(2012/02) Feb 2012

Oh, Thanks babyjng! Better understanding now- cause my co. provides only 11days MC which I have used up quite a bit during 1st trimester but there's 60days HL.
happy.gif

Sweetcorn-my mum was a full time baby stitter and she charges $450 for babies <6months, then when baby starts semi solids, she will ask mummy to top up $50 to buy food for baby. You can use as a reference.
happy.gif

Jen,

where your mum stay? Her charges cheaper then agency. last time i found Babynanny this agency charges $600/m after 6m will add $50-$80 very expensive. and only day time 5day only.

Im feeling so tired today..
Cant sleep well at night, I guess most of you also have same experience.
Been having frequent leg cramps at night too..

AL- my mum stay at Bedok, cheap huh for 5days? Don't know abt that, she have not change her rate for 10 years now. Hahaha. But I know agency more ex, my mum use to work for agency- they will take 25% of her earnings for 3 months for every baby she took care, mum was very pissed-so decide not to go under agent anymore.

Meifen- most of us got leg cramps at night too. I try to keep my feet elevated so reduce to swelling and hopefully better blood circulation. Think you may be having a posture problem for the backache.

Chilli, me too! Every night leg cramp. Cannot sleep well. My hubby got to wake up middle of the night to message for me. *sign*

Hi Mummies,
Yesterday 24 weeks scan done! LittLe Monster on the bigger side - 738gm
Luckily after BBmoon, manage to go back to reasonable weight gain
Oni saw BB less than 5 mins, my gyne super chop-chop...sigh~

Gyne also told me better not to drink Birdnest as both my hubby and my family got asthma history...
Sianz...was looking forward to having Birdnest...now mummy cannot pretty, pretty... =_=!!

Jen, near my place!! but too late...just found another new maid.

can pm me yr mum contact and which block she stay, in case i don't want my maid then have alternative choice.

dragonbaby, my 1st pregnancy also always cramp at night. no matter how i sleep, use pillow, wear special socks reduce cramp also can't help. But funny is my 2nd pregnancy now seldom have cramp, i try to drink more milk even i really don't like it, morning &amp; late afternoon 1 cup of mama milk, then night time 1 cup of fresh milk. 3 milks a day, my cramp reduce alot, i think my cramp happen once a week only. not sure because of milk or dif pregnancy dif situation.

Hey thanks Jen!

I wonder if any mommies know any babysitter near sengkang area to recommend? Im gg to visit one tmrw...

Hi everyone, I wanna share my happiness too. I went for my second opinion detailed scanning at Prof c Anandakumar. He gave him very good news on my bb boy's brain development and said very highly unlikely bb wil have brain problem.. Yeah.... This news is def with e $380 I paid. He labelled every part of bb that he scanned n I received a detailed report, much more detailed than tmc as well as a cd of all the scans. Cool..
happy.gif
so happy to hear bb is fine, much better than gynea who can't confirm much..
happy.gif

Wow Serene that's great news! What could be better news for a mummy den to hear n know that our baby is healthy n strong! Just take good care of yourself, take necessary vitamins n nutrition so as to pass on more strength to baby...
happy.gif
Sincerely glad to hear your second opinion differed positively from what you initially feared, I always pray all babies born into this world gotta be healthy n problem-free, it's a pain seeing how some parents n kids suffer cos of medical abnormalities... God bless you mommy!

Lya

Lynn I was supposed to go for 430 but have dinner appt so going 2 pm one. Maybe next week need to go for 7 pm one. Haha..

Serene, happy to hear the good news!!

I have been feeling tumbling in my tummy and last night hubby also felt
happy.gif
I'm almost 24 weeks alrd

Chewi, I have been getting this tumbling feeling too since last wk! But so fast Tat I didn't manage to feel it with my hands' I google, website said these r kick movements ;)

i went to mrs wong's class on thurs evening
happy.gif
she is so farnee, but find that the pace for the exercises are quite fast, can't realli catch up or remember.

n baby is so cute
happy.gif
my tummy moves whenever he kicks now.

AL, pm u Liao!

Chewie, u were at 2pm class? Me there as well!

Wow, looks like everyone's babies has started to practice kicks. Isn't it just wonderful just to feel their presence. So enjoying these moments.
happy.gif

Jen, really! Hehe so crowded lor.. I was late n wearing hello kitty!

I felt the class too fast paced. Without notes it's like one ear in, one ear out. Remember a few things only lor. Time to read her textbooks. How much is it sold for?

Chewie,
A few mummies were late too, tmc did not give us specific instructions tat the entrance was at back near toilet, in the end everyone was pressing bell at the front without knowledge, not pleasant.
Her textbooks are sold at the tmc baby store at $13 per book but if u r a 1st born member, it's FOC.thought it's a bit fast too, but we enjoyed her jokes.
happy.gif

Hi ladies, how s weekend? Im having another princess again! Guess hb had too many gfs in his past life bah. Haha.
1time swimming after being preggy. Super tired. Din know it can b so tiring even in water. Hopefully bb is swimming comfortably in 'pool' too!
Cheers!

Jen, oic. We saw the notice at Little Skoolhouse so not much confusion for us. Granted we only saw the notice after 2 pm cos we were late! Haha.. The Mama milk looks quite scary leh. 1 sachet for 1 glass?? :/

My cousin passed me the books cos I'm not delivering at TMC. So prob don't need to buy... $13 per book is quite exp though!

Natbaby, how long do you swim? Don't tire yourself out too much... I usually swim a few short laps then just float around. Hahaa... Prob going for a swim in the afternoon if weather permits!

Chewie,
Jus a while only. Felt e strain so dare not continue. Partly becos while playing wif #1 in e water, she sort of kick me few times at tummy cos she was scared. Trying to get her to learn swimming.

Hey mummies! Philips is having their warehouse sale on 29 &amp; 30 oct, 9am -5pm. Am gonna check out their baby products which seems to be the highlight everytime. Hope to get some good deals there

Chewie and Jen> I also attending the sat 2 pm class too. I seated in front. Both me and my hubby enjoyed us class and it fun. Just that the exercise part a bit too fast..and then she commented everything inside her book. I think i have to get it.

Hi mummies,

I've the following to let go:

- 3 tins of Similac Mum (exp Oct'13), $12 each
- Lamaze Spin &amp; Explore Garden Gym @ $15
- Lamaze Gardenbug Foot Finder &amp; Wrist Rattle Set @ $10

Kindly PM me if keen, thanks!
happy.gif

Pearl, yes it's really all in her book for this lesson. At least the theory bit when she went thru the ppt. For the exercises, not all in. I didn't see the cramp rotation exercise in the book. So were u one of the demonstrators since u sat in front? I'll prob nt attend the 2 pm class alrd cos it's not the one I signed up for
happy.gif

Meifen, thx for informing! I wanna go get sterilizer

Nat, ouch... Sounds painful. I think if slow swim is fine. Just dun overexert. I had a nice swim yest afternoon
happy.gif
now having Monday blues. Hahaha

Hi all, anyone can recommend where to go for swimming where there is warm water for bathing? My wife wants to swim but I think public pools dont have warm water. Please advise, thank you.

Meifen- where is the warehouse sale? Is the phillips baby monitor a good buy during sale?

Pearl- next sat, maybe we can see each other! I'm sitting behind, there's back support against the cabinet so won't get too much backache.
happy.gif
Agree the books are really ex.Heard from my friend, they use to give notes free for the class, but I think now TMC is trying to promote the sale of the books so no more notes. I was lucky too to get a preloved sets of books from my friend.

Talking about swimming, weather is soo hot, thought of going for swim too but can't fit into bikinis anymore, hahaha. Anyone know where to buy cheap maternity swimwear?

Maxiblur- how about Jacuzzi, the water is warm enough and I think some spa offer couple spa-then both of you can enjoy together in privacy.

Chewie> heng ar !!! not being selected as one of the demonstrators

Jen> Wise choice to sit at the back. I was sitting in front ..got backache coz no back support. Next sat, is Lilian who will be teaching us. heard that she is not bad too.hope she is as humorous as Mrs Wong

I'm feeling so weak now. Legs very soft, no strength to walk, feel giddy and keep vomit air. Don know is it bcos of not enough sleep. Have been sleeping at 12midnite or 1am since last wed. Busy with my #1 who refused to sleep and keep waking up at nite to cry. As cos of some outings on weekends.
Hope time fly faster. I wan go home and rest.

Philips warehouse is here: Philips Electronics Singapore (TP4), 620A Lorong 1 Toa Payoh 319762

i'm not sure how cheap is their baby products cos the last time i went, i wasn't preggy yet =p might be good to do abit of background check before heading down. its usually very crowded and impossible to park. i'm glad i'm just staying opposite =p

michelle > hello ..where are you sitting that day?

meifen> my friend say that their baby products is about 20%-30% cheaper than departmental stores.

Would like to hear some comment/feedback from mothers regarding the following.

1. Anyone using or used babyplus? Any feedback/view on your experience? Any bad points?
There are a lot of good reviews but I just realised that there are a handful of bad one too, like loss of hearing, hyperactive, etc.
Not sure if it is true and should I try this?

2. Any one using Maclaren stroller? Went stroller shopping last week and was keen on a maclaren model. But seem like all Maclaran are
(i) Forward close, so cannot do "one hand" operation to close it.
(ii) Cannot stand on its own when closed and so need to lean on something.

Is this a practical concern to you?

Jen, I went to their website to see but they don't have maternity wear. They have alot of nice pretty evening dress but I don't think I can fit my tummy in...

kimi:

im currently using babyplus.. its my #1.. so i duno how whats her character like..
its recommended to do it 1hr in the morning and 1 hr at night..
volume wise its preset, supposed to be safe for bb..
so far ive heard more positive reviews than negative..

Maxiblur,
i swim at civil service club. Have hot water in showers. You can try private pools like Amore at Tampines, gyms affliated to hotels etc. But may be pricey. Not sure is showers at Safra will have hot water

Back