(2012/02) Feb 2012

morning mummies!

windy,
wah! really qiao... haha~ a lot of events for Feb and Mar, my bday, hubby bday, our anniversary and no #2 bday... poor #1, only her in Aug...

i dun feel unpregnant at all... my nauseousness and hungry-ness is killing me... so hope tt it's 2nd tri soon! still have to tahan for 5 more weeks... sob sob...

HappyMomToBe : so sorry to hear about ur case. Glad its over and u r preg now. I also cant do all these OSCAR cos I am a Catholic. I just have to trust God and have faith.

Am not so sure about the salicylic acid type of facial. I only do normal facial, no machine n no diamond peel. I had 2 pimples just below my chin. When hormone chg u will have breakout just at the chin area. Just keep clean n try not to squeeze it to prevent scarring.

chergie, don worry i have overcome it and yeah after 2 yrs then only I preggy....yes believ in GOD, and whatever HE give you will be the BEST!

i am sleepy now....damn sleepy.....n mouth bitter taste!

HappyMomToBe : Well done babe. U will be bless this time.
happy.gif

ging3r: I bought the real grapefruits, which can be abit mafan to eat cos u have to eat it like a pomelo. the skin is very bitter unlike oranges. but its super shiok.

you can also buy Florida grapefruit juice. They have a version that's fortified with calcium! Great for me cos i dont really like milk.

On the oscar topic, i most likely will take it too. For a peace of mind. If I dont take I'll be super paranoid throughout the pregnancy.

hi icecherry, i did that when i was jus 28...

tks chergie....

i knw a lot malaysian, their gynae wont do that for them, n bb out mostly healthy too.......

HappyMomToBe,
try not to use salicylid acid products as it may cause birth defects or complications...

Re: Oscar test
think its heng sway... if results not good, do amino test, there is also risk of miscarriage or water bag leaking. to me, i will still go for oscar test. all up to individual.

Hi mummies to be, congrats on your pregnancy. 

I have some pregnancy books to let go cheaply, wonder if any of u r keen. The titles as follows: 

The day-by-day pregnancy book by Dr. Maggie Blott (hard cover) 
$15

Your pregnancy week by week by Glade B. Curtis (6th edition) 
$10 

Conception, pregnancy and birth by Dr. Mariam Stoppard (hardcover) 
$15

What to expect when you're expecting by Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel (4th edition)  
$10

These books offer very good info to guide u thru ur pregnancy journey. Let me know if u r interested. Email me at [email protected]

once again, at tis timing, nausea feels come n mouth bittering.....taken sour plum but seem no use...the more i take, the more i wanna vomit....
haiz.....appetite has been reducing too!can diet n lose weight arr like tat??hehe.....n i miss cold drinks again!!!

HappyMom: Did you try a few diff types of sour plum? I realised some dont work for me but some does.

Yesterday i saw a mummy post here that's she's got craving for claypot rice. Inspired me to have that for lunch today! Haha. Now all the carbs is making me super sleeeppyy...

HappyMomToBe,

Think take sour plum no use lah, after that u will vomit that sour sour thing... yucks...

Now i already get use to it, after everymeal i will go vomit. It become a routine to me..

Can take cold drink lah, maybe just drink 1/4 of it.. i take cold drink everydays..

planet - i bought 3 different type end up jus put there...u know, i even bought the ntuc ALLSWELL sour plum juice....no use at all...i tink now my taste siao, i like sweet ting!
wow, claypot rice n u whack all??i cant even finish my rice today wif fish n tofu....btw, tell you all funny thing, yst i ate prata rice? so co-incident today staff canteen having prata too...i was like..........vomitted out immediately!

chloe, yeah drink like 1/4 cup everyday o jus a few sip at nite...yst nite coz cant sleep n nausea, i actually ate a few ice cube..melting in my mouth, making me so satisfied!the nausea gone......jialat me!!!

i also drink cold drinks everyday in moderate. The weather is so hot, how to survive wo it? Imagine, i have to switch on my mini fan in office even with air con..keke

Afternoon Mummies...

HappyMomToBe: I also feel bitter at my mouth today... Doesn't fancy orange skin but sour plums are alright....

I feel scared when I see tummy like becoming smaller... but HB told me he can hear baby's heartbeat slightly... Hopefully, it is true and everything turns out to be okay...
happy.gif

pearl, for me, drinking cold drink is like making my feel better not so nausea n getting more energetic.......
else now i feel super xin ku ler

princess, ur hb reali cute, r u sure he can hear bb heartbeat?? then i tol my hb to try n feel bb heartbeat n he so funny, he say he can only hear his own breathing!!! damn...haha.... nolar yr tummy smaller when u no appetite to eat n bigger coz bloated eating too much n full!

HappyMomToBe: My HB talks to the baby daily... he always asks me how come baby never talks to him... he was really excited when he told me he says some slight sound yesterday... I am like hello, it isn't fair, coz I can't hear... but wonder if u feel it too, at times, I feel some thurping sound... wonder if that is the little sound of my baby...

princess, yeah my HB talk to bb everyday morning n night!!like so funny...he wake up n will say good morning to bb n tell him he is going to work, pls b good...night time he will tell bb he come back n say goodnight!lol...i was like...
well, i do sayang my tummy n talk to bb to ask bb to be strong n guai....
thruping soung??hmm like wat??u knw wat i did???i hold my breath n i can c my tummy jumping like there is inside bb heartbeat jumping...haha!not sure how true is it....

HappyMom: Whack gao liao! Haha. It was a huge portion and I was surprised i finished every grain of rice. Must be baby hungry la. Haha.

Princess: Ya my tummy also same, smaller on some days and big on other days. Your hb talks to the baby already? Wow. Mine still cursing and swearing in the car cos he insist baby cannot hear yet. *grumble*

mummies, i jus went toilet vomitting...so xinku!! only saliva all out.....

i duno whthr bb can hear onot but i tink bb can feel it too....so jus b happy n talk to bb as usual....does any1 here is buddhist??

Princess: Oh dear, better ask my hubby to watch what he says from now.
happy.gif

HappyMom: *patpat* Try sip on something sweet? I just went out to buy a bottle of lemonade. Now waiting for it to get warmer before I drink it. Haha.

princess, me too....my fren ever tot me to listen to "Da Bei Zhou" every nite n bb will b very guai when born n very calm....
seriously, suprisingly, her 2 bb was so cute!n keep smiling.....
gosh another coleauge hit my shoulder!haiz...how to tell them don do tat!i am preggy lady!!!!!

tks planet...i cant take it liao.....putting sweet in mouth however stil like vomitting...best part if i in office i can tahan...if i go toilet, i wil b sitting at the toilet bowl for half hour n keep vomitting n burping...a lot gas lor...

princess, even tot cant but since u duno u preggy, shld b ok....don worry!
yeah you shld listen too.....she was like so easy labour ler.....she say its coz of listening da bei zhou every night!haha...let us try n c...

Dear mummies,

I'm having spotting again...I'm worried. It's dark brown last night (one drop) and today have light brown.

It's exactly the same timing like my last mc in march - 7-8 weeks

This time I do not know to see gynae a not...I feel if it's not meant for me, no matter how much dusphaton I take also no use.

Any mummies have on and off brown spotting??

Hope this dragon can be a sticky one.

Kxwy: if it is caramel in color - nurse say ok. Maybe it just some old blood. I have spotting initial stage too for almost 3 weeks. Now ok le .. But hor everytime go toilet also very stressed right... Must peep at the panty liner

KWXY (kwxy): Dun worry dear n dun be pessimistic. Spotting could be due to implantation. As long as it is not fresh red blood it is ok but to be safe see ur gynae. I will not wait.

Nana: u r rite, every trip to toilet is damn stress n oh yes dun wear panty liner, it may cos infection. I stop wearing too.

Hi kwxy,
I am experiencing spotting also. Initially planned for first gynae visit next fri but I m worried hence gate crash gynae on Tuesday. She give me hormone pills and bed rest til end of the week. She told me not to walk ard so much and rest at home. Hence has been staying in bed the whole day today..

@Kwxy: pls quickly go see your gynae.... Don't said such things like it's not meant to be!!! When u did nothing....

Anyway brown or spotting, pls go see your gynae... Even though some article said that brown is ok, just old blood but it's still better to go see doctor...

I mc last time cos I think it's just old blood and did nothing when i was 5 weeks... And only when I went to my gynae at 8 weeks she told me my baby stopped growing at 5 weeks... And I did a natural mc by popping pills, hurt like hell!!!

Hence pls go see your gynae if u feel not right, have spotting etc. At Least u know u tried your best! Pray that everyone of us has a sticky sticky bb.

Cheers

Wow! Karen Tan may be right.

I will go and see gynae tmr morning and see what my doc says.

Thanks for all advise and wish me good luck!

@kwxy: good luck.. . Dun suan me la... Hahahaha.. U can just call me Karen. :p

Cos my gynae nurse told me more horrifying story....Let me share with you all.

On last week thur morning, I called to make appt for sat and then I told her I got a bit of brown spotting those on and off.. She told me jie lag bb will come out and I was worried and I added that I have flu n cough too and she told me wah like that will miscarriage I was soo worried but still insist on sat appt. But ard 3+, seems like the brown spotting is alot more and I dashed to the hospital and was given hormone injection + pills and given 2 weeks mc... Less walking, and put everything close by as instructed by the nurse...

So spotting of any kind don't play play lo especially when we have mc before.. Everything got to be extra careful and pls do things slow slow!

Noted Karen.

I'm worried and at the same time nausea attacking me 24/7!!!

I just popped 2 dusphaston as instructed by gynae if I hv spotting.

Now every meal, I hv to lie down on bed. Simply cannot move at all. Will puke anyting bur nothing come out. Occassionally burp and feel super bloated after every meal.

I sleep so much in the day and yet I still feel v v v v tired!
sad.gif

KWXY: Hope everything is alright. I've been feeling so tired the last few days as well due to flu and finally today I'm starting to feel much better. Rest well!

Kwxy, hope yr spotting stop and everything are well.. Good luck...

Kt, hmm... The nurse quite bad leh... I think she shouldnt say tat... If she think is serious shud just ask u go see gynae asap..

K3, rest more and take more fluids...

kwxy
duphaston can worsen nausea, cos of the increased hormones.

for those who are spotting, can also request for proluton jabs - these work faster than duphaston and work longer (delayed released) and are less painful than progesterone jabs.

i'm also feeling miserable - either puking, or nausea and bloatedness, and past few days add on extreme tiredness despite napping thru out the day.

feel kinda useless as i can't even cook or shop. the smell of food sends me straight to the loo.

to boot, i dun feel pregnant, just sick. worrying if little beanie is doing well, next appt is 3 weeks time, going bonkers waiting.

morning ladies, duno y tis morning don feel like preggy....same, apart frm weak n nausea n tired, my tummy seem smaller ler....no more bump...gosh!
my next appt wif gynae is tis sat....
tis morning woke up n had pizza bread, now mouth start bittering again n nausea....when wil tis symptom over??

Nana,
Are you still having spotting now? I have spotting since 23/6, has been 2 weeks already and it comes and goes. So my emotion is like roller coaster, today happy when stop, and tomorrow stress when it comes back again.

Went gynae twice and from ultrasound, there is a tiny gap btw the gestactional sac and the uterus and this causes the bleeding. She seems not too concern and gave me only 3 days of MC for bedrest. Actually I realised the spotting got worse when I bed rest. Duno why too.

KWXY, hope your gynae visit today is good. Mine is on Sat and hope to see BB's heartbeat. Last visit was only 5W6D and can see fetal pole only. Jia you!
happy.gif

Morning Mummies... Just back from gynae.. Everything is fine... phew...
happy.gif

Kwxy: I have on off spotting too... feel super stress and sad whenever this happened to me.. I checked with my gynae today on the hormone pill and see if I should take it too. His advice was these pills wun help much and it can't really prevent mc too.. instead, advised me to do a vaginal check again, but understand that such checks might not be good for babies, moreover, it caused me slight pain at the previous check and thus, told him that I shall monitor and if things doesn't improve, will check at my next visit.

Not sure if mummies wanna to try, whenever spotting is here, I will try to take some chi tonics (think it is called "guo lei'). Hope this is equally helpful to all mummies and wishing all of us smooth delivery...

princess, how does vaginal check been done???
i dont have spotting, however my gynae say i need to check on my cervix to make sure it is not dilated or open....otherwise, he will need to sew it tight n close it to carry bb to full-term....

HappyMomToBe: my gynae will insert something that looks like dudo into the vagina.. Not a full insertion though... but have to be careful throughout the process.. almost similar to pap smear, but as I didn't do pap smear before, that was my first time and as I was scared, can't relax fully, it wasn't a pleasant process in a way...

Hello mummies! Me just back from doc's too. Everything's good. I heard my baby's heartbeat for the first time!! Super happy! =)

Back