(2012/02) Feb 2012

jascmy & butterwaffles, guess i'm not as lucky as both of you. I do not have a understanding PIL nor husband. I told my husband about what my doc say and he insisting that I'm stressing myself over issue. All the while I have been very brave in handling emotion stress but I think I'm at my limit already. Whenever I try to tell my husband about my MIL he try to defence. I know clearly that he can't do much but just hoping to gain some support from him so that he can tell his parent yet it fail.

Hi mummies,
I had this huge maternity pillow shipped in from US. around $200 plus, letting go at $50. very good condition and great for supporting the back. collect at bukit batok. sms 96922155 for photo.

Planet, yes I think prenatal class will teach breathing. I had a gf recently birth w/o epi. Really pei fu her. She didn't want too much laughing gas as well cos you will lose control of yourself and cannot push when told

My next gynae visit in a week. Time flies... Going into 3rd tri soon!!!!

planet, I don knw abt the bb come out part cos my bb end up coming out by emergency c-sect. So its even more painful. Hehee.... You have our support. To me, those who nvr use epidural are heroine cos epi is so common now and I wish I can be one. Lets try our best to be the next heroine!

dragonbaby, my husband used to be very unreasonable and da nan ren. very hot tempered. Since he suspect me having depression, he tried to change and I try to endure him too. Cos sometimes he still very hot temper eg. rushing for time, sick etc... I'm trying my best to change him too. Many ppl told me it takes time. No choice, hav to try hard loh.

chewie, I think its better to take laughing gas then epi if really can't endure. Haiz, I shld hav done that previously. I wan a total natural birth so I request not to hav gas and epi but in the end I cried for epi. All that went thru without epi told me I shld hav try the gas.

dragonbaby, your husband is the most important factor when it comes to the relationshion between you and his mum. If he cannot tell his mum, the issues or whatever, who can? You? Not sure how to advise you further as all along my husband is the type who will just speak his mind and we don't live with my MIL so quite alright. But i can imagine the stress. Becos i don't like with my MIL and we already have conflict.

sweetcorn, the PCF Sparkletots branch that i'm referring to had just started operation. It's at blk 259A, B C, opp Compass Heights condo. My boy will be starting childcare there on 1 Dec. I've registered interest for my baby girl. Another one that is opening is at blk 290A. Go for the one that is nearer to you. Try calling 6881 7901.

planet, i'm not going for any pre-natal classes. am taking the 'when it comes, it comes' approach =p. Just pray that the labour period is not too long,thus, minimising the pain time.

For those who wanna go for pre-natal massage, i just bought a streetdeal voucher at $68. haven't go for it so can't give any review.

jascmy and butterwaffles, so far my husband has been very patient with me. He never really throw his temper at me or what but I hate the pattern on how he side his parents and alway ask me to 'ren' them. I cannot tahan them anymore. I have conflict with my PIL most of the time as they like to tell me about which and which auntie told them about this and that. I'm not someone that can take granny story. sian lor.

Any mummies going for the BB fair starting tomorrow at Expo?
What are the Must-buy items which will be cheaper during BB fair?
Havent been to one before..

Hi chilli, usually I buy huggies diapers cos they come w interesting gifts. Not exactly cheaper, but the free gifts are worth. But must have hug town stickers.
Other reason to go there is to see see look look n sign up diff stuff for freebies.
happy.gif
dun stock up on diapers as u never know which brand is suitable for yr bb. I wi also buy bb detergent, u need to wash bb clothes a couple of weeks before they r born. Milk bottles r sometimes cheap. If not, it's about e fun of seeing bb stuff only.
happy.gif

Hi All,

I'm back, just discharged from hospital. Was warded on Monhday for severe tummy pain due to premature contraction.
sad.gif
Was so worried abt baby-constantly hooked on to CTG, 2hrly doppler, BP taking, so glad to be home. But now, I'm under strict rest in bed-so sian.

Planet- sound liked you really enjoyed yourself in BKK! worried about about the advisory alert for flood and now of my health, HB is having 2nd thoughts about traveling too. But we can't refund tickets leh-see how it goes, hopefully flood has subsided by Nov.

Chilli> Me going to the expo on Sunday.. Not sure if it's too late or too crowded? Tmr and saturday busy leh.

Serene> Thanks for the tips. Is it too early for us to buy bb detergent and soap now? It's still 3-4 months away.. What else worth buying?

Jas> Thanks! Hope I make it!

Chewie> Lose control with laughing gas!? Omg. *mental image of me laughing hysterically in the delivery room*

Jen> Sorry to hear that. At least now everything is ok! I've read about premature contractions before, called braxton hicks or smthing like that? It's not that unusual so no worries! Flood in BKK getting worse I think. But if you are going in Nov it might have come and gone by then. BTW which airline are u going by? My preggerz fren also bought promo tickets from budget airline, but due to some spotting, she cancelled the trip and managed to get a full refund for herself and her 3 family members!! U might wanna try. Get your gynae to write a letter to say u are unfit for travel.

I can feel bb tumbling around in my tummy as I'm typing. So happy. Keke.

Thank you all for your concerns. Think I should be alright as long as I don stress myself. Lying in bed all day wif only my iPhone to play wif.
happy.gif
HB doing housework for me leh, so touched!
Dragonbaby- I understand how u feel abt your MIL, I'm in same situation too. The son will always be closer to his mum.

Planet- mine is Thai airways bought wif agency and tour agency said no.

Jen> Huh! Thai airways so big also no? *comfort* Nvm lar, see how, maybe u'll be up and running by then! If not then malaysia also can shop. My sis bought me many many baby gap and old navy baby clothes from factory outlet store in JB. Heh.

Jen, take care!!
happy.gif

I was supposed to be on the plane now... But since we knew about pregnancy, decided not to go to Shanghai anymore. So just forego tickets as well. I think if you manage to get doctor letter which says you cannot travel, airline will usu refund. My tix were jetstar promo tix, so still quite ok lah... Tho 300+ also can buy a lot of things

Hehe, digress a bit... Been gmarketing quite a bit these days. Bought a few iPhone cases tho dun even know if able to get iPhone4s!! Hahaha

Hello mummies! So long nv log in, hows everyone doing? Finally exams are over, so now can finally relax and rest!

Think I'm not going to baby expo this time. Not much to buy cuz still have all the stuff from my boy plus the crowd really put me off! Those going maybe can let us know whether there are good deals worth buying? Thanks in advance!

Jen: take care k! Have to observe hor, guar guar do your bed rest for now until gynae give clearance.

planet: Braxton hicks contractions are painless. And it won't happen at this stage yet. You'll know it when it comes, when your tummy suddenly harden. But there shouldn't be any pain.

Maxiblur,
If ur wife delivering at TMC, can go check with them on their daytime CL. They advertise that their CL receive training fr hospital, so got quality control.
Be patient with the wifey. I'm also the more introvert type, fussy abt cleanliness, and very bad at telling CL off when she lazes ard or doesn't clean well. I take care of baby at night cost breastfeeding. End up got so fed up with my very lazy CL i ask her to go after 10days. Better listen and see if able to compromise with her wishes then to have a depressed hormonal new mother.
My husband also thought i should get plenty of sleep and rest since just gave birth, and afraid later got any emergency and i'm alone at home with baby. But i was coping well and the CL was giving me additional stress instead

Thanks butterwaffles!! :D now i see your nickname, somehow i feel hungry.....

Jen, pls take good care. Health and baby more important...

Planet, you are very cute! hahaha i was laughing when i see your sentence on laughing gas imagination.

Morning all, Thanks Planet for sharing that we can do a refund> I'm going HK and GZ tmr. Initially tot of bring my #1 then few weeks ago, my PIL suddently heard lots of stories on kidnapped of bb boys and refused to let us bring him. Jus told my hubby that you say some airline can do refund. He jus called and really got a full refund for his air ticket. Yeah! Save some money liao. But will sure miss #1 very much. Hmm.. try to forget him for a while and concentrate on my babymoon with hubby.
happy.gif

NC, I heard of that so did many preparations. Planned to put him in carrier (Daddy will put on the carrier) everywhere we go. I bought the harness (like pull dog leash) if he wants to come down walk and even bought the chair harness so that we do not need a highchair. Wasting my money liao. And I become a big liar. I keep telling my boy I will bring him take aeroplane, now can't liao. Hope tmr when he wake up and nvr see us he won't cry loh. So worried abt him and don knw how my PIL will handle him. Whether will teach him bad habits etc etc...... Don knw can relax or not leh.

Maxiblur,
Should be still can hire their CL, but maynot have discount. You can also try confinement agency, but think they don't give training or have QC, so if you suay, may get lousy CL.

My friend kena a CL fr agency who used the mother's herbal bathing water to bath baby & use the same water to clean baby's tounge. My friend sacked her on the spot

Dear ladies

Sincere apologies for intruding. I have a Baby Bjorn - used less than 5 times when I had my girl.
If you are interested, I am ok to let go to any offer above $60. Last Bought at $120.

I also have an electronic Casio Piano to let go at $120. Totally new. Normal retail price above $200.

Pick up : Along north east line.

Please PM me if interested. Thanks and cheers !.
6189778.jpg
6189779.jpg
6189780.jpg

Jen, glad to know that someone know what's I'm going through now. As a mother, if I cannot even ask about my son diet, I feel like SH*T lor.

Posted on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 11:20 am:   
Hi moms, 
I hv a few items for sale. Please sms me at 91558725 if you are interested.
1) medela swing breast pump bought 14/8/2011 (warranty till aug 2012), Used barely a mth as i hv not enough milk supply.Will throw in 1/2 bottle of greenlife fenugreek capsules(increase milk supply) and 14 pieces of medela pump and save breastmilk bags. $260   
2) medela washable breast pads, very new and good condition $12
3) 4 pieces of nursing bras size roughly 36B (hv different hook sizes to adjust) selling at $6 each or $18 for all
4) 2 pieces of cotton nursing pajamas from Spring at NEX, bought at $49.90, worn less than 10 times, very good condition. Selling at $12 each or 2 for 20. Blue in color size: small
5) medela breast shields with carrying case for occassional sore nipples from BF. $12
6) quinny zapp xtra baby stroller (blue), suitable from newborn to 4 yrs old. Used less than 10 times, in brand new condition but decided to sell as hubby bought a jogging stroller from US while on business trip. $420.

Prices are slightly negotiable, but please don't quote ridiculous prices. Will accept vouchers from Fairprice, Giant, Takashimaya instead of cash. For item no.2, 3, 4 and 5, willing to exchange for baby items.

thunderstorm at my office area now. i tink its the same for most area in singapore.

mummies, walk slowly and stay safe ya! I'm going to brave the storm now cos took afternoon leave.

NC> Oops, braxton hicks are non-painful contractions? I thot they are like the real thing, but not leading to real labour. Good to know they're not! Thanks. =)

Jas> No problem! Happy to help u save money! Don't worry too much about your #1.. he's still young right? Don't think he will remember your promise or take it to heart? The most he will miss u when u are away and appreciate u when u are back. Heh. Call and talk to him when u are away and enjoy your babymoon! Shopping in GZ should be more awesome then BKK! *Envy!*

Chewie> My friend also bought jetstar promo tickets but got full refund. Did u try to write in or call?

Afternoon mummies!
Feel like a Xian ren now, woke up at 12, took medication n breakfast, now back to bed rest.
Meifen- careful wif the road, real heavy rain!

Jac- enjoy your 二人世界!

Anyone been to baby fair at expo today? Can share wat r the good buys? Thought of going on sun if there are when I'm better.
happy.gif

planet, any idea where to shop in GZ. My relatives always bring me to those normal shopping where its same price as sg leh.

Jen, Thanks.

dragonbaby, i know how it's like...that's why my boy went infantcare when he was 8 months old. Couldnt stand my MIL being the main caregiver. Dirty, noisy, impatient. Caught her shaking my boy a couple of times. My boy had serious colic when he was young. Take good care and do confide in friends. You have to let off steam at least else you will have internal injuries.

Hi planet, yes I called in few mths ago. Wait vvvv long to pick up then in the end say cannot do anything. Not even postpone. I didn't call and ask for their email address. Could not find online. Any idea how your friend got the refund?

butterwaffles, I caught my MIL using one piece of sashimi thin slice fish for my son fish porridge lor, and worst it for 2 meals. I really don't know how this ppl think. I really regret asking her to shift to my place. Cannot shake her off now.

Jas> I havent been.. but friends who have been there always rave about how cheap and good quality the stuff are. definitely not same price as sg. they've bought no-brand nice girly dresses, bags, and also good quality pirated or factory excess brands like g-star raw, american eagle etc. no typos one! haha. i'll try and find out where they shop and let u know.

Chewie> They wrote in via customer service via the web, then got a fax number (australia number) to send all the relevant documents (including doctor's letter). Jet* makes it difficult by not accepting email documents, have to fax or snail mail. And it was quite hard to get the fax across, I helped them fax at least 2-3 times on different days. But eventually it got thru and they got a full refund to their credit card in abt 2 wks. If you've passed your departure date, you may not get your "TO" tickets refunded, but you can get your return ticket refunded. Good luck!

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. Saw some interesting chats going on. My EDD is 21 feb, expecting a boy, first kid.

Hi Jen, I'm in a similar situation as u. Had brown spotting on tues and some pain in the groin area. Doc put me on med to prevent contractions and home rest for 30 days. So I'm home doing nothing, but eat, sleep and go toilet. You take care too. What med are u on?

planet: won't be painful one, but it's kinda freakish though haha... And will feel them quite frequently in late 3rd tri lor. The only time I had painful contraction, I endeded up in labour 2 weeks after that.

Jascmy: dun worry too much just enjoy yourself now, the boy is too young now to have any long term memory about you going away without him... Once he becomes older will be much harder to leave him behind lor, so treat it as your well-deserved break bah.

Anyone been to the bb expo yet? Any good deal to share?

Welcome GHK!
Wow 30 days of rest! Me 1week also cannot tahan Liao. I'm on contraction reduction n relaxant medications too, they are nifedipine n duphaston n lomotil for my diarrhea. Other than these, also taking the usual vitamin pills. Do u feel nausea after taking so many pills? My appetite seems to be affected due to nausea.

Dragonbaby and butterwaffles, your MILs are soo mean! How can a grandmother treat her grandson like tat?!! Feel soo angry, luckily my MIL already showed her color n declare she not going to care of my girl, so I'm going to keep my girl far,far away from her! Don want my girl to be abused.

Jen, I didn't see pampers brand. I m only interested in that brand. Anyway, I wun be stocking up diapers coz they hv sizes one. For pampers, smallest is new born but can only take up to 3kg comfortably. S size takes 3-5kg I think. So if buy new born n bb is >3kg then dun fit well. I will just buy 1-2 packs. After bb is born then ask hub go supermarket n buy.

Back