(2012/01) Jan 2012

Me & hubby wun take turn to eat nor bring him go walk walk during meal time. We will all just sit down & eat together. Isnt it faster this way than taking turns? Food will turn cold & we hate to eat cold food. At most, when my son sit too long till buay tahan, I switch on iPad as last resort for him to watch while we continue to eat. Till now, no issues. My son loves to eat, think he enjoys mealtime better than us.

My son last feed is 10pm. Sometimes he will play till 11 plus then go to bed. He will sleep till nxt day 9plus to 10am without waking up for milk. It has been like this since he was around 10mths old...think he prefer his sleep than milk. What I cannot tahan is his sleeping posture. Flip here & there & snatch my pillow
sad.gif

Catherine, ur boy very compliant leh. mine refuse to sit still unless he's eating. sometimes we feed him at home before going out for meals. sometimes I'll feed him while hubby eats. but if he's not eating or once he finishes his meal, he will want to stand up & get out of the high chair. if we belt him down, he'll cry & fuss (as if we abused him) till everyone glares at us. the iPad (i've a mega collection of songs & stories btw) has lost its effect on him long ago. sigh.

luckily he's still v fascinated with his iPad. He will just choose his own apps & play. Busy swiping here & there.

Meal time is fine for us so far. But letting him walk himself during shopping time is disastrous. He will insist to walk his own direction, shopping for clothes become more difficult. He not willing to wait for us too long at fitting area. Can't let him see kiddy rides too. Once he see his barney kiddy ride, he will excitedly run there & insist on taking. Don't let him take, he fuss like mad. Haha...

Hi Jac!
ya...have been busy...kids taking turns to fall sick..myself down with throat infection and 5 days fever..also went on 2 biz trips and busy with work.
My son is with sparkletots since mid Jan..falling sick almost every mth. Promoting to tod class next mth (if the teacher comes onboard, otherwise i will extend his ifc stay). IFC more "personal"..that's why we are paying double compared to childcare..Hahaha..
More things to pack when they go cc, cannot leave diapers & milk powder in sch le. How many milk feeds is your son bringing to sch now? Have u move back to your own place?

Catherine, I didn't let my elder one take kiddy rides until she was abt 3 years old. In fact in the beginning, only sit, i won't put money in. Until one fine day, my bro or my hb started putting money in, she insisted on taking the ride when she saw one. Sometimes told her no $$, she put hand into my hb's pocket to dig for coins. -.-

wow, good to see the forum so lively again!

googlez, i just brought my daughter to visit the Edufarm playgroup yesdae..she seems happy to play there and the teacher seems caring and patient, so most likely i will be enrolling her in...
you can surf the website on your mobile and post, just that the screen would be very small and hard to type haha..

Catherine, you've got a really good boy..my gal can't sit still during mealtimes, so i really don't enjoy eating out nowadays hahaha

My gal also likes to go on kiddy rides. i don't put money in but my hb n in-laws always spoils her
sad.gif

Hi fellow mummies...

It's been sometime since I last posted here. Juz catch up with all your recent posting. It is good to know that the thread is alive.

Past 1 mth was very busy for me. I suffered from flu and even spread it to my girl.... Finally she is okay, while I still hv cough and running nose occasionally.

It is more challenging to handle my girl alone at home. She now has her wants, so simple activities like getting her to take shower can take so long time to complete. Will be busy chasing her and later on, to get out of bathroom. When we go out, she also wanna look for her kiddy rides. Same with some of your kids, now I have to take turn with my hubby to eat. Usually my hubby start first while I am feeding her. Later on, my hubby will entertain her or bring her walk if she is bored while I am eating. Dunno how to break this bad habit and juz get her to sit with us..... Sigh......

If at home, she wants to eat on her own too... Which is good sign but buay tahan... I gotta clear up all the mess.....and sometimes when things turn messy,she lost interest in the food. She also started to wake up for milk at 3-4am again..... I dunno why,suspect it is teething oso coz her upper mollars are coming out. In fact, her molars errupted slowlyyyy one by one and it has been a painful 2mths... Geez... Last night, I tried not to give her the milk but she cried for half an hour. And even dont wanna sleep back in her cot so ended up co-sleep with us.... Usually she sleeps on her own.... Strange huh?

I hope things are turning for a better . But my friends said expect things to get worse first (terrible two stage) before it gets better..... Sob sob....

Initially, I planned to return work as she turns 18mths. But I think she develops higher separation anxiety. Perhaps coz i am SAHM And she spent most time with me so I brought her for trial on playgroup class to get used to school setting, U know what? Half way through the class, she took her bag, waved bye to the teachers, and grabbed my hand to walk with her to open the door...... Haa... I thought she will be happy to be in class as she showed signs of boredom at home....

So I really dunno now whether I should still enrol her to PG class and in Jan 2014, shift her to CC? Or juz put her in CC comes Jan 2014....But I think she will cry her out loud in CC and will take sometime to settle down.

Btw, I think someone asked abt speech development. my girl seems to be on a slower side also. While she understand what we said, she replied in sign language. She can sign very well, which really doesnt encourage her to speak. She knows how to say mama and papa, but she doesnt wanna say that unless in urgent situation, like for example her hand get stuck somewhere,,,,, i juz try to talk more to her, sing more.... But i guess it really takes time for her,

moscato, wah sounds siong, really tough when kids & us fall sick one after another.. sigh.. hope u r all feeling better already.. take care k! my boy also having fever like once every mth
sad.gif
yeah, cc so many things to pack! somemore the teacher commented that my bag very big & heavy, tried to see if got any unnecessary stuff can remove anot, but everything in there is essential leh.. I pack 2 milk feeds, in case my boy not eating much (he's still not used to cc food) or my mum pick him up late.. I moved home since last dec.. I'll drop my boy off at the cc in the morn & my mum will pick him up in the evening, then I'll pick him up from my mum place after work..
happy.gif

Delphina, take care & get well soon! I read that separation anxiety peaks at 18mths & will only go away close to 3yo..
sad.gif
my boy also not settled well at cc yet althou he's been in infant care since 4mths. crying every morn until sore throat. I guess some settling down period is needed whenever going to a new environment.

i hv enrolled my child at ccc starting next Jan.

mine still wake up at night, in fact a few times, but every wake, i would juz let him drink water, then he would go back to sleep.

there were some discussion sometime back about bb shoes. can u recommend what brand? comfort and not too ex pls...less than $30?

issit the teething stage that's causing all the late nights? my daughter has been sleeping very late recently and she wakes up in the middle of the night, but she just wants to sleep on our bed instead...and though she slept at 12am, she wakes up around 8am plus..i'm just concerned if she's having enough sleep..

jkids, i buy bubble gummers from Bata for my gal..i think it's quite ok and definitely below $30..

Jac, what did you pack inside?? My boy still so baby-ish lor..can't imagine he is promoting to toddler class next month. And he is so small size, wonder if he can fit into the smallest uniform or not.
Sometimes he eat cc food cos he rejects ifc porridge..LOL..

now he is having diarrhea lor (every week let doc earn my $$)..today sent him to sch then realised a few of them down with diarrhea. Teacher told me if still diarrhea, cannot go sch le until he fully recovered. -.-

jkids, yours is princess or prince? if princess, Bata got more design to choose than boys. Think boys, only 2 designs.
sad.gif

My son still wearing his Little Blue Lamb. Most prob will buy Adidas/ Nike from BP...about $21 for their size.

moscato, I got 4 zip lock bags. bag is packed to the brim!
1) 4pcs diapers
2) towel + 1 sets of clothes + 1 spare set of clothes
3) bedsheet + beanie pillow
4) 2 milk bottles + 2 stages of milk feeds + 1 water bottle

are the kids having stomach flu? think better dont go if still having diarrhea ba. my boy poo 3 times in sch last fri & came back with very bad diaper rash & balls super red. think teacher no time change for him. sigh.

Jac, thxs thxs... i am feeling much better now.... Gonna hv to bring my gal to complete all series of vaccinations for 18mths soon.. She is behind schedule also as I split her MMR and chick pox jab.. And so far she only had 1st dose of chick pox jab.

Hope ur boy is okay now....

Medory: I suspect the waking up at night is caused by teething. These past few days,my gal seems to improve and come back to usual night sleeping pattern. All her molar is out,except for 1.

I read that kids at 18mths needs about 13hours of sleep in a day(total of nap and night sleep). Some kids needs slightly more, some needs less.

Jkids: Kiddy palace has some shoes below $30 with all the disney character. Dunno what is the brand, but the sandals/shoes are made in Taiwan.

I m worried my bb will Fall sick often once he starts ccc. ...then still muz take child sick leave..

moscatoo..mine is boy. ok I will go look look based on wat u all hv suggested...tks

do u all measure yr bb height.....

Delphina, my boy also behind schedule coz I delay his MMRV coz of overseas trip. he'll be taking the 2nd MMRV when he's 22mths. dread the MMR...

jkids, u have any one to help u look after ur kids when they r sick & can't go sch? if possible muz plan some backup plans.

jac:
my parents can stand by if necess. oso scare if ccc close down due to many hfmd cases(this yr the ccc my bb has enroled in closed for 10 days), or my bb has hfmd...

in some ccc, one spot, one ulcer (even if it turn out not hfmd in the end )...they will still send children home. i noe they are playing safe, but sometimes find them over-do. not every parent can take urgent leave anytime of the yr. ...

hello mommies!!!
wahhhh this thread is so alive!!! LOL

meal time
I had this problem since my DD is an infant. Wont sleep in pram, wont sit long in high chair. I really envy those parents that have kids that will snooze in their pram, mine hardly. When she was in infant, I only have 1 teething biscuit time to gobble down my food lor. She only will keep quiet when she was gnawing her biscuit. After that she will eh eh eh ...and I will have to carry her. Now it is slightly better as I think she enjoys eating with us, as in eating the same food as we order.
But got to entertain her la..
That means when we being show to the seat, need to entertain her...talk to her...and normally this time I will arrow eyes my hub if he ask me what I want to eat -.- cos CANT YOU SEE I HAVE TO "SETTLE DOWN" YOUR DAUGHTER????? only 1 mouth lei.
after ordering food, I will entertain her sometimes with pencil/pen and paper, then when food comes, feed her and whip out the Ipad..lately she is very into Doraemon. Then snacks and dessert later.
Depending on where and who we dine with....Last weekend we dined with my dad (whom I suspect she favours the most)..wah..she cried and cried and insisted ah gong to carry her -.-
How my dad going to eat like this???
First time she created a din in the open lei ...haiz..
Previous week, she can sit still for nearly 2 hours in Ocean Restaurant...I guess all the fishes swimming there sort of stunned her la :p

on childcare
yes...haiz..i also dreading this upcoming milestone. The thing I worry most is sick and I have no backup plan...and person to take leave and leave and leave is me
sad.gif

How ah..I dun print leave lei.
Haiz.....
Best part is my CC got teacher's retreat de..duno 3 or 4 days....when I heard that I was really "amazed"...that means my childcare leave is for the teachers to go retreat???? LOL not for my own emergencies ah??
Think next year got to prepare taking NPL liao.....

shoes
I let my DD wear seekairun and stride rite...erm I find adidas and nike v soft base...i talk to aunty from one of the shoe shops...she said..those sport shoes are v soft...now toddlers are walking and running stage (not learning to walk stage) need heavier base....ermmm i find its true lei..cos i find my girl can walk steadier and faster with her seekairun/stride rite/shoes with heavier base la

cosleep/cot
ermmm i trying to shift my DD to sleep in cot lo..guess what when i am packing up the cot my hub sort of panick lei...he said he wanted ah girl to sleep with us "longer" -.-
chey..i tot he was complaining the other time then now change mind again -.-

clubmed
anyone been there?
I was wondering worth the $$$ or not ...

jingles:
when is your bb going ccc?
happy.gif
no one can stand by other than u? your hub or other family member? i tot your mil is looking after bb now? maybe place her in the ccc near to your mil?

ccc has a few days 'off', this happens in all ccc. they can have retreat, close for washing, or take course, etc etc. so u are right lah, cc leave is used for these de.

what is npl??

so u go to the shoe shop to buy? do they sell online? ex or not?

jkids
harlow
happy.gif

bb is orginally going to ccc jan 2014.
the other time i was hoping that DD is bigger, immunity is better. I heard from PD best age to put kids to ccc is age 3 as by then the immunity is all geared up.
we took her back from mil since dec 2012. She complained hand pain, leg pain...so we thanked and took DD back and now with my mom.
Originally thinking we very heng got mom as back up thats why we chose ccc near her house but then my sister is due in sept. Haiz..i think my sis also hoping my mom can look after her bb la...so I also cannot be so selfish also mar..one mother only...and i dont think she can cope with a crying baby and a handful toddler alone.

So we are thinking of putting DD into ccc earlier like this Nov so that by then I can at least utilise some of my leave for emergencies and for her to ride out the germs in the initial stage...anyway i cant carry forward my leaves, rather than touching my next year at early part of the year...
but this depends on ccc's availability as original suppose to send her in Jan 2014...

Hub..he travels often. That day told him that come 2014, if i have no more leave, he has to take lo....i dont care if he got to cancel meetings or travel...afterall I also working what... sounds very authoratative...but why hur...why must always be me, me, me???? quite sian le..other family member...erm who lei? singapore stops at 2 during our generation...only me and my sis...and I am somemore the elder one....i think in terms of looking after babies..i will be the one rendering help, rather than help rendered to.
than if mom looks after my sis' baby, also abit weird right? To bring my sick child to my mom house when her infant is there....

npl = no pay leave

erm for shoes i rather buy with my DD in shops..cos she can try it out and tell me she likes or not...sometimes the shoes not comfy, she will tell me its "pain"

jingles:
maybe your sis has somone in mind and not your mother to look after?
happy.gif
did u check with her? then u wun be headache if your mother is not her choice.

actually your mil may be able to stand by if you cannot take leave. her hand/leg pain is due to taking care of bb right? if your ger go ccc, then her pain will eventually wear off, like during emergency, she can cover for you.

like my mil who refuse to help me look after bb right? her reasons are this painthat pain. but when my bb or other kids fall sick or nanny on leave and we cannot take leave, we will ask her to help, she has to help loh. only one-off so not pain, haha.

i oso agree age 3 is a more ideal age to leave bb in ccc. that was my plan initially also.

u will be v stressed leh. if everytime u have to take urgent leave or child sick leave...your co wun be too happy oso. if he travels then its very hard liao. its planned one n his ticket would be booked but child fall sick is unplanned one . unless he will one day change job that does not requires travelling. my hub and me dun need to travel for work, this is something we agree to. then now, i kena merger with another dept which requires tracvelling...but coz i have small kids mah, so they let me off loh. but my boss already asking wen i can travel. i told him for a long time i wun be able to travel.
sad.gif
maybe this will affect my appraisel, though he said it wun, only he noes right.

jkids
no la...u know right SK and PG area...its also very tough to get reputable nannies and IFC. I already told her my mom is not the best choice for young infants (which is why mine was taken care by my mil) which she also agreed. But never know....I mean she may come asking my mom how in the last resort when she cant find a solution..and you know la..mothers always got a "thing" for the younger ones.. so I got to think of a solution myself also.

my mil...stay in jurong, we stay in PG. I duno she is so kut lat to travel so far or not. And her hand pain there pain, pain till now lei. after half a year...cos of and on I will ask her..
and frankly i am quite scared to take "favours" from her liao..wah now they will use the one year of looking after my gal as "showhand"/emo blackmail when things dont go their way...you think i dare to ask from their help again bo? Unless really no choice lo.

my co long ago not happy liao lo....give me a lower grade stating "i am on maternity hence performing not as good" whatever la...now my family is more important.....not happy then not happy lor, there is nothing i can do also....i mean no one is helping out la....so in the end got to kamikaze my career lo...(anyway my hub already said...career? u also no career de wat...lol)

jingles, coz we r the mummy mah so expected to sacrifice. as the song goes "世上只有妈妈好". daddy not in the picture. hahah. I changed job coz of my boy, coz can't afford to work OT & wkends now (which is expected of my previous job). somemore i was sorta doing better & earning more compared to my hb. but I didn't really mind la. to me family comes first. or maybe I juz lazy to work ba. hahah. maybe if got 2nd one then muz work PT or quit job liao. coz I find it really hard to cope without much family support esp when kids r sick & can't go IFC/CC. sigh. woes of a working mum. sianz.

Ya lo, Jac. Sian de......not sure if the ccc comes first or these leaves come first....if leaves come first, then not fair for ccc to eat up our leaves lei. Afterall the garment provide these is not for them to go retreat lo..

Wa u still dare no. 2 Ah...I dun dare liao. No support not sure if I will go mad or not.

Hi mummies, not sure if u still remember me! Havent been in here for the longest time cos have been kept busy wif the little gal.

My gal has started ifc when she was 3+ mths and starting jul she was 'promoted' to cc. Sigh all this while she has been sick, like marathon until i hv phobia now. It has kind of affected my last job.
sad.gif

Hi mummies, not sure if u still remember me! Havent been in here for the longest time cos have been kept busy wif the little gal.

My gal has started ifc when she was 3+ mths and starting jul she was 'promoted' to cc. Sigh all this while she has been sick, like marathon until i hv phobia now. It has kind of affected my last job.
sad.gif

jac:
so true lah, no family support means we hv to forgone our career. its juz a job we have. my boss also leaves me alone now. jus that sometimes can be very demoralised.

valteen:
yes rem u!! how often your bb fall sick? this is so stressful i noe!

jingles:
thanks for sharing the article.
looks like you will be facing alot of challenges but i am sure you will find a solution in the end. u mention u cannot find a reliable nanny. did u try to get one thro agent? or your neighbour? so they help you fetch bb from ccc and bath and let them take dinner. if sick, at least can put in nanny care.

i am not sure whether all ccc work the same way. i will share the one my elder kids study in. 1st thing 1st is, they do health check wen kids arrive in sch. kids with fever and any symptoms found on them related to hfmd(ulcer, spots on body/hand/palm, fever), they will ask you to send kids home on the spot. so we make it a pt to check this at home. but coz my kids take sch bus, i am saved the inconvenience to bring them home on the spot. they would call me, then I would either get my family to help me bring them to their house till i fetch at nite, or i would fetch 2 hrs later, cannot juz drop my work and go de. so meantime, the child will be seperated from the rest of d classmates till parents come.

there was a period of time i was so stressed, esp the sch started having hfmd and they become super paranoid. being careful is good, we parents shd be socially responsible by not sending kids to sch, BUT they are overdoing it and it only stress us parents out. not say have one ucler or one red spot is related to hfmd. mos cases are juz heatiness. moz of the time, its false alarm. so we waste our leave while they have one kid less to look after. becoz my child is easily prone to allegy and has some redness on his palate, they also send him home coz they label this "redness" as "red spot". redness and redspot is different argh. and for those suspected case which they send kids home, they even want parents to ask doc write letter to say its not hfmd. there were many unhappy parentd over this that they change their strategy abit. if got 1 ulcer, they would now tell us but will montior.

my bb will not be going to the same ccc as the elder ones. so i ask the ccc how they take precaution agt hfmd. they told me any ulcer, any fever, any red spot, they will send kids home. *faint* liao. thats y i am feeling the stressed that will happen next yr ~~~ 1st part of the yr is my peak. but coz my parents stay even nearer affter i am moving to my new house, i can immediately drop my bb there if really bo pian. luckily all my elder two in pri sch next yr with no health check except temp check, i have 2 stress down.

jkids
well we will see how bah..
getting nanny + ccc = is alot of $, if this is so, i think i may opt to quit my job as putting the options on the weighing scale, it may be cheaper for me to stop work.

cos if i stop work, kid dont need to go ccc anymore which cost alot. then just incorporating some enrichment, things may be cheaper this way.

neighbours...erm nowadays HDB no hello hello neighbours liao lei...and if talking about my immediate neighbour, she has 2 boys herself already. Most of the time I am already hearing her screaming out her lungs, where got time to help me...

see how bah. 走一步,看一步.

ya lor as stated in the article. it depends on the stringency of the ccc.
some see one single spot will send the kid straight home....well there is good point and bad point la..haiz..this island really tough to have kids, blame it being a small island where there is lack of manpower, lack of ccc facilities and lack of understanding companies..

i envy those mommies whom companies are v pro-family. If anything wrong at home, kids sick or wat, so long they can function at home, they are allow to pack their laptop and work via home. No need touch their leaves.

Jingles: yah lor, really bo bian. Tried my best but well...things turned bad and i am suffering the consequence.
sad.gif
I have transferred to anthr dept but i am still affected by what happened.

I am contemplating quitting too cos i am feeling so guilty for not being able to give my gal more nutritious meals, etc etc.

But we proceastinate and proscrastonate.... Lol

Jkids: cant tell u how often but as far as i am concerned, it marathon, before one fully goes off, anthr rounds starts (overlap somemore!). The only break was between feb and apr. hosp in jan for suspected bacterial infection. After she was well till apr then the madness starts. Jz last nite had a mild fever again.

One of her pd is 'anti' cc. The last round he asked if i cld let her out of cc for at least a week to let her break the cycle. My, i was organising two major events then. Finally decided to bite the bullet and ask boss if i cld work fr hm. He ok but working fr hm wi a little one is not easy either! Pd also think she has nose allergy.

valteen
poor thing la..think many things must have happen to you hur...guess all of us have our fair share of sob stories...frankly i think even if we have support from elsewhere will also have our fair share of frustration.

wah like this...ccc v good $ to earn..imagine so much money but our kids there less than half a month.

Jingles: am toying wif the idea of quitting, gal go halfday cc. And see if can go sm hm based work/biz, etc.

Anyone done/is doing/am thinking of doing the same thing?

valteen
i am also dreaming of that day too cos i will love to be a home maker
happy.gif

but before plunging into this decision you have to consider alot of points:

1) no more spending power...unless you have tonnes of savings..if not you (and your own parents) will need to learn how to take out ur hand and take allowance from your husband.

2) no more colleagues. imagine only facing a 2 year old kid day in and day out....i am ok...some ple may not be able to take it, can make anyone mad.

3) no more regular work lifestyle...no need to dress up, no need to make up..duno if long run will become aunty bo ><

4) losing job opportunites..unless you have lobang and youth on your side. Think of how long you wan stay home with ur kid...if 1 year...u sure marketable after that? for me, i am scared la...i am no longer young anymore and in my administrative world, youth is power. They like to engage young things that can OT and work longer, and also demand lesser pay....so...I also worry about reconnecting to the working world after departing it..

alot of things to consider de....its not say wan quit means quit...tats why till now i am still dreaming lo...

jingles: pro-family companies? u referring to mine? LOL...well just today, received emails that we need to bring laptop home everyday for immediate effect...yes..no need to take urgent leave anymore...but like Valteen said, not easy to work from home with kids at home. Still need another pair of hands. And most of the time will need to do our work after they sleep at nite. so tiring.

Valteen, my son also like your girl..marathon. His stuffy nose like never go away. always in a dilemma whether to feed him med..feed also not recovered..and like everyday take med..dont take then wonder will worsen or not. GP said he has sensitive airways. Ever since he had bronchitis in Jan, every time i worried if he need neubuiliser again whenever he caught flu.

For me, usually i will send my elder girl back to cc (private) once no more fever. Just last mth, she was down with slight fever on the day i'm back from my biz trip. Initially keeping her at home but i was too tired..didn't sleep the previous night and she kept bugging me...so in the end i sent her to sch at 10am..sch let her in..then i went to pick her up at 3pm+ when they called me that her fever coming back.
but my son sch seems stricter..but then maybe because still in ifc. if tell them throat infection or what, want doc's clearance to go back to sch.

Jingles: same lo....so much to consider. Yes 1 and 4 are my major concerns. Sometimes i ask myself, will i die from stress or heart attack instead thinking of all these. Then hubby will take ALL the responsibilities! Hahaha

moscato
ya lo...i know work at home also tough...but at least no need to take leave, no need to keep seeing boss face and take urgent leave...keep leave for holiday..not sick and ccc's retreat lo.

valteen
yes...i also told my husband off...maybe one day i will just collapse thinking so much and sorry, the entire burden will be on you liao..good luck
happy.gif

and the thought of buying things, one bottle of face product, one nail polish, one handphone apps, also need my husband's acknowledgement...also sian tiao.

jingles, your points are precisely the reasons why i can never be a SAHM hahaha....

anyway just info, my friend who's in the childcare line was telling me that it's better to look for CCC that has separate rooms rather than cubicles, so that the viruses are not able to travel so easily..dunno how true though..

none of the mummies here approve of domestic helpers?

medory
ya....sometimes dumping a job, its not just a job..its a commitment. Sometimes I also think if I stop working for a year or 2, will I regret later, cos 1or2 years no work, lesser CPF...what if at later stage of life, I need these money for my parents medical bill??

Domestic helpers...erm unless you got good reputable ones la..like ur relatives dont need, then pass on to you...if not...its another can of worms which I am afraid of opening..

i strongly object to domestic helpers. i strongly quit my job to look after than engage them
happy.gif

even if quit the office job, i feel woman should still work from home...home biz...pt job...or playshares...juz make sure got some allowance lah...i find it quite demoralised to look after kids without any $ coming into my pocket.

hahaha jkids, had a bad experience with them?
i agree hiring a domestic helper is really a game of luck..i live with my in-laws n we do have a helper at home..but sometimes i also get very frustrated because she's rather lazy in doing work, though she's quite a good companion for my daughter..but have to close one eye on other things lor..

in-laws can be another headache also...especially if they teach your kids the things that u really cannot tahan haha...like how my MIL teaches my daughter to call her mah-mah (grandma in dialect)..end up she doesn't call me mama, i have to teach her to call me mummy instead..n my MIL still has the cheek to ask me how my gal greets me
sad.gif

jkids..ya i think no money of your own, need to ask for it, really demoralising...especially when we've worked before and have the financial freedom to buy what we want...

medory:
i hv never hired one b4 but hearing the pain others had went thro :p yah, really muzlower expectation when hiring one if not, vomit blood...

everytime i buy clothes for my kids, i feel so satified coz i use my own money. i cannot imagine if i hv to ask my hub for money leh.

jkids
yes..i agree...everytime i buy clothes for my girl, i will be v happy, online shopping for her, feel satisfied. When i buy books for her, she reads with enthu, i lagi fly over the moon
happy.gif

tats why..if i dont have my own earning power, think i will die :p

hahaha looks like we are all not ready to give up our incomes :p

finally it's almost time to go home..weather is making me so sleepy the whole day..

ya la...unless we 嫁给一个有钱人... :p if not hor...cannot la..must have own financial income..but of cos sometimes we have to weigh the situation la

medory:
very hard leh . we really need dual income here...unless ...like what jingles said we have rich hub, or we come fr rich family?
proud.gif

lol! ya i also wish i have a rich hub but too bad...only in my dreams perhaps haha...
and now both side parents getting old, how to survive? somemore my hb is only child -_-'''

Back