, all of them say too busy to take appointments unless willing to pay extra. Now their business super good la.

What will be will be I guess. No matter how we plan – not going to help much at the end of the day when it comes to giving birth!

GOON

I don’t have space to store already. Plus I think if I do get, I should be getting probably M size instead.

Just had some birthday dept celebration in my office. Ate a slice of chocolate cake – now feeling super grossed by the chocolate taste. Feel like eating some other food to “mask” the taste

Jul, ya just trust God to take care of everything.. it's all His timing and His will. Usually if your cervix can dilate for the first one, shouldn't have problem for subsequent births, right? For my friend's case, she can't dilate at all for her #1 so had a c-sec to deliver her 4kg baby.

Ssmilezz, you don't like chocolate cake? I love cake, esp chocolate!!

I just had a char siew soh, egg tart and siew mai for tea break :p Such a glutton...

No mood to work after lunch so decided to spend some time packing my cubicle. Goodness! Didn't realise I've so much junk!

guess what...my maternity shots supposed to be this sat, the photographer just contacted me that they have to cancel it as they are husband and wife team and they are facing major issues in their marriage recently. after hearing that, i also cannot say anything...moreover i did not place any deposits. now i am trying to find another photographer... i want something affordable, not something extravagent..just wana keep some nice photos for memories sake...
anyone has recommendation?

Kadice: huh.. so suay.. like that also can...

smilez: i also love choc cake.. previously my baby rejected cake. but luckily now she's ok le.. maybe ur baby wanna diet.
happy.gif

jul: i always have to clear my ofc junk. haha
either got expired food or cream that i didn't know i had.. or those rubbish bags, sauces which i took extra etc...

I just had mine with Yew Kwang. You can find him in Facebook he posted some of my shoot on his page. See u like his style anot. He's nice. About $388 or $398 with makeup and hair. You can either choose 30 photos to edit and he will return u all the photos he took, about 200 i think. Or 20 edited photos with an album.

There is a 2nd package you can check on his website.

Do let me know if u finall decide to use him.

kadice

Uh oh sorry I can't help. But I think some of us have taken maternioty shots recently. Wait for their recommendation?

petrina

Yeah lor! Got expired biscuits, sugar packs, plastic bags.... Then empty files... Not even 1/4 way through *faint*

ya loh, suay ..so last minute. initially i planned nicely, after taking photos this weekend, i will go and cut short my hair..weather is so hot these days..

talking about packing office, think i better clear my drawers..filled with old & unwanted documents haha

Kadice, that's too bad, but fortunately you didn't place a deposit... Hopefully there's still time to look for a replacement photographer.

hi nattan,

mine is early July, but keep changing EDD date cos of weight fluctation..heheh seem like i chatted more in June than July thread hahaha
happy.gif

oh yes, ladies, we only give baby of one month gripe water issit huh?

dunno what happens with the almond drink. It taste ok, no slightest sour taste at all..

My friend case, baby 3.1 kg also ends up with emergency C-sect because her cervix can't dilate. Then the doctor said next time immediately must choose C-sect becoz can't dilate..

She said that her mom is in labour for 3 days before giving birth to her.. Maybe it's in the gene? But I don't think nowadays doctor will still allow such thing, wait for 3 days before giving birth.. Because it'll be dangerous for the baby..

Sunbelle, oh.. yours is in July...

Re gripe water, it's not a must to give your baby you know? It's only give as and when they have the so-called colic. Also, there's no scientific evidence that gripe water actually works.. it's actually the sweet taste that soothes the baby. (can refer to this http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1297971/pdf/10844880.pdf)

Groovy, if cervix cannot dilate then is really no choice, must go for c-sec. Labour can take longer provided baby is not in distress. Nowadays doctors are more cautious.

nattan: ya, no choice, they do not collect deposits coz they are quite an amatuer team but photos are ok.

sunbelle: u mean your gynae kept changing ur EDD? From the scans printout during my gynae visits, EDD kept changing but my gynae asked us to ignore it. He insisted that we should follow the date he calculated for us initially..hmmm

Sunbelle, Edd shld not change. It doesn't matter how big or small ur baby is. E first date given according to last menses or first scan is e Edd.

Back